Another Anti-Gameplay Update from Jagex

Historik2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Today, Jagex released the update that many were anticipating. Bounty Hunter has been temporarily removed as they adjust it to make it "anti-RWT". What most people know by now is that with Jagex, "ANTI-RWT = ANTI-FUN". There is no doubt that once BH is released again, it will be dumbed down and much less interesting. Right now the drop system is purely speculation, what we do know is that it will be different. Drops will not be what they used to be; many people are saying there will be a percentage that you get, others believe they'll simply adopt PVP drops into BH.

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape. The game is becoming more and more restrained everyday. Also, the argument that these updates are being made over Credit Card fraud (which they used last time) is completely bogus. CC fraud HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BH RWT. BH RWT requires high level characters to trade. Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters. No one is going to get a level 50+, 95+ character banned for a few days of membership. The only reason Jagex has for these new anti-RWT updates is their EGO! They are willing to continue destroying their game (which has already DETERIORATED MASSIVELY from the trading updates of 2007/08) just to stop a few people from making profit off their game.

This is your chance as a player to stop taking these garbage updates with a grain of salt. Jagex should be improving their product, not destroying it! We are paying members and our voice should be heard. Complain to Jagex, let them know how you feel, and let's discuss these anti-gameplay updates here. Don't you guys think it's gone way too far? Does RWT *REALLY* hurt your experience on Runescape (aside from Jagex's updates to stop it)?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of total crap. Don't try and force your own narrow, biased [developmentally delayed]ed opinion onto others by displaying it as facts.

If you don't like the updates, and if it's as bad as you say it is.. then quit. Whining like a [bleep] isn't going to change anything.

What a load of total crap. Don't try and force your own narrow, biased [developmentally delayed] opinion onto others by displaying it as facts.

If you don't like the updates, and if it's as bad as you say it is.. then quit. Whining like a [bleep] isn't going to change anything.

This. I highly doubt Jagex will make changes to the drops at all.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters.

If someone so desired to train an account up to lvl 100, that's not quite hard to do. A week or two of intensive work at best. And if you're neck-deep in credit card fraud, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a team of people training up that account.

You cannot say that they're unrelated. Just like I can't say for sure that they're related. The only one who knows is Jagex.

What we DO KNOW, as players, is that Jagex's scope has expanded from credit card fraud, to stopping RWTing to preserve the game's integrity. That is one reason why this change is happening.

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape.

This is a gross over-exaggeration. Can you still skill with people? Can you still talk to people? Can you still BASICALLY INTERACT with other people? Yes. They're just changing an aspect of the game.

We also don't know that Bounty Hunter's drop system is changing. As we know it, Bounty Hunter exists to allow people to have a "loot upon killing" experience. I can't see them changing that without changing the whole nature of the minigame and keeping it in the same place.

No, I don't think they're going "WAY TOO FAR OMGH!@#!@" or that they're doing this just to inflate their ego, as you've said.

It'll be a miracle if actual mature, flame-free discussion comes from this thread.

hzvjpwS.gif

What a load of total crap. Don't try and force your own narrow, biased [developmentally delayed] opinion onto others by displaying it as facts.

i like u

maybe one day we can become friends

see u at the 2376 club

ot: i agree with what bauke said incase anyone didn't get that

ps:

I hate when people say [cabbage] like 'just quit then'.

So we're not allowed to express any real dissatisfaction with ANYTHING Jagex does because we like to play Runescape?

Stfu.

ummmm

its their game

jus sayin

might make sense to some ppl idk prolly not u

lol.

In other news...

It's not like they're trying to get rid of customers. I am sure Jagex is putting their best minds on this project. RWT is STILL a problem, and BH is currently one of the only viable ways of performing said action. Trust me, they're not out to get you, 3hit.

11th to 99 Summoning

85th to 99 Runecrafting

soulattacker.png

PvP worlds = fun, imo. It's anti-RWT.

BH was used probably about 95% of the time to xfer nowadays. The other people that went there were anti-RWT'ers. Rarely ever did I see anyone use this for a normal fight EVER.

Tbh, I think it should just be removed if anything. Dumbing it down will probably just make people not want to use it. But it depends what they do. It's probably going to kill non-LS duo bandos for sharing loot, or sharing loot in PvP or something.

But stop posting things as if its fact. We don't know what they're doing, and neither do you. It's all assumption, and we already have a discussion on this in another thread basically -- the announcement that BH is closed.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

Nice rant, go stick it in the rants forum please.

Today, Jagex released the update that many were anticipating. Bounty Hunter has been temporarily removed as they adjust it to make it "anti-RWT". What most people know by now is that with Jagex, "ANTI-RWT = ANTI-FUN".No, Anti RWT = Anti RWT, they've added tons in to fill the gap it left, but for a very large amount of scapers, most RWT updates mean more fun. There is no doubt that once BH is released again, it will be dumbed down and much less interesting. Right now the drop system is purely speculation, what we do know is that it will be different. Drops will not be what they used to be; many people are saying there will be a percentage that you get, others believe they'll simply adopt PVP drops into BH. And what's bad about that? It will stop RWt'ers and people trading god sets.

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape. Hi trading, various minigame, talking, pvp worlds, wow, there taking all that out? [/sarcasm]The game is becoming more and more restrained everyday. Also, the argument that these updates are being made over Credit Card fraud (which they used last time) is completely bogus. CC fraud HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BH RWT. BH RWT requires high level characters to trade. Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters. No one is going to get a level 50+, 95+ character banned for a few days of membership.You've got ALOT wrong there. For one, this update has not been blamed on CC fruad. The main RWT updates last year were, and that was all legit. Jagex has a rule against RWT, and will do anything to stop it, itis their game and do not need a reason other than it is against the rules and spirit of the game. The only reason Jagex has for these new anti-RWT updates is their EGO! Lol what, this looks more like YOUR Ego, not theirs.They are willing to continue destroying their game (which has already DETERIORATED MASSIVELY from the trading updates of 2007/08) just to stop a few people from making profit off their game.I see the game as being better now, and they SHOULD stop people profiting off their game.

This is your chance as a player to stop taking these garbage updates with a grain of salt. Jagex should be improving their product, not destroying it! We are paying members and our voice should be heard. Complain to Jagex, let them know how you feel, and let's discuss these anti-gameplay updates here. Don't you guys think it's gone way too far? Does RWT *REALLY* hurt your experience on Runescape (aside from Jagex's updates to stop it)? Go back to the RSOF and post this in rants, because i for one don't care what you think about this update, it's for the greater good.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Need I point out that they only mention RWT once?

Their first point is that the level ranges are too wide; a 100 could be set against a 130.

Their second point is that fewer people were using it in favor of PvP (how about that?)

The mention of RWT is that it was easy to RWT in low traffic times.

People may hate being told to "just quit then", but let's be honest, if you're going to whine about every little update being a way Jagex is killing the game, why are you still playing it?

Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters.

If someone so desired to train an account up to lvl 100, that's not quite hard to do. A week or two of intensive work at best. And if you're neck-deep in credit card fraud, I wouldn't be surprised if it was a team of people training up that account.

You cannot say that they're unrelated. Just like I can't say for sure that they're related. The only one who knows is Jagex.

What we DO KNOW, as players, is that Jagex's scope has expanded from credit card fraud, to stopping RWTing to preserve the game's integrity. That is one reason why this change is happening.

I think you're misunderstanding the Credit Card fraud issue. Using CC fraud for members gives you a 2-10 day window of having members, after which you will be BANNED. The only characters worth using a stolen CC on for 2-10 days of members are LOW LEVEL THROWAWAYS (which allows you to macro and make gold faster than f2p, but still relatively slow, only worthwhile on a large amount of characters). I'm not talking about game companies who are power leveling an account, because that is completely unrelated to this situation.

Credit Card fraud went hand in hand with macroing. Gold farmers would set up a bunch of low level bots and have them pick flax or whatever. HOWEVER, low level characters cannot transfer effectively through BH, which is why I am saying this theory is completely false.

Need I point out that they only mention RWT once?

Their first point is that the level ranges are too wide; a 100 could be set against a 130.

Their second point is that fewer people were using it in favor of PvP (how about that?)

The mention of RWT is that it was easy to RWT in low traffic times.

People may hate being told to "just quit then", but let's be honest, if you're going to whine about every little update being a way Jagex is killing the game, why are you still playing it?

If you really think Jagex is making this update because of level ranges / low usage, you're brainwashed man. The levels in BH crater have been the similar for the past year, so if you are saying that is the reason for this tweak, you are also saying Jagex must be critically incompetent to have taken 1 year to realize this. As far as fewer people using it in favour of PVP... DUH? Of course PVP took away SOME of the popularity of BH, it's also PVP and obviously it was attracting some of the people using BH. The fact is though, there were always high amounts of players in Bounty Hunter on all F2P craters. There still are. On P2P, yes, there aren't many people playing, but the RWT was going on more in F2P than P2P anyways.

So we're not allowed to express any real dissatisfaction with ANYTHING Jagex does because we like to play Runescape?

Stfu.

Someone expresses their opinion --> I express mine. Action --> reaction.

Saying that you're not allowed to express displeasedness is nonsense, because in no way I said that. There's a difference with letting your feelings know, and totally moronic rants where one tries to enforce his opinion by sprouting nonsense.

Jagex anti-gameplay? Willingly trying to destroy the game? Their ego? And what does the topicstarter know about the impact of credit card fraud? What does he know about the relation with RWT?

Give me a freaking break.

Exactly. It's a legitimate point.

I think you're misunderstanding the Credit Card fraud issue. Using CC fraud for members gives you a 2-10 day window of having members, after which you will be BANNED.

Either you work for Jagex, a RWT company, or you just made that up.

I think you're misunderstanding the Credit Card fraud issue. Using CC fraud for members gives you a 2-10 day window of having members, after which you will be BANNED. The only characters worth using a stolen CC on for 2-10 days of members are LOW LEVEL THROWAWAYS (which allows you to macro and make gold faster than f2p, but still relatively slow, only worthwhile on a large amount of characters). I'm not talking about game companies who are power leveling an account, because that is completely unrelated to this situation.

Credit Card fraud went hand in hand with macroing. Gold farmers would set up a bunch of low level bots and have them pick flax or whatever. HOWEVER, low level characters cannot transfer effectively through BH, which is why I am saying this theory is completely false.

Pray do tell where they've blamed this on CC fraud. The updates last year were but it has not been mentioned for a very long time.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

You're assuming they get members right away. Who's to say they do that? Again, you're making assumptions just as much as I am. And both of us have an equal chance of being wrong, so it's not even worth arguing. So you know, I DO understand RWT'ing, I just figured my explanation would follow with not getting members right away. And I didn't say they were powerlevelling the account to sell it, but powerleveling it to use it in credit card fraud.

You say they can't effectively transfer...why? Get level 40 defense, you can wear every piece of a god armor except the rune plate. And if you buy the best food, you can tank quite easily. So you say it's completely false, I say it's completely plausible and that your argument is biased.

And as I've previously mentioned, they've shifted away from the "CC Fraud" aspect and moved to doing it to protect the integrity of the game. Read my previous post, because I'm certain I've said it there. You must've missed it while arguing a moot point.

hzvjpwS.gif

He makes a very valid point though, the original anti-rwt updates were done to combat botting and credit card issues - which were a large problem that affected Jagex and/or players significantly. This, on the other hand, is being done to combat real world trading (since botting and credit card issues are no longer a problem) - which is affecting hardly anyone.

If they dramatically change bh to make it completely rwt-proof, it'll be on par with making all worlds quick chat only to prevent the possibility of offensive language.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

[

Stfu.

Someone expresses their opinion --> I express mine. Action --> reaction.

Saying that you're not allowed to express displeasedness is nonsense, because in no way I said that. There's a difference with letting your feelings know, and totally moronic rants where one tries to enforce his opinion by sprouting nonsense.

Jagex anti-gameplay? Willing trying to destroy the game? Their ego? And what does the topicstarter know about the impact of credit card fraud? What does he know about the relation with RWT?

Give me a freaking break.

If I was talking about you personally I would've mentioned your name. You just happened to be the first (of many, no surprises there) to say it.

Every time somebody says they are unhappy with an update you get a dozen people saying things along the lines of "omfg its liek der game if u don like it quit".

When have you ever seen the thread maker complain about every update Jagex have come out with? You haven't? Then don't group him and everyone else who has a problem with one update in the same category. People like yourself constantly do this. He may dislike one update. Why is he getting people telling him to quit? Why does every single person who mentions they are upset with an update get told 'l0l quit den'?

Zerker_jane.png

I can already see the people who were bad at PKing complaining in this topic lol. And I think it is pathetic when people say that the GE and the Trade Restrictions "Made people better". Rofl. They didn't make people better. There are still schemes, there are still merchanting clans, there are still all of the things there were before, except now everyone must participate in them, unlike before, when only careless people who didn't pay attention to trades got the stick. You can't change human nature.

Hobogoblin pie made a perfect point of something though. It wouldn't matter if every single player in the entire game quit right now. They would eventually all be replaced with new players, who never played before the update that casued everyone to quit.

I will be reading this topic, i'll look at all of the posts of all the people who were carless and got scammed, I will look at all the posts of all the people who were pathetic PKers, I will look that garbage and read their attempt to push THEIR OWN "narrow minded" view of the situation. If you need a trade limit to protect you becasue you can't pay attention to trades, maybe you should PAY ATTENTION TO TRADES, instead of pushing a trade limit on EVERYONE.

Anyway, all of the "art-holier-than-thou" people are wrong anyway, becasue jagex is doing this to get rid of RWT. Not to enforce bizarre moral codes. They did it becasue of the credit card issue, and not for any other reason. In that sense, the OP is incorrect. I WILL say that other games in the industry have handled this better, and are able to maintain PKing.

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

If I was talking about you personally I would've mentioned your name. You just happened to be the first (of many, no surprises there) to say it.

Every time somebody says they are unhappy with an update you get a dozen people saying things along the lines of "omfg its liek der game if u don like it quit".

Well yeah, quite kills a thread. Have to agree on that. Though in this case it's a very reasonable argument. If I felt the way the topicstarter displays his feelings, I would in no way still play this game.

Well yeah, quite kills a thread. Have to agree on that. Though in this case it's a very reasonable argument. If I felt the way the topicstarter displays his feelings, I would in no way still play this game.

I am 100% anti jagex yet I still play the game. Why? Because I don't have the financial resources to make a better game myself. Also, it does have its good aspects but at the same time they [jagex] display an extreme lack of logic.

Hell, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen changes that could/should be made to the game that don't take a genius to figure out.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I am 100% anti jagex yet I still play the game. Why? Because I don't have the financial resources to make a better game myself. Also, it does have its good aspects but at the same time they [jagex] display an extreme lack of logic.

Hell, off the top of my head I can think of a dozen changes that could/should be made to the game that don't take a genius to figure out.

The thing about that last statement is that it doesen't take a genious to figure them out, but it takes somebody smarter to realise the full effects of them. We can all think of some things that jagex did in a way we dislike, but the thing is, we don't think of them full enough. Jagex will have a team of at least 5 people i'd beleive doing feasability (sp?) checks to all updates, going through each and every possible outcome that could come from it. We may think an idea we have that they should have done differently is good, but im betting they also thought of it, and dismissed it due to something else negative coming from it.

zqXeV.jpg

[hide=]

[/hide]

You're assuming they get members right away. Who's to say they do that? Again, you're making assumptions just as much as I am. And both of us have an equal chance of being wrong, so it's not even worth arguing. So you know, I DO understand RWT'ing, I just figured my explanation would follow with not getting members right away. And I didn't say they were powerlevelling the account to sell it, but powerleveling it to use it in credit card fraud.

You say they can't effectively transfer...why? Get level 40 defense, you can wear every piece of a god armor except the rune plate. And if you buy the best food, you can tank quite easily. So you say it's completely false, I say it's completely plausible and that your argument is biased.

And as I've previously mentioned, they've shifted away from the "CC Fraud" aspect and moved to doing it to protect the integrity of the game. Read my previous post, because I'm certain I've said it there. You must've missed it while arguing a moot point.

Man you are just clueless. Do you see drones of autoers around Runescape now? No. That in itself shows how there is MUCH LESS credit card fraud going on. To expect a company to power level a character to 95 (which would take a VERY LONG TIME), and then for them to auto on that character on P2P for 2-10 days and make like MAYBE 7-8M from it is just plain absurd. Nobody in their right mind would do such a thing, it's just not viable. Do you see hordes of level 95's autoing in RS? No, you don't. And that in itself proves my point.

Jagex has even pointed out that CC fraud is down the lowest levels it has ever experienced. To try and argue that it's still going on in any significant fashion is just false.

I am aware that there is a significant amount of LESS cc fraud happening. I never said that there wasn't.

Nobody in their right mind would do such a thing, it's just not viable.

It's plausible. That's all I said.

Do you see hordes of level 95's autoing in RS? No, you don't. And that in itself proves my point.

No, it lends credence to it, but it doesn't disprove my point. I've seen level 80's/level 90's autoing before. Or have you not seen green dragon autoers before? Apparently not.

EDIT: This, I'd like to add, is why this particular point is MOOT and shouldn't be discussed. You still haven't referred to my other points. I don't know what you're trying to "win" here.

By the way, nice job at keeping this flame free. You've only proved my point that this is a useless, discussion-less topic.

hzvjpwS.gif