Why private servers?

Ax600

I don't get the point in getting a private server. They are stupid, and just cheap replicas of the real RS. Can someone give me a really good reason?

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've pretty much answered your own question... They're cheap and stupid, no reason to get one aside from getting 2billion gp in 5 seconds... There IS no reason to get one...

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

People who fail at the real game can do what they want without putting any work into it.

This.

The only kind private servers I would deem "acceptable" (in this case, not pointless) are RSC ones. They're a popular alternative for the people who got screwed over with the 6 month log in thing.

Then there are things such as old pking etc. like people have mentioned.

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

I apologize for thread-jacking, but what exactly is a private server? I heard about them a couple years ago, and I think they're illegal.

A server that's private. Ever hear of [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]?

I know of a great private server. 1x all skills and no cheats/codes. Made by java gaming experts and even has a F2p and a P2p version. All the skills are fully there. Here is link: Link

ALTERNATE ENDING

Here is link: [hide=]92076920040511screen0019ez.jpg[/hide]

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.

I know of a great private server. 1x all skills and no cheats/codes. Made by java gaming experts and even has a F2p and a P2p version. All the skills are fully there. Here is link: Link

ALTERNATE ENDING

Here is link: [hide=]92076920040511screen0019ez.jpg[/hide]

sometimes i think id be better off with the second one :)

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Are private servers possible with Runescape? I thought because the game isn't downloaded that you can't make your own servers. They are a cheap waste of time anyways. Play the game properly or not at all.

Some of the stuff they do with them is funny... But otherwise what other people have been saying is correct, they're a cheap rip-off.

Unless... Do they actually have HD on private servers? I'm just naturally curious, since I don't know how they got the servers ripped-off in the first place.

2dgucz6.png

Some of the stuff they do with them is funny... But otherwise what other people have been saying is correct, they're a cheap rip-off.

Unless... Do they actually have HD on private servers? I'm just naturally curious, since I don't know how they got the servers ripped-off in the first place.

Nope. AFAIK, none of them even have the skill capes.

td2sig.jpg

They have SkillCapes and GodSwords now they just don't have the emotes and stuff (either way the real ones are better then the Private server ones)

they just rip from the official client and stick it in the crappy server they made :shame: plus they have barely advanced in graphics or anything, we're in HD and they're still in old graphics... (they don't have things like G.E, Chaos Tunnels, things like that)

Zaroterasu.png

you guys obviously havent looked in a while

after a quick google search i found many privite servers with screenshots of godswords skillcapes special attacks and many new areas.

there are nearly as many people working on the severes through forums than at jagex.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

The only reason I can think of for playing on private servers is that you can do high-leveled stuff without actually being high-leveled on the real RuneScape.

So you can see what it feels like being able to do all the activities without being held back by your combat level...

The fun part about a private server is that you can experience being high levelled, having all the nice items and experience every aspect of the game without having to pay, or train a lot. And, there are RSC servers aswell, so people can experience the early days again. I had fun on an RSC server.

..but that lasted like half an hour. Nothing compares to the real RS. But it can be fun, for like a few minutes, to check a few things out.

People who fail at the real game can do what they want without putting any work into it.

Covered it.

This.

The only kind private servers I would deem "acceptable" (in this case, not pointless) are RSC ones. They're a popular alternative for the people who got screwed over with the 6 month log in thing.

Then there are things such as old pking etc. like people have mentioned.

RSC should be brought back by Jagex, and Jagex should just start sueing people who run those servers (especially RS2 ones).

People can have fun without having to worry about being reported. It's freedom to enjoy themself without everyone trying to get one up on them. They get to play a game at any level they want, without grinding through the boring stuff.

Who cares if they use it? People shouldn't be judged for it.

Follow me on Twitter!

FORGET NOT THE CHICKEN.

gravy.png

I have no intrest in helping "keyers" farm xp.

Ive gotten on a private server before, they have most, if not more, items that are on RS.

And some private servers do have HD but end up crashing one week later

Excuses are tools of incompetence that builds monuments of nothingness. Those who specialize in excuses never accomplish anything.
If the world does end on December 21, 2012, I want to be doing hot stuff with Megan Fox and/or playing Runescape :D