Jagex, the Antichrist

compfreak847

It's not all little kids that think they're smarter than Jagex. I'm 23 and I don't think I'm smarter, but I do think I'm clever enough to see through some of their rhetoric and line of crap they sometimes spew. Basically, I don't buy this bilge they're trying to feed us. I don't think they're honest people. Like for instance, I don't think the BTS was removed due to content restraints. They could easily make it company policy that everything is ready to roll before they even hint as to it's existence.

I also think they removed it because they think we have short memories. If we can't go on a month by month basis, we're less likely to notice that they have significantly less update coming out.

I mean, if they're doing all these improvements, there is no way they take more time to do than whole new content. So why are there fewer updates? If you got big chunks of content you're working on taking up your time, cool, say so. Don't need to tell us what, just say, "Hey we got some big things we're working on. Sorry for the slow update schedule right now." :wall:

I agree. In fact, my "Times" article centers around skepticism regarding the update rollout system.

Predictably, I was met with an unprecedented wall of flame (how dare I question the new CEO that has yet to introduce any new content!). Hell of a thoughtful community we have here, isn't it?

:roll:

Look, I'm giving the guy the Obama treatment. I know he'll be crappy, but I gotta wait 6 months until I can really criticize him. You know, they both took over around the same time...

OMG, the new head of Jagex is Obama! And he knows that Sailing is only for rich people and he hates rich people so he told everyone no Sailing in Runescape!

That kinda sucks for all the people who wanted to sail... But anyway.

Soul Wars: Same old stuff -.-

Phoenix Cave: crap quest, decent daily activity :)

Seer's Diary: Good stuff, no complaints \'

Evil Tree: Pretty neutral to it :|

And the rest of those glorified patch notes they're calling updates. :shame:

Oh Jesus, you are a clever, clever man. Comparing Obama to the new CEO of Jagex while insulting them both? Classy. You're paranoid and pessimistic for no apparent reason.

Also, you mentioned that they should just release updates when they're completely, 100% ready. Is that not the entire point of getting rid of the BTS? So they can do just that? So what's your point?

Tell me, Libs, what do you enjoy in Runescape? Do you enjoy certain skills, minigames, pvp, pvm, what? Let's pinpoint exactly why you play this game so we can figure out why you feel that Jagex is out to get you.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to defend the Obama thing as a decent metaphor until I saw his username :lol:

On topic, I dont get why everyone criticizes jagex, most of the complaints are about something useless and honestly jagex does a decent job after they debug initial releases.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

i admit alot are idiots and i personally make topics to confuse and annoy them.

But even if they are 12 years old anyone can put together a good argument with proper grammar if they put the time into it. And YES a 12 year old can be smarter than a multi-million pound company it just take some brains, personal in game experience and a drive to improve the game. (do you think any workers at jagex have high level accounts with forum experience and many years of playing?)

There are some very mature and intelligent on the rsof you just have to find them ;).

No, a 12 year old isn't smarter then Jagex. Most of them obviously have sub-average intelligence and cannot even string full sentences together. Obviously many mods have high level accounts, and post on the forums frequently.

Because many of those "teenagers" have played RS significantly longer than most, if not all, of the developers. It's fairly well-known that most of the development team has lower-leveled accounts. Therefore, they are less experienced with the game, ergo they do not fully understand what's wrong with the game, etc.

Jagex has a very low turnover rate; there are literally dozens of staff that still work from the original corporation, and people like Mod Paul and Mod Andrew have been there since DeviousMUD was programed. Virtually all of the 'stupid' ranters I've seen are under level 110, generally with low skills; the experience of hundreds of programmers is far greater then theirs.

what maybe 40 (being generous) have 110+ accounts.

now maybe 100000 other players are 110+ combat (f2p combat and proberly still more than that)

who do you think has more experience in the game. Jagex would be stupid to ignore their player base.

you have no experience of the rsof obviously as you think every single person there is stupid

Wrong question. You should be asking: who is more interested in producing a high-quality balanced game that appeals to a large audience. And the answer to that is Jagex.

Yes, some kids may have a hell of a lot more experience in grinding through the game. But they tend to lack the knowledge and perspective that would allow them to provide constructive freedback. The average teenaged player is after selfish goals (as are we all, on an individual level): he wants to kick [wagon] and to do so with style, but rarely will he stop to consider how his desires would effect the overall game-balance or how his preferred suggestions would effect other skills and play-styles.

I trust Jagex to take balance and game integrity much more seriously than the average player (who, in most cases haven't even played any other MMORPG).

Yes, some kids may have a hell of a lot more experience in grinding through the game. But they tend to lack the knowledge and perspective that would allow them to provide constructive freedback. The average teenaged player is after selfish goals (as are we all, on an individual level): he wants to kick [wagon] and to do so with style, but rarely will he stop to consider how his desires would effect the overall game-balance or how his preferred suggestions would effect other skills and play-styles.

I trust Jagex to take balance and game integrity much more seriously than the average player (who, in most cases haven't even played any other MMORPG).

I wish i had enough space to put that quote in my sig, as it explians almost perfectly what i wish i could have said.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

[hide=This]

no one here knows me irl, so idc what people on here think of me...

This is the single worst thing about the internet. The complete lack of personal accountability makes forums BRUTAL to visit; people troll and flame because of the afforded anonymity.

The result is an incredibly counterproductive environment. People are much more caustic, inconsiderate, and savagely hypercritical because they can never be called out.

This is why people are super quick to judge and attack, even though they aren't putting themselves out there. It's an incredibly cowardly practice, but it's so commonplace that it is considered status quo on the internet.

And that really makes every forum suck more than it should.

[/hide]

Sums up what my post was going to be. They know that nobody knows who they are, and that they could very likely get away with coming back if they're banned. If you know you won't get caught, you'll probably do something bad .

What people fail to see is that it's a multiplayer game*, it might not be for you, that doesn't mean it's useless.

*If you want to debate with me about it not being multiplayer, this isn't the thread for it

- How about their public statement, clear on the front page, that telling someone you want to trade when you have no intention of doing so, only to lure them to the wilderness, does not qualify as a deception?

I'm going to hit the buzzer here. That wasn't on the front page, that was hidden away in the pking section of the forums. It was a statement by a Jmod who clearly didn't know what the hell he was talking about, and was rectified only a few days later.

Jagex makes some pretty silly mistakes too. Now, the majority of the rants you'd see are caused because updates generally help one group at the cost of another.

Any update that helps any part of the economy will have an adverse affect somewhere on someone, that's a basic law of economics and is impossible to get around.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade?

The customer is always right.

2dgucz6.png

there are some aspects that are ok to rant with,

Secret updates, jagex never told people about tormented demons update and my friend died there the day after the update because 3 td's killed her, oh and the price changes, they didnt even tell us about it...

jagex releasing content without even checking quality IE soul wars, Great orb project(seriously its been too long and its still not fixed),

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade?

Yeah... About that...

Click at your own risk!

In short, the customer is not always right. There's a fine line between a legitimate complaint and [cabbage].

Every population has its morons, that's simple statistics and if you compare the real-world population to the population of an internet game aimed for, let's say teens (whatever Jagex say about being aimed for young adults and lots of contents aimed at relatively young kids, the majority of people playing it probably haven't graduated from high school), you'll find a majority of players will less life experience and judgement than someone like you Compfreak.

The ignorance and self-importance of youth translate into stupid behaviors and half-thought statements. Writing on an internet forums also provides anonymity so looking stupid here is not so bad and won't crush your carreer or reputation at school.

I feel alright being in the top 10% percentile QI-wise and accept that less intelligent people will have less intelligent reactions.

Wow, there's some arrogance for you.

To be honest, this thread is getting quite pathetic; yes there are some unnecessary and half thought rants out there and there always will be but i would expect "mature" people like yourselves would be able to deal with this without starting another. I really don't appreciate the generalization that all teens are ignorant and arrogant, first it was the "damn ten year olds" and now it's the teens. Morons can be all ages.

4D485FC689.png

4d485fc689.png

4d485fc689.png

What if the customer says he can juggle three elephants?

What if the customer says he can juggle three elephants?

Then go to Africa, smuggle roughly 24 tons of biological contraband, show up at their house, then meaningfully nod at the three African Bull Elephants on their yard.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It's not all little kids that think they're smarter than Jagex. I'm 23 and I don't think I'm smarter, but I do think I'm clever enough to see through some of their rhetoric and line of crap they sometimes spew. Basically, I don't buy this bilge they're trying to feed us. I don't think they're honest people. Like for instance, I don't think the BTS was removed due to content restraints. They could easily make it company policy that everything is ready to roll before they even hint as to it's existence.

I also think they removed it because they think we have short memories. If we can't go on a month by month basis, we're less likely to notice that they have significantly less update coming out.

I mean, if they're doing all these improvements, there is no way they take more time to do than whole new content. So why are there fewer updates? If you got big chunks of content you're working on taking up your time, cool, say so. Don't need to tell us what, just say, "Hey we got some big things we're working on. Sorry for the slow update schedule right now." :wall:

I agree. In fact, my "Times" article centers around skepticism regarding the update rollout system.

Predictably, I was met with an unprecedented wall of flame (how dare I question the new CEO that has yet to introduce any new content!). Hell of a thoughtful community we have here, isn't it?

:roll:

Look, I'm giving the guy the Obama treatment. I know he'll be crappy, but I gotta wait 6 months until I can really criticize him. You know, they both took over around the same time...

OMG, the new head of Jagex is Obama! And he knows that Sailing is only for rich people and he hates rich people so he told everyone no Sailing in Runescape!

That kinda sucks for all the people who wanted to sail... But anyway.

Soul Wars: Same old stuff -.-

Phoenix Cave: crap quest, decent daily activity :)

Seer's Diary: Good stuff, no complaints \'

Evil Tree: Pretty neutral to it :|

And the rest of those glorified patch notes they're calling updates. :shame:

Oh Jesus, you are a clever, clever man. Comparing Obama to the new CEO of Jagex while insulting them both? Classy. You're paranoid and pessimistic for no apparent reason.

Also, you mentioned that they should just release updates when they're completely, 100% ready. Is that not the entire point of getting rid of the BTS? So they can do just that? So what's your point?

Tell me, Libs, what do you enjoy in Runescape? Do you enjoy certain skills, minigames, pvp, pvm, what? Let's pinpoint exactly why you play this game so we can figure out why you feel that Jagex is out to get you.

I was lampooning them actually. It was a joke. They did both come into power around the same time. On another note, no, I don't like Obama, but still, take a joke.

As far as the BTS, if the thing is a 100% done before it's mentioned in the BTS, there would be no rush to completion to get it out in time because they decided to announce it before it was ready to roll. If you finish all of your content for March, by the end of January, then you could have it ready to go on March, and be rushing your developers. That way, you could still have a BTS without the development team jumping out of the windows.

As far as why I play, mostly out of habit. And I play for skills, combats, quests, and single-way minigames. I'm not that foind of team-based minigames. I also don't PVP, Boss Hunt, etc. Not that those are bad, but not my interest.

It's not that I hate or dislike or think they're wronging me personally. I don't trust them. I base this on their past actions for the most part. If this MMG wants to change it, cool. I will not however take him at his word this early on. I still remain skeptical of the things they say. I will not fall to my knees and worship him like so many other players.

For example, maybe they aren't as financially sound as they make themsleves out to be. Maybe Iddison left because they couldn't meet his demands for pay? Maybe they had layoffs. Maybe the content and development team isn't as big as it use to be. Maybe this is why they're doing upgrades for a year? Updates that take a lot less time than content. Maybe this is why they had more issues with their updates and had so many bugs because their QA department had been slashed? And maybe this explains why said easier content to make isn't be released nearly often enough?

I'm not saying this has happened, but I think it's a plausible enough scenario to explain this new "directions" of theirs.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

For example, maybe they aren't as financially sound as they make themsleves out to be. Maybe Iddison left because they couldn't meet his demands for pay? Maybe they had layoffs. Maybe the content and development team isn't as big as it use to be. Maybe this is why they're doing upgrades for a year? Updates that take a lot less time than content. Maybe this is why they had more issues with their updates and had so many bugs because their QA department had been slashed? And maybe this explains why said easier content to make isn't be released nearly often enough?

Have you looked at their recent financial reports? I didn't think so. They expanded enormously in the past year, with a huge profit at the end of the year. And the subscriber\hit count for their website continues to grow; they have plenty of job request on their site, and they have an enormous backup capital. Do some research before bashing them :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Maybe they're like Enron?

I wasn't bashing them either. Was just floating a hypothetical. I don't believe what I said. I was giving an example. I don't think they're honest about all their dealings.

I wasn't bashing them either. Was just floating a hypothetical. I don't believe what I said. I was giving an example. I don't think they're honest about all their dealings.

Maybe they aren't like Enron? What are you talking about 'honesty'. It's a FINANCIAL REPORT, if they fake that they'll find themselves in a lot more trouble then not being worshiped by RS players. More like sitting around in jail.

Don't float 'hypothetical' that are complete and utter nonsense. If you have reason to believe they are faking all their finances, go to the UK police and have them shut down. Until then, keep your mouth shut about it =D>

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Maybe they aren't like Enron? What are you talking about 'honesty'. It's a FINANCIAL REPORT, if they fake that they'll find themselves in a lot more trouble then not being worshiped by RS players. More like sitting around in jail.

Don't float 'hypothetical' that are complete and utter nonsense. If you have reason to believe they are faking all their finances, go to the UK police and have them shut down. Until then, keep your mouth shut about it =D>

Was a hypothetical example. I don't think their secretiveness is criminal, just dishonest towards their players.

The Enron thing is a joke. You know what those are right? When people make light of things?

I swear Runescape to you guys is like this little golden calf sitting in the middle of you and I better not criticize it lest you stone me.

Was a hypothetical example. I don't think their secretiveness is criminal, just dishonest towards their players.

The Enron thing is a joke. You know what those are right? When people make light of things?

I swear Runescape to you guys is like this little golden calf sitting in the middle of you and I better not criticize it lest you stone me.

Your still wrong. They haven't been the slightest bit secretive; their financial reports are available for anyone to see. Your trying to make a 'joke' out of it, but not only is your point flawed, your joke is too :roll:

DeviledEgg24.png

*sigh*

I didn't mean secretive. I meant that when things have happened, they've been dishonest about what happened, why it happened, etc. And I don't mean secretive about their finances. It was only a... nevermind.

It's not that I hate or dislike or think they're wronging me personally. I don't trust them. I base this on their past actions for the most part. If this MMG wants to change it, cool. I will not however take him at his word this early on. I still remain skeptical of the things they say. I will not fall to my knees and worship him like so many other players.

I'm not saying this has happened, but I think it's a plausible enough scenario to explain this new "directions" of theirs.

You made a uninformed post with no facts to back yourself up. Don't try to convert it into a joke.

I didn't mean secretive.

Really? Then what's this:

I don't think their secretiveness is criminal, just dishonest towards their players.

You need to get your posts straighten out. Every other post you say something completely different. I would suggest dropping the financial instability theory entirely, given that it has been completely disproved :thumbdown:

DeviledEgg24.png

I only used that word because you used that word. I never thought they were financially instable. It was a hypothetical straw man argument. You mised the point. I'm done with you.

Go back and suckle on the Jagex teet and tell them how great they are. Sorry I interrupted this.

I only used that word because you used that word. I never thought they were financially instable. It was a hypothetical straw man argument. You mised the point. I'm done with you.

One does not use 'plausible' in fake, made up arguments. One also does not use an obviously wrong, easily disproved 'fact' in a pretend argument.

Go back and suckle on the Jagex teet and tell them how great they are. Sorry I interrupted this.

Heaven forbid I say that Jagex's financial statements are correct. Congratulations, your the type of person I'm talking about.

DeviledEgg24.png

Congratulations, your the type of person I'm talking about.

I have to say that I completly agree with this. When faced failure, people like him will resort to flaming and extreme generalization to "win" their arguments.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I have to say that I completly agree with this. When faced failure, people like him will resort to flaming and extreme generalization to "win" their arguments.

No it's my fault for having even gotten into this thred with someone I knew I'd have an opposing viewpoint from.

He missed my point over and over, but whatever. It is our burden to have our opinions be misunderstood.

I made a mistake and have learned from it. Don't bother giving a *bleep* what anyone else says on here.

It's a rib. A joke. You guys get all serious and start talking about financial reports and stuff. i mean seriously, get over it. Have a laugh.

No it's my fault for having even gotten into this thred with someone I knew I'd have an opposing viewpoint from.

He missed my point over and over, but whatever. It is our burden to have our opinions be misunderstood.

I made a mistake and have learned from it. Don't bother giving a *bleep* what anyone else says on here.

It's a rib. A joke. You guys get all serious and start talking about financial reports and stuff. i mean seriously, get over it. Have a laugh.

I commend the attempt to turn a flawed argument into a joke but lets be honest, compfreak caught your bluff.

Zerker_jane.png