Jagex, the Antichrist

compfreak847

It happens with EVERY update. The RSOF (and usually our rants forum) is flooded with rants spewing hate filled semi literate text towards teh stuipd jagex. A very few rants have a point - they may discuss glitches or bugs that are later fixed. But almost every one of them is condemning a point that, if looked into deeply, makes sense. And why wouldn't it?

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade? I can successfully argue every single update with the possible exception of the recent price adjustments (which has moved those items into the spotlight, and has proven highly beneficial to the economy - regardless of how they are viewed). Jagex is a business, with the sole goal of making money. When you look at almost any update from that standpoint, it immediately becomes obvious.

And apparently, anyone who thinks a huge corporation could possibly be smarter then a 12 year old with a keyboard is a jagex fanboy\lover\puppet\parrot\commie. What's up with that? It didn't use to be an issue on TIF, but lately it seems to be a few of the regulars (me, bronzewarrior, zaaps, yanksrule, abc, with most of the rest like Inushakent, Salim, and Muggi gone) propping up a huge amount of spam from low post count\join date RSOFers.

Why, tip.it? Why?

(Side note: this isn't a rant, it's a curiosity\discussion thing)

EDIT: There seems to be a misconception. I'm not talking about the RSOF or Tip.it in general, I'm talking about the "stupid" posts that are just plain wrong and self centered. So you don't have to post telling me that "there's smart people on the RSOF too" :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because young teens 13-15 need stable envoroments and any change causes a disruption in their equallibrium and they freak out so to speak.

It's a good thought. Another theory is that every now and then changes that are made for the good of the game (RWT etc.) affect something they like, and they are too short sided and selfish to see the long term good.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

Because young teens 13-15 need stable envoroments and any change causes a disruption in their equallibrium and they freak out so to speak.

It's a good thought. Another theory is that every now and then changes that are made for the good of the game (RWT etc.) affect something they like, and they are too short sided and selfish to see the long term good.

And some of them may not be able to fully understand the reasoning behind the change. So they jump to conclusions. ie. OMG TEH JAGEX RUINED MY FUNNERS THEY MUST BE HATEN ON ME.

And some of them may not be able to fully understand the reasoning behind the change. So they jump to conclusions. ie. OMG TEH JAGEX RUINED MY FUNNERS THEY MUST BE HATEN ON ME.

Yeah, that's the standard result. Try to explain it to them and they freak out with namecalling and refusing to see even the smallest glimmer of reason.

DeviledEgg24.png

I love Jagex <3:

It's because if it doesn't directly benefit them RIGHT THIS SECOND then it's obviously a rubbish update, right? I mean, it's not like there are millions of other players out there who might benefit is there?! :lol:

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

You have to take into account that people are more likely to complain about something than compliment it which is why it seems like the majority of the people hate the updates.

That's also true, but I'm not talking about the numbers - I'm talking about the clueless people who mindlessly rant. Sadly, they are also in the majority, but that's not really my point.

DeviledEgg24.png

Because those who enjoy the update are too busy enjoying it, leaving all the forum time to those with far too much time on their hands to come up with various conspiracy theories as to why jagex WANTS to destroy their own game and why they obviously hate their own customers.

"I haet dis gaem. Evury updaet it gets wurse"

"Then why are you playing it?"

"[bLEEP] YOU NUB, ILL PLAY WAT I WANT WITHOUT UR TROLING. Y DONT U GET A LIFE INSTED OF COMING ON A FORUM TO COMPLAIN TO ME"

"Isn't that what you're doing right now?"

"POST ON MY THRED AGAIN AND ILL HAVE U BANED"

In short, because they're morons. They have absolutely nothing else to do with their lives (or lack thereof)

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Honestly, how mant threads do we need to have on this topic every few weeks before the message gets through that some people are just plain stupid? Rants on RSOF have been alive since the forums themselves, it's really nothing new. And it doesn't help that several times in both tipit and RSOF people think of having the brilliant idea of ranting about people's rants. We get the message, RSOF ranters are generally idiots. I spent a good 5 months on those boards constructing some decent rants that gained a lot of support (one of which lasted 6 threads after reachig the 2k limit) but many times my voices were drowned out by the failures of the internet complaining that their fun has been ruined. The reason a lot of people come to tipit forums is to get away from the stupidity that is contagious in RSOF. Immature and incoherent rants are not a new thing. They have always been here and will continue to exist until Jagex decides to go wtfban on them.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

The self-interests of a business are not the same as the self-interests of a 12 year old.

Also, you know they saying "hindsight is 20/20." People look back on past updates and say "That was stupid," but it's nearly impossible to know if an update will be accepted or rejected before it is tested by the multi-million user fan base, and by then, it is too late to "take back" a quest or minigame.

An example is Stealing Creation. The minigame was highly criticized for being "half-baked" and a poor step down from previous minigames due to some bugs that were apparent. The truth is, about a million people played the game on just the first day it was released. If it took an hour for someone to discover a bug, that is a million hours of game time for a bug to be discovered. To match that, the Jagex testing staff of around 100 (not sure, round estimate) would have to play for around 10,000 hours. Obviously, it impossible to find every single bug and mistake, and in no way is Jagex going "downhill" because of their recent updates.

lalalasig2.png

Every population has its morons, that's simple statistics and if you compare the real-world population to the population of an internet game aimed for, let's say teens (whatever Jagex say about being aimed for young adults and lots of contents aimed at relatively young kids, the majority of people playing it probably haven't graduated from high school), you'll find a majority of players will less life experience and judgement than someone like you Compfreak.

The ignorance and self-importance of youth translate into stupid behaviors and half-thought statements. Writing on an internet forums also provides anonymity so looking stupid here is not so bad and won't crush your carreer or reputation at school.

I feel alright being in the top 10% percentile QI-wise and accept that less intelligent people will have less intelligent reactions.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

I saw the title, then saw that compfreak wrote it.... i was about to round up the un-effeciency millitia untill i read the post, lol :mrgreen:

In short, brain damaged idiots will allways haunt t3h int3rn3tz. Its best to ignore them, and realize that _______ (fill in the blank) will be fixed soon, and carry on our merry ways.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade? I can successfully argue every single update with the possible exception of the recent price adjustments (which has moved those items into the spotlight, and has proven highly beneficial to the economy - regardless of how they are viewed). Jagex is a business, with the sole goal of making money. When you look at almost any update from that standpoint, it immediately becomes obvious.

I'm willing to bet that almost any person here on Tip.It, or many of those people on RSOF, could find one thing truly wrong with Runescape, and fix it for the better. Jagex is a decent company, don't get me wrong, but people make mistakes. Smarter people make, correspondingly, bigger mistakes.

I don't think anyone thinks they can run this game better than Jagex. Else they would simply start their own MMO, and if they were right, kick Runescape straight out of the market.

But that doesn't mean everything Jagex does is right. They've made some pretty big blunders as well, that most of us would've certainly handled better:

- How about their public statement, clear on the front page, that telling someone you want to trade when you have no intention of doing so, only to lure them to the wilderness, does not qualify as a deception?

- Andrew himself saying, on the front page, that "junk trading" isn't a problem... because it gets around the wrong prices? That raises a big question... why are the prices wrong? Why aren't we fixing *them* rather than allowing people to get around the limit?

- Creation of a God Wars boss... except they don't implement the anti-blocking feature they've already implemented with Dagannoth Kings and other monsters that can be blocked for easy kills, and they put slanted corners in Commander Zilyana's room, which have been previously used as safespots at other bosses.

- The entire Stealing Creation fiasco, from start to finish.

- The GOP bugs that persist until today, that have been reported numerous times and ignored.

Jagex makes some pretty silly mistakes too. Now, the majority of the rants you'd see are caused because updates generally help one group at the cost of another. For any decision, there will usually be dissent. But a lot of times, you have to consider that no one is perfect. Jagex is definitely superior in game design, but they do make their fair share of mistakes too, and handle situations poorly that many other people could handle better.

- How about their public statement, clear on the front page, that telling someone you want to trade when you have no intention of doing so, only to lure them to the wilderness, does not qualify as a deception?

That was fixed shortly after it was posted. When it was, however, it was correct - as long as your not lying, they (and I) don't have a problem with it.

- Andrew himself saying, on the front page, that "junk trading" isn't a problem... because it gets around the wrong prices? That raises a big question... why are the prices wrong? Why aren't we fixing *them* rather than allowing people to get around the limit?

They tend not to interfere with prices in the GE. Junk trading, while probably not preferable, prevents RWT while the prices adjust themselves.

- Creation of a God Wars boss... except they don't implement the anti-blocking feature they've already implemented with Dagannoth Kings and other monsters that can be blocked for easy kills, and they put slanted corners in Commander Zilyana's room, which have been previously used as safespots at other bosses.

True, they do overlook things from time to time. Both of these have been fixed long ago, however.

- The entire Stealing Creation fiasco, from start to finish.

There never was a "stealing creation fiasco". There were a few issues that were quickly resolved.

- The GOP bugs that persist until today, that have been reported numerous times and ignored.

They have stated that they are working on them; technical difficulties may be delaying the updates.

DeviledEgg24.png

If someone is mad about something they are going to most likely say that they are. But if you enjoy the new update your most likely not going to say "omg thanks Jagex for the win update teeee why!!".

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

why do people have problems with the stupid rsofers

i admit alot are idiots and i personally make topics to confuse and annoy them.

But even if they are 12 years old anyone can put together a good argument with proper grammar if they put the time into it. And YES a 12 year old can be smarter than a multi-million pound company it just take some brains, personal in game experience and a drive to improve the game. (do you think any workers at jagex have high level accounts with forum experience and many years of playing?)

There are some very mature and intelligent on the rsof you just have to find them ;).

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade?

Because many of those "teenagers" have played RS significantly longer than most, if not all, of the developers. It's fairly well-known that most of the development team has lower-leveled accounts. Therefore, they are less experienced with the game, ergo they do not fully understand what's wrong with the game, etc.

td2sig.jpg

But even if they are 12 years old anyone can put together a good argument with proper grammar if they put the time into it. And YES a 12 year old can be smarter than a multi-million pound company it just take some brains, personal in game experience and a drive to improve the game. (do you think any workers at jagex have high level accounts with forum experience and many years of playing?)

There are some very mature and intelligent on the rsof you just have to find them ;).

No, a 12 year old isn't smarter then Jagex. Most of them obviously have sub-average intelligence and cannot even string full sentences together. Obviously many mods have high level accounts, and post on the forums frequently.

Because many of those "teenagers" have played RS significantly longer than most, if not all, of the developers. It's fairly well-known that most of the development team has lower-leveled accounts. Therefore, they are less experienced with the game, ergo they do not fully understand what's wrong with the game, etc.

Jagex has a very low turnover rate; there are literally dozens of staff that still work from the original corporation, and people like Mod Paul and Mod Andrew have been there since DeviousMUD was programed. Virtually all of the 'stupid' ranters I've seen are under level 110, generally with low skills; the experience of hundreds of programmers is far greater then theirs.

DeviledEgg24.png

No, a 12 year old isn't smarter then Jagex. Most of them obviously have sub-average intelligence and cannot even string full sentences together. Obviously many mods have high level accounts, and post on the forums frequently.

Jagex has a very low turnover rate; there are literally dozens of staff that still work from the original corporation, and people like Mod Paul and Mod Andrew have been there since DeviousMUD was programed. Virtually all of the 'stupid' ranters I've seen are under level 110, generally with low skills; the experience of hundreds of programmers is far greater then theirs.

what maybe 40 (being generous) have 110+ accounts.

now maybe 100000 other players are 110+ combat (f2p combat and proberly still more than that)

who do you think has more experience in the game. Jagex would be stupid to ignore their player base.

you have no experience of the rsof obviously as you think every single person there is stupid

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Behold, the universal fail equation:

Ego+Ignorance+Stupidity=Fail

This applies in most of the cases you refer to.

Pwnage. That's about the same class as E=mc²! And so true, I agree fully with you. Probably it's the ignorance and ego parts the most.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

what maybe 40 (being generous) have 110+ accounts.

now maybe 100000 other players are 110+ combat (f2p combat and proberly still more than that)

who do you think has more experience in the game. Jagex would be stupid to ignore their player base.

you have no experience of the rsof obviously as you think every single person there is stupid

Read my post again, carefully. Reeeeeel carefully. I'm not talking about the RSOF. I'm not talking about tip.it. I'm talking about stupid people who make a post complaining about an update without reading, understanding or comprehending the update itself. People who are easily proven wrong by me, people who leave their threads never to return after being made to look like an idiot.

You are reminding me more and more of those people with every post.

DeviledEgg24.png