Jagex, the Antichrist

compfreak847

now maybe 100000 other players are 110+ combat (f2p combat and proberly still more than that)

who do you think has more experience in the game.

Good question. Who does have more experience, the players of the game, or the makers?

I've noticed this anti-Jagex attitude a lot, but it can be broken down in a few simple steps:

What is new is unknown.

What is unknown is feared.

What is feared is hated.

It's not just children, either - I've noticed people (who claim to be full grown) who act like they're the bee's knees, just because they plop down cash; they act like because they're paying members, Jagex is their obedient lap-dog, and if they so much as grow a personality of their own, they're slapped with the newspaper.

I dislike the attitude, but I'll admit that not all of the RSoF is like that. Only on update days. :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens with EVERY update. The RSOF (and usually our rants forum) is flooded with rants spewing hate filled semi literate text towards teh stuipd jagex. A very few rants have a point - they may discuss glitches or bugs that are later fixed. But almost every one of them is condemning a point that, if looked into deeply, makes sense. And why wouldn't it?

Perhaps someone can clear it up for me. What on earth possess some teenager to think he knows better then a multimillion dollar corporation with 100s of the brightest people in the country who have been working on it for almost a decade? I can successfully argue every single update with the possible exception of the recent price adjustments (which has moved those items into the spotlight, and has proven highly beneficial to the economy - regardless of how they are viewed). Jagex is a business, with the sole goal of making money. When you look at almost any update from that standpoint, it immediately becomes obvious.

And apparently, anyone who thinks a huge corporation could possibly be smarter then a 12 year old with a keyboard is a jagex fanboy\lover\puppet\parrot\commie. What's up with that? It didn't use to be an issue on TIF, but lately it seems to be a few of the regulars (me, bronzewarrior, zaaps, yanksrule, abc, with most of the rest like Inushakent, Salim, and Muggi gone) propping up a huge amount of spam from low post count\join date RSOFers.

Why, tip.it? Why?

(Side note: this isn't a rant, it's a curiosity\discussion thing)

What the hell is it with you people insulting Communism all the time?

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

He only said it once, but Westerners have the ideology that Communism is bad.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

RSOF is really no different from almost any other forum, it is simply bigger and less aesthetically pleasing. There are enough people that go there to ensure you will meet up with a good combination of thoughtful people, reasonable folk, and complete blithering idiots.

As a hard and fast rule, the only opinion that is valued by the public is their own. Disagree with them one way or the other, and you WILL be attacked. Therefore, any stance taken on either side of any issue will see fallout; flames come across the bow.

For anyone who praises Jagex, you are a sympathizer. If you are too harsh, you are overcritical or whiny. Extremism such as this has ruined the American political system; create a microcosm of this with a much younger demographic and your destined for trouble.

As a writer for TipIt, I am tasked with producing an editorial column at least once / month. Editorials, by nature, require an opinion or stance. EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE will be attacked, regardless of argument content or quality.

My advice when dealing with the masses like that? Listen to constructive criticism, but ignore those that are only trying to get under your skin. They typically don't bring anything to the table, and they dilute some more cogent points offered by people that take the time to consider alternative perspectives.

stormveritas.png

Any day you want I'm up for a debate about communism. It's good in theory, but it simply does not work in practice due to the corruptibility of leaders and unwillingness to work for no incentive.

That being said, it IS viewed as bad in western society, so it's a common insult that I'm posting.

RSOF is really no different from almost any other forum, it is simply bigger and less aesthetically pleasing. There are enough people that go there to ensure you will meet up with a good combination of thoughtful people, reasonable folk, and complete blithering idiots.

As a hard and fast rule, the only opinion that is valued by the public is their own. Disagree with them one way or the other, and you WILL be attacked. Therefore, any stance taken on either side of any issue will see fallout; flames come across the bow.

For anyone who praises Jagex, you are a sympathizer. If you are too harsh, you are overcritical or whiny. Extremism such as this has ruined the American political system; create a microcosm of this with a much younger demographic and your destined for trouble.

As a writer for TipIt, I am tasked with producing an editorial column at least once / month. Editorials, by nature, require an opinion or stance. EVERY SINGLE ARTICLE will be attacked, regardless of argument content or quality.

My advice when dealing with the masses like that? Listen to constructive criticism, but ignore those that are only trying to get under your skin. They typically don't bring anything to the table, and they dilute some more cogent points offered by people that take the time to consider alternative perspectives.

There seems to be a misconception. I'm not talking about the RSOF or Tip.it in general, I'm talking about the "stupid" posts that are just plain wrong and self centered. So you don't have to post telling me that "there's smart people on the RSOF too" :P

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I agree completely with the OP. I remember seeing a post awhile back saying that Jagex should lower the price of the AGS to 10k, and the requirement just 39 attack. His reasoning was "Because that's how I am right now and want to have an AGS." Needless to say, the way I posted it was free of the grammar and spelling mistakes he made. It actually wasn't fully understandable, and this is just the skeleton of what he was saying.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

People react to certain things instead of accepting them. If I am given a wad of cash I accept it even if it's got dirt on it. Some of our younger, and even older, peers don't react this way. All they see is the dirt. (metaphor for updates)

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I thought this was going to be another one of the threads that you talk about when i first read the title.

I've started just not bothering to post in any thread that rants at an update without any research into the topic, just in the hope it may die faster, you have a point that tipit has had ALOt more of these threads that damn the updates, but it may be because alot of recent updates have been a fair bit stranger than they used to be, and taking a bit more of a thorough look into them to see the real reasons they were done.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Because just because I'm 15 dosen't mean i don't get an opinion. People may think Its a stupid, irrelevant rant, but if people rant about it, there is obviously something jagex did wrong, and even if from a business standpoint, you realize its smart, dosen't stop you from feeling a bit pissed off.

Plus, i only joined this forum a half a year after you did =D, albeit, another account, 7 posts and not actually using this forum until i made a new account.

O.O

Because just because I'm 15 dosen't mean i don't get an opinion. People may think Its a stupid, irrelevant rant, but if people rant about it, there is obviously something jagex did wrong, and even if from a business standpoint, you realize its smart, dosen't stop you from feeling a bit pissed off.

But your failing to provide a meaningful discussion, clouding the view of real rants, obscuring helpful criticism aim at Jagex, triggering flaming and wasting many people's time, and giving every a bad impression runescape players.

That's another problem; at younger years, children with immature frontal lobes fail to realize the consequences of their actions. In 10 years they'll see how stupid they sound, and why they shouldn't be doing that, but until then they think it's hilarious and or productive.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

But your failing to provide a meaningful discussion, clouding the view of real rants, obscuring helpful criticism aim at Jagex, triggering flaming and wasting many people's time, and giving every a bad impression runescape players.

That's another problem; at younger years, children with immature frontal lobes fail to realize the consequences of their actions. In 10 years they'll see how stupid they sound, and why they shouldn't be doing that, but until then they think it's hilarious and or productive.

no one here knows me irl, so idc what people on here think of me... [hide=]I LIKE TO [bleep] DOGS[/hide]...

20 years from now i'll be like... o shoot that was bad, but know one i knew saw that.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

no one here knows me irl, so idc what people on here think of me...

I LIKE TO [bleep] DOGS

20 years from now i'll be like... o shoot that was bad, but know one i knew saw that.

Good, you get what I mean :P

DeviledEgg24.png

That depends really, whats a "real" rant in your opinion.

A rant that has a valid point. It's as simple as that. As long as what the author is saying is correct, it is a valid rant.

DeviledEgg24.png

Oh, i looked at the feedback forum in RSOF forum (rants and jagex love put together?) and a great deal of the topics there have valid points, theres only a few rants that consists of half censored grammatically incorrect rubbish and those threads die in about 2 seconds flat.

It's really not that bad.

O.O

I have only ever been (briefly) disappointed with Jagex when they've made an obvious mistake that would be fixed soon. Other than that, I don't mind when an update comes along that I know I wont use. I was never butthurt over the removal of the Old Wilderness and free trade. Maybe I'm just easy to satisfy, but I feel as though I have plenty to do in this game already. If they only released major updates once every six months, I'd still be happy playing.

Kids and teenagers generally need instant gratification, so they play the game from update to update, quit often, and get frustrated when they log in and see a low combat level on their account.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Oh, i looked at the feedback forum in RSOF forum (rants and jagex love put together?) and a great deal of the topics there have valid points, theres only a few rants that consists of half censored grammatically incorrect rubbish and those threads die in about 2 seconds flat.

It's really not that bad.

Essentially every rant about recent updates is dead wrong. Remember the wilderness update? We're STILL getting flack from that. What about the hundreds of d claw nerf rants alone? The VAST majority of rants in RSOF are dead wrong.

DeviledEgg24.png

no one here knows me irl, so idc what people on here think of me...

This is the single worst thing about the internet. The complete lack of personal accountability makes forums BRUTAL to visit; people troll and flame because of the afforded anonymity.

The result is an incredibly counterproductive environment. People are much more caustic, inconsiderate, and savagely hypercritical because they can never be called out.

This is why people are super quick to judge and attack, even though they aren't putting themselves out there. It's an incredibly cowardly practice, but it's so commonplace that it is considered status quo on the internet.

And that really makes every forum suck more than it should.

stormveritas.png

Criticism, without our criticism, those geniuses with their million dollar company would be at a dead end. Jagex isn't very original, we all know this, they live off many of our ideas.

If everyone was a kiss [wagon] like you, we wouldn't have the game we have today ::'

sotw7bar.png

Criticism, without our criticism, those geniuses with their million dollar company would be at a dead end. Jagex isn't very original, we all know this, they live off many of our ideas.

If everyone was a kiss [wagon] like you, we wouldn't have the game we have today ::'

That's not what he's saying at all. While you're correct, rants do more for a company than compliments, there was no reason to call him a kiss [wagon]; that wasn't what his post was about. I don't really visit these boards anymore, but you're certainly correct, compfreak. Every rant I usually see takes one user's opinion and perspective and stretches it so to make it appear as a bad update. That's seemingly the problem I see, that others take their own opinion as law, while that update in question wasn't meant for their status or affected them in any severe negative way. Such as when fletch-X came about shortly after a young man appeared on the news complaining that he had carpal tunnel. I'm assuming we all know how the media works and know it wasn't the boy who took the blame. This negative publicity hurts the company far more than a few people troubled over losing 20k/hour. But I assure you, most updates have a reason; Jagex isn't implementing things we don't want on purpose. While we can debate over the fletch-X, it certainly had good intentions and Jagex isn't purposely trying to cut your exp rates.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

It's not all little kids that think they're smarter than Jagex. I'm 23 and I don't think I'm smarter, but I do think I'm clever enough to see through some of their rhetoric and line of crap they sometimes spew. Basically, I don't buy this bilge they're trying to feed us. I don't think they're honest people. Like for instance, I don't think the BTS was removed due to content restraints. They could easily make it company policy that everything is ready to roll before they even hint as to it's existence.

I also think they removed it because they think we have short memories. If we can't go on a month by month basis, we're less likely to notice that they have significantly less update coming out.

I mean, if they're doing all these improvements, there is no way they take more time to do than whole new content. So why are there fewer updates? If you got big chunks of content you're working on taking up your time, cool, say so. Don't need to tell us what, just say, "Hey we got some big things we're working on. Sorry for the slow update schedule right now." :wall:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

It's not all little kids that think they're smarter than Jagex. I'm 23 and I don't think I'm smarter, but I do think I'm clever enough to see through some of their rhetoric and line of crap they sometimes spew. Basically, I don't buy this bilge they're trying to feed us. I don't think they're honest people. Like for instance, I don't think the BTS was removed due to content restraints. They could easily make it company policy that everything is ready to roll before they even hint as to it's existence.

I also think they removed it because they think we have short memories. If we can't go on a month by month basis, we're less likely to notice that they have significantly less update coming out.

I mean, if they're doing all these improvements, there is no way they take more time to do than whole new content. So why are there fewer updates? If you got big chunks of content you're working on taking up your time, cool, say so. Don't need to tell us what, just say, "Hey we got some big things we're working on. Sorry for the slow update schedule right now." :wall:

I agree. In fact, my "Times" article centers around skepticism regarding the update rollout system.

Predictably, I was met with an unprecedented wall of flame (how dare I question the new CEO that has yet to introduce any new content!). Hell of a thoughtful community we have here, isn't it?

:roll:

stormveritas.png

I agree. In fact, my "Times" article centers around skepticism regarding the update rollout system.

Predictably, I was met with an unprecedented wall of flame (how dare I question the new CEO that has yet to introduce any new content!). Hell of a thoughtful community we have here, isn't it?

:roll:

Look, I'm giving the guy the Obama treatment. I know he'll be crappy, but I gotta wait 6 months until I can really criticize him. You know, they both took over around the same time...

OMG, the new head of Jagex is Obama! And he knows that Sailing is only for rich people and he hates rich people so he told everyone no Sailing in Runescape!

That kinda sucks for all the people who wanted to sail... But anyway.

Soul Wars: Same old stuff -.-

Phoenix Cave: crap quest, decent daily activity :)

Seer's Diary: Good stuff, no complaints \'

Evil Tree: Pretty neutral to it :|

And the rest of those glorified patch notes they're calling updates. :shame:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.