An Idea- (Hopefully) Not another f2p whiner post....

Xantos000

Hey all,

I've recently seen quite a few people complaining about that status of certain parts of f2p and the solution that people say is (almost) always the same: give f2p old members items.

Now some mems don't like that idea much, but here are a few suggestions for f2p.

1) We need something to k0 with for the level 70-100 range. Sure, those few times when you manage to land a 25-26 k0 with a r2h are great, but as of now, pking is a waste of food and pots because as soon as the fight turns bad, run or telly.

2) Mage needs a SERIOUS boost. As someone's sig said, f2p needs a triangle, not a line.

3) I personally would like useful items to spend my cash on. Currently, the most expensive useful item in f2p is...... the rune platebod or 2h at about 60k each.

So what would you think about implementing a new quest, based along the zaros line, for f2p, aimed at f2pers 70+.

I actually have a lot of ideas for such a quest, with 1 new attack option for each part of the triangle. Each would have a spec, but you have to finish the quest to use the weapon/spec off the island.

The weapons would be:

Dread Whip: Basically, the abysal whip for f2p. Maybe like a battleaxe stats at the speed of a whip. The spec would be a 7-10 second bind and teleblock.

Throwing something.... I'm thinking 3 bladed knife. Hits about 20,21 at 99 range and the spec would reduce the opponents armor significantly.

Staff of Sara: Able to cast a new spell (lightning probable)... hits up to 22.

Discuss?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, I believe you've posted in the wrong forum, next time try the "Runescape Bugs and Suggestions".

As for your suggestions,

1) I don't pk much, so I'm going to leave that one alone(Though the max hit in F2P with a 2h is 31).

2) Again, I don't pk much, so I'm going to leave it alone.

3) You are incorrect. The most expensive F2P item is the Party Cracker, at a whopping 681.9 million middle G.E. value. You seem to have forgotten about all the rares.

Personally, I don't think that F2P needs a new quest. I'm a level 113 F2P'er and I really don't think that we need a new quest or new items. I'm perfectly fine with rune and green d'hide.

For the most part I feel F2P is fine, and doesn't need updates.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Or even all the trimmed armours...

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Lol, that was my siggy.

As far as KO ability with range, 99 range with addy arrows does wonders - its why I don't BH as much as I should (Grrr tanks).

KO ability is generally lacking in F2P, the chance of hitting above a 28 is 13% with 99 str (4/31), and even then you'd have hit through their defense (around a 1 in 3 chance) giving you about a 4% chance.

Hitting 2 14 or above in succession with range with 99 probably is higher, say 5/18 for hitting one 15 or above, and generally when a ranger will hit high they don't splash (I think range only generates 1 random number, where melee generates 2). So that's about a 8% chance to hit a combined higher than a r2h.

I agree wholeheartedly that F2P Mage, from combat level 50 to 100 severely stinks (100 being a tank), which is why I have my suggestion.

There are other parts of F2P that lack, but the one most notably is the combat triangle.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I'd like new stuff to(probobly won't happen)

Not goting to get a new quest I think, dragon slayer seemed to end the f2p storline.

Specials should stay a members thing

But a double hit or quick 2 hit would fix almost all 3 parts that lack ko ability.

voidpic.png

[hide=stats]jakerules209.png[/hide]

I think I said useful in my original post.... I'm not saying that f2p doesn't have ways to dump their money, but just no useful items.

I myself have the full god armor set (full guth sara and zam) and around 5 mil in coins, but I refuse to buy holiday rares..... even when they were cheaper (I started in 03), I found them useless. The only rare I ever bought was a red mask a long time ago, but eventually I traded it for my full zam.

I mean, the best outfit in f2p (combat wise) costs a whopping 250k.... I guess I'm just a little sick of the stagnation that I see in f2p. I love the f2p game; knowing and having learned java game programming from the guy who invented the RScape engine, I see that it is an amazing game for f2p. I just wish we had something to look forward to after a 40 in a stat (possible to achieve in 1 day) and a way to balance out the melee portion of the triangle. We can all agree mage is most useful for its tellys, because its blasts suck, and while range is decent at the lower levels, melee still shreds them at higher.

Lol, that was my siggy.

As far as KO ability with range, 99 range with addy arrows does wonders - its why I don't BH as much as I should (Grrr tanks).

KO ability is generally lacking in F2P, the chance of hitting above a 28 is 13% with 99 str (4/31), and even then you'd have hit through their defense (around a 1 in 3 chance) giving you about a 4% chance.

Hitting 2 14 or above in succession with range with 99 probably is higher, say 5/18 for hitting one 15 or above, and generally when a ranger will hit high they don't splash (I think range only generates 1 random number, where melee generates 2). So that's about a 8% chance to hit a combined higher than a r2h.

I agree wholeheartedly that F2P Mage, from combat level 50 to 100 severely stinks (100 being a tank), which is why I have my suggestion.

There are other parts of F2P that lack, but the one most notably is the combat triangle.

Range is great for regular damage dealing -- throw in a 2H and you now have the best KO in the game. You can range/2h with a mediocre level in range or strength as long as you are high in the other. For example, I range/2h with my rubbish ranged lv and I get kills despite my max with addies is 13-14.

KO ability rockets as soon as you fighting no armour. Fighting with full armour is a waste of resrouces.

F2P mage needs an update for solo PKing :x (for clan PKing it's great :D )

The_Maddest.png

1) We need something to k0 with for the level 70-100 range. Sure, those few times when you manage to land a 25-26 k0 with a r2h are great, but as of now, pking is a waste of food and pots because as soon as the fight turns bad, run or telly.

2) Mage needs a SERIOUS boost. As someone's sig said, f2p needs a triangle, not a line.

3) I personally would like useful items to spend my cash on. Currently, the most expensive useful item in f2p is...... the rune platebod or 2h at about 60k each.

I actually have a lot of ideas for such a quest, with 1 new attack option for each part of the triangle. Each would have a spec, but you have to finish the quest to use the weapon/spec off the island.

1. don't pk then.

2. Mage is one of those things where you either have little or all, you have to go the whole hog or just stay where you are.

3. Christmas cracker: 690m, Blue partyhat: 400m, 4 steel 2hs: priceless.

Specs are a large reason that people get a paying subscription.

99-7.gif

Most Difficult Quiz

Rare drops; tzhaar-ket-om: 6 tzhaar-xil-ak: 4 tzhaar-xil-ek: 4 tzhaar-mej-tal: 1 Obsidian cape: 18 Dragon Plateskirt: 4 Dragon Platelegs: 7 Sq Shield left half: 1 Dragon Boots: 1 Dragon Medium Helmet: 11 Draconic Visage: 1 Zamorak Spear: 3 Steam Battlestaff: 1 Godsword Shards: 3 Bandos Chestplate: 1 Bandos Tassets: 1 Abyssal Whip: 1

@ everyone who talked about holiday rares: I said useful. Any object in the game over 100k for f2p is the exact same or worse than a rune item in that spot.

I want the whip to be a step up from the scim, but also have instances where it is not better.

The stats would be somehting along the lines of

+66-72 slash

+62-64 Str

-10-30 def

+6 str if no offhand

Between the def penalty and the incentive to not wear a shield, the whip bearer would be much more lightly armored than the scim bearer. While stronger offensivly, defenesively he would be weaker (making for more exciting fights- its not fun seeing the 0 after 0 pop up on rune).

I'm thinking it should come from either a quest (kind of out), a new, dangerous minigame that deals with Zaros, or demons give you x points, and once you reach a certain number, you can spend those points and 1 mil or so and get a whip.

I completely disagree with f2p needing a new melee weapon. Melee is already the strongest nonmember combat style, so a new weapon would only exacerbate the lopsided combat triangle.

There are a couple of problems. First off, there isn't any real threat posed by a mage, to higher lvl warriors. A lvl 120 something with a scimitar has nothing to fear from a mage with 99 magic. As a result, warriors pretty much reign supreme in nonmember worlds, and can barely damage one another.

That's the second problem. F2p armor is too good for F2p weapons.

Here's an idea that I think could improve the situation. The crushing melee weapons in F2p have never really had any purpose. They aren't even close to a scimitar in effectiveness, even against plate armor (which is where they should shine). If the crush accuracy of weapons like the warhammer, baxe, and 2h were greatly improved, they could become viable pvp weapons. Combine this with a reduction in F2p armor crush defense, and I think you would see much more exciting battles between warriors in full rune.

My favorite part of this idea is that it wouldn't make f2p warriors any more dangerous to rangers or mages than they already are. What it would do, is bring a bit more diversity to melee weapons that are used

31509signature.gif

• 2 weeks later...

The dread whip idea is stupid. It would be just introducing another overpowered weapon for melee that would replace the rune scimmy and make melee even more overpowered(as if it wasn't overpowered already).

Seriously, why do so many noobs love, adore, idolize, revere melee to the point that they can't see that the combat triangle is a line with melee at the leading end????

The dread whip idea is stupid. It would be just introducing another overpowered weapon for melee that would replace the rune scimmy and make melee even more overpowered(as if it wasn't overpowered already).

Seriously, why do so many noobs love, adore, idolize, revere melee to the point that they can't see that the combat triangle is a line with melee at the leading end????

Can you seriously stop posting? You have no idea what you are talking about.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Like I don't see this as a whiner post, but I really don't think F2p "deserves" another new weapon or armour or anything. They are playing the trial version of a game which is extremely affordable at only $5 a month, and the money made from this should be going into content for the people who are paying. I know people will use the arguement that p2p people will get the items aswell, but they will be useless to us, just look at FoG rewards, which for the most part do nothing for us. F2p has it pretty good, they have just as many servers as p2p, they have access to the p2p market which makes buying items much more easy, and they don't pay a dime. Advertisements allow f2p to play a version of a game that is much better than most games trial versions.

Why should I? You have no proof I don't know what I'm talking about and it seems more like you don't know what you're talking about. noob.

P.S. Will you shut up?

Why should I? You have no proof I don't know what I'm talking about and it seems more like you don't know what you're talking about. noob.

P.S. Will you shut up?

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=784670

:roll:

Mage is underpowered when you are level 50 Mage F2P.

Whip is overpowered when you have level 63 Attack F2P.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Like your ideas on "balancing out" the abbysmal whip are any better.

Please note the number 2 Suggestion on the first post.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Quelmatz, if you don't have something nice (or constructive) to say, please keep your mouth shut. Calling my idea "stupid" becuase it makes melee "OP" just shows that you didn't read my post.

The whip, while looking like a buff on the outside, would make pvp fights much more exciting. The real problem I am trying to adress is rune armor, as someone has already said. It's just too good with the current weapons; but instead of nerfing it (I mean, who likes nerfs), lets put out a cool weapon that will help balance rune armor. Range is getting a boost by this; the decreased armor just makes range hit that much more vs. melee and makes them more powerful overall.

Not going to skip around it; mage is useless in f2p atm. Adding a weapon like this won't change that.

As jagex has said that F2p isn't a trial version, I do think that f2p deserves 1 thing; balance. The pvp system right now is boring and broken. What's wrong with fixing it?

Maybe my ideas aren't great, but what are your suggestions?

Simple: Don't boost melee and boost mage and/or ranged.

Who cares if the whip makes fight more exciting? So what? Melee is already powerful enough to be "exciting". And something being exciting is just your opinion. You might find "A" interesting and exciting and I might find it not so.

And btw, you saying "mage needs a serious boost" doesn't reflect in the weapons.