I need serious help here (bad breath)

anonymous1234

Alright, the title sounds dramatic and vain, but this is getting serious. Last Friday I had a piece of store-bought apple pie. I was hesitant to start with, because it looked gross, and when I tasted it I knew it was bad. It was a kind of ultra-sugary rotten taste, and while everybody loved it, (this was in school) I found it nauseating. To not look like a "weirdo," I ate my piece, and immediately had a nasty taste in my mouth, as if I hadn't brushed my teeth in days (it was an overall rotten taste.) When I got home on Friday I immediately brushed my teeth, and used my mouthwash, but it didn't do anything except give me a mix of minty/rotten breath. I shrugged it off and drank some water to try and rinse it out. Before I went to bed I brushed one more time and hoped the taste would go away when I woke up the next day.

It didn't. The taste was worse now, and was more noticeable. I brushed immediately after I woke up, ate breakfast to try and wash the taste out, then brushed again. I had lunch, brushed and mouth washed, then the thought occurred to me I probably have rotten food caught in my teeth. I tried flossing, but I caught nothing. I tried thinking of other solutions, so I rinsed my mouth with salt water and gargled with it. Still nothing. Then my sister was near me and smelled my breath, and said that I seriously need to brush my teeth sometime :wall: I brushed, and went to bed.

Sunday! I wake up, surprise surprise, the taste is worse now. I do my new routine of trying to clean my mouth, to no avail. I feel like I haven't even smelled anything orally hygienic in a week. I tell my parents about this, cause it's getting serious. They say I should floss/brush/mouthwash :wall: Big help. Not much new happens, so the day progresses like Saturday and I go to sleep (with some difficulty from the strong taste)

That brings us to...today! The taste has lasted all the way until now, and is getting more rotten-like and less pie-like all the time. I checked Web MD and it says I can be constipated, which is a no-no because I just had a bowel movement, a reaction to a new medication, which is impossible because I don't take ANY meds, or because of dry mouth, a condition caused by a plethora of illnesses like diabetes and AIDS.

I know this is typical of a tifer to consult the forum for medical advice, but I need your help. (every bit counts) I'm gonna ask my parents again if they have any ideas, and if the taste doesn't go away tomorrow if I can schedule a dentist appointment. It feels kind of awkward making a thread about my bad breath, but 4 days of it is long enough.

Edit: Yes, I know it is ridiculous, but I am serious. I have a feeling this thread is gonna get locked now :|

Try chewing mint leaves.

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

You could try going out and buying a toothbrush with a designated tongue brush. I've heard that the germs or whatever that cause bad breath are mostly on your tongue. So you might want to try putting alot of toothpaste on your tooth brush and brush your tongue. Hope I helped.

Best idea. Just brush your tongue with a bunch of tooth paste.

If that does not work, I also suggest eating something like an apple or carrot. Something crunchy and crisp helps (Somehow, i don't know how) to take away bad breath.

All of you trolling/spamming above, I have my eyes on you.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Try chewing mint leaves.

I'll try that, if I can get my hands on some. I always brush my tongue, and while it is a great suggestion, it hasn't worked for me. I ate an apple an hour after I ate the nasty pie, and I also had one today, which I thought would work tbh, but it didn't. Now that I think about it, it's kind of like like the nasty is in my salivary glands, (on the back of my jaw) not the mouth so much, which would explain why my whole mouth tastes bad if its the saliva, although that probably means infection. I don't feel pain or inflammation, just feels like when I breathe in through my mouth my glands are active, as if my mouth was watering over delicious food. Also, I am not Paperclips

Heh.

This reminds me to get some teeth whitener. Warning to you all: DO NOT use a toothpaste called "Gleem". It yellows and rots your teeth after two uses.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Do you have tonsils?

If so, grab a flashlight and something long and kind of sharp (bamboo skewer is good, toothpick is ok but kind of short) shine in the back of your mouth and gently examine around your tonsils and check for any white lumps and remove them.

Sometimes I get them, and it will make my breath smell like the nasty brown stuff you can scrape from under your toenails. I have a flap of skin that covers half my tonsil so it kind of sucks to get behind it and when I do it is like hitting the motherlode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

Do you have tonsils?

If so, grab a flashlight and something long and kind of sharp (bamboo skewer is good, toothpick is ok but kind of short) shine in the back of your mouth and gently examine around your tonsils and check for any white lumps and remove them.

Sometimes I get them, and it will make my breath smell like the nasty brown stuff you can scrape from under your toenails. I have a flap of skin that covers half my tonsil so it kind of sucks to get behind it and when I do it is like hitting the motherlode.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith

I wouldn't suggest doing that by yourself, especially not with a toothpick, as it eventually could lead to excessive scar tissue.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Try chewing mint leaves.

I'll try that, if I can get my hands on some. I always brush my tongue, and while it is a great suggestion, it hasn't worked for me. I ate an apple an hour after I ate the nasty pie, and I also had one today, which I thought would work tbh, but it didn't. Now that I think about it, it's kind of like like the nasty is in my salivary glands, (on the back of my jaw) not the mouth so much, which would explain why my whole mouth tastes bad if its the saliva, although that probably means infection. I don't feel pain or inflammation, just feels like when I breathe in through my mouth my glands are active, as if my mouth was watering over delicious food. Also, I am not Paperclips

Do you brush your tongue with a tongue brush, though? Because the tongue's really different from teeth so bristles don't really clean it. Also, if you have that thirsty feeling a lot, try drinking more water because a dry mouth doesn't help your breath.

laura's right. i hate it when a friend of a friend who scarred the back of his throat doing that talks. it's not even that he talks, i mean i can't see [cabbage] when he talks normally. he just makes this obnoxious sound by opening his mouth really wide.
From what I think I understood of that, it's not so much the sight of the scar, as that would be illogical and seemingly impossible to notice in the first place, it's rather the form of the scar. Often, scars do not match up with existing tissue in relation to color or size which can lead to impressions or buildups. I got my nail removed at one point with fragments pulled out of my skin, some of which began rooting under the skin, and once pulled out they left a scar. Now, every time the slightest pressure is put on my nail, I can feel where the scar is located. I'm not sure if you're like me when it comes to noticing small things such as that, but it certainly doesn't feel correct.
hopesolopatriot.jpg

i had to get a crown on my back wisdom teeth because the hole was generating more bad breath each year. worked wonders for me fortunately.

anyways. i wouldn't take bad breath as a significant excuse to inform online. chewing gum is only temporarily, try to make an acquired habit of brushing your teeth and practice EVERY (yes i mean every) dental hygiene until your bad breath eventually reduces.

The thing isn't chronic bad breath that may be a little gross that I need to tell the world about, it is a sudden change in my breath, directly after eating a nauseating piece of pie that had the same taste. I was concerned with my health if I may have had some sort of infection. Before I ate the pie, my cleaning habits were brushing 2x a day, mouthwash once a week or so, and that's it. All of a sudden nothing short of rinsing with hydrochloric acid helped. I use the past tense because today it is significantly less noticeable, but it is still kind of there. I repeat: this is NOT ordinary chronic bad breath. This is bad breath possibly caused by rotten food or some other outside factor. I suppose when I use the term "bad breath," I really mean decaying odor.

Oh and I don't use a specific brush for my tongue, just the bristles, so that may partially explain it. And I didn't say i was thirsty, just that the bad breath caused my mouth to water more when I breathed in.