101 Suggestions, #19 (again), #20, and #21.

I will try to give a new suggesting every week. They may be large ideas, or small bug fixes, but they will be of quality and contain images where applicable.

If you support my ideas please put a link to this thread in your signature:

[url=http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=787311]101 runescape suggestions that don't suck.[/url]

#21: More lootshare worlds.

The hardest part of going to a GWD boss is finding 2+ hours of uninterrupted playing time. The 2nd hardest thing is finding an open or crashable LS world. More worlds need to be converted to looshare, it shouldn't take 20 minutes for an armadyl trio to find a world.

#20: Jewlery rack in your POH.

It's a rack. For your jewlery. The jewlery rack would hold rings, amulets, necklaces, and pendants, with different levels holding different ammounts. The number of jewlery held in the increasing levels of rack could be devided into different catagories, like "quest/untradable, unenchanted, enchanted" much like the cape rack holds various numbers of achievement and other capes. It could start off with a poorly-hued plank with bent nails as hooks to finely routered mahogany with guilded edges and hooks. I'm torn between this being in the quest hall or the costume room, but I think it's better suited for the latter. And to anyone who thinks Jewelry isn't a problem for full banks:

amulets.png

And I've only got 249 quest points.

Other posiblities include a helm rack and a weapons rack, but those idea may have been touched on already by other threads.

#19: Summoning familiar timer display in right-click menu.

It's akward to have to check your familar details when you want to see it's timer. Really, it's the only reason to even bother with the detail tab for familars (not pets). The timer should should be displayed beside the "dismiss" option when you right-click the summoning icon:

summontimer.png

This would also let you keep on your inventory screen while checking your familiar's timer, which would be great for combat situations where you may need to eat quickly.

Also, stop making the fruit bat display the familiar detail tab after using a scroll.

#18: Multiple unit selection in Mobilising Armies.

Shift+click to select multipile targets. And if it's possible, Shift+click->drag to select all of your units in the squares you selected. This is standard in RTS games, having to click a unit -> walk here 12 times just to move your troops is a pain and it makes seemingly small movements take a ridiculous ammount of time.

#17: Old icons and font.

I'm usually accepting of updates. But these new menu icons, and the new "block letter" font are aweful. I probably sound like some "BRING BACK ______ CONTENT!!!!!@!@!!@@!" ranter, but these are just terrible. I want icons not linoleum flooring.

lenolium.png

All of these things is just like the others...

#16: General bugfixes.

A collection of bugs (mostly graphical) I've been collecting. I'm not going into detail on how to fix them since it's pretty straight forward.

Changing opacity in animations = X-ray powers?

Your character and everything associated with it has display priority over objects in game (walls, trees, ect.). When your character does something that fades out (lowers opacity), instead of applying itself overtop of objects, the animations go straight through objects. It's hard to explain why it happens, but it works:

emotes.png

Various emotes.

hat.png

Elemental/Mind hat equipping animation

shield.png

Falador shield 3 emote (my personal favorite) and excalibur/enhanced excalibur animation.

lasers.png

It also works for NPCs, for example the spiritual mages in Armadyl's Eerie have translucent green wings which will sometimes act as windows letting you see through objects.

Evil justice?

Why does the Dark Warrior's fortess...

banner.png

...and the Black Knight's fortress...

saradominblack.png

...have Saradomin banners?

Improperly positioned item icons.

The fighter's hat is too high:

fighterhat.png

Correct image from here.

And the Saradomin icon has been mirrored:

saradominicon.png

Correct image from here.

Ninja graahks.

graahk.png

Familiars will sometimes walk on walls, like on that fence, and on the outer walls of Castlewar's castles.

Random square of stone upstairs in the blue moon pub.

squarestoneglitch.png

Back of wardrobes upstairs in the slayer tower sticking through walls:

wardobeglitch.png

#15: Liquid bank in fullscreen and largescreen.

When graphics automatically resize to fit a viewer's browser, they're called liquid. For example, if you open Runescape's world map, then shrink your internet browser's window, it'll resize for easier viewing. I suggest that a similar proccess be applied to Runescape's banks:

[hide=Example for my 17" screen (large image)]liquidbank.png

A normal bank has a shadow that extends 5 pixels to the right and 4 pixels down. So I gave it one extra pixel of room on all sides, 5 pixels from top of the chat and the top of the screen, and 6 pixels from the prayer point display. The left side extends the same ammount as the right.[/hide]

There are undoubtedly players who like the small bank better, so there should be an off/on "Liquid bank" option in the graphic options menu, or on the bank its self.

#14: Stop AFK combat training.

Jagex is certainly trying to crack down on bots. But what about AFK(away from keyboard)ers? A fix would be very easy and completely stop the problem. If someone goes 30 minutes without clicking OR entering text (not just leaving an object on a key to keep logged in, but actually entering text) then they should be logged out regardless if they are in combat. This would mean that you couldn't leave your player at bandits or orks with guthans and train over night, but would leave enough of a time margin not to make said training impractical for people actually playing Runescape. If you are in combat and are forced to get logged out, the combat would simply disengage. The current 5 minute timer (which won't log you out if you're in combat) would still apply as well.

#13: Merge Chompy hunting into the hunting skill.

Chompy hunting is in an odd situation; it's obviously hunting, but it was introduced years before the hunter skill. Modernizing old content is a very touchy process, since you have to allow the old skill/quest requirements to apply to any changes. But I think I have a solution that wont interfere with the old system.

- Catching both Chompies and Jubblies requires level 1 hunting.

- At 1 hunting you have a 50% reduced success rate then what is currently in place. Every level you gain increases your success rate, with level 50 a 'normal' rate (the rate currently used) and level 100 (for math purposes) 50% better.

- Catching a Chompy would give you 35 hunting experience, while Jubblies would give 45 (this would actually give Jubbly hunting a use, where as now outside of the RFD quest there is no point to hunt them). For reference, catching a crimson swift (also available at 1 hunting) gives 34 experience. Hunting Chompies however take actual playing, while low level bird hunting is more of some bonus hunter xp while alching :lol:.

- Player's who have killed 4k+ would get a bonus 30k hunter experience, along with the 30k range experience already offered.

- Perhaps the Chompy hats could act as hunting camouflage? There are a variety of colours and sizes, so they could correspond to different habitats.

- By asking Rantz, the main NPC in the Big Chompy Bird Hunting quest, player's would get reimbursed hunter experience for their old Chompy/Jubbly kill count, 35 xp per kill. While it would be fairer to give them 45xp for any old Jubbly kills, I'm presuming they are not stored in different variables, making this impossible. This would give players who didn't want the extra experience (say, they had a specific ammount of XP and didn't want to change it) the option of not getting it.

#12: Clan chat list.

Anyone with a regular clan chat knows how annoying typing your clan chat's owner's name is every time you log on. So I suggest that when you enter a clan chat, it automatically adds it to a list in the currently blank space seen when you click on the "Clan Chat" tab when not in a clan chat:

clan_list.png

The right-click menu would contain "Enter chat" "Delete chat" and "Cancel", enter of course being the left-click option. The names could be rearrangable by drag-and-drop. Also, a way to choose a default clan chat that you enter whenever you log on?

#11: Stop running arround farming patches when you click on the opposite side.

Yeah.

#10: Better organized spellbook.

The organized spellbooks (combat first and teleports first) are supposed to make finding the right spell easier. However, once devided into the 2 sections, they're not displayed very well, making it look messy. I prepose displaying the spells in logical sections, making finding the right spell as easy as possible:

spellreorg.png

The sections are:

Strikes, low level weakens

Bolts, high level weakens

Blasts, freezing spells

Waves, specialty combat spells

God spells, charge, combat related spells (teleblock, bones to fruit)

-non combat-

Orb charges, other nature spells (alchemies, superheat)

Enchantmets

Teleports

More teleports, teleothers, telegrab

The teleports-first is essentially just the 2 swapped. I also made some graphical touch ups:

- The enchant diamond and enchant sapphire spells left sides were 1 pixel too high

- Wind strike was 1 pixel higher then the other strikes

- Curse's bottom arrows was too low, and the left arrow was shorter then the rest (this was probably just the artist preference to get it to fit)

- Reduced saturation and lightess of the enchant bolt "spell"

- Some other spell's centering was off

For anyone curious, each spell has a 20x20 pixel 'box' that contains the icon, and each box is 4 pixels apart.

#9: Move the bank information button.

2 pixels is what seperates you from closing your bank and opening up the information window. 2 very, very annoying pixels. Simply moving the little questionmark to the top left corner will save everyone some grief.

bankquestion.png

220.5% better.

#8: Friend list organizer.

Do you add people and then forget who they are? Can't tell your castlewars mates from your godwars team? Getting your clan members mixed up with your drug potion dealers? Then this update is for you!

friendslist.png

The groups and friends could be rearranged by drag-and-drop. From left to right the icons mean:

1) Create new group below

2) Create new group above

3) Hide/Show group

4) Delete group and all of its friends. This would have a confirmation box similar to the one seen when you click log out.

Adding a group would have a prompt just like adding a new friend:

group.png

When a new friend is added it would appear in the bottom group.

#7: Summoning familiar right-click ordering change.

summon.png

Pretty self explanatory, there is nothing more annoying then shifting through a pile of familiar options. Also, give familiars that have teleport options a "Teleport [familiar]" option when right clicked, BoB's have store why not make teleporters as easy to use?

#6: Update NPC chat heads.

The male ogre update is nice but there are still lots of npcs not up to par with the HD graphics. This includes:

-Vyrewatch

-Dwarves

-Gnomes

-General Khazard (Fight arena, shadow sword miniquest)

-Skavids (The watchtower)

-Demon butler (Player owned houses)

-Fairies

-Monkeys

-Elves

-Trolls

-Clay golem (The Golem, Shadow of the storm)

-K'Klik (Recipe for disaster: Sir Amik Vase)

-Children

-Guardian Mummy (Pyramid plunder)

-Spirit trees, young and old.

-Juna (Tears of Guthix)

-Orks (Fairy tail part II)

If you have any more please post them!

#5: Banking directly from your equipment screen.

The 'bank all worn items' button is great, but what if you just want to bank 1 or 2 equipped items? Currently you would have to:

1) Close your bank

2) Open your equipment screen

3) Unequip the item(s)

4) Re-open your bank

5) Bank the items

That's quite a list for something so simple. So when banking I suggest being able to switch between your inventory and equipment screens like normal (just click on the icons) but be able to bank your equipment, including all of the bank-number options for stacked items such as arrows and bolts.

#4: Castlewars baricade improvement.

Even when maging, one well-placed baricade can leave you tangled while your opponent -and your flag- get away. Even if you explode the baricade, If he gets out of your clicking 'sight' then you don't have much chance in catching up. If you run into a baricade and you have an explosive potion in your inventory I suggest that there is a percent chance (50% of your agility level, or lower if that seems too high) that you automatically explode it with no delay, or possibly a small delay. For example, if someone has 50 agility, there would be a 25% chance that they succeed. If there is more then one person attacking the runner then the person 1) Who is the closest and 2) With the highest agility would get the attempt. If you are a ranger or mager, or a meleer chasing the runner but not in combat it would also work. This would also count for people trying to get into a base; if they run into a baricade blocking some stairs for example.

#3: Special attack bar beside the minimap.

Making the run energy, health, prayer, and summoning displays beside the minimap was an excellent idea. Especially with the latest "quick prayers" the game menu has become more and more user friendly. Why not continue this trend with the special attack bar?

It could go along the side of the minimap:

special2.png

special3.png

Or be vertical, on the left. Of course the special bar would also remain where it is.

The images are a bit sloppy because I only had the marged image to work with.

#2: Randomly generated tele-grab mazes in the Mage Training Arena.

I decided to get the bones to peaches spell (even though I don't forsee myself using it) because I'll be training to atleast 94 mage soon and It'd bug me not being able to cast it (getting the spell took less than a day). The MTA is really an interesting place, and a largely ignored source of profitable mage xp. The random nature of the enchanting and alching arenas made it entertaning, while the bones-to-fruit part was very fast. However, the tele-grab mazes seemed to streach on forever. Once you go through all the mazes it becomes monotonous. I suggest making the mazes randomy generated, requiring 7-13 moves to complete. I understand it would be difficult, but Jagex has been promising randomly-generated content for a long time, and I think the MTA would be a great place to start.

#1: Inventory space for summoning charms.

Farming and now Summoning have brought a lot of new monster drops into the game, squeezing our inventory space! I'm sure you've had to make the choice between a drop and a charm, and wish you could take both. Some of you may be thinking, sure charms lose us 4 inventory spaces, but summong also gave us the ability to summon beasts to give us far more inventory spaces. The problem is, they can not be taken to many places, and the pouches cost money which is wasted if you only want to use one for a short time. Also, players who have low summoning or who have not done Wolf Whistle can not use these extra spaces. So it'd make sense to give players extra room for charms only. This could be a reward (say, an npc gives you a "charm belt") from an existing minigame or a sequel to the Wolf Whistle quest.

Currently, an inventory without and with charms.

summoning.png

Possibility of how the extra charm spaces could look.

More to come...

quit

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about as the reward for a new, summoning-based grandmaster quest? The idea is awsome, but with a reward that good, it should be hard to get. Maybe not a grandmaster quest, but a quest with a summoning requirement of ~60-70 and an option at the end to buy the charm belt for, say, 250k.

I'd love this, personally. (And nice concept art, btw)

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I can't comment this, as I'm all f2p - but for this I think hide tabs will be your friend.

-sees.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

i like the idea, but also think that it should be a reward for doing a summoning based quest, but totally taking them out of the inventory is a bit too far imo, i had an idea a while ago of something similar to the bolt pouch, it can hold a maximum of 400 charms of any type, so a full pouch could hold something like 250 gold, 100 crim, 30 green and 10 blue, saves 3 spaces but only 1 can be held/owned at anyone time like ess pouches

Candymann16.png

I like it, there nothing worst then having to decide between a decent drop and some charms.

The only issue is its too good a reward for a simple quest.

Maybe have it as you get the gold slot by default after the quest, but you then have to pay x npc x amount of charms to unlock the other slots.

Say to unlock the green it costs 150 green charms, crimson 100 crimson charms and blue 50 blue charms.

This way it costs you to unlock each section and its up to you do you lose x amount of exp for the upgrade or not.

Maybe add a minigame into the unlocking part too, say the question unlocks the minigame and the first go is a tutorial which unlocks the gold charm section.

My 2 cents.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! SEXY!!!!!!!!!

100 million billion trillion gazillion support!

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

Epic. Support, but that would annoy you when you don't need it, so I think people would want a toggle on/off for it.

How could that possibly annoy you?

I could see something to toggle the view, but the not the actual feature. There's no point in having it turned off.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

Epic. Support, but that would annoy you when you don't need it, so I think people would want a toggle on/off for it.

How could that possibly annoy you?

I could see something to toggle the view, but the not the actual feature. There's no point in having it turned off.

Meant to word it saying it might. And the view, not the actual feature.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

#2 is a good one, can't wait for #101

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Wow, these are really good suggestions, I support all of them.

#3 should only appear if you have a weapon with a special attack in your inventory or equipped, because I can see the green bar being annoying when you don't need it/are f2p. Another good addition would be some kind of effect (I'm thinking an electric bolt animation) if the special attack becomes available on the weapon you're equipping. It would only be a brief animation, but it would let you know when it's just recharged enough to let another special loose.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

That special bar looks badass. I can't say I support the bit for charms, though, since that would basically be a bigger backpack (which Jagex said isn't going to happen) although I do like the idea of pouches.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

YES, Definatley support, especially to the charms. That would be so helpful, as I currently often have to decide between keeping a drop and getting rid of a charm. This would fix that problem entirely.

Quick Question: What would the special attack bar look like in stretchy-/full-screen? Should we rearrange the minimap to look similar to the small-screen version, or should we move it slightly to the left and squeeze in the bar to the right of the minimap?

As a reference, this is what it looks like currently, for those who don't have high-detail:

minimapd.png

~ W ~

sigzi.png

These ideas are ALL genius, I want to more *drools*

One question, Are you making this up as you go (as in finding something, brainstorming, fleshing out, designing as you go) or have you planned them all out thoroughly BEFORE you posted the first idea (same as the latter, but all before the initial posting of the topic)?

dilo_1_2.png

It's what I do

6968.png