Hopping Down Bunny Lane... Again

Ravenkana

Yes, it's almost that time of year again, when one of the world's largest religion celebrates the death of their Messiah and everyone else gets sick on chocolate rabbits.

And, almost certainly, Jagex will be wheeling out an Easter event next week. It'll almost certainly involve that accursed long ears, the Easter Bunny once again attempting to weasel out of working a single day of the year with a Rube Goldberg scheme that goes horribly awry. And I'm sick of it. Just once, just once I'd like for him to do his job. To deliver the chocolate to boys and girls across the land. I wouldn't mind helping him stave off a hunter who's after a "wascally wabbit" so long as he actually does his job.

In other words, I want something new for Easter. I want something fresh, exciting, and refreshingly rabbit free.

And so I ask: Do you wish to slog about fixing that lazy lagomorph's silly plans? Or would you rather have something completely new, free of buffoonish bunnies?

Edit: Forgot the holiday quest. What do you think Jagex is going to do to keep it different?

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that the concept this far has been very good. Some variation is always good though, but I want to keep the easter bunny. He pwn :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I want an umbrella and an emote where lightning shocks the player while he/she holds an umbrella. ::'

I couldn't care less what predicament the rabbit is in this year. I personally liked the chocolate kebbit bowling that one year.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I wan't a holiday item that looks decent, not some semi golden cape with a bad picture, some chicken suit, some overlarge rubber turkey, or some other random (insert bad looking holiday item here).

I wan't something like a scythe, or a santa suit, something that dosent look like someone died at the sewing machine.

Or an easter ring, probably the only holiday item i beat myself up about not getting.

O.O

I want that basket of eggs I hopped around with to earn my rubber chicken.

And that bunny, can't he just hop it :? Or at least do something *right* just for one time a year?

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Despite playing since 2004, I've never done an easter event. I'll just be happy to unlock my last emote.

I want an umbrella and an emote where lightning shocks the player while he/she holds an umbrella.

I would LOVE this.

[bleep] Easter, no need to celebrate it.

One word: chocolate. <3:

frigginacky.png

How else could you do it without focusing too much on religion?

I'd bet my savings that it's too late for Jagex to significantly change this year's event, but I will agree that some variety in basic plot structure for Easter (and pretty much every holiday event) would be nice for future events.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Truth be told, there isn't much they can do to celebrate Easter without possibly offending somebody. So unless you want to help revive religious zombies from the grave or some such thing, you'll have to help the Easter bunny with his silly plots.

Yes, it's almost that time of year again, when one of the world's largest religion celebrates the death of their Messiah and everyone else gets sick on chocolate rabbits.

And, almost certainly, Jagex will be wheeling out an Easter event next week. It'll almost certainly involve that accursed long ears, the Easter Bunny once again attempting to weasel out of working a single day of the year with a Rube Goldberg scheme that goes horribly awry. And I'm sick of it. Just once, just once I'd like for him to do his job. To deliver the chocolate to boys and girls across the land. I wouldn't mind helping him stave off a hunter who's after a "wascally wabbit" so long as he actually does his job.

In other words, I want something new for Easter. I want something fresh, exciting, and refreshingly rabbit free.

And so I ask: Do you wish to slog about fixing that lazy lagomorph's silly plans? Or would you rather have something completely new, free of buffoonish bunnies?

It's the ressurrection of Jesus, not the death. I've never really liked holiday events, their more of a thing you do with your friends than alone :P

Truth be told, there isn't much they can do to celebrate Easter without possibly offending somebody. So unless you want to help revive religious zombies from the grave or some such thing, you'll have to help the Easter bunny with his silly plots.

How is EASTER offensive? "Oh boy, look out jagex is bringing out teh bunnies!"

Sure, the actual meaning of Easter is something religious, but yet again I don't see how it is in any way offensive.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

I was away last Easter, was the reward the Chocatrice Cape, I've always wondered about that... :?:

Yup, the Chocatrice cape was the reward last year (along with the Bunny Hop, emote of course). Personally, I like it. I've been wearing it ever since. I think the picture on the back kind of looks like a dragon, and I'm not the only one either, I'm routinely asked where I got my "dragon cape". :lol:

Something like the Easter ring would be awesome, but I'm not too concerned about it. The holiday events are supposed to be a fun distraction, remember? If it gives us something cool as well, then all the better.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

The Easter rewards have been pretty pathetic. I remember one year, we got to use a basket of eggs, which was really cool, but no, we couldn't keep it, we had to get something else (don't remember what).

That was the rubber chicken year #-o

How could you forget that?

Really, I would rather have just the easter bunny than the skipping around that we've had for christmas. I don't have anything much to say, just wanted to respond to that guy lol.

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

I would like a ring that turned you into a bunny myself... And you could actually MOVE while being a bunny! wooo :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!