Guthix stole (or fury if you wish)

Dragon boots

Fire cape (or skills cape if you wish)

D hide top

D hide bottom

(Don't use karil it's not as good)

Barrow glove

Zammy spear

Karils has better range and magic defense, waterfiends attack with range and magic. So why would black d'hide be better?

Fury is far better then a stole, as you'll hit harder and get hit less with a fury then a stole.

Use SGS as your special weapon to allow you to camp there longer.

The rest is ok

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

The best gear for waterfiends are as below:

Slayer helmet

Guthix stole (or fury if you wish)

Dragon boots

Fire cape (or skills cape if you wish)

D hide top

D hide bottom

(Don't use karil it's not as good)

Barrow glove

Zammy spear

Karils has better range and magic defense, waterfiends attack with range and magic. So why would black d'hide be better?

Fury is far better then a stole, as you'll hit harder and get hit less with a fury then a stole.

Use SGS as your special weapon to allow you to camp there longer.

The rest is ok

Waterfiends use magic based range. Karil's is ALWAYS better than Black d'hide.

Try Ancient staff+Rune defender if you can't afford those, it's pretty good setup.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Waterfiends use magic based range. Karil's is ALWAYS better than Black d'hide.

Try Ancient staff+Rune defender if you can't afford those, it's pretty good setup.

They use to different attacks one range and one magic. They have different animations for both and is why you prayer range and wear magic defense. If it was one attack then you would never get hit if you were using the right protect prayer.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Magic based range means it's a RANGED ATTACK, but it uses your MAGIC defense instead of RANGED defense.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Magic based range means it's a RANGED ATTACK, but it uses your MAGIC defense instead of RANGED defense.

They have 2 different attack animations.

One hits with magic and one with range.

These creatures do not use melee, instead they use both magic and ranged attacks.
If your saying one of the attacks is range based range and the other is magic based range just think about it.

Range attacks are from a distance, magic attacks are from a distance.

If someone far-casts there not using a magic based range attack, there simply using magic.

Waterfiends primary use a range attack, but occasionally use a magic attack.

Protect spells still work against range or magic based other attacks. For example protect from melee protects you from bloodveds even though they are magic based melee'ers.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

It depends entirely on your levels. I can't believe people are giving advice without knowing the stats of the OP.

SGS is best if you have melees over 90, and use melee void if you have 88 summoning.

Otherwise, stick to karils as your main defence (I presume you have 70 defence and range?) with either and SS or a ZS.

Carry on using the SGS for it's specs as it owns.

Godswords get annoying when they don't hit, and are awfully slow - but as i say if you have good melee stats then it shouldn't be a problem

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

I personally like the SS and I have never been let down by it, so go with that.

Keep the SGS for the spec though, save you some p pots and food usage.

Apparently, my signature was to big.

These creatures do not use melee, instead they use both magic and ranged attacks.
If your saying one of the attacks is range based range and the other is magic based range just think about it.

If someone far-casts there not using a magic based range attack, there simply using magic.

Protect spells still work against range or magic based other attacks. For example protect from melee protects you from bloodveds even though they are magic based melee'ers.

Except you can wear max range defence all you want and their range attack will still hit you hard. Think about it, creatures like bloodvelds have a mage based melee attack, why wouldn't fiends have a mage based range attack?

2dvjurb.png

Use sgs on crush if your not, wear kerils NOT blk d hide, fury, fire cape, pray range + piety (piety optional).

And if you don't use Piety you should use 10% strength.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Are you serious? READ what I said, the RANGE attack of Waterfiends IS MAGIC BASED. This means it relies on your MAGIC defense, NOT your RANGE defense to calculate hit. If you wear MAX range defense and have crappy MAGIC defense, you STILL get hit constantly by RANGE attacks.

Please at least go to Waterfiends without Prayer for once.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

ss, sgs, d mace, or z spear kai? :ugeek:

D mace is a joke; flail is far superior yet costs less than 200k.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

ss, sgs, d mace, or z spear kai? :ugeek:

D mace is a joke; flail is far superior yet costs less than 200k.

Ancient staff+Defender is superior to the Flail.

+12 Magic defense and costs about 60k, therefore you don't need to pray as much.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

It depends entirely on your levels. I can't believe people are giving advice without knowing the stats of the OP.

SGS is best if you have melees over 90, and use melee void if you have 88 summoning.

Otherwise, stick to karils as your main defence (I presume you have 70 defence and range?) with either and SS or a ZS.

Carry on using the SGS for it's specs as it owns.

Godswords get annoying when they don't hit, and are awfully slow - but as i say if you have good melee stats then it shouldn't be a problem

No.

A ss or spear is better regardless of your levels, and the vast majority of the information in this topic is completely irrelevant, because the OP answered his/her own question in the op.

What is all this rubbish about a mage based range attack? They have a range attack, and a mage attack, There is nohing special about either. The range attack looks like an arrow, and the mage attack looks like a water strike...I don't see how that could be simplified.

I personally like using proselyte top+monk bottom(max prayer bonus), and just leave range prayer and piety on and tear through them. Just assumed that prayer would drain extremely quickly with void(no trimmed cape for me).

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Actually, it is magic based range attacks, because there are monsters that use magic based melee attacks to (not waterfiends). Some monsters will only fight within melee distance, but protecting from melee will do nothing, while protecting from mage will save you from being hit, so calling waterfiend's magic attacks magic based ranged attacks is actually right.

So just to clear that up, waterfiends use range based range attacks, and magic base range attacks (the mage attacks work from a distance, unlike some monster's mage attacks.)

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

The reason to wear black d hide is that you don't need to pay the fixing fees for karil

and if you die, you lose less.

try black d hide before you wear karil, you won't see much difference.

editedsig1ci.gif

I find it rather ridiculous that people are arguing about the best armour to wear while fighting waterfiends. :-s

I mean, first off, it's pretty well-established that Karil's is usually the way to go, and second, the question was about the weapon, not the armour. Seriously, folks. #-o

Actually, it is magic based range attacks, because there are monsters that use magic based melee attacks to (not waterfiends). Some monsters will only fight within melee distance, but protecting from melee will do nothing, while protecting from mage will save you from being hit, so calling waterfiend's magic attacks magic based ranged attacks is actually right.

So just to clear that up, waterfiends use range based range attacks, and magic base range attacks (the mage attacks work from a distance, unlike some monster's mage attacks.)

I think you mean the "Arrow" ranged attack is calculated by your MAGIC defense. The magic attack is any regular magic attack.

No.

A ss or spear is better regardless of your levels, and the vast majority of the information in this topic is completely irrelevant, because the OP answered his/her own question in the op.

What is all this rubbish about a mage based range attack? They have a range attack, and a mage attack, There is nohing special about either. The range attack looks like an arrow, and the mage attack looks like a water strike...I don't see how that could be simplified.

I personally like using proselyte top+monk bottom(max prayer bonus), and just leave range prayer and piety on and tear through them. Just assumed that prayer would drain extremely quickly with void(no trimmed cape for me).

I find that to be either a really uninformed post, or a lie.

If you used proselyte hauberk and monk robe bottom, you'd be hit pretty much CONSTANTLY by Waterfiends.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Would g mace be any good?

Cheap

+4 prayer bonus

+49 crush attack

+45 str

not horribly slow

If thats all u can afford, then y go to water fiends lol :roll:

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

I never said it was all I could afford. I'd rather use it than use a 1m weapon. Just like I prefer d scim+ defender over ss.

If I have the money to waste on fury then I [sarcasm]really[/sarcasm] can't afford Zammy spear.

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

With void you can tank them.

No.

I find that to be either a really uninformed post, or a lie.

If you used proselyte hauberk and monk robe bottom, you'd be hit pretty much CONSTANTLY by Waterfiends.

He has 88 summoning.