Waterfiend and Solo kbd guide ct method added

ghjkl

Waterfiends

[hide=Introduction]If you asked any high level summoner what is the best way to get charms, chances are one of their answers would be Waterfiends. Ever since summoning was introduced, they have been the undisputed leader for obtaining charms through melee. After the Smoking Kills update and the slayer expansion, their drops have been changed to also make it a very good source of money. With my stats, I can get upwards of 105 crimson charms per hour and 200k in drops, as well as 65k melee exp.[/hide]

[hide=About Waterfiends]Waterfiends are level 115 with 128 hitpoints. They have 2 attacks, a range attack and a mage attack, each with a max hit of 11. The range attack is arguably stronger, and gets stronger as your range defence goes up for some reason. That is why it is recommended to wear mage defence gear and pray range from time to time. They have very high stab and slash defence, so crush weapons such as the Zamorakian Spear and the Saradomin sword are generally used.[/hide]

[hide=Gear]2cg0g8o.png

This is the classic setup with Karil's, focusing on mage defence.

30bg0n9.png

This is a basic void setup. Void is generally recommended for the higher leveled players, as it has much lower defence and prayer bonus than the Karil's setup. However, it does make kills faster, and should be used if you have it and have stats around 85.

Obviously add some personal touches to the setup if necessary. Use a Saradomin Sword if you are after strength exp, and an Obsidian Mace and Zerker Necklace if you are after attack/defence exp. If you don't have some of the items (such as a fury), use one you have (such as a glory).[/hide]

[hide=Bunyip strategy(68+ summoning)]Bunyips are great healers, and they really shine at Waterfiends because of the raw food drops. Waterfiends drop LOADS of raw sharks and lobsters very often, and the Bunyip's scroll, Swallow Whole, allows you to eat them without cooking them. So in addition to the 8hp per minute, you can 'eat' the raw food drops.

icredd.png

The best special weapon to use here is the Saradomin Godsword, closely followed by Enchanted Excalibur. Their specs both add healing, which is very nice to have at Waterfiends. Following those weapons, the Granite Maul and Armadyl Godswords are also good options for speeding up kills. You can use a Dragon mace, but you have to change the attack option when you switch to it (after all you want to attack with crush and not stab). The prayer pots are for range prayer, and Superhuman Strength if you desire. You should drink the super potions once every 5-6 minutes, keeping your stats high. Eat when necessary and be sure to pick up the charms and good drops.[/hide]

[hide=Unicorn method (88+ summoning)]If you have 88 summoning, you should really use a Unicorn Stallion over a Bunyip. The unicorn heals much faster, and you shouldn't have to pray range around 90% of the time. If you have an SGS or Enchanted Excalibur, you probably won't need to pray range at all.

2cypswh.png

The extra healing reduces the need for some prayer potions, so there is more room for super sets, which will make kills faster. Use the food and/or the Unicorn's scroll to heal. Note that you don't always have to pray range with this method. If you need inventory space, turn range pray off and eat some food when you are damaged.[/hide]

[hide=CT Guide (79 summoning REQUIRED)]The chaos tunnels are another place which Waterfiends reside in, next to the Turoth room. Killing them there is the absolute fastest way to kill fiends, but a summoning level of at least 79 is suggested. Here are the inventories (the gear is the same).

9s89rq.png

For those with 79+ summoning

21o8xsz.png

For those with 95+ summoning and high defence/mage.

Bring a Beast of Burden with at least 18 pizzas.

For this method, it is suggested that you have AT LEAST 90 stats, because this is much harder than the ancient cavern method. For your first 10 minutes and 30 seconds in the room, the waterfiends are going to be aggressive, and it is multiway combat there. Stay on the west side of the room and a maxinum of 4 waterfiends can be on you at a time. This is when you use the food you brought with you BOB. Pray range at all times. When they become unagressive, summoning your elemental/iron titan so they can help kill waterfiends. If you have an iron titan, you still might consider praying range, but you probably shouldn't have to with a healing titan. With this method and iron titan, I got upwards of 28k hp exp per hour (130+ crimsons) not including banking. With 3 people in the room Dharoking and pietying, rates higher than bursting rock lobs could be achieved.[/hide]

[hide=Logs and stuff]27zucp.jpg

K=Karil's V=Void Z=Zamorakian Spear S=Saradomin Sword[/hide]

Solo King Black Dragon

[hide=Intro]The King Black Dragon is a severely underestimated boss. While it may be hard to find a world for teaming it, soloing it is an extremely viable option. It has a melee attack, hitting up to 25, and a multitude of Dragonfire attacks, each can hit up to 60 damage if not properly protected against. The boss may be a pushover with the right strategies, but the best methods involves high stats and can be very dangerous if not paying attention. Never underestimate this boss.[/hide]

[hide=Gear and Inventory (83+summoning)]2q9icyr.png

Yes, it's Verac. Yes it's 2 handed. Yes there is no antifire shield.

2rz5mrm.png

There's your antifire shield, but you won't be using it for long.

For a spec weapon, AGS>BGS>Dragon Mace[/hide]

[hide=Strategy]Since the KBD respawns slowly, and that the Lava Titan teleports you pratically next to his lair, we will be using that to our advantage to bank and recharge prayer every kill. That means that prayer potions are rarely needed, and cheap food can be used, such as monkfish instead of sharks for example. Drink a super set every kill, and drink an antifire potion and an antipoison potion when it tells you it is running out. Enter the lair with MAGE PROTECTION (this is very important) and piety. Mage protection and antifire pots lower the max hit of his dragonfire attacks to 15, so you should be relatively safe from harm. Whenever you are at around 40-50 hp, run under the KBD and eat up as high as you can without wasting. Kill, eat, pick up drops, teleport to house, recharge pray, bank, teleport back to his lair and repeat. With this method, at my stats, anyway from 20-25 kills can be achieved, and loot like this can be dropped per lava titan.

2pt2bkm.png

Also, around 50 crimsons and 10 golds will come per hour.[/hide]

[hide=Log here]Rune long crim

Sharks

Rune long crim

Rune arrow crim

Blood rune crim

Blood rune gold

Rune long gold

Loop crim

Rune bar crim

Air rune

Blood rune gold

Sapphire gold

Adamant plate gold

Yew logs crim

Rune long crim

Iron arrow gold

Blood rune gold

Amulet of str

Iron arrow crim

Rune long

Fire rune

Mithril battleaxe crim

Rune long crim

Addy hatchet

Yew logs

Addy plate

Str ammy crim

Addy bar crim

Blood rune gold

Str ammy crim

Addy plate blue

Rune bolts crim

Sharks

Addy bar crim

Iron arrow crim

Iron arrow crim

Str ammy

Air rune crim

Rune bolts crim

Fire rune gold

Rune long crim

Law rune gold

Rune bolts crim[/hide]

Credits to this guide:

zaaps1- told me to add some stuff

I usually use a d mace for specs and it hits decently, but another (read cheaper) alternative to SGS is the enhanced excalibur. Each spec acts as a shark and super def dose, so it would really help those who don't have 68 summon. Otherwise, pretty decent. :thumbup:

I'm not a fan of piety, because you use too many prayer potions to finish a whole unicorn there, and it is pretty expensive, but if you want, go for it.

Piety costs an extra 10 p pots an hour according to the Runehq calculator, thats 80k for 10-15 more crimson charms, and they take much more space, which means less space for food and more range praying too.

For Bunyip trips, I bring 1 sup set, 5 house tabs, a games necky, 2 bunyips, 10 ppots (I turn prayer off when I have full/high hp and turn it back on at 60 or so hp) and rest strawberry baskets. (heal me 30 hp a basket)

• 2 weeks later...

Bought some bunyip pouches, going on a a 20 min trip tomorrow or so to test inventory. Not gonna get exp rates for everything though, cba :cry:

Btw thats why you bring more p pots for range praying. All but 2 p pots are dedicated to that

Granite maul is a nice cheap spec weapon (3 hard/fast attacks in the time it takes to do one/two d mace spec) and doesn't require you to change attack when your using it.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Finally updated this guide lol

Removed some boring stuff in waterfiends, added a bunyip part, and started on an entire new section about the kbd.

Tell me if im missing anything.

Waterfiend section is incomplete.

1) If you have 88 summoning, you should not be praying ranged there. The Unicorn will heal you enough that you can get by. You should pray Piety in this case, if anything.

2) In your Bunyip section, you have a Granite Mace for speccing, but it is not mentioned in the actual text of the guide.

3) For the weapon, you should mention Zerker Necklace + Obby Mace.

4) If the Elemental Titan works for the CTs method, then obviously it should work for the Ancient Cavern, right? But that's not mentioned. You should stat in your unicorn section (if you don't make a new section for this) that Titans will work as well.

1) If you have 88 summoning, you should not be praying ranged there. The Unicorn will heal you enough that you can get by. You should pray Piety in this case, if anything.

It all really depends on your mage level. In my case, I still need to pray range sometimes, and most of the prayer pots are for 10% strength. I usually pray range about 1/3 of the time.

2) In your Bunyip section, you have a Granite Mace for speccing, but it is not mentioned in the actual text of the guide.

Actually its a granite maul, but yea i'll add it.

I should but I haven't really tested it and don't really want to add stuff without testing.

4) If the Elemental Titan works for the CTs method, then obviously it should work for the Ancient Cavern, right? But that's not mentioned. You should stat in your unicorn section (if you don't make a new section for this) that Titans will work as well.

Bunyip>titan because of the swallow whole scrolls allowing you to eat the raw food drops

At least 2 bunyip pouches if you bring so many prayer potions

Exhanced excalibur also works great there so might wanna add it in

I will if someone gives me a pic, I dont have access to it. The reason for so many prayer pots is that 10% strength drains a bit.

It all really depends on your mage level. In my case, I still need to pray range sometimes, and most of the prayer pots are for 10% strength. I usually pray range about 1/3 of the time.

But there you go. From the guide, it STILL implies that you will be praying all the time. The biggest hint is that "it reduces the need", which can mean anything. My point is that you should mention that with a unicorn, you could get by without ranged prayer, or praying very little.

Actually its a granite maul, but yea i'll add it.

Might also want to add D mace while you're at it. It's a difference of preference, really, but all the same...

I should but I haven't really tested it and don't really want to add stuff without testing.

It definitely an inferior option to ZS and SS, and I'd say it's in par with a GS. You should just mention that there is a cheaper alternative which is only slightly worse. I can back you up on this, so if you want to keep your guide accurate, just say that it's from my personal experience.

Bunyip>titan because of the swallow whole scrolls allowing you to eat the raw food drops

From my xp:

With a bunyip, it healed me more than enough to get by. Those rare times when I did need hp, the SGS took care of everything. Essentially, the bunyip is almost overkill for higher levels. So why not bring a weaker unicorn? I can get by tasks with no ranged prayer if I use my titan + piety.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, very nice.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will definatly use when ever I get the required slayer level for WF's and train my nubby stats!!

Once again, good job.

EpiclyRalphy.png

chat114137.png

chat114425.png

I LOVE YOU DIRKY & FURAH

Wow, very nice.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I will definatly use when ever I get the required slayer level for WF's and train my nubby stats!!

Once again, good job.

Waterfiends have no slayer level requirement, they are just rather strong.

songokusigtif.png

What are your stats that you mention in the KBD section? Also couldn't a DFS whip combo work just as well as veracs against KBD? And If I'm not mistaken the slayer helm will give the bonuses against him for black dragon tasks so you might want to add something about that in. Slayer helm with full bandos dfs whip and mage pray for slayer tasks. Just a thought...

Good guide, a little more for pics and break up the "wall of text" feel that some of the guide has and its 10/10.

Trolling by giving good advice since April 2011.

The Blog - Currently Cleaning Herbs

Bladewing.png

Well veracs, while not only being a crush attack (the kbd is weak to it) also has the armour piercing activity. Slayer mask and whip with defender would be better, but not with the DFS. If you have a slayer mask, you might aswell use a zspear on crush or stab, though I haven't really studied it yet.

Btw my stats when I did those KBD tests were 98 99 91

• 2 weeks later...

(21:02:57) <@naruto_x89> bump this please

no

i mean

damn.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come