The Conduit

RayOxide

It's a wii game so go away :lol:

The Conduit is an upcoming shooter game for the Wii - basically it's been praised alot for it's good controls, graphics and gameplay.

I'm kinda sure you guys have heard of this, even if you have an Xbox360 or a PS3.

It was voted the best Wii game of E3 2008, the best Wii graphics of E3 2008 and overall best Wii game of E3 2008 (probably 'cause not many came out).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Conduit is the Wikipedia link, which can give some decent look into it.

It's the second game using WiiSpeak, so you can tell your team how crap they are if you ever got it.

Personally I havent looked into the Multiplayer/WiFi part yet, so Idk if it's good online or anything, but knowing the Wii it might be a bit laggy.

Seems like one of the Wii's best exclusive games. I might get it if it's praised any more before its release in Aus.

Anyone? ;)

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Segaaaaaaaa.

Ill say no more.

Yeah thats my main problem with the game lol, it still looks kinda good.

Meh, I never liked Brawl, but Galaxy was good. And what about WAW?

WaW isnt a Wii-Only game.

The best Wii FPS transfers to an average to above average FPS on other consoles. That and Sega.

All i can say is lol you fail. Except for the sega part.

Wow a Shooter on the Wii that does not feature any classic Nintendo Characters???

:o

WHOA, hard to believe!!

Probably at the end of it, You have unlocked: Sonic the Hedgehog!!

*dodges all bullets*

You're too slow!!!@

The best Wii FPS transfers to an average to above average FPS on other consoles. That and Sega.

All i can say is lol you fail. Except for the sega part.

Deny the truth as much as you want.

Hey, stupidity is written on the ceiling.

No it isn't I checked beforehand.

OT: I'm really looking forward to this game! So far the best looking (if not only good looking) game this year... how unfortunate :(

I hope I'll have enough money when it's released though.

The Wii needs to stay out of mainstream gaming. It shouldn't be competing with other consoles, it should be staying graciously behind. The whole point of the Wii on release was to just sit back and make a varied set of fun little mini games. Noone can deny that Wii Bowling was awesome. FPS + Wii = Bad. Even the railshooters. There was one good third person shooter, the Zelda thing, that's the kind of thing Wii should do, just short little things.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Wii needs to stay out of mainstream gaming. It shouldn't be competing with other consoles, it should be staying graciously behind. The whole point of the Wii on release was to just sit back and make a varied set of fun little mini games. Noone can deny that Wii Bowling was awesome. FPS + Wii = Bad. Even the railshooters. There was one good third person shooter, the Zelda thing, that's the kind of thing Wii should do, just short little things.

But what if this works? It might if they get the [bleep]ing aiming and motion controls right.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

But what if this works? It might if they get the [bleep] aiming and motion controls right.

Wii has surprised me before, maybe they can do it again with this. But what I meant is that the Wii isn't meant for mainstream gaming.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Oh, okay Nintendo, cancel every FPS you were thinking of making - our game expert has spoken.

:roll:

They really should. Nintendo has never, I repeat, NEVER, had a good FPS, so thanks for agreeing.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Oh, okay Nintendo, cancel every FPS you were thinking of making - our game expert has spoken.

:roll:

They really should. Nintendo has never, I repeat, NEVER, had a good FPS, so thanks for agreeing.

I assume Goldeneye and Perfect Dark don't count then?

Actually It's more of the Best console fps transfers to an average FPS on PC. :)

I don't think Nintendo created the Wii to be the MiniClip of consoles. The problem with the Wii is that it has so much potential, but it also has a very milk-able surface that is used and raped by Third Parties who just want to make as much money as possible in as little time as possible.

FPS on the Wii don't really exist as of now... Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 was good though, and had a great control scheme that made sense. Metroid Prime 3 worked very well, if you consider it an FPS, and I'm assuming CoD5 did well enough on its own. CoD6 will be coming to the Wii, and I expect controls on that to be good.

Railshooters I'm not too big a fan of (at least at my house (keep 'em in the arcades)) but it does make sense to have them on the Wii.

Resident Evil 4 (a third-person shooter) was remade for the Wii (I WANT IT) and was cited to have even better controls than it did on PS2/Gamecube.

1. Resident Evil 4 for the Wii sucked [wagon]. I dont want to hold a controller up and if I move my hand an inch, woops, my cursor went bye bye.

2. Maybe the Wii started off trying to be a mainstream console, but it turned into miniclip. I dont know how Nintendo got this, but GAMERS DO NOT WANT TO USE MOTION CONTROL FOR A WHOLE GAME. Unless motion control is used very little in a game (therefore rendering the wii almost useless as it could be put onto Xbox360 or PS3), a wii game will never be accepted readily as a good game by REAL gamers. Dont throw BS at me like Brawl and Galaxy. Thats 2 good games, Xbox360 and PS3 get 2+ good games in 3 months, Wii has those after all the time its been around.

So if the wii falls so far behind, how far does the Xbox? The wii has still outsold it by far, and seeing how the red ring of death can screw an xbox and make you send it away for a while, some people probably have backups.

Actually It's more of the Best console fps transfers to an average FPS on PC. :)

Just like basically ever other fps on the ps3/xbox.

Can we get on topic, instead of the pointless wii bashing because you just know its outsold your consoles? (or the more obvious anti-nintendo just because you think its for kids LOL)

So if the wii falls so far behind, how far does the Xbox? The wii has still outsold it by far, and seeing how the red ring of death can screw an xbox and make you send it away for a while, some people probably have backups.

I'm sure a Mini Cooper outsells a Rolls Royce Phantom, but it doesn't make it a better car.

CoD6 will be coming to the Wii, and I expect controls on that to be good.
:lol: #-o :roll: :wall:

Ok, a quick IGN check says it's so far only a rumor for the Wii, but nonetheless I would expect a big-title game like CoD6 to have decent enough time on the Wii to succeed.

Ok, a quick IGN check says it's so far only a rumor for the Wii, but nonetheless I would expect a big-title game like CoD6 to have decent enough time on the Wii to succeed.

That depends if you define success as a cheap rip off port, akin to Call Of Duty: World At War.

Now that I have a 360 I probably won't purchase this game. I'd only buy it for the online play, and the Wii's is definitly not the best online service.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Thanks KC for actually going on topic unlike everyone else.

Does seem like a decent game, for the wii. Hoping that it could have original controller controls though.

Like classic or gc.

When I saw the title "The Conduit" I was all excited for a Mass Effect 2 spoiler. I hate you guys.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

When I saw the title "The Conduit" I was all excited for a Mass Effect 2 spoiler. I hate you guys.

:lol:

I kinda had the same thing.