Bored of our armor

benar

Customizable armor would be incredibly hard to manage. For a good month after such a release, there would be graphical glitches everywhere when certain custom armors and other random armors don't work well together, and I'm sure there are plenty of other things that would need to be worked out like use in treasure trail emote clues, glitches that caused bizarre events, etc.

And besides, there is already an incredibly wide range of armors available in runescape. It's very easy to put a few different armor pieces together and create a new, unique outfit. As for using customizability (is that a word?) in combat with high level gear, well... I think you need to get your priorities straight. When fighting a boss in a life-threatening situation with your teammates, the last thing that should concern you is how you look.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Customizable armor would be incredibly hard to manage. For a good month after such a release, there would be graphical glitches everywhere when certain custom armors and other random armors don't work well together, and I'm sure there are plenty of other things that would need to be worked out like use in treasure trail emote clues, glitches that caused bizarre events, etc.

And besides, there is already an incredibly wide range of armors available in runescape. It's very easy to put a few different armor pieces together and create a new, unique outfit. As for using customizability (is that a word?) in combat with high level gear, well... I think you need to get your priorities straight. When fighting a boss in a life-threatening situation with your teammates, the last thing that should concern you is how you look.

But when you all look the same it's hard to tell who's who in some cases. I remember when I would go Sara GWD a lot, my team would all have the exact same outfit, 100% match. There were a lot of accidental deaths because you saw somebody getting attacked, but you didn't know it was you until you moved around.

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

Hmm yes... variety, the spice of life. 8-)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I thought I had an unique outfit, but I have already seen two players with the exactly same items (or maybe they had different gloves) :x Oh well. The problem is that there is a single best armor (Bandos, no one uses PvP gear because of the crazy cost & barrows degrade and are weaker), and everyone uses it (except me :D). If there were many good choices, then we would see variety. Spirit shields are good and rarely used, but no one has enough money to buy them. TT armor sucks in combat. PvP gear is too expensive. Sooo... you need to stick with Bandos if you want maximum protection.

I think the best option would be the shirt type thing that medieval knights wore to show off their heraldry. This way people could wear the armour and keep the stats just with a different look. But I guess there are many other possibilities.

Admiral_Caro.png

I thought I had an unique outfit, but I have already seen two players with the exactly same items (or maybe they had different gloves) :x Oh well. The problem is that there is a single best armor (Bandos, no one uses PvP gear because of the crazy cost & barrows degrade and are weaker), and everyone uses it (except me :D). If there were many good choices, then we would see variety. Spirit shields are good and rarely used, but no one has enough money to buy them. TT armor sucks in combat. PvP gear is too expensive. Sooo... you need to stick with Bandos if you want maximum protection.

barrows is most certainly not weaker, it has a good deal more defense.

bandos is only used as a status symbol, and for people who get anoyed at having to repair barrows, or people who like to fool themselves into thinking they are high lvl pros(like me! :P).

also, pvp gear isnt that expensive, it jsut degrades after an hour...

notasandwich000457.png

lolwot125740.png

Tbh, i'm fine with the armour around today, i admit that i'm a bit bored of seeing every higher level in barrows/bandos/dragon, and all the lower levels in rune/mithril/green d'hide ect, but in my opinion i'm fine with the variety of armours, robes, and other clothing items around today ::'

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

barrows is most certainly not weaker, it has a good deal more defense.

bandos is only used as a status symbol, and for people who get anoyed at having to repair barrows, or people who like to fool themselves into thinking they are high lvl pros(like me! :P).

also, pvp gear isnt that expensive, it jsut degrades after an hour...

Sorry, I was a bit tired when I wrote that. -.-

I admit it can get a bit depressing looking at all us clones, but not much can be done about it, it's just the way RuneScape is. People will always only use the best, and since requirements for weapons and armour in RuneScape have ridiculously low requirements (even the almighty godswords, which are supposedly THE weapon of elitists in Runescape, have a measily requirement of 75 attack), it just furthers the problem.

I recently started playing requiem (One of the most underated free mmorpg's out there. Don't go looking it up if blood makes you squeemish ;) ) and the diversity in equipment is imense. You'd be hard set to find two people wearing 2 pieces of armour exactly the same, let alone their entire set. The reason for it is a mix of massive selections of equipment, completely varying requirements and maybe even the fact that there aren't enough players out there to analyse every single detail of the game, like we do with Runescape. It definetly adds a great feel among the game, it makes it much easier to look at people as individual instead of just another clone. :)

What Runescape would have to do is add alot of armours with unique, varying requirements. To top it off, they could add very good armours as rewards for VERY hard quests. Long term rewards like that coming from quests are very few right now.

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

What Runescape would have to do is add alot of armours with unique, varying requirements. To top it off, they could add very good armours as rewards for VERY hard quests. Long term rewards like that coming from quests are very few right now.

I really quite like this idea, (rewards from quests) I think that this could encourage people to have more of a variety of clothing, armour ect \'

blogsignature.png

Click my signature for my blog!

[hide=]

Yeah, I agree. The variety of good armor in the game is sickening. I go to do a slayer task and what do I see? 10 people in bandos plate/tasset/slayer helm/dfs or sgs. The only real variety would be the skill cape they wear.

The thing is, people wear the best they can. If something better than Bandos came out, people would probably swap out for it. They need to make more armor with the same stats range so that people can pick and choose what they like

Or, they could make same leveled armor that have different kinds of bonuses. Like the melee barrows set.

Have a set of melee armor that emphasizes strength, three defense, each one that, while still good overall, emphasizes stab, slash, or range, three offensive, one for stab, crush, and slash, and one emphasizing prayer.

For range, have one emphasizing ranged offense, three for defense, magic, stab, and crush, and one for prayer.

Magic would do the same, one for magic offensive, three defense, magic, slash, and crush, and one prayer.

That gives you seven melee armors, five range armors, and five magic armors, making a total of seventeen different sets of armor. For variety is the spice of life.

Also, each type could have an appearance similar to its function.

[/hide]

Best suggestion on the topic so far, it could really be developed on.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

As lovely as the suggestion is, theres bound to be idiots who make armors of unsavory body parts.

I doubt they would allow 100% customisable armour like you have in mind. Perhaps a series of pre-selected images that like Halo, or the ones in PoHs.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113