Bored of our armor

benar

There are certain items out there which I have, quite frankly, become bored with looking at. What I am really talking about is armor. I'm just sick of the same old same old, and having everyone look the same.

I just have a wish to be able to take my standard armor and have it converted, possibly for a price, into something of my own creation. I know the idea of 'customizable everything' has been around for a long time, but I feel as though it should be a pressing issue. Why should Jagex decide what we wear?

Don't misinterpret; this thread is not a suggestion, but I do recommend that standard pieces of armor (bronze - dragon) be able to be taken to a smithy and redesigned by the player. I don't think many people have the desire to redesign pieces of dragon armor, but the point is to have the same bonuses with a more personally ideal look. Perhaps you could buy a "blank" piece of armor which possesses stats corresponding to each type of metal, which then can be designed. Just a though!

How does everybody else feel? Anybody else a bit bored with the current options? I'm not saying that there aren't good options, just not enough to satisfy my taste and needs at the same time. What say you to a little variety, or are you just fine with what we have?

picture7eo0.png

There have already been multiple threads about this....

Yes, a more diverse range of weapons and armour would be nice, but there's no reason to bring this topic up every few weeks.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Would you happen to be exaggerating on that claim? Not to personally attack you or anything, it's just that I really don't think that's true...

The claim that there have been threads about this? No thats not an exaggeration. And yes it would be cool. But you would still end up with a alot of people looking the same. cuz they all think the same thing is cool. like on halo 3. not so much anymore, but hyabusa used to be EVERYWHERE.

'

Just to let you knowm Jagex has implemented the crest symbol to paint on you armor.

what? are you talking about the armor stands in poh's? yes you can paint helms and sheils there. if they are made of steel or rune...

35b9enp.jpg

Just to let you know, Jagex has implemented the crest symbol to paint on you armor.

I'm well aware. However that's only on either steel or rune helmets and kite shields... not the answer I'm looking for now is it?

The issue isn't so much the armor, though it's an area I'm pushing for improvement in, as it is the general diversity, or the lack thereof, of everything.

The claim that there have been threads about this? No thats not an exaggeration. And yes it would be cool. But you would still end up with a alot of people looking the same...

That is not true either. The items in the game may not be so diverse, but people sure are. While you, hypothetically, may enjoy [bleep]y armor with huge bulky shoulders, I'm more for smooth and sleek... just an example.

picture7eo0.png

RuneScape is already an unrealistic game as it is. "Major Cities" only have about 20 citizens and 4 houses at most. I think Jagex should prioritize on making the game more realistic before focusing on a wider range of items.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

meh, not really. theres so much unique armor now its not like (2006) everyone is walking around in black dragonhide, rune, or mystic. there are so many different types of armor that i can't keep track of it all.

if you want to look cool? theres armor for that

if you want good bonuses? theres armor for that

if you want to be lighter? theres armor for that

if you want nooby armor to look cool? theres treasure trails for that

if you still want nooby armor to look cool? theres a guy who paints [cabbage]

if you want to look rich? theres armor for that

if you want some respect? theres capes for that

if you want to look totally unique? theres quests/minigames for that

if you are having pain in your left knee? there are pills for that.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

hmm personally i dont think thats too much of a problem now. Back in the day everyone was walking around in a dragon med helm, a dragon sq shield, dragon legs, dragon chain, amulet of fury and abbysal whips. Everyone.

Except for me :lol: I was walking around with a rune med helm,anti dragon fire sheild (dragonfire sheild back in the day),rune legs,rune plate,strength amulet and dragon longsword :P

It would be nice to have more variety in our armour but after say a year everyone will look the same by wearing that.

Zaroterasu.png

RuneScape is already an unrealistic game as it is. "Major Cities" only have about 20 citizens and 4 houses at most. I think Jagex should prioritize on making the game more realistic before focusing on a wider range of items.

Yeah this is clearly the priority cause we all know how many threads pop up about trying to populate the cities and make them look realistic....... :roll:

Whats the logic here? People whine about the armor all the time, so that means its less important than something I have never seen a thread about?

We do need new armor. Why not just extend the "family crest" thing to be painted on rune plate and legs? That alone would give us tons of new options...

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

Maybe create a well worded post in the suggestion forum on the Official Runescape Forum. I understand what your saying but...I think there is too much armour as it is. While most of the armor is crap for noobs there is still tons and tons different armors. And of course for the different combat lvls there will be people that basicaly wear the same thigns because its the best thing they can get or its the best suited for what they are doing.

Extending the family crest so that it can be painted on any type of metal armour, and on all the pieces? That would OWN. And I don't think it would be terribly hard to implement. :D We could get the same bonuses as our dragon amour, yet we could appear in a whole new range of different ways. The whole set of armour painted in with a crest would look one way, while a different set painted with a different crest would look another. I think this is a great idea wow, I astound myself! :mrgreen:

EDIT: OH and if we wanted to remove the paint? We could just use that cloth that's used for removing poison! And we could paint over our family crest however many times we wanted, if we decided to change it. :o

Blakdragon39.png

Yeah, I agree. The variety of good armor in the game is sickening. I go to do a slayer task and what do I see? 10 people in bandos plate/tasset/slayer helm/dfs or sgs. The only real variety would be the skill cape they wear.

The thing is, people wear the best they can. If something better than Bandos came out, people would probably swap out for it. They need to make more armor with the same stats range so that people can pick and choose what they like

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

i just want armor with BIG sholders. i wanna have my head between two sholderpads the size of my body. <3:

tiss' all i want. :thumbup:

timmyx50sig1.png

Thx AquaMare for the amazing sig!

[hide=Clicky!]Points2Shop

it's ligit, ive used it. hey, its a great way to kill time. :)[/hide]

[hide=drops and stuff.]Bandos drops: 2X Shard 3, 5X Bandos Plate, X1 Bandos Tasset

PROUD owner of the fire cape since October 9th, 2008

6X Black Mask Drops[/hide]

As lovely as the suggestion is, theres bound to be idiots who make armors of unsavory body parts.

It would get wanna-be mods out of clan chats. All they would have to do is stand by the armour painter (assuming there was only one place to do this) with report abuse ready. They would get rid of the idiots; we'd all win!

If there's a way to report armour...

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Yeah, I agree. The variety of good armor in the game is sickening. I go to do a slayer task and what do I see? 10 people in bandos plate/tasset/slayer helm/dfs or sgs. The only real variety would be the skill cape they wear.

The thing is, people wear the best they can. If something better than Bandos came out, people would probably swap out for it. They need to make more armor with the same stats range so that people can pick and choose what they like

Or, they could make same leveled armor that have different kinds of bonuses. Like the melee barrows set.

Have a set of melee armor that emphasizes strength, three defense, each one that, while still good overall, emphasizes stab, slash, or range, three offensive, one for stab, crush, and slash, and one emphasizing prayer.

For range, have one emphasizing ranged offense, three for defense, magic, stab, and crush, and one for prayer.

Magic would do the same, one for magic offensive, three defense, magic, slash, and crush, and one prayer.

That gives you seven melee armors, five range armors, and five magic armors, making a total of seventeen different sets of armor. For variety is the spice of life.

Also, each type could have an appearance similar to its function.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Having customizable armor for each of Jagex's paying customers would take up a HUGE chunk of memory. Too much. If they weren't willing to sacrifice the memory for personally customized spell lists, why would they do this?

Yes, armor is boring. It does get dull. So does fighting in the same spot, going to the same spot, doing the same thing. There's only so many things they can make customizable.

hzvjpwS.gif

Or we could go the way of Warcraft and make the entire game gear dependent. Only a few people have the best armor there and that takes several months (at the least) to get.
Or we could do what Warhammer does and allow armor to be dyed for a small fee.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Or we could go the way of Warcraft and make the entire game gear dependent. Only a few people have the best armor there and that takes several months (at the least) to get.
Or we could do what Warhammer does and allow armor to be dyed for a small fee.

Then everyone would be tired of seeing people in red, because red looked like dragon, or black because everyone tried to be a ninja, or etc.

Dyed armor isn't all it's cracked up to be. Try Conquer Online for example--all the twice-reborn (Runescape's maxed with full vesta, fury, whip, zerker, etc) accounts look exactly the same.

hzvjpwS.gif