Saddest Movie Scenes?

Dizzle229

The little girl in the red coat in Schindler's List made a lump in my throat.

Pffffft. Come on. I admit it was "touching" but Spielberg is after all, a director [and more of a money [bleep] producer - these days].

I'm not condoning or desensitizing the Holocaust, but that was for pure cinematic effect. A red coat in a purely black and white film betrays reality and ironically, fails to serve the purpose for which it was intended. It was a shameless rape of innocence. Instead of being memorable, it makes me sick.

Spielberg can think of no other way to make that little girl an individual and stand out.

A useless and tacky camera trick that didn't add anything of value to the film.

EDIT: Spelling.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Near the end of the movie AI, when the aliens resurrect his mother for one day. That is by far the saddest thing I have seen. A real tear jerker. This should not be taken out of context, so I won't post up the clip. If you want to see it, I strongly recommend you see the entire movie.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

The end of the Pokemon movie where Ash "dies". Only movie that has made me teary/cry :shock:

Somebody needs to lay off the Nintendo. :lol:

The end of American History X, I felt that he had changed so much from the other side trying to be his brother. His brother just runs in. Man...

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

One that comes to mind is the ending of Final Fantasy Spirits Within.

Titanic (I was about 8 or something).

Those are the ones that spring to mind at least.

The last Titanic survivor died yesterday :(

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

The Lion king - Where his dad dies. Gets me Every [bleep] time.

:cry:

[yt]m4OCxQhPm58[/yt]

Am I sick and cruel because I LMAO'ed. at that? :lol:

I'm not sure, But I was LMAO too. :twisted:

We do not quit playing because we grow old we grow old because we quit playing.

-Oliver Wendell Holmes

2mhc00i.png

• 2 weeks later...

Pffffft. Come on. I admit it was "touching" but Spielberg is after all, a director [and more of a money [bleep] producer - these days].

I'm not condoning or desensitizing the Holocaust, but that was for pure cinematic effect. A red coat in a purely black and white film betrays reality and ironically, fails to serve the purpose for which it was intended. It was a shameless rape of innocence. Instead of being memorable, it makes me sick.

Spielberg can think of no other way to make that little girl an individual and stand out.

Spite much? How would you have isolated a person in the middle of the liquidation of the ghetto then?

Spite much? How would you have isolated a person in the middle of the liquidation of the ghetto then?

:-k

Not like Spielberg did it. OK. Hold the guns, don't go all out on me. Offering my opinion is all.

I must've been at that age, but I remember watching Indian in the Cupboard, and crying for about 20 mins after the kid puts him back.

The scene in Click where Michael goes back to when he last saw his grandfather alive. His grandfather asking him to go with him and Ben on a night out, and Michael gets angry because he was trying to work. It was so sad because you could see when he was watching the scene, he knew he had done wrong (too much family neglection) and he was so angry with himself. Also the second last scene, where his relatives etc are kneeled around him in the rain, sobbing.

sig1p.jpg

Just watched another movie that it utterly sad!

"Gran Trino

I almost cried

Most of the people I know said it was unintentionally funny.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!