Saddest Movie Scenes?

Dizzle229

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leo Getz's story at the end of Lethal Weapon 4 still almost makes me tear up. When he's talking about his pet frog. I guess it just makes me think of my own dog, who died 8 years ago.

I don't know anyone who tears up at that scene but they always seem to pay more attention when it's on. What he says is fairly true tho.

[yt]rXCJ6f-kAac[/yt]

And a lot of Requim For A Dream is sad. Mainly because everything about it was avoidable if they just did things differently.

What always seem to move me tho is these scense from Schindler's List:

[yt]ljXXP-HuhWU[/yt]

[yt]K64RMGM-3A0[/yt]

Sorry for the second one, I can't find another version atm.

Yeah, the girl in the red dress sequence in Schindler's List is the biggest emotional kick in the ribs in film. I was dumbstruck the first time I saw that scene, it's pretty much the reason I revisit that film. The scene with the women in the shower is a tough one as well. Come to think of it, that whole film is like an emotional beating, it's not an easy film to watch.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

It's not really sad the first time around, but once you know what you do at the end of the movie, the scene in The Prestige where Christian Bale's character is in prison and he's saying goodbye to his brother is pretty sad.

The end of In Bruges is kinda sad too, didn't shed any tears or anything, but when he says "and I really really really hoped I wouldn't die....I really really hoped I wouldn't die" I really really hoped he wouldn't die either. :(

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

The end of In Bruges is kinda sad too, didn't shed any tears or anything, but when he says "and I really really really hoped I wouldn't die....I really really hoped I wouldn't die" I really really hoped he wouldn't die either. :(

And I love how it never tells you. That is one of my sister's favourite movies...

I don't know anyone who tears up at that scene but they always seem to pay more attention when it's on. What he says is fairly true tho.

I haven't actually shed any tears from it, but I have been relatively close to it. My mom says I always was very sensitive when it comes to animals, though.

Best movie seen for me?

We were soldiers, Was powerful, left with my eyes teary and head held high proud to be an american.

I cried like a baby the first time I saw that. It still makes me cry every time I see it including last night. I don't even care that half the movie is American propaganda about the Vietnam War, it has a deeper message than that. War movies always make me cry.

And I love how it never tells you. That is one of my sister's favourite movies...

Definitely one of my favorite movies. I was more sad when Ken was climbing to the top of that tower.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Old Yeller, when the dog went rabid and had to be put down.

wailord.png

If you choose your beliefs/lifestyle simply based on what your parents want, then you are a weak minded individual and are not even worthy of calling yourself a person.

The last scenes of The Fountain where the tree/Izzi dies and the Spaniard dies from drinking the sap of the tree.

[yt]RxyP_QX8sEs[/yt]

It's just so romantically sad but also epic and just makes you go, "Wow".

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Anytime a Dog dies in a movie it's sad. I freaking hate when they kill the dog.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Anytime a Dog dies in a movie it's sad. I freaking hate when they kill the dog.

That reminds me of an anecdote in the book 'Easy Riders, Raging Bull' where George Lucas supposedly claimed it was easy to emotionally involve the audience, just have somebody strangle a puppy.

Killing cute animals in films is one of the cheapest ways to make the audience care about a film. When it happens in a mediocre film my eyes tend to roll.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

That reminds me of an anecdote in the book 'Easy Riders, Raging Bull' where George Lucas supposedly claimed it was easy to emotionally involve the audience, just have somebody strangle a puppy.

Killing cute animals in films is one of the cheapest ways to make the audience care about a film. When it happens in a mediocre film my eyes tend to roll.

For me it's not really that they're "cute". Hell I don't care if they kill a bunny or a fawn. Those are both cute animals, but I'm not emotionally tied to them. I hate when they kill a dog because I've grown up with a dog as one of my best friends for my entire life. I hate when they kill dogs because in reality, dogs have personality, they love their owners and for the most part, that love is returned to the dog. There's a reason they're referred to as "man's best friend". For those reasons I hate when dogs are killed in movies, not because they're "cute".

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

For me it's not really that they're "cute". Hell I don't care if they kill a bunny or a fawn. Those are both cute animals, but I'm not emotionally tied to them. I hate when they kill a dog because I've grown up with a dog as one of my best friends for my entire life. I hate when they kill dogs because in reality, dogs have personality, they love their owners and for the most part, that love is returned to the dog. There's a reason they're referred to as "man's best friend". For those reasons I hate when dogs are killed in movies, not because they're "cute".

I agree, it could be the ugliest breed of dog you can think of, and I would still be extremely upset by it. Kill any other animal and I'm more or less fine with it, but a dog and I have trouble watching.