Saddest Movie Scenes?

Dizzle229

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imitation of Life (1959) is one of the saddest films I've seen in a long time. A small clip wouldn't do it justice...

A small clip didn't do TGM justice, but I posted that anyway ;)

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Imitation of Life (1959) is one of the saddest films I've seen in a long time. A small clip wouldn't do it justice...

We have Sirk lovers on the forum? :thumbup: Hello.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Hmm, Click was indeed sad at the end, and also the beginning of Batman Begins, when his parents died. THe first time it was so shocking and sad :/

Am I the only one who found TGM boring? I tried watching it twice so far and I stopped watching in the middle because it was to boring :|

Hmm, Click was indeed sad at the end, and also the beginning of Batman Begins, when his parents died. THe first time it was so shocking and sad :/

Am I the only one who found TGM boring? I tried watching it twice so far and I stopped watching in the middle because it was to boring :|

It's ridiculously long, but just sit through the whole thing and trust me about 75% to the end is good.

Also:

[yt]7ixBV_IXx5g[/yt]

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Lion king - Where his dad dies. Gets me Every [bleep]ing time.

Armageddon - When they all get pooned at the end to save everyone.

Click - When he dies but doesn't, I even know he doesn't and i still almost well up.

:cry:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Forrest Gump, when Jenny is throwing rocks at her fathers house ("Sometimes there just arn't enough rocks..."), when L. Dan and Forrest is in the hotel room with the two girls and when Forrest is talking at the end ("He's so smart, Jenny). The whole film is just generally so sad but so happy :(

Requiem For A Dream, when the woman is having shock treatment. I cannot watch that film ever again because it's so horrible and...I just can't describe it.

The Lion King, obviously when his dad dies, and when he's talking with his dad's spirit in the clouds.

The end of every LOTR film, and when Sam is making a speech in TTT ("But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow." I love Sam's speeches <3:

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

The end of every LOTR film, and when Sam is making a speech in TTT ("But we are. It's like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn't want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it's only a passing thing, this shadow." I love Sam's speeches <3:

Probably my favorite quote ever, though you cut off the end. "A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why. But I think, Mr. Frodo, I do understand. I know now. Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back, only they didn't. They kept going. Because they were holding on to something...That there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo...And it's worth fighting for."

Boromir's death...? Eh, I never like Boromir until he dies. Gandalf's fall, even though he doesn't really die, is sadder in my opinion. :|

Of course the end of RotK is sad. The scenes on the side of Mount Doom (Do you remember the taste of strawberries?) and the Grey Havens (Not all tears are an evil), especially.

Blargh, I don't watch enough movies to think of anything else. I suppose any time anyone "good" dies is pretty sad.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Requiem For A Dream, when the woman is having shock treatment. I cannot watch that film ever again because it's so horrible and...I just can't describe it.

I thought the white guy's fate was the worst. Having your arm chopped off and your girlfriend leave you and having sex with other people for drugs... damn.

Best movie seen for me?

We were soldiers, Was powerful, left with my eyes teary and head held high proud to be an american.

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

I thought the white guy's fate was the worst. Having your arm chopped off and your girlfriend leave you and having sex with other people for drugs... damn.

Oh yeah, and that...

BoXRwtv.png

YZF63wJ.png

youknowhowilovemygeekyandnerdyguys-1.png

I'm not American and I don't really care about baseball but you can't beat the speech by Lou Gehrig (Gary Cooper) from Pride of the Yankees.

[yt]HbNrCxqxzgo[/yt]

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

im really not into romantic movies, but i liked atonement, and the ending was super sad :(

UZp6G.png

32,606th to 99 magic || 15,388th to 99 dungeoneering || 12,647th to 99 farming

14,792nd to 99 range || 24,954th to 99 herblore