Sims 3

RayOxide

I'm kinda sure there was a thread on this but i think its been bumped back to obvlivion. (No not that games thread.. Just a saying)

Ending the pun..

Released in just around 2 weeks now, anyone planning on getting, anyone pre-ordered?

Further yet, does anyone even think this will be the best so far, or did the original sims capture people more?

I'm thinking they're kinda going overboard a bit, not everyone has a great computer to hold all this, which Im guessing (with no proof) is probably 1.6x (or more) the size of the original sims, and obviously needs much better accessories. (graphics card etc -.-)

Hoping I can get it and it works with my computer ok, I expect it will.

I heard it has online features too lol. Might have some kind of proper chat thing to friends over the seas?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the Sims.

Could have been good, it's fun to build a house and then make people do rediculous stuff.

The problem is, you spend most of the series making Bob go to the bathroom. Plus, often the family will refuse to do what you tell them.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

Brad I know i said it was coming out in 2 weeks O_o.

Dizzle you seem to be failing at the sims if they dont do what you tell them to :P

Ha, true. I don't think I've ever had a serious problem with disobeying sims.

I don't know if I will get the game. I would like to, of course, but I don't know if my computer can handle it.

From what I've seen on the site, really it just looks like a more in-dept version of Sims 2 with a serious graphics upgrade. I wont be buying it, would require to many upgrades for my computer and Sims 2 does me fine anyway.

All I really do see different is the graphics, creating-sims option, and objects you can buy. But it has online.

I think it might be built in with pets

Offtopic: 3OH!3 suck :P

Didn't the creators say that "It will be able to run on your grandmother's PC"?

Anyways, I don't like the idea of making virtual people be successful and live out their lives when I could be doing that in Real Life.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

I heard they've started working on Sims 4 like... 2 months ago.

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

The original sims games captured me more

There was just something about the primitive graphics ( compared to modern day standard graphics ) and the old style that just made me play for hours.

Cant stand sims 2

But ofcourse, the original sims has its faults that i would love it so much more if it didnt have them, like sims getting stuck in doorways, or stuck in general, or cancelling what you tell them to do if they get blocked off lol.

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Not meaning to be rude or anything but...

calendar.png

Theres just under 6 weeks there :P

To stay on topic, I never really got into the sims. I just find games with no clear objective boring. Fair enough if people like that sort of stuff, but I like to have set targets to achieve.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other

Not meaning to be rude or anything but...

calendar.png

Theres just under 6 weeks there :P

To stay on topic, I never really got into the sims. I just find games with no clear objective boring. Fair enough if people like that sort of stuff, but I like to have set targets to achieve.

Sorry for some stupid reason I keep forgetting there's a May in 2009.

Didn't the creators say that "It will be able to run on your grandmother's PC"?

Anyways, I don't like the idea of making virtual people be successful and live out their lives when I could be doing that in Real Life.

Yeah, and they hope they stick to it, if they go overboard with crazy graphics, I'll cry. :(

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Probably not, it is fun for about an hour then I get bored

I have more fun building the house than using it, personally... :lol:

Probably going to wait for it to get cheaper though. Not something I want to spend $50 on.

Same, but I found an awesome house look and can't find another good look. :( So now I work on my big family, they own the largest house in Pleasantview and have gone through 3 or 4 generations, the latest one is twins, one of the twins being an alien. ;)

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

No money cheats on Sims 3, pl0x. Kinda ruined my playing when I noticed that I can get cash by simply typing a word in the console. #-o

Don't know will I get Sims 3, though, I probably rate BioShock 2 over it. And I still have some things to do on Sims 2. ::'

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I'm gonna get this for sure. I've been a fan since the original Sims and got all the expansion too :mrgreen: (5 generations, several divorce and abduction, a couple of grizzly deaths and vampires).

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

That's pretty epic, Lady

Personally I just put the anti aging cheat off and do what I like :P

Seriously, the only reason people play sims games is to seal them in a room with no walls and watch them drown in their own urine. Or set them on fire, after selling the telephone. Or deleting the toilet. And the fridge.

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

2Xeo5.png

I want too, but I could JUST play Sims 2. So i might need to get a whole new laptop to play Sims 3 :ohnoes:

Pgkhqob.jpg

Proud Tip.It Moderator December 07 - October 2009
Proud TETAU Member 2006 - 2007 <3
"I had a standing agreement with god. I'd agree to believe in him, barely, so long as he let me sleep in on Sundays." - Rose Hathaway
[ Posting & You ] [ Forum Rules ] [ Next Tetau Event ]

Seriously, the only reason people play sims games is to seal them in a room with no walls and watch them drown in their own urine. Or set them on fire, after selling the telephone. Or deleting the toilet. And the fridge.

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

After a while of playing the sims normally, I have to admit that I made fire buyable in the catalogue, then picked up random NPCs, shoved them into a boxed off room and set them on fire. Was funny.