Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never done any weightlifting, all my workouts are free-weight. Pull-ups, push-ups, angled push-ups, variety of sit-ups, sprints, and distance running.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Does anyone here deadlift? They're my favourite heavy lift, benchpress is overrated, it's not terribly functional.

I love dead lift. I max over 2x my weight with trap bars, and I have a BMI of 22. Work out at the gym a lot after I get home from work. Lifting index of 4.9, not bad for how tall and lanky I am :lol:

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I lift the darkness of night off of one side of the world and throw it to the other once a day.

Actually, I get most of my exercise from the variety of farm work I do on a daily basis. If I do workout it's often incline pushups, chinups, situps, and any other "ups" I can create. I believe my weightset is missing most of the weights (likely used them as counterweights for machinery), so I make due with what I have.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Lot of my workout comes from just hiking about and walking, navigating the land and going for long long walks into the wilderness.

The last time I was in a gym was about 6 months ago and I remember being able to do 180 lbsx10 reps for bench press.

I used to have extremely strong legs when I was younger from running, but over time and lack of exercise I could only do 200 lbs x8 on leg press (sort of like a reverse squat, I just call it a leg press I'm not sure if anyone else does).

For biceps I would do barbell curls and I usually do about 120-130 for reps of 6 (two arms, duh, barbell).

About it really...I haven't worked my shoulders since I was 12 and it shows... I can only do like 50 lbs shoulder pressing...they're very very weak.

A lot of my body doesn't get any work at all, such as my forearms...Honestly how the hell do you work them? I've just let them grow naturally and they're really really weak, too, sometimes when I lift the bar I wonder if they're going to snap. :roll:

I don't know what I weigh, but last time I checked I was 5'6" and 120 lbs (my bones are very thin). I used to be really self concious about my weight, being so small, but my dad was like that too and then all of a sudden when he hit 30 his metabolism slowed right down. I once visited a doc about it and he said that I just had a really really high metabolism; I'm the guy that can eat a whole pizza and loose a pound the next day :roll:

No idea... 60kg maybe in bench? I have no idea really... Never tried maxing.

182cm, 83kg.

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

Wait, a machine that gives you the same work-out as a weighted squat (as in, you extend your legs while they take the pressure of weight) is nowhere near as difficult, right? Since you don't have to stabilize or anything.

What would, say, 380 pounds on a machine equate to?

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

All depends on the machine and how its laid out, for simplicity sake its all relative anyway. I've been on machines and only able to do 20-30 lbs under what I could on the other machine ... a friend in the military once told me that if I do work out then not to regulate my workouts; just work out. Work out till your muscles fail and dont count. I think thats what worked for him, though I got better results from not doing that

All depends on the machine and how its laid out, for simplicity sake its all relative anyway. I've been on machines and only able to do 20-30 lbs under what I could on the other machine ... a friend in the military once told me that if I do work out then not to regulate my workouts; just work out. Work out till your muscles fail and dont count. I think thats what worked for him, though I got better results from not doing that

That's how I do my pushups when I do workout. Continue until utter exhaustion, take a 20 second break and then continue. Do this for 3-5 sets. I can't imagine it would work for everyone though, with different body types. One friend of mine works out (a lot) and he does specific amounts rather than until exhaustion. I think he does a lot of pyramid sets as well (both normal and reverse).

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

As I'm a semi-pro high jumper the max results are not exactly part of my program, but this is what I've reached with my training.

Clean: 92,5kg = 204lbs

Jerk: 80kg = 176 lbs

Snatch: 65kg = 143lbs (I hate that)

Press: 75kg = 165lbs (useless factor anyway)

Squat: 95kg = 209lbs (never tried max, should get like 15kg more)

Most of my weigh-training consists of jumps from half-squat (up to 130kg) and snatches. Plus of course some high jump-specific exercises.

Oh and I'm 20 years old, 1.91 (6'3") tall and 81kg (179lbs).

Cydoor.png

"Yeh I probably could bench 10 reps of 90kg, but I don't see the point as my pecks are already massive enough"

:lol:

I have trouble lifting a bottle of water. That's like 20lbs. *flexes*

I thought you got off on pain. :?

Im with lateralus, latios, and laura.

Wow people really started posting w00t :lol:

Today I failed at 175 for power cleans. My technique goes to [cabbage] when I try heavier weight #-o

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Always seems like theres two types of lifters. Lean ones with lots of reps and the strong big guys for strength :|

I think i'm in the middle :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Yea actually. How do you improve jumping besides squats and cleans? I wanna dunk next year haha. And um my shoulders dont have meat on em how do I gain muscle on them?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Take every number you see here and lower it by 10% (all numbers are embellished by 5% minimum).

Unless you really think that person's a chronic liar, then try around 50%.

Me, uh, I do six sets of eight doing 205 with squats, so my max is maybe 225 or 235? And I havn't benched in a year+, and the last time I did I was doing 140, so I guess I'm at 160ish now. I'm more of a core guy, never been one with great pecs. Which saddens me because the pecs, albeit an extremely, extremely useless muscle, are an important part of the ideal male physique in this day and age >_>.

Str is for wussies... All about agility.

Man(d)stands. Parkour, da shizzle. Flag poles.

But erm? I dont go to the gym or anything, So I just work running, Press-ups and sit-ups .

If such wussies could beat the ever living [cabbage] out of you, what does that make you?

And don't tell me you could actually run away. Parkour is only useful in urban environments, and beyond that, most people who say they practice parkour really suck at it. Consequently, I doubt you are skilled enough for it to be any kind of useful.

That's why tricking/acrobatic martial arts is so much better and awesomer. I can do a level-ground back flip. What can a parkour practicioner do? Jump over a three foot tall barrier. Ooooh. Scary.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

That's why tricking/acrobatic martial arts is so much better and awesomer. I can do a level-ground back flip. What can a parkour practicioner do? Jump over a three foot tall barrier. Ooooh. Scary.

HOLY [cabbage] I WISH I COULD DO THAT. I want to just be able to do a backflip so bad. But I can't. Anyways, I should have lied. I don't have any real life pictures or anything. I bet I could get away with benching 500 pounds per finger, like a kid I know's father.

I think I'm gonna start working out with my dad this summer, just to build muscle. I toned it during track, but what use is toning when there's next to nothing to tone DAMMIT. If I was a midget I'd be chiseled, but now I'm just lanky. Really not cool bro.

Ah, whatever. I can build a fence. I'm manly enough for myself.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

6'2' 190lbs

Don't know about anything but my squat, which is at least 300, although I do consider my upper body quite weak.

Like k1 said though, strength isn't everything when it comes to practical use, I'd say most of it is execution, especially with sports. Also, I don't actually workout, although I do plan on starting sometime very soon.

That's what I've been saying for a few months now :lol:

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

I have twitch muscles in the upper body, just can't get them to gain more mass(they will get more firm though), while my legs are the complete opposite.

Height: 5' 3''

Body weight: 115 - 120 pounds

leg strength: 400 - 500 pounds

Arm strength: 40 - 80 pounds(well toned though)

Lung Strength: 1.5 miles before running out of breath or near 2 minutes underwater

Endurance: Able to withstand a 3-hour hardcore workout session without running out of breath

and also without feeling like I'm made out of jelly.

- note: the above is unrestricted strength mode only since it is quite dangerous to always be training like that.

Sometimes I go on these month long training binges where I'll start out with a base number of pushups, squats, situps, jumping jacks, and punches and I'll double them at the end of every week. During these sessions I'll be using 10lb hand weights. I also have these nice 5lb leg weights that I wear everyday for the entire day, taking them off only when going to bed.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

Arm strength: 40 - 80 pounds(well toned though)

Well, at least you're honest.

Lung Strength: 1.5 miles before running out of breath or near 2 minutes underwater

Endurance: Able to withstand a 3-hour hardcore workout session without running out of breath

and also without feeling like I'm made out of jelly.

Then it wasn't very hardcore. Especially considering you can't make it two miles without collapsing.

Sometimes I go on these month long training binges where I'll start out with a base number of pushups, squats, situps, jumping jacks, and punches and I'll double them at the end of every week. During these sessions I'll be using 10lb hand weights. I also have these nice 5lb leg weights that I wear everyday for the entire day, taking them off only when going to bed.

Stop taking advice from Dragon Ball Z. chers.com.au/util/art/index_art.aspx?art_id=30861&tabnum=1&sc=3040&subnav=Making+Fitness+Work+for+You]That [cabbage] doesn't work. (8) It's not heavy enough to have any real benefit; all it does is shorten your workout and mess up your rhythm.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.