Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, I'm incredibly weak at weightlifting in general. At age 15 and 160 lbs and 5'10" I can only bench 65lbs and leg-press 120. Although my calfs (calves?) are pretty beastly compared to most of my friends, I can calf-lift 140lbs. Although that's probably because I'm so big that my calfs need extra strength to keep my body upright. I'm not sure if 140 is impressive, but I think it's the closest thing I'll ever get to feeling buff.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

As long as you work at it and eat right anyone can be strong. Weird thing today. Went to squat and I hit 275 lbs even though I only maxed 225. I think there is a strong difference between free squat and the machine. Am I right?

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

I went to the gym today and surprised myself; I can't bench worth anything anymore ...only 150lbs for barely 10 reps.

Though, for whatever reason my biceps are a lot stronger and I maxed 145lbs for barbell curls (x4).

Strange, you'd think my chest would get worked out with my biceps ...maybe it's from holding cameras and heavy lenses really steady all the time. Who knows?

I also weigh 118 now. I've been in pretty rough shape and am about to hit the highway to travel to ...god knows where, anywhere away from this place. I haven't eaten in about three days from stress and recalculating my finances to get ready to hit the road.

I've seen some pretty heavy guys that can't lift worth a damn and some very lightweight guys (an old karate sensei I had; christ what a TANK...but he had a beer belly and was very thin in the shoulders and chest...still he showed me this techique where he punched a wall and it shuddered the whole room!)

I'll leave einstein to figure out the theory of relativity, though, just goes to show your age/weight/look/size/bulk ratio doesn't necessarily have anything to do with how strong you are or how strong you can be.

I remember hearing a quote somewhere that in terms of mind over matter you only use about 50% of your capable strength with regular, fairly intensive lifting. When you really apply the focus of your mind do you bring out the other 50%. I think I saw that on the show "World's strongest man" where these MASSIVE guys lift incredible weights in this endurance race..anyway just giving this thread more fuel for thought.

Always seems like theres two types of lifters. Lean ones with lots of reps and the strong big guys for strength :|

I think i'm in the middle :lol:

I'm definitely the lean one with lots of reps, but lately when i've been lifting i've been doing higher weight lower reps. My high reps come in things like pull ups and push ups. As for my irl strength levels:

Weight: 145 lbs

Height: 5'9

Bench: 1 rep max is 215 lbs

Squat: N/A (I broke my ankle and foor in december and my leg strengths are all messed up now)

Pull ups: 25 full consecutive pull ups

Pushups: never really maxed out but I'm pretty sure I could last a long long time

I really wish the gym i went to had a power clean...but it doesn't.

I've been lifting (and swimming) consistently for the past few years, so I've gotten pretty cut, yet strong for a 145 lb'er

All the hard work definitely pays off too ;)

Does anyone have an opinion on free weights and machine based?

Free weights are better.

You need to use fine muscles to keep yourself stabilized--

With a machine, rubber and metal take on the stress that would otherwise have been felt by the flesh.

But I don't want to go among mad people!

Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here..."

My maxes(Best ever)

Power Clean: 160

Bench: 225

Squat: 280

5'6" 160 lbs 6% body fat, age 16 :)

I have a long way to go, I'm ashamed that I haven't fulfilled my potential.

Luckily, this shame is my drive for improvement,

You will earn my gratitude if you pick one thing about my post above which you would like me to change and send it to me in a private message.

My maxes(Best ever)

pics? no homo but 6% is impressive *IF* it's true

My maxes(Best ever)

I'm around that body fat as well, and i could prove it with pics 8-)

It's honestly not hard to stay in shape with daily workouts and good eating habbits

My maxes(Best ever)

Ha, I know a guy that was 3% body fat in his legs last year. They couldn't even get it on his arm, he's ridiculous. He doesn't weigh very much though, he's just solid muscle.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I will be updating this as time goes along. Will become sort of a blog? :D

So, tell me. Do you lift? What's your maxes? Just anything weights associated <3:

About me:

Well I've been lifting a few months now and i'm really seeing results. My strength and weight has gone up and you know, Muscle \:D/

So far i'm at:

Power Clean: 165

Bench: 185

Squat: 225 - LEAVE ME ALONE. I'm tall. -.-

These are what I HAVE gotten. NOT my guesses. I lift everyday except weekends.

And i'm 6'2 155 Lbs. 8-)

You're almost identical to me, I run a lot more, and lift less, but I can do about the same as you, and I'm an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter. :D

I'm 5'10" 170 at the moment, been lifting CONSISTANTLY for a few months. I used to work out very inconsistent for about a year before.

Bench: I rep my body weight, I haven't done my max yet though.

Squat: I'm repping around 250-265, no max here either.

Deadlift: 300, for 2-5 so my max is probably around 315-320.

Can't wait to get stronger.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

You're almost identical to me, I run a lot more, and lift less, but I can do about the same as you, and I'm an inch shorter and ten pounds lighter.

Yeah. I've seem to hit a roadblock though. Maxes aren't getting up much except for squat.

Does anyone have an opinion on free weights and machine based?

Free weights are better.

You need to use fine muscles to keep yourself stabilized--

With a machine, rubber and metal take on the stress that would otherwise have been felt by the flesh.

I meant are they harder\easier?

My maxes(Best ever)

Jeez wtf is with your cleans? That should be your shame right there! Sorry haha <3 :roll:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

It's honestly not hard to stay in shape with daily workouts and good eating habbits

But 6% is low, moving towards unhealthy. I'm about 9-10% with a six pack, still got some fat on my lower stomach (and I suppose everyewhere else) but that's only healthy.

But I would venture to say that 6% and lower is hard, bar those with anorexia. If you can look/be healthy and hover around those low numbers, kudos to you I guess.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Well, a bowflex or something is nice, but you could just get some free weights. They aren't that expensive, but if you buy a whole lot you'd be just as well off buying a real Bowflex.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I was jw, but does anyone know some ways to gain upperbody bulk at home w/o a Bowflex-esque machine?

Push-ups?

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

No one I know uses a bowflex lol... Tbh if you really want results just put in work for a long time. The old fashioned way -.-

Gmeshsig2.jpg

No one I know uses a bowflex lol... Tbh if you really want results just put in work for a long time. The old fashioned way -.-

the in work was what i was wondering about. My mom wont let me get anything except barbells so what else can i do at home

But 6% is low, moving towards unhealthy. I'm about 9-10% with a six pack, still got some fat on my lower stomach (and I suppose everyewhere else) but that's only healthy.

But I would venture to say that 6% and lower is hard, bar those with anorexia. If you can look/be healthy and hover around those low numbers, kudos to you I guess.

Well by saying 'around' that i literally mean what i say. I eat A LOT, and vary my diet with high protein, fruits, vegetables, even ocassional junk food, and even beer on the weekends (very high in calories) :-#

But when it comes to working out, I often will lift after school, and swim at night...I even have a sauna which is very relaxing and i guess that could burn off some fat. I dunno my excact current body fat but i know it's very healthy