Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sort of mixed feelings about squat technique. No way I could do what I do (220+) going all the way down but equally by doing weights like that I can lift a hell of a lot more going all the way down than I used to be able to. I think sometimes you've just gotta rack the weight up even if your form isn't perfect to get that deep muscle growth.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Any of you guys taking supplements?

Been on some pretty [cabbage] stuff till now, it's cheap but there's no great results from it. As soon as I get my summer job, I'm doing 3 months on the BSN mass stack (It's 3 different supplements, 2 of which are meant to be done on 3 month cycles, the 3rd item is only effective if taken with the other 2) and I'm thinking Optimum Nutrition Gold X for my protein, seems pretty good, both Whey and Casein in each serving meaning the Whey is quick release while the Casein is slowly released hours after the workout.

Any recommendations on supplements?

And yes, I'd call a "max" a single rep of the highest you can do, usually if you can do a 2nd or a 3rd rep, you should be able to throw 5-10 extra on to it and do 1 of that.

Supplement wise, I'd think just whey protein, C, B, glucosamine and a multi would do you. I honestly think these packages are a waste of money. That extra money you are spending translates to time you could be spending in the gym.

SoLawny.png

Yup its $10 for 2.25 LBS. Is above average for results too. Only others i can think of are like GNC $80 types but... $80 :shock:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

I have sort of mixed feelings about squat technique. No way I could do what I do (220+) going all the way down but equally by doing weights like that I can lift a hell of a lot more going all the way down than I used to be able to. I think sometimes you've just gotta rack the weight up even if your form isn't perfect to get that deep muscle growth.

ATG is a good indicator imo. The hardest you can go to. Heavy days are only good if you go all out, not half reps. Its like those kids "benching" 3 plates but all they do is the 3 inch ROM.

I love my $10 wal-mart protein! \'

$10? Really?

That's what I'm getting then!

I use CytoSport. Ive tried the Walmart brands and they taste like [cabbage]. Cookies and Cream CytoSport 100% Pre Digested Whey = omnomnomnomnomnomnom.

12 years old, 105 pounds.

I bench 80 ._____.

I squat 120..

Weak? ._.

Well, you're little. But you've barely hit puberty. Remember that all of us have a good few years and most of us have about 50 pounds on you :lol:

I picked up our dryer today. I was mad because it shrunk a shirt. It was pretty cool. It isn't any more than 180 pounds, though.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

Any of you guys taking supplements?

Been on some pretty [cabbage] stuff till now, it's cheap but there's no great results from it. As soon as I get my summer job, I'm doing 3 months on the BSN mass stack (It's 3 different supplements, 2 of which are meant to be done on 3 month cycles, the 3rd item is only effective if taken with the other 2) and I'm thinking Optimum Nutrition Gold X for my protein, seems pretty good, both Whey and Casein in each serving meaning the Whey is quick release while the Casein is slowly released hours after the workout.

Any recommendations on supplements?

And yes, I'd call a "max" a single rep of the highest you can do, usually if you can do a 2nd or a 3rd rep, you should be able to throw 5-10 extra on to it and do 1 of that.

Supplement wise, I'd think just whey protein, C, B, glucosamine and a multi would do you. I honestly think these packages are a waste of money. That extra money you are spending translates to time you could be spending in the gym.

My job isn't so flexible I decide when I work and when I don't want to. I work 5 days a week and still get to the gym 4 days a week so it's perfect for me. I'll have a huge amount of money lying around so I don't care about the price if it's worth the tag, and the results I've seen from my 4 friends on the exact same thing speak for that. Not to mention my gym's supplement shop has the BSN mass-stack package at 30% off right now and 10Ib bags of ON Gold X to clear.

I bench 80 ._____.

I squat 120..

Weak? ._.

Dude you're 12, I didn't even know what a "Bench" or a "Squat" was back then, chill out and take it slow. You're only going to cause yourself back injuries and quite possibly deform your back if you start doing a lot of heavy weights now.

I bench 80 ._____.

I squat 120..

Weak? ._.

Umm... Wait till highschool before you worry lol.

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Well, after spending 60 euro on Nitrix by Bsn today, it turns out you're not supposed to drink alcohol while you're taking it, hopefully I can get my money back #-o

Body weight up to 190 now and got my bench up to 235, first time I've maxed in a while, took 4 attempts to get my arm fully straight :lol:

First time I was in the Gym over 2 hours for a while, it felt pretty damn good 8-)

I bench 80 ._____.

I squat 120..

Weak? ._.

Umm... Wait till highschool before you worry lol.

yeah its probably best to start weight lifting till you 14 or 15 because i started lifting heavy stuff at 12 and then i barely grew and inch since then

Mustangs407.png

My job isn't so flexible I decide when I work and when I don't want to. I work 5 days a week and still get to the gym 4 days a week so it's perfect for me. I'll have a huge amount of money lying around so I don't care about the price if it's worth the tag, and the results I've seen from my 4 friends on the exact same thing speak for that. Not to mention my gym's supplement shop has the BSN mass-stack package at 30% off right now and 10Ib bags of ON Gold X to clear.

[

I work 7 days a week. Training 4, game day 1, part time 3. No, that doesn't make 8 days. Monday is very light training in the afternoon, so I work in the mornings.

I do find it hard to believe that you have money lying around with nothing better to spend it on, I'm just pointing out the fact that if it costs you say, $130 more for a 3 week supply than just the basics, that's an extra 3 hours a week you could be spending in the gym, which I believe is more beneficial for you. Before I got my supplements for free, that's exactly what I did and it's what I'll go back to doing if I ever get delisted.

SoLawny.png

[

I work 7 days a week. Training 4, game day 1, part time 3. No, that doesn't make 8 days. Monday is very light training in the afternoon, so I work in the mornings.

I do find it hard to believe that you have money lying around with nothing better to spend it on, I'm just pointing out the fact that if it costs you say, $130 more for a 3 week supply than just the basics, that's an extra 3 hours a week you could be spending in the gym, which I believe is more beneficial for you. Before I got my supplements for free, that's exactly what I did and it's what I'll go back to doing if I ever get delisted.

Look, I'm putting this simply.

I work 5 days a week, a minimum of 9.30 till 6. When I get home, I go out with my friends, I'll usually be out till 12-1 so I can't work out when I'm home. On the 2 days a week I have off, I play golf to keep my handicap below 2 so I can keep my place on the state team.

My money, I have nothing better to spend it on than drink, smokes, clothes and nights out as I can't drive and I have everything else I pretty much want. Considering I'm already going out of my way to go to the gym 4 days a week (getting up 6.30 4 times a week), I want the best results for the limited time I have there, therefore I'm taking supplements and just so you know, in comparison to 4 days of supplements or going to the gym 5-6 times a week on standard Whey protein, I'm having better gains with the supplements.

I work a 40 hour a week, manage to get to the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours and maintain a social life, I'm really in no mood being told how to "improve" it when I'm quite happy with it and your "improvements" simply aren't feasible for most people.