Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so, I have the "equipment": a bag, and books; I can do weighed pushups and pretty much do dumbbell exercises, weighed squats/lunges; a chair so I can do incline/decline pushups, dips if necessary; a small cushion for when I'm doing crunches, it hurts my tailbone like a [bleep] otherwise. But I really don't know how often I should be working out, in how much pain i should be at the end of a session, and how I should separate sets. Also, do I really need protein shakes? I checked, and I get ~50 grams of protein everyday (I weigh 107 pounds).

Also, I found out why my chest wasn't hurting during pushups. My hands were too far in front.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Height : 5"9

weight: 324lbs

Body fat % : 15

My best Raw lifts. Only a belt.

Squat: 150kg (330lbs)

Dead: 200kg (440lbs)

Bench: 168kg (397lbs)

Best total achieved (equipped suits and wraps) :1485lbs(675kg)

OHP: 75kg (145lbs)

Front Squat: 65kg (130lbs)

Crap front swaut and OHP. Working up to a 200lb Military press by the end of this cycle.

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Well I finally just started an actual lifting routine 'bout 2 weeks ago and just started bulking this week. Goin for about 3500 cals a day lol. Hope I get a lot stronger on it. So far my stats are:

Squat: 140

Bench Press: 50

Deadlift: 95

Power Clean: 65

Standing Military Press: 45

Height: 6'1"

Weight: 135 lbs

Body Type: Skinny Fat

Pathetic, I know, but guess why people go to the gym? Well then...

What's a sig?

Okay, so, I have the "equipment": a bag, and books; I can do weighed pushups and pretty much do dumbbell exercises, weighed squats/lunges; a chair so I can do incline/decline pushups, dips if necessary; a small cushion for when I'm doing crunches, it hurts my tailbone like a [bleep] otherwise. But I really don't know how often I should be working out, in how much pain i should be at the end of a session, and how I should separate sets. Also, do I really need protein shakes? I checked, and I get ~50 grams of protein everyday (I weigh 107 pounds).

It's hard to say really with that kind of workout, but since you're unlikely to be able to get the weights especially heavy you could probably workout for three days then have a rest day, then another three days etc. Alternatively every other day is plenty adequete rest. The pain you're in at the end of a session sort of depends on your level. When I first started working out I could barely walk down stairs after my legs day, but now that I'm lifting a hell of a lot more my legs feel okay after a workout. Sore, yes, but not crippling.

Seperate sets based on how you feel. You could do circuit training with that kind of equipment, i.e. do a set of dips, then squats, then crunches, then pressups with no rest in between since each exercise is working a different muscle group. This works cardio nicely into it. Time in between sets is a personal preference, the heavier the weight the longer you want to leave in between each set. For your workout you can probably get away with minimal rest to increase the intensity.

As for your diet, I wouldn't bother with protein shakes at the moment but equally don't expect to bulk up that much if you're getting ~0.5g of protein per lb of bodyweight. A can of tuna a day on top of your current diet would bring your total damn close to "bulking" levels or just drink more milk since it's easily digested and probably better than steroids for a new lifter. 3

P.S. Don't do situps/crunches, do these http://stronglifts.com/the-reverse-crun ... -pack-abs/

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Crap front swaut and OHP. Working up to a 200lb Military press by the end of this cycle.

I'm amazed at those stats. I'm also [bleep]ing amazed that you bench 70 pounds more than you squat- I squat twice what I bench. You play football or something?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm amazed at those stats. I'm also [bleep]ing amazed that you bench 70 pounds more than you squat- I squat twice what I bench. You play football or something?

I'm [bleep]ing amazed that he's 5'9" and 324lbs, at only 15% body fat... :shock:

I think I need a pic of this.....

mbqyk3.gif

I'm [bleep]ing amazed that he's 5'9" and 324lbs, at only 15% body fat... :shock:

I think I need a pic of this.....

I find it hard to believe more than anything...

Dang.

How did you get your body fat tested? (Just curious)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Dang.

I've used these crazy hightech scales that send an electric current through your body and calculates stuff like that for you. You have to be bare feet to use it, but I doubt it's accurate. I've been really cut since the beginning of the summer, but I doubt HALF my body weight is pure muscle :lol:

The classic method requires measuring your body at like 10 different spots, and doing crazy calculations &t.

hiccup.png

Dang.

I've used these crazy hightech scales that send an electric current through your body and calculates stuff like that for you. You have to be bare feet to use it, but I doubt it's accurate. I've been really cut since the beginning of the summer, but I doubt HALF my body weight is pure muscle :lol:

The classic method requires measuring your body at like 10 different spots, and doing crazy calculations &t.

I got mine measured by forceps, or something like that and it squeezed certain types of my body and calculated the force or something like that.

You could probably find it if you look on the Bodyfat wiki page.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

i use a seven site skinfold caliper, but the last BF test that i did was using a bodpod. If you use a tatiana scale they are incredibly inaccurate. I used to play Rugby, i was right prop for about 2 years but i got into powerlifting and i've just fallen in love with it.

lemme take a pic and ill post it up.

18k7pu.jpg

The Iron never lies to you. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds.

Thanks a lot, assassin. I really appreciate it. :)

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

about 5 years in the gym logged about 5000 hours in the gym, an hour everyday without fail probably about anopther 1000 hours for cardio aswell.

[hide=]2cesnis.jpg[/hide]

i'm hoping for a 1500lbs total for this time next year.

18k7pu.jpg

I'm always fighting my genetics....I've been going pretty regularly for 2 years now. Went from a skinnyfat to being pretty damn in shape. Still have little bit of the "ring of saturn" of fat to get rid of...more concerned on getting bigger though.

Sadly I don't have any training partners, all my friends are lazy....I chest press 75lb dumbbells pretty easily (generally 12 reps, then 8, then 6 at this point in order) so whatever that translates into.

Metal fans, check out my band!

Poopingman.png

Still the King....

about 5 years in the gym logged about 5000 hours in the gym, an hour everyday without fail probably about anopther 1000 hours for cardio aswell.

[hide=]2cesnis.jpg[/hide]

i'm hoping for a 1500lbs total for this time next year.

That crotchshot was unnecessary.

mbqyk3.gif

I would not have a clue, I don't get to the gym enough lol. I'd like to think I am reasonable strong, If I trained a little more...

I may go to the gym soon, so Il update if I do some bench presses. We don't generally do all this other lifting stuff where I live...

rosssigfinal.jpg

I'm level 3 [fat]

:(

I presume weightlifting isn't too good for losing weight ...

That would be running and circuit stuff right ?

It's more about what you eat, actually. Exercise is a good add-on.

Weightlifting and cardio both burn fat, cardio just burns more.

I'm 15 years old and weigh about 66kg. I can lift 120kg with ease. Thats the most I ever tried, but i'm sure I can lift more if I wanted.

At 66kg you can bench 120 kg easily, maxing higher? Do you have any fat or core or leg muscle...? Or are you talking a out squats?

I'm just curious. I can't even bench my own weight, and I'm not a twig.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Yeah that's probably squats...

• 1 month later...

you guys might not beleive but these are my maxes from when i went to a high school footbaal try outs btw im 14 and in middle school and im 5'5 138 pounds

bench:180

squat:165(my coach says id be able to squat better if i had better techniche and stop putting all the weight on my back since im realy fast and have lots of leg strenth)

clean:never done that

Just started high school as a freshman still 14 these are my new maxes:

Weight:149

Height:5'6

Body fat:11.3%

Birthday:11-23-94

Bench press:205

Squat:275

Power clean:160

Inline bench:170

40M:5.09

Got to work on my 40 haven't ran in a while though but i can get at least a 4.9

I have one of the best power indexes for true freshmens in my high school

Power index:4.26

Im hoping by the end of freshman year i can pass 4.6

And by senoir year im 5.3

Mustangs407.png

I never did bench presses until last month and I must say... people who can bench their own weight is a lot more impressive than I first thought. I'm not sure, but I think I'm around the 50kg (without bar, whatever) mark. My friend says that the AVERAGE strength of people is that they can bench their own weight... but I dunno. I do chinups fairly easily, which I personally believe requires a lot more upper body strength, but I can't bench 3/4 of my weight.

hiccup.png