Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

th_183426.jpg

Bad pic of biceps actually, when I flex in front of the mirror I think they look photoshoped even. :ohnoes:

-Sorry about the grainy abs pic to.

First pic: arms are super thin.

Second pic: big biceps.

Benefit of doubt: the picture's really bad.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got a picture of me deadlifting.

355 lbs

steven355deadlift.jpg

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Well Questions. I've been TRYING alot these past 3 months to tone my god damn stomach and eventually get my way towards 6 pack but heres the problem. I've NEVER done any form of work out before, I do not know what the hell a "rep/repetition" is nor a way to efficiently tone up. 3 months now and I have barely seen any progress in my stomach, only my arms and legs/thighs. what the heck do I do? Im at 5'9" and weigh 72kg at 19 if that makes ANY help.

I dont care if I have to cut back on eating habits (which is usually 400ml of coke a day due to some unusual habit of getting thirsty alot and go for the coldest thing near me), push myself beyond limits etc. I've got free GYM access but no trainers to help me so im kinda solo.

Popoto.~<3

Well Questions. I've been TRYING alot these past 3 months to tone my god damn stomach and eventually get my way towards 6 pack but heres the problem. I've NEVER done any form of work out before, I do not know what the hell a "rep/repetition" is nor a way to efficiently tone up. 3 months now and I have barely seen any progress in my stomach, only my arms and legs/thighs. what the heck do I do? Im at 5'9" and weigh 72kg at 19 if that makes ANY help.

I dont care if I have to cut back on eating habits (which is usually 400ml of coke a day due to some unusual habit of getting thirsty alot and go for the coldest thing near me), push myself beyond limits etc. I've got free GYM access but no trainers to help me so im kinda solo.

Stop drinking soda. If you're thirsty, drink water. Eat better too, exercising is only half the battle, you need to eat right too.

You need to lower your bodyfat percentage if you want to have visible abs, and you also need to do ab isolation exercises if all you're going for is abs.

Situps, crunches, heavy squats and deadlifts, captain's chairs, whatever.

A repetition is just how many times you perform a certain exercise, for example 15 situp reps would be doing 15 situps. a set is a fixed amount of reps. 3 sets of 10 reps, 4 sets of 20 reps, etc etc

Do Starting Strength if you're looking to pack on some muscle all over yer body.

Thing is, im not trying to buff up. Im trying to get a more slim body then the next Arnold Schwarzenegger body since thats just how my body structure is.

Images as example:

Slim body like this:

[hide=]surferdude-medium.jpg[/hide]

NOT the body I want:

[hide=]body_builder_7sfw.gif[/hide]

Popoto.~<3

Is weight training part of gym class in America? Everyone seems to know what they can lift. I've never done a squat in my life.

Lol same.

I don't even understand what have these terms refer too and I have never even touched a weight in my life.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Is weight training part of gym class in America? Everyone seems to know what they can lift. I've never done a squat in my life.

Lol same.

I don't even understand what have these terms refer too and I have never even touched a weight in my life.

In order for you to graduate from high school, most (see: most, not all) United States high schools require you to complete 1-2 years of some physical education class.

At my school, you had to do at least two years. You also had the option to substitute this with sports (so, if you were on the football team/cheerleading squad, etc., you weren't required to do extra classes.)

A lot of high schools offer weight-lifting classes.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Lol same.

In order for you to graduate from high school, most (see: most, not all) United States high schools require you to complete 1-2 years of some physical education class.

At my school, you had to do at least two years. You also had the option to substitute this with sports (so, if you were on the football team/cheerleading squad, etc., you weren't required to do extra classes.)

A lot of high schools offer weight-lifting classes.

We HAVE to do PE here.

But that still doesn't mean we get anywhere near weights.

It means doing badminton, rounders, cricket, football, cross country and the like

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

At secondary school you had 5 years of compulsory P.E (you had to do it every year), but for the last two years you could opt for GCSE, which would give you 2 Practical lessons and a theory per week. Part of this was Circuit training and weight lifting.

I have no idea what I can bench (it wont be much). I'm pretty slim, I'm about 5 foot 11 inches and weigh roughly 130-140 pounds (pretty sure it's on the lower end of that). I reckon 100 pounds would probably be too much, but I dont go to a gym or do much training, and since I dont get in fights or do martial arts, I do not need to gain a lot of muscle :)

I have a really "toned" 6-pack, and I drink anywhere from 2-5 pepsi's a day.

My ab workouts consist of knee-ups, crunches, sit-ups, and a machine that holds my legs in place and I do sit ups with 35lb dumbells

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

My ab workouts consist of knee-ups, crunches, sit-ups, and a machine that holds my legs in place and I do sit ups with 35lb dumbells

This sounds good for anyone trying to get a 6 pack (or you can sharpie one in, it's the same effect).

20 more LBS and I can bench my own weight :thumbsup:

hiccup.png

355 lbs

steven355deadlift.jpg

I'm not a pro or anything, but it really looks like you're bending your back there. that or it's the picture, it's hard to make out

E:

From what I've heard abs are some workout, and a lot of diet. Looking at what you want to become you should read this, I found it helpful to have it simplified. But the eat every 2 - 3 hours thing is mostly so you actually eat the amount you need, instead of eating 3 times a day and not being able to eat everything.

http://goonlifter.wikispaces.com/Alfalfa%27s+Nutrition%2C+Rest%2C+and+Supplement+Beginner+Guide

yes.png

Thing is, im not trying to buff up. Im trying to get a more slim body then the next Arnold Schwarzenegger body since thats just how my body structure is.

Images as example:

Slim body like this:

[hide=]surferdude-medium.jpg[/hide]

NOT the body I want:

[hide=]body_builder_7sfw.gif[/hide]

Okay, the second body takes years and years and years of training, and possibly steroids.

Just because you lift weights doesn't mean you'll get monster massive, there's nothing wrong with having lean muscle all over your body, but you'll probably never have obscene amounts like that guy.

But it's your body, you don't need to lift weights if you don't want to. if all you want is abs, go for it.

Last time I maxed out was before summer started

Bench: 185

Hex: 305

Squat: 185 (not the best knees)

Clean & Jerk: 155

Curl: 105

Total: 935

Haven't really been lifting for long, gunna start back up here soon (had football and didn't want to die of tiredness)

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

I can bench like 120 (maybe a little less) and I weigh about 140. I think I'm strong enough to bench 140 or maybe more, but I've injured both my shoulders and they hurt a lot if I do to many reps or too much weight.

Anyways, I know a guy who benches 350 pounds. Ridiculous, right?

Not really, I know a guy who bench 375lb and is probably at 400 now without steroids

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

355 lbs

steven355deadlift.jpg

I'm not a pro or anything, but it really looks like you're bending your back there. that or it's the picture, it's hard to make out

E:

From what I've heard abs are some workout, and a lot of diet. Looking at what you want to become you should read this, I found it helpful to have it simplified. But the eat every 2 - 3 hours thing is mostly so you actually eat the amount you need, instead of eating 3 times a day and not being able to eat everything.

http://goonlifter.wikispaces.com/Alfalfa%27s+Nutrition%2C+Rest%2C+and+Supplement+Beginner+Guide

I can bench like 120 (maybe a little less) and I weigh about 140. I think I'm strong enough to bench 140 or maybe more, but I've injured both my shoulders and they hurt a lot if I do to many reps or too much weight.

Anyways, I know a guy who benches 350 pounds. Ridiculous, right?

Not really, I know a guy who bench 375lb and is probably at 400 now without steroids

@Bloodstain, It looks like that because the person took the picture as I was putting it down. and I wasnt bending as much as it looks like i was in the pic.

@Skull, Ive been taking weightlifting for 3 semesters (freshy year and now) and my friend in 1st semester freshy year was benching 375. He was effing HUGE. he was only a sophomore, but hes a farm boy and has been working out his entire life. its seriously amazing.

Height- 6'4

Weight- 190 LBS

BF%- 4%

Benchpress- 3 Rep 275LBS

Deadlift- 400LBS(Havent ever needed to pass this. However, I could.0

Squat - Unsure (Should be in the high 300LBS to low 400LBS)

Standing Bicep Curl(One handed)- Max- Undetermined. Rep Weight- 45LBS

Offnote-

The body in the first picture can be obtained in a few months with proper diet and carb cycling.

Height- 6'4

Weight- 190 LBS

BF%- 4%

Benchpress- 3 Rep 275LBS

Deadlift- 400LBS(Havent ever needed to pass this. However, I could.0

Squat - Unsure (Should be in the high 300LBS to low 400LBS)

Standing Bicep Curl(One handed)- Max- Undetermined. Rep Weight- 45LBS

Offnote-

The body in the first picture can be obtained in a few months with proper diet and carb cycling.

How long you been lifting? Also what was your lifting plan for your bench and hex? I want to get my hex up to 400 lbs and my bench to 300....

[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png

grammar2gr8dx.png

I want to get bigger but I have very limited resources (two 5 lb. weights, two 2.5 lb. weights, and a bar with i dunno how much weight).

So my question is, if every night I consistenly do push ups, tricep dips, and curls with the weights mentioned above, will I have something to show for Spring? And how much/little would you guess?

Edit- oh and I already have strong legs and a strong stomach, I just want bigger arms.

Most likely not. I've gotten some results doing pull-ups daily, but I also curl bench and squat twice a week, so that's more likely where those are coming from. I'm not even close to an expert though, someone else can give you better information.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I want to get bigger but I have very limited resources (two 5 lb. weights, two 2.5 lb. weights, and a bar with i dunno how much weight).

So my question is, if every night I consistenly do push ups, tricep dips, and curls with the weights mentioned above, will I have something to show for Spring? And how much/little would you guess?

Edit- oh and I already have strong legs and a strong stomach, I just want bigger arms.

there's better things you could do obviously, but pushups situps and pullups will work fine. you'll still see pretty good results.

what kind of bar do you have? and how much weight.

just remember to eat yer proteenz. lots of it.

How long you been lifting? Also what was your lifting plan for your bench and hex? I want to get my hex up to 400 lbs and my bench to 300....

I've been lifting since highschool however I was not physically tax'd until I started my military career. However, when I am on a bulk cycle I will focus on my diet first and foremost to ensure that I'm maintaining proper nutrition when taking in my protien to carb ratios. (I feel this is important.)

But generally to build my strength I followed a very simple rule. If I could do 7 reps, I wasn't lifting heavy enough. Essentially I would do 6 rep maximum sets until I could push 7, and I would increase weight for one of the sets, gradually working my way up.

However, as far as my body fat is concerned.. I'm unsure as to the policy this forum has on supplementation. But an ECA stack does wonders.

The weight I posted are current as of last week. But I'm currently on a cutting cycle.. I've noticed a Rough 25 pound loss on my bench and about 5 on my curls.So on a strength cycle, I sit roughly at 315 for safe max on bench. I've been cutting for aproximately 2 months. I'm in Iraq, one of the best things a man can do is go home shredded.. It works well with the "I just got home from War" Story.

justcallmedaddy, on 02 November 2009 - 08:00 PM, said:

I would do research on full body exercises that can be done without the use of weights. P90x uses many of these techniques and may be good for a person of you goals. However, I tend to shy from fitness fads of that nature.

Look into,

DiverBombers

8Count Bodybuilders

Reverse Pushups

Also, to get biceps.. You need to work your back, simply put.

Concentrate on your pullups.. (Wide grip.. Palm out.)

Alright so i'm interested in working out my full body and all I have is a set of adjustable dumbells. I'm having troubles making up a work out plan, any ideas?

pan.png