Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

I never did bench presses until last month and I must say... people who can bench their own weight is a lot more impressive than I first thought. I'm not sure, but I think I'm around the 50kg (without bar, whatever) mark. My friend says that the AVERAGE strength of people is that they can bench their own weight... but I dunno. I do chinups fairly easily, which I personally believe requires a lot more upper body strength, but I can't bench 3/4 of my weight.

Meh, it really depends on the person I think, but I'd say that the average recreational lifter can bench their own weight. Personally I bench something like 140, but I weigh about 170 (below average for lifters).

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eh I've been working on leg pressing a lot more lately (I play volleyball, lower body workouts are much more important than upper body). At 170lbs age 15 (yeah I'm a tiny bit fat, but I'm also rather big at 5'11'') I can leg press 250, which is below average I think but still above most of my friends

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ok so I've been working out for a while and I LOVE the results, I look pretty damn good if I do say so myself. But ANYWAYS I need advice, so my chest is kind of small, I'm really skinny so it was easy for me to get good abs and my arms are nice, but my chest needs work. I do 25 benches of 100 pounds, I do 20 inside pushups(where your arms are lined up to your shoulders.) I do 30 outside pushups and I do 30 normal pushups. Now my outside and my lower chest look fine, but for some reason my upper chest to the inside has NOTHING. It's not really noticable unless you really examine my chest, but 'I' notice. I was wondering if there are any work outs someone could recomend for my upper inside chest, I have basically no equipment so nothing fancy, but anything will help.

First, stop being so vain. I has seeing guys at the gym who are obviously there for nothing but vanity.

Second, incline bench.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

15 years, 55kg(120 pounds), I can use over 18kg(40 pound) dumbbells, I can max out the at least one brand of kind of training machine where you pull down(have to use my legs to keep me from doing pull-ups), no idea of others.

FaladorTavern-2.png

TheMather1.jpg

Twitter:

@TheMather1

I can bench like 120 (maybe a little less) and I weigh about 140. I think I'm strong enough to bench 140 or maybe more, but I've injured both my shoulders and they hurt a lot if I do to many reps or too much weight.

Anyways, I know a guy who benches 350 pounds. Ridiculous, right?

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I can bench like 120 (maybe a little less) and I weigh about 140. I think I'm strong enough to bench 140 or maybe more, but I've injured both my shoulders and they hurt a lot if I do to many reps or too much weight.

Depends on how big he is and what sports he plays.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

First, stop being so vain. I has seeing guys at the gym who are obviously there for nothing but vanity.

Second, incline bench.

Sorry but I work out strictly for looks, I don't play organized sports, I don't have a job that requires strength, I have no other reason. I run and jump on my trampoline daily so that's really all I need health wise but I like to look good. Oh and thanks for the suggestion, I googled it and that seems doable.

Bugger if i know what bench-pressing etc are. I just go to the GYM at the local RAAF Base and use whatever Cardio Equipment is there to tone up since I have no job etc that involves Lifting. Oh, and I wear 5kg braclets on each arm/leg while doing jujitsu, apparently It helps with my reflexes.

oh right the question. Err I can Crunch about 100kgs, I can only lift/Push/Pull about 50kg max since my arms aren't strong and Leg wise its about 75kg.

and just match those up to whatever bloody machine uses those and theres the answer.

Popoto.~<3

I'm much stronger than I thought I was. I was surprised. My friend, who's a starting guard for our football team (only JV, but still) tried to tackle me today, and a was able to break him without too much trouble. I was excited. I actually weigh about 5 pounds more than him, but considering he works out every day, that isn't bad.

I haven't done a real workout in ages, though. Last extremely active thing I did was exploring a canyon last weekend. Of course, that isn't that easy (or extremely tough), but hey.

Another friend of mine broke 250 bench AND 400 squat today. Ridiculous. We all say he went on steroids because he got really muscular between middle school and high school, but he's really just worked hard as hell. He pretty much just works out at home. He's a really cool guy, too, I've only started hanging out with him a lot recently, and I'm kinda disappointed I didn't start sooner.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

My old gym teacher could bench 380. We all behaved well in that particular class. :wink:

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I don't understand how you could possibly be that skinny. Do you have no muscle at all? I'm a little shorter and I weigh almost 50 pounds more. And I'm by no means fat.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

I don't understand how you could possibly be that skinny. Do you have no muscle at all? I'm a little shorter and I weigh almost 50 pounds more. And I'm by no means fat.

Didn't matter how much I played sports/went bike riding/activity in general, I never really gained any weight. I had a "human performance" class in highschool, which was basically weight lifting, and I toned so I do have some muscle. Contact sports are really fun when you're small though, I will say that

yes.png

I'm pretty skinny myself. About the same as you guys, just shorter.

I've done some running over the past two summers, so I have some leg muscle, and I can do a fair amount of push ups (mainly due to the fact that I have very little weight to "push up"), so I have some muscle in my upper arm and chest. By "having muscle", I don't mean strong, I mean I'm not terribly weak in those areas.

My forearms and abs are really pathetic though.

I guess the reason I'm so skinny stems from the fact that I didn't eat much when I was little. Of course, I can eat a lot now - I just had an angus third pounder from McDonald's and 10 chicken nuggets - but I still tend to eat very little in some situations. I don't really exercise that much though, which is probably the strangest part.

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if I've posted here but whatever :P

I'm only 14, so I don't really think about the gym. I can't afford it anyway, and the closest gym to here I live is about, oh I don't know, 40 minutes away? I don't need weights anyway... I compensate :D

My workout regime is this, usually in this order but any really. I often mix it up, increasing the numbers and stuff:

Squats - 250

Pull-Ups (strengthens back muscles especially) - 40

Push-Ups (one-handed, feet elevated on my bed) - 50 (25 each hand)

Sit-Ups - 50 (average, no fancy stuff)

Jogging - About 4-6 miles (this is to relax and keep my legs from getting extremely cramped)

This keeps me in rather good shape, well my friends and kids at school all seem to think I am... I'm guessing that's a good thing ;). I don't aim to be extremely big though, just keep fit and stuff. I plan to go to the gym eventually, but atm I can't be stuffed to buy membership and get my parents to drive me there... So probably when I'm older.

I might post a picture, but I don't want to seem like I'm up myself...

disturbeda.png

Ok I finally went to the gym with a friend who goes a lot.

Me 81kg (180 pounds), 183 cm (6,1 maybe?)

Him (66kg) (145 pounds) 169ish cm (5,8?)

We were both benching 80kg, even though he's pretty tiny. He goes to the gym every week day though, and he's all muscle, (unlike me). I have been thinking I should start going, would benefit my rugby and cricket, but I guess I'm just too lazy

rosssigfinal.jpg

183426.jpg

Bad pic of biceps actually, when I flex in front of the mirror I think they look photoshoped even. :ohnoes:

-Sorry about the grainy abs pic to.

You look a lot like me, just a bit of a wider frame. You probably do some back work outs though, people tell me that's why my frame is so thin.