Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

Look, I'm putting this simply.

I work 5 days a week, a minimum of 9.30 till 6. When I get home, I go out with my friends, I'll usually be out till 12-1 so I can't work out when I'm home. On the 2 days a week I have off, I play golf to keep my handicap below 2 so I can keep my place on the state team.

My money, I have nothing better to spend it on than drink, smokes, clothes and nights out as I can't drive and I have everything else I pretty much want. Considering I'm already going out of my way to go to the gym 4 days a week (getting up 6.30 4 times a week), I want the best results for the limited time I have there, therefore I'm taking supplements and just so you know, in comparison to 4 days of supplements or going to the gym 5-6 times a week on standard Whey protein, I'm having better gains with the supplements.

I work a 40 hour a week, manage to get to the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours and maintain a social life, I'm really in no mood being told how to "improve" it when I'm quite happy with it and your "improvements" simply aren't feasible for most people.

Aren't feasible? [cabbage]. Don't think you are doing it tough because you work a normal job with a normal social life. How many other people working 40 hour a week jobs manage to find time for it? How about 50, 60, 70, 80 hour weeks? You CHOOSE to limit your time there, nobody tells you when you can work out but yourself.

Every single one of my clients has better gains using simple supplements rather than stacks by subtracting the extra cost and putting that time back into the gym or competitive sport. They can use the money they save for more important things, like their family, which is why that's what I recommend doing.

So you spend all your money on drink, smokes, clothes and going out? Why not save up for a car, a house, investments, properties, instead of pissing it all away? Sure, you enjoy doing it, but is it the best long term option?

You are explaining to me that you are making what I perceive to be stupid choices in life. I never said you were wrong, I never TOLD you what to do. You ASKED for advice, then you reject it and treat people like crap because you don't agree with it. How very American of you.

SoLawny.png

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[hide=Quote]

Look, I'm putting this simply.

I work 5 days a week, a minimum of 9.30 till 6. When I get home, I go out with my friends, I'll usually be out till 12-1 so I can't work out when I'm home. On the 2 days a week I have off, I play golf to keep my handicap below 2 so I can keep my place on the state team.

My money, I have nothing better to spend it on than drink, smokes, clothes and nights out as I can't drive and I have everything else I pretty much want. Considering I'm already going out of my way to go to the gym 4 days a week (getting up 6.30 4 times a week), I want the best results for the limited time I have there, therefore I'm taking supplements and just so you know, in comparison to 4 days of supplements or going to the gym 5-6 times a week on standard Whey protein, I'm having better gains with the supplements.

I work a 40 hour a week, manage to get to the gym 4 times a week for 2 hours and maintain a social life, I'm really in no mood being told how to "improve" it when I'm quite happy with it and your "improvements" simply aren't feasible for most people.

[/hide]

Aren't feasible? [cabbage]. Don't think you are doing it tough because you work a normal job with a normal social life. How many other people working 40 hour a week jobs manage to find time for it? How about 50, 60, 70, 80 hour weeks? You CHOOSE to limit your time there, nobody tells you when you can work out but yourself.

Every single one of my clients has better gains using simple supplements rather than stacks by subtracting the extra cost and putting that time back into the gym or competitive sport. They can use the money they save for more important things, like their family, which is why that's what I recommend doing.

So you spend all your money on drink, smokes, clothes and going out? Why not save up for a car, a house, investments, properties, instead of pissing it all away? Sure, you enjoy doing it, but is it the best long term option?

You are explaining to me that you are making what I perceive to be stupid choices in life. I never said you were wrong, I never TOLD you what to do. You ASKED for advice, then you reject it and treat people like crap because you don't agree with it. How very American of you.

1. I'm choosing between a social life and gym, right now I'm getting the best of both and enjoying it, I'm finding more than enough time for the Gym, 8 intense hours a week does me fine.

2. Family? I'm 16, have you not noticed I've said that at least once yet in this thread, quite likely more.

3.1 I'm 16, a house isn't going to happen for at least 10 years and I'm not going anywhere near the property market till Ireland's no longer in a recession. The 3000 euro I'll get in total from my summer job wouldn't even cover the deposit on a house here.

3.2 Car, insurance prices in Ireland are insanely high for younger drivers, on average 60% higher than that of Britain, higher than that on mainland Europe as well. I'm starting on a motorbike (which I have already) to build up a no claims bonus.

3.3 Pissing it all away? I've an attitude to life then quite different to yours, my perception is a good life is one spent thoroughly enjoyed, not amassing material possessions. When the time comes for property, cars, families I'll work my [wagon] for them, like everything else I've worked for in life, my Iphone, my Motorbike, my good quality clothes, I'm not some little spoiled [cabbage], everything I have in life of value to me I've worked my [wagon] off for.

4. Treat people like crap? If your perception of my attitude is treating people like crap then I'd say you're on par to me if not worse, as you seem to be trying to force your opinion on me. Didn't notice I'm from Ireland did you?

There's no point in continuing with this, at this stage we're both just being hypocritical and neither of us are going to sway one another's opinion, just drop it, what you're suggesting simply isn't feasible for me, I'm not in a position to call what hours I work. Also, my personal trainer recommended the supplements to me, he's highly acclaimed so I'd prefer to follow his advice than some random TIF user, no offense intended.

On-Topic: Gone up 3Ib's in the last 2 days, new Mass gainer I'm on is working amazingly. 1250 calories and 50g of protein per serving 8-). Maxed on squat today, went up by 15lbs from what it last was, pretty happy.

1. I'm choosing between a social life and gym, right now I'm getting the best of both and enjoying it, I'm finding more than enough time for the Gym, 8 intense hours a week does me fine.

2. Family? I'm 16, have you not noticed I've said that at least once yet in this thread, quite likely more.

3.1 I'm 16, a house isn't going to happen for at least 10 years and I'm not going anywhere near the property market till Ireland's no longer in a recession. The 3000 euro I'll get in total from my summer job wouldn't even cover the deposit on a house here.

3.2 Car, insurance prices in Ireland are insanely high for younger drivers, on average 60% higher than that of Britain, higher than that on mainland Europe as well. I'm starting on a motorbike (which I have already) to build up a no claims bonus.

3.3 Pissing it all away? I've an attitude to life then quite different to yours, my perception is a good life is one spent thoroughly enjoyed, not amassing material possessions. When the time comes for property, cars, families I'll work my [wagon] for them, like everything else I've worked for in life, my Iphone, my Motorbike, my good quality clothes, I'm not some little spoiled [cabbage], everything I have in life of value to me I've worked my [wagon] off for.

4. Treat people like crap? If your perception of my attitude is treating people like crap then I'd say you're on par to me if not worse, as you seem to be trying to force your opinion on me. Didn't notice I'm from Ireland did you?

There's no point in continuing with this, at this stage we're both just being hypocritical and neither of us are going to sway one another's opinion, just drop it, what you're suggesting simply isn't feasible for me, I'm not in a position to call what hours I work. Also, my personal trainer recommended the supplements to me, he's highly acclaimed so I'd prefer to follow his advice than some random TIF user, no offense intended.

1) Your post was easily interpreted as you inferring you didn't have the extra time to spend in the gym. I pointed out that it is YOUR decision.

2) Your age is irrelevant when it comes to examples from other people. I never told you to or even suggested you give the money to your family.

3a) Your age is irrelevant again. There is nothing wrong with saving for your future at any age. I never expected your yearly wages to cover a deposit on a house, let alone what you would make in a 3 month period. The deposit on this house was roughly $100,000 AUD. Inclusive of fees, tax, etc. That's roughly 50,000 pounds. Please excuse the math if I'm off by much. The reason I could afford it is because I saved money here and there since I was 14.

3b) My insurance also costs me exorbitant amounts, about $4,000 a year, assuming my car doesn't get stolen or damaged. You don't need to preach to me about unfairly high insurance costs for young adults, we all have to deal with it.

3c)Pissing it all away is a figure of speech. Here, it refers to you spending your money going out, drinking, clubbing, partying, doing drugs, etc. As in spending money on piss, a synonym for alcohol. You admitted you did that.

4) Again, we have differing opinions. I'm hardly trying to force mine upon you, as you requested it, then respond in what I perceive to be a negative way. All I've done is attempt to explain myself and respond to your posts, which you requested. I did notice you are from Dublin. In my circles, calling you an American or saying you are acting like one is a derogatory term. Your geographical location doesn't affect the insult. If you wonder why I used what I consider to be a serious insult about your mental state/thought patterns, feel free to PM me and we can discuss it further.

I don't take offense to you choosing a differing opinion. I take offense to what I believe are hypocritical/immature actions regarding opinions, even if it's on my behalf. I will drop the subject if you so wish.

SoLawny.png

Not everyone can afford those high cost supplement packages though :(

They had creatine on sale at Walmart for less than $20...

I mean the packages with all the fancy eating time tables ect lol...

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

264lb deadlift last night. Really didn't think I was in the mood to break my records but I was half convinced I'd done it before (I hadn't, the plate orderings confused me) so I just went for it. Managed 3 reps before my grip went and I dropped it down for the last two reps.

I bought some whey protein last week which I've started taking. It was great value and tastes good so no complaints.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

This is a bit embarrassing to admit, but my father thinks my strength level is way too low. :lol:

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Now that football has started I've noticed the muscle ive put on has not made me faster... I feel so slow for some reason compared to last year :(

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Havent been to the gym in about 3 weeks and I feel like crap because of it, but I have been doing cardio/abs to continue cutting a little bit more for summer

Later this week I'll have my home gym membership back for the summer (was using my college's gym, but moved back home 3 weeks ago) so Ill get maxes then

i'm in the Army ROTC at my college and recently passed the physically fitness test easily.. around 60 situps/pushups in 2 minutes and I got 2 miles in less than 14 minutes

5'11/6'0 ish, 170-180ish

oversized.jpg[/bads]

Now that football has started I've noticed the muscle ive put on has not made me faster... I feel so slow for some reason compared to last year :(

It does make you slower if you don't sprint. That was the problem with me, but I can feel myself getting my speed back.

When I found myself slowing down I did SSI's (Sprint Suicides Intervals), if you don't know what suicides are I.e Go to a soccer pitch for example, go to the goal line, lie down on your stomach, get up and sprint to the 6, run back to the goal line, down onto your stomach again, no break, straight up, run to the 18 and run back to the goal line, keep repeating this till you've ran the length of the pitch.

Using a Football pitch would probably be more beneficial if you have the energy for it as you're sprinting 900 yards without a break, good for endurance and building speed.

I just weighed myself at home for the first time in a long while, and I'm closing in on 170.

I'm 5'8", have narrow shoulders, and have about 7-8% body fat. How the hell do I weigh 170.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I was just wondering if this would be a decent upperbody workout over the summer...

100 Situps Twice a day.

4 sets of 7 Pull-Ups

6 sets of 10 push-ups.

Just wanted something to be able to do, outside of my normal soccer training.

The sit-ups seem a bit excessive, try 3 sets of 20 for them.

Try adding in the ab vacuum and the ab bicycle (not sure of the name).

(both go for time but don't go to complete failure, and 3 sets).

Try chin ups too (palms facing you), and when doing pull-ups try to hold the bar as wide as you can.

If you have the right set-up try dips too.

645th to 99 Agility.

I'm always up for a good chat, feel free to pm.

Don't do situps, they're a load of rubbish. Lying leg raises, russian twists and lying reverse abdominal crunches are where it's at for abs. If you insist on doing something like sit-ups stick to crunches. They don't engage your lower back and cause spinal flexion which risks damaging it [1].

I was just wondering if this would be a decent upperbody workout over the summer...

100 Situps Twice a day.

4 sets of 7 Pull-Ups

6 sets of 10 push-ups.

Just wanted something to be able to do, outside of my normal soccer training.

Situps are highly overrated.

Pull-ups only really do some parts of your back, not the whole thing so it can make it look out of proportion.

Standard push-ups only do the middle of your pecs. You'll need to do incline push-ups for your upper pecs and decline push-ups for your lower pecs.

Check bodybuilding.com it's pretty good for exercises the forum is ok.

What would be a good beginners work out to get up to speed and strong over the summer? Just reps of push-ups or what?

Are you the member of a gym? If not, 2 dumbell bars, some weights and a adjustable weights bench would be more than enough for doing many exercises and training many areas I.e pretty much all your upper body.

What would be a good beginners work out to get up to speed and strong over the summer? Just reps of push-ups or what?

Don't underestimate push ups. Just doing 50 before bed every night made a huge difference in a relatively short time.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

Does anyone have any experience with CrossFit? I like the sound of their training and fitness and was thinking about incorporating a slighly scaled down Workout of the Day as my accessory after my 5x5 program. I also need to look into modifying my 5x5 but that'll take serious research and I need to focus right now on exams.

What are "ring dips?"

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20