Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

I'm 5'11"(ish) and weight about 160lbs. My bench hasn't improved in ages, I really need to work on it, not that it's a particularly functional lift but hey.

It's useful if someone needs their car propped up and hasn't got a jack with them.

scan.jpg

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jokes aside, assassin is right- the pectoral muscles are in general trained more for show than for use. Although, based on peoples upper body to lower body muscle ratios, I'd say that's the case a lot of the time.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

My rl str level for my age (if 99 was like really strong and 1 was just pathetic) I would probably be like a 35. Lol. True story.

Squat: ~75

Bench Press: the bar :D

What's a sig?

My rl str level for my age (if 99 was like really strong and 1 was just pathetic) I would probably be like a 35. Lol. True story.

Squat: ~75

Bench Press: the bar :D

How old are you exactly?

May as well post mine...

Bear in mind these are all from the last set of a 5 reps for 5 sets program.

Deadlifts: 231

Squats: 225

Bench: 176

I'm 5'11"(ish) and weight about 160lbs. My bench hasn't improved in ages, I really need to work on it, not that it's a particularly functional lift but hey.

anyone who can bench their own body weight gets props from me. it's not exactly hard, but not everyone can do it.

i remember i started with 25 lb plates at each end. the bar was way too light even for me. i started putting in 10 lbs / wk until i hit 100 lbs where it took me a lot longer to increase it. i was stuck in 125 lbs for the longest time.

what sucks is that if i take a month break from working out i have to start all over again from like 90 lbs... lol it's sad

benchpressing does focus on your pecs, but it helps out my triceps a lot too

I've had my bouts in weightlifting.. i'm 5'5 and 130 lbs.

and from what i remember...

bench - 120 maxing.. could do like 2 and a half haha

but what i really care about is pushups. i'm in a firefighting program, and when i started getting pushups assigned to me i could only do about 25 before struggling. now that i've trained a little more with the pushups i can now so about 50 in a row before struggling. =D>

any tips for forearms?

"To all you youngsters reading this, if you are under 25 STOP PLAYING THIS GAME RIGHT NOW. Life is to short and you are only that young once. Trust me when i say this, take advantage of the girls now. Once they are 25+ and have been around a few times they arnt dumb anymore, the fun is all over."

--BAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Jokes aside, assassin is right- the pectoral muscles are in general trained more for show than for use. Although, based on peoples upper body to lower body muscle ratios, I'd say that's the case a lot of the time.

Like curls :shock:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

Shout to LowFatMilk for the sig! Doin your body and sig good :lol:

Reweighing myself apparently I only weigh 150lbs. I swear every set of scales gives me a different weight.

But yeah I used to be into a program more focused for "bodybuilding" types, 3 sets of 10 reps of fairly isolated lifts with the occasional big movement lift but normally at the end of a workout. Now I really do prefer bigger functional lifts with bars for lower reps. It seems more like a kind of strength that I'd use and the program seems to be giving me results.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Reweighing myself apparently I only weigh 150lbs. I swear every set of scales gives me a different weight.

But yeah I used to be into a program more focused for "bodybuilding" types, 3 sets of 10 reps of fairly isolated lifts with the occasional big movement lift but normally at the end of a workout. Now I really do prefer bigger functional lifts with bars for lower reps. It seems more like a kind of strength that I'd use and the program seems to be giving me results.

ME TOO! Omg :shock:

I like to try both. 3x10 gets you more toned and builds endurance. Power excercises make you well... ya kno haha :lol:

Gmeshsig2.jpg

So you failed at 225??? :|

You're giving him [cabbage] because he can't squat 225 lbs? You have to start somewhere and work your way up. Don't give him [cabbage] if he can't do it. :|

So you failed at 225??? :|

You're giving him [cabbage] because he can't squat 225 lbs? You have to start somewhere and work your way up. Don't give him [cabbage] if he can't do it. :|

Um... I didnt understand what he was trying to say. I just asked if he got it or not. Im not giving him [cabbage]...

Dont give me [cabbage] when im not giving anyone [cabbage].

Gmeshsig2.jpg

I'm confused in all this giving of cabbage.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

I actually tried squating closer to my max today; usually I do half a dozen sets of squats, so I usually do them around 225. I ended up doing three sets of 250 after two of 225 (8 per), so I guess my max is higher than I thought.

What would y'all define as maxing? A set of 8 (maybe 10) with perfect form? Less? More?

That sounds about right. I havent lifted weights in forever. :lol:

Not since last summer really. My arms are so weak now.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!