Weightlifting - Your RL STR Lvl :D

Gmesh

Do curls work as well as a regular bench press? I come back from a month vacation and my bench is gone. What is up with that

Curls work your biceps, bench works your chest. I dont see how one could compair them.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How many reps should you do per set, compared to the max amount you can do without collapsing?

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

How many reps should you do per set, compared to the max amount you can do without collapsing?

Personally, when I'm doing weights, I'll do 8 sets of 4-6 reps depending on the exercise and the weight used. General rule of thumb = low reps for strength, mid reps for mass, high reps for endurance.

1-6 For strength 5-8 for size and 10+ for endurance. However different rep ranges work differently for different people i enjoy working my sets between 3-8 well.. because its fun. Imo much more fun than 10+

Edit, also make sure not to push 100% everyday. Rather every four weeks or so. Its like a cycle. That way you never plateau. You build up to your max, and attempt to put 10 pounds on your max. Works well.

Yeah, maybe for weights, but I don't think 8 push-ups will get me anywhere :lol:

I can't afford a gym membership. :\

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Yeah, maybe for weights, but I don't think 8 push-ups will get me anywhere :lol:

Haha yeah, thats true. Try different angles and such for pushups, use stairs or charis as leverage, bw squats, hindu squats, one legged squats, pullups etc. No bw exercises compaire to squat dead and bench though.

OK, thanks. :)

Another trick I've heard about but never tried myself is to put a rucksack on your back and put some weight (rocks, whatever) in it to provide resistance for pushups. If you can't afford gym membership consider buying a set of dumbells, you can go far with those. Personally I follow a 5x5 program (so 5 reps for 5 sets) with some variation for assistance exercises and deloading.

In other news, after months of putting it off I've finally decided to bite the bullet and give power cleans a go. Always thought they'd be hard to teach myself but I think I've got an idea now. Barbell rows were starting to bore me.

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

Okay, I'll try that too.

[Edit] Wow, pushups are a chest exercise?

Nothing better to tell you "you're doing it wrong", I've never felt anything in my chest after them...

I... did slow pushups, with 20 pounds of books on my shoulders. You^ and you^^ are part of the reasons I'm not hitting the gym anytime soon. :lol:

Okay, I'll try that too.

[Edit] Wow, pushups are a chest exercise?

Nothing better to tell you "you're doing it wrong", I've never felt anything in my chest after them...

How far down are you going? To get the maximum effect on the chest during Push ups you need to get as low as possible, if you're stopping when you're arms are at a right angle for example, you're doing more of your triceps than your chest.

During push ups always try to touch your nose against the floor and make sure you keep your pelvic area rigid, I.e. keep your body flat, do not sag or extend in the middle. flat push ups only do the mid of your pecs (chest muscles), try to do them on an incline and decline to also work your upper and lower pecs. I find using a chair or stairs good, try for a 30 degree angle.

I've put on a 8 kilos over the last 6 weeks while my BMI has remained the same, god bless you BSN supplements, I've plateaued pretty much for the last 4 months before I switched from ON to BSN.

I'm doing all three, but I don't touch my nose against the floor. I'll try, and then I'll get back to you.

So, I did power cleans today... I didn't do too bad, though I still need to work on my form. But I did clean 115 pounds, my friend told me I was doing alright so I'll take his word for it.

Power cleans are the best thing for football, period. So I'm gonna do them. I'm gonna see what I deadlift tomorrow.

I'm trying to figure out the bass for D.A.N.C.E. It's compressed, LP filtered, AND distorted.

I'm trying to figure out the bass for D.A.N.C.E. It's compressed, LP filtered, AND distorted.

How many times do you rep it?

Good job, Harrinator. \'

IDK how I ended up posting that one 3 different threads. -.-

I managed to do 3 sets of 10 reps on 200kg (440lbs) on the leg press today. :)

I don't even weightlift and I know this, squats>leg press. You make your quads too powerful for your hamstrings to counteract when running, which means you pull your hammy. I have no clue whether your sets is any good, but I do know that if you play any kind of sport, you're screwing yourself.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.