Easter Eggs

Demoli

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS Wiki Says:

After burying Clarence in the miniquest, the Robe Store Owner says "...he was...a member of a society within the Guild called the New Order Occult Bookists..." Their acronym would be NOOB! If you enter the God Wars Dungeon you will see a frozen person that looks vaguely wizardish. By the frozen man engraved in the ground is the word NOOB. Coincidence?

RS Wiki Says:

After burying Clarence in the miniquest, the Robe Store Owner says "...he was...a member of a society within the Guild called the New Order Occult Bookists..." Their acronym would be NOOB! If you enter the God Wars Dungeon you will see a frozen person that looks vaguely wizardish. By the frozen man engraved in the ground is the word NOOB. Coincidence?

I don't think thats an easter egg :|

A tail of two cats=A tale of two cities...

Tail of the Muspah- both use tail and tale. I like the title here because you get the muspah tail for the child after listening to the tale of the muspah

Snowball997.png

Ok... Im not that good. But I have an anchor!!!

Tail of the Muspah- both use tail and tale. I like the title here because you get the muspah tail for the child after listening to the tale of the muspah

Actualy the "A tail of two cats" = a tale of to cats. Not cities. Pretty much self-explanatory IMO.

Actualy the "A tail of two cats" = a tale of to cats. Not cities. Pretty much self-explanatory IMO.

"A Tail of Two Cats" is a play on the title of the novel A Tale of Two Cities by Charles [bleep]ens.

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

• 2 weeks later...
Neitiznot = no it is not

Jatizso = ya it is so

idk if some1 said tht, but a friend told me bout it

Gymnastbg1.png

Well, if you actualy read the different conversations on quests, you'd know that's not a secret...

Neitiznot = no it is not

Jatizso = ya it is so

idk if some1 said tht, but a friend told me bout it

Gymnastbg1.png

Well, if you actualy read the different conversations on quests, you'd know that's not a secret...

I Never said it was a secret..? I just pointed out a play on words...

"A Tail of Two Cats" is a play on the title of the novel A Tale of Two Cities by Charles [bleep]ens.

i can't think of any relation though, and i think i would know meaning last semester i recorded over 125 homework hours on just that book.

Y_Z.png

i can't think of any relation though, and i think i would know meaning last semester i recorded over 125 homework hours on just that book.

It's just wordplay, like how Great Brain Robbery has nothing to do with Michael Crichton's Great Train Robbery or any other large theft involving trains

It's just wordplay, like how Great Brain Robbery has nothing to do with Michael Crichton's Great Train Robbery or any other large theft involving trains

But why not do a Tale of Two Kitties than? That rhymes, Cat doesn't.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

It doesn't have to rhyme?

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Oh [garden tool] [garden tool]! But it does, my com padre- when committing a truly horrific pun, one of the most basic rules is to make it rhyme, spell it the same, or make it sound phonetically similar. Examples: Great Train Robbery=Great Brain Robbery I feel god's are more concerned with prophets than profits. It appears you prefer the big sea to a big see (clerical humor) Imitation Krabs=Imitation Crab
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Oh [garden tool] [garden tool]! But it does, my com padre- when committing a truly horrific pun, one of the most basic rules is to make it rhyme, spell it the same, or make it sound phonetically similar. Examples: Great Train Robbery=Great Brain Robbery I feel god's are more concerned with prophets than profits. It appears you prefer the big sea to a big see (clerical humor) Imitation Krabs=Imitation Crab

I spy Pratchett references.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

One could claim that "A Tail of Two Kitties" would have been far too obvious a pun. The way I think of it, "A Tail of Two Cats" is a pun on a pun. One would expect it to be a tale of two kitties, but it catches you out, and BAM! HEADSHOT! I mean, CATS! It's somewhat more subtle that way.

[hide=OFFTOPIC]BTW, I just realised that I'm replying to you in two different threads #-o believe me when I say its a coincidence, and nothing more.[/hide]

samurai_fly.png

samurai_fly.png

Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute and it feels like an hour has passed. Sit with a hot girl for an hour and it only feels like a minute has passed - Ol' Al Onestone.

Scary Movie 1 reference in the chamber of the blood altar, meyerditch caverns.

Examine some coffins, some will say:

deadppl.png

I see dead people!

Isn't that from Sixth Sense?

Quite possibly, but i think scary movie was the one to make that phrase famous

Scary Movie 1 reference in the chamber of the blood altar, meyerditch caverns.

Examine some coffins, some will say:

deadppl.png

I see dead people!

Isn't that from Sixth Sense?

Quite possibly, but i think scary movie was the one to make that phrase famous

No I think it was the Sixth Sense.