procrastinatiooooooooooooon

Pawn

I procrastinate, till the last possible minute. I would leave major assignments till the evening before and I will be doing them till 4 am into the morning, then waking up at 6 am to finish them off. But I have never handed an assignment in late. And I never panic about it. I suprised at how freaked out people get when they are workign on deadlines, I plod along slowly doing it until its done the night before. I get an average mark. But atleast I got a mark :P

Luck be a Lady

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My teachers always require double spacing \' (not to mention that, this year, all my essays' lengths have been determined by word-count instead of page-count (they're mostly like 200-500 words, but I can get up to like 3 in a week :wall: ))

200 word essay? Introductions are usually longer than that.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I always procrastinated when in school, and to a degree still do it at work... I once wrote a 2000 word essay in an hour and a half. And I got a pretty good mark on it, at around the 80 percent mark. However, had I taken my time, I may have gotten a 90+.

The only way to beat procrastination is to force yourself through it. There are no shortcuts, unfortunately.

I never had an essay shorter than 1000 words.

Guh. I'm procrastinating revision so much at the moment.

Screw my AS levels... seriously. I'm just too tired to do anything these past few days, I'm almost regretting not going to sleep on Saturday for House. I've just been deliriously playing Runescape for the past hour or so and finally worked up the strength to do more than lie in bed and fall asleep woodcutting :?

For essay length, we're usually told to try and do it in the time we'd have in the exam. It's supposed to average about 30 mins per essay of about 2 sides of written A4 for English lit, about one and a half sides in 20 mins for a Psychology essay and Sociology I can't remember :P

I've just finished my Extended project though right on time, 5000 essay and powerpoint presentation to give on Tuesday (dreading it :? ), on Facebook and communication on the internet. Tip.It is given a passing reference as 'a forum for a popular online game, for example, would have boards like 'General Discussion', 'Off Topic', 'Clan News'.' I'm paraphrasing but yeah :P [/ramble]

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Eh, never really experienced procrastination, as I am more inveterate. Though, that comes at a cost as well.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Guh. I'm procrastinating revision so much at the moment.

Screw my AS levels... seriously. I'm just too tired to do anything these past few days, I'm almost regretting not going to sleep on Saturday for House. I've just been deliriously playing Runescape for the past hour or so and finally worked up the strength to do more than lie in bed and fall asleep woodcutting :?

For essay length, we're usually told to try and do it in the time we'd have in the exam. It's supposed to average about 30 mins per essay of about 2 sides of written A4 for English lit, about one and a half sides in 20 mins for a Psychology essay and Sociology I can't remember :P

I've just finished my Extended project though right on time, 5000 essay and powerpoint presentation to give on Tuesday (dreading it :? ), on Facebook and communication on the internet. Tip.It is given a passing reference as 'a forum for a popular online game, for example, would have boards like 'General Discussion', 'Off Topic', 'Clan News'.' I'm paraphrasing but yeah :P [/ramble]

I know what you're going through, and the best thing to do is not renew membership or play the game at all until it's out of the way, depressing as it is. Stay on forum.tip.it to keep your head running, but don't play the game. AS Philosophy can be pretty bad too, you get handed a 15 and a 30 marker to do in 4 days, and you think 'I don't have to do this today, I could do it tomorrow!' and you regret it.

This is probably going to sound like someone with a multiple personality disorder, but I try to be unreasonable to the voice in my head that suggests procrastination. I tell it 'This is your only job, and you can't do anything else until it's done'. Generally this works for me, but probably not for those of you who aren't suffering from MPD. :lol:

The annoying thing is though, I'm not allowed to type essays anymore, they have to be hand written. No double-spacing for me. :(

~ W ~

sigzi.png

What I suggest is going to your room, closing the door, making sure theres no tv/music/other distractions, and just sit down and force yourself to start working on what needs to get done.

I've tied myself to a chair before to get work done.

Then my mom came in. :oops:

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I know what you're going through, and the best thing to do is not renew membership or play the game at all until it's out of the way, depressing as it is. Stay on forum.tip.it to keep your head running, but don't play the game. AS Philosophy can be pretty bad too, you get handed a 15 and a 30 marker to do in 4 days, and you think 'I don't have to do this today, I could do it tomorrow!' and you regret it.

Solid advice right there. I cancelled my subscription and went a step furthur and sold everything that I owned. Sure, I'm rich now but I don't own anything to help me do the skills so I get bored using the crappy items.

I plan on doing a 2000 word essay, practical production and half of my artwork over the span on three days now. Screw procrastinating. If I stray off the task then I'll punish myself. Perhaps a slap to the face or something.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

I plan on doing a 2000 word essay, practical production and half of my artwork over the span on three days now. Screw procrastinating. If I stray off the task then I'll punish myself. Perhaps a slap to the face or something.

One thing I like to do is set my alarm to 5:57, rather than 6:00. I don't let myself change it back until I get all of the homework I have out of the way. Only problem is it's been at 5:57 for the past three months :uhh:

This helped a bit: http://www.psychologies.co.uk/Coaching/ ... aily-tasks

wl7w9j.png

I'm finishing off my dissertation this week and I'm procrastinating a lot. I can't help it, I need to use my computer to type everything and I end up browsing the internet and looking at random rubbish. It's annoying as I need to work a a rate of 1,000 words per day (starting on Thursday just past) to get it done on time and all these distractions slow me down.

I know have about 4,000 words of the main part to do and then I have to write my conclusions and methodology which should come to around 1000 words as well.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

The remedy is obvious: DON'T PROCRASTINATE, that is all.

There is no secret trick or will-power "cheat", you have to just do it.

no

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

Procrastination isn't bad unless you don't do it at all. The way I see it is that you'll probably have to rush if you wait until just before the due date, which will save you more time since you are getting it done faster than normal.

Procrastination isn't bad unless you don't do it at all. The way I see it is that you'll probably have to rush if you wait until just before the due date, which will save you more time since you are getting it done faster than normal.

Though its generally half-assed crap.

To be honest, I procastinate too much when it comes to English. I've done 5 Critical Essays for it. These are out of 25. 11,11,11,12,17. See the problem? They were all done the night before, and were often in late too. Yes, I have completely procastinated and did it a day before I hand it in, when it was late.

The last one there was on the poem "Wind", I did that in 45 minutes the night before, while reading TIF. I had the notes infront of me and everything, which included some analysis. To be honest, it was the only one I typed, the rest were hand written, and I suck at that, I'm slow at writing, plus my writing is small which takes a little longer than others. (I average around 17-20 words per line).

Whenever, I had Geography homework, I left that to the night before aswell. But thats the one class I'm easily passing. I have revised for it at all, and am getting all As (I think mostly band 2s), hell even when I thought I [bleep]ed up on the second prelim, I still got an A (band 2).

Maths, well generally, if its a Wednesday/Thursday, I just leave the homework for my Study Periods, its mainly redoing questions from past exam papers, and often around 5-6 of them, easy.

French, I'll admit, I need to really study before the exam, it has the worst turnout for homework. I don't know why though.

So really, don't procastinate, and leave it to the night before. It may save you time, but you never do that well as you just rush through it without putting deeper thought into it.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

It would be anyways. :P In my eyes, most of my schoolwork is half-assed crap because I don't feel like putting that much effort into it and would rather just get it over with - yet it's still usually better quality than the work of my peers.

It would be anyways. :P In my eyes, most of my schoolwork is half-assed crap because I don't feel like putting that much effort into it and would rather just get it over with - yet it's still usually better quality than the work of my peers.

Can't say the same for mine, but I can say this.

At least it eventually gets handed in.

Though looking at it, if I wasn't in a hurry to finish it, I'd be more worried about what to put in it. I preform better under stress tbh.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Solid advice right there. I cancelled my subscription and went a step furthur and sold everything that I owned. Sure, I'm rich now but I don't own anything to help me do the skills so I get bored using the crappy items.
Kinda like this?

325200816311261.png

:P

Btw, finished my 10 page bibliographic review. Started at 9pm last night, handed in at 2pm today. \'

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I don't really procrastinate with school work, I tell myself I'll do it later and then not do it. I'm currently procracting cleaning my room, but I'd like to think of it as pacing myself, work for 15-25 minutes on it, then take a break and go online for 30 minutes or so, then get back to work, I need to just find out a fast way of cleaning it, without shoving everything I have into my closets or under my bed, and then I need to keep it clean. I really don't see how my room goes from spotless to deadly in a week or two, I wish I could figure it out.

21ed8x.jpg

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

I basically procrastinated my whole 2 years of senior every term after the holidays finished I'd tell myself I'd start assignments on time yet when the last few days came I'd ALWAYS (yes always) have to rush to do them.

Just couldn't be bothered with the stuff I didn't like to do, yet I'd always do my graphics assignments on time because I liked it.

AussiePride-1.jpg

~>St Jonno<~

I procrastinate all the time.

not so much procrastinate, but have things to do, and I don't do them, either because there's no point, and it'd be waste of time to do them, or because it's just [bleep]ing stupid, or because it won't help me learn in any sense whatsoever.

I procrastinate things like vacuuming and cleaning my room, but i get around to it eventually, generally when I'm depressed, and need something to distract myself from my depression.

I rushed through my chem lab, and it's total crap for sure. Not to mention I had an Ancient History test also the next day. What ended up happening is I ended up with a crappy lab that dropped my 91% in chem to prob somewhere in the high 80s, and I know I flunked the history test :(. I learned my lesson, but I know I'm gonna procrastinate even more.

procrastination ftw

you seem to be posting on everything to up your post count...

you've only been saying barely full sentences in each of your posts...

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.