Need info on rates of 99s [heavy question warning]

Zaaps1

Hello, I was thinking of getting a 99 or two over the summer, and it's never too soon to plan. So I was looking through popular training methods and looking at which skills I liked. It's been a while since I've been a member, so I'm mainly asking for up-to-date information. Let's get started then.

My stats:

Zaaps1.png

For those who use efficiency in their calculations, I mine rune as my source of income, averaging 700k or so last time I was a member. I think prices have fallen since then, so I'd say it's about 600k-700k now. I mine at the Light Temple with a War Tortoise familiar.

I also have 85m, but will probably spend at least 25m of that on other stuff. So I have 60m to play with.

I have done all quests except In Pyre Need, the Choosen Commander, and the new Fremmy one.

I have done all achievement diaries except Seers.

In short, if there's an requirement to an area, I probably have it.

[hide=General Questions]1. At my stats, what is the general points/hour at SC? How many SC tools is that?

2. Can someone confirm/repute my income/hour at Light Temple rune mines?[/hide]

[hide=Magic]To my understanding, there are 3 viable ways to do this: String Amulet, Diamond Bolts, and Rock Lobsters.

1. What is the best thing to use for string amulet? How fast does it buy?

2. How well to unenchanted/enchanted diamond bolts buy/sell?

3. How much would each of these cost, what is their xp/hour, and what price should I buy my equipment at?

4. Is there anything I am overlooking?[/hide]

[hide=Crafting]I'm most confused on this front. It seems to me the best way to do this are green dragonhide bodies.

1. Am I right?

2. What is the cost and xp per hour?

3. Should I use the SC needle?

4. Are there any methods I am overlooking?[/hide]

[hide=Hitpoints]1. PC or SW?

2. Xp/hour of each?

3. If SW, what role should I play to maximize my xp?

[hide=Range]1. Simply put, can I afford to chincompa to 99? That's the only method I am going to consider. I'd rather slay using ranged than any of the other methods.[/hide]

[hide=Prayer]1. I doubt I have the money, but I know I can make enough. So what is currently the most efficient bone?

2. I have my own Gilded Altar, should I go there using Slayer Ring (polly house) or house tabs? House tabs cost I think 600gp, while slayer rings are 20gp per tele.[/hide]

[hide=Summoning]1. I'd probably do Waterfiends, unless cannoning Black Demons is better for charms. So simple question, are Waterfiends better or worse than BD?

2. How long would the entire process take, from charm gathering to making the last pouch? (In hours). How much would it cost?[/hide]

[hide=Construction]1. I shall be making Oak Dungeon Doors, this is the best option, right?

2. What is the cost and xp per hour?[/hide]

[hide=Agility]1. I will be at AA until 80, then I'll be at Doresh'kaan. Is this the best plan, or am I overlooking something?

2. What is the xp per hour at each location, on average?

3. About how much will I spend on Super Energies? I will not go to the Salt Water Spa, and to my knowledge I do not think I can bring a Terrorbird to either course.[/hide]

[hide=Smithing]1. SC hammer, correct?

2. For me, what is the best gameplan? I probably won't smith plates since they lose too much. So what's the best thing to smith? I was thinking addy bolts...[/hide]

[hide=Herby]1. I notice that Zamorak Brews are extremely cheap herby xp. How well to they sell? How well to the ingredients buy?

2. If they aren't a viable option, how much will 99 herby cost me using the most efficient method?[/hide]

That's it for now. Thank you everyone who helps me ::'

I can't answer much, but:

Prayer:

1. Dragon bones are by far the most efficient

2. I really think that the Slayer Ring would be better, but I'm not sure how far away the tele spot is from the house.

Construction:

1. Oak Dungeon Doors are the best. In addition, use an SC hammer; it does double your xp.

Smithing:

1. Yes.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

I can't answer much, but:

Prayer:

1. Dragon bones are by far the most efficient

2. I really think that the Slayer Ring would be better, but I'm not sure how far away the tele spot is from the house.

Construction:

1. Oak Dungeon Doors are the best. In addition, use an SC hammer; it does double your xp.

Smithing:

1. Yes.

Ok great. Thanks. Btw, the slayer ring tele leaves you ~7 seconds from the house portal, but more importantly it allows you to have 1 extra space for a bone.

Is the hammer worth it? In my experience, it ran out way too fast.

Ok thanks.

Construction

1. Yes.

2. Not sure but SC hammers are worth there cost.

Summoning

1. Your stats waterfiends although if you have the money rock lobsters.

2. 100 per hour with waterfiends, 200 to 250 with rock lobsters. The exp is quick once you have the charms, but its late and the maths are pretty simple.

Prayer

2. house tele and use glory or rings of duelling. Although you loss a space you remove a lot of the loading/runnning time.

Range

1. Cannon at ice trolls till around the 85 to 90 mark and see how much you have. Or avis and use the money on chins.

Hitpoints

This will be achieved or very close with the ranged, summoning or magic goal.

Crafting

1. For pure exp and not hassle yes

3. I've not seen any figures on the matter, but it halves the cost so its up to you

4. Make glass its and effective way to level magic and get some crafting exp. Plus you can make charged orbs (and make battle staffs if you wish) and get even more exp in both skills.

Magic

4. See crafting 4.

Those are the ones I can help with and haven't been answered.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I'll Give my advice on the ones i can.

[hide=General Questions]1. At my stats, what is the general points/hour at SC? How many SC tools is that?[/hide]

I know you can get about 1 tool every game playing fastsc games. The games last about 12-15 minutes so thats about 4-5 games an hour. Works out to 4-5 tools an hour.

[hide=Magic]To my understanding, there are 3 viable ways to do this: String Amulet, Diamond Bolts, and Rock Lobsters.

3. How much would each of these cost, what is their xp/hour, and what price should I buy my equipment at?[/hide]

1. Gold Amulets. Once you string them they can be sold to the rogue Trader after Summer's End. If you haven't done the quest you can find a friend to do it for you.

3. The cost if you string Gold Amulets is the cost os 2 astral rune plus a Mud Staff. Also it depends on how much over the med price you might have to pay for the amulets. I hear the rates go as high as 150k exp/hr, but probably no lower then 100k exp/hr.

[hide=Crafting]I'm most confused on this front. It seems to me the best way to do this are green dragonhide bodies.

1. Am I right?

1. Yes, green hides are good, higher levels you could try higher hides.

3. SC needles will make it go faster and cost half the proce.

4. If you can, but the daily battlestaves from Zaff and make into Ait B-Staves. You can either alch or sell those once done.

2. Xp/hour of each?

1. I hear SW is a lot better. If you plan on getting 99 range, do that first as it will be lest time spent at SW for 99 hp.

2. idk

3. Burst/Barrage so you can hit multiple enimies i guess.

4. idk

[hide=Range]1. Simply put, can I afford to chincompa to 99? That's the only method I am going to consider. I'd rather slay using ranged than any of the other methods.[/hide]

1. Yes. From 80-99 it shouldn't cost to much and since you rune mine you can make some money back.

[hide=Prayer]1. I doubt I have the money, but I know I can make enough. So what is currently the most efficient bone?

2. I have my own Gilded Altar, should I go there using Slayer Ring (polly house) or house tabs? House tabs cost I think 600gp, while slayer rings are 20gp per tele.[/hide]

1. Dragon

2. Dont use either. What you do is buy law runes and dust runes. Dust runes are both air and earth runes. Cheaper then earth and air runes. You only lose 1 spot but you can bank and get to house much faster. Once in your house use a mounted glory to bank in Edgeville.

[hide=Summoning]1. I'd probably do Waterfiends, unless cannoning Black Demons is better for charms. So simple question, are Waterfiends better or worse than BD?

2. How long would the entire process take, from charm gathering to making the last pouch? (In hours). How much would it cost?[/hide]

1. Waterfiends are the 2nd best way to get charms. Bursting/Barraging rock lobs is the best. Since you want magic you could try that as well. But WFS are better then BD.

2. idk, maybe a while thought.

[hide=Construction]1. I shall be making Oak Dungeon Doors, this is the best option, right?

1. Yes, if you use the SC hammers it makes it go faster and cost less.

2. idk

[hide=Agility]1. I will be at AA until 80, then I'll be at Doresh'kaan. Is this the best plan, or am I overlooking something?

3. About how much will I spend on Super Energies? I will not go to the Salt Water Spa, and to my knowledge I do not think I can bring a Terrorbird to either course.[/hide]

idk about agility past 80, sry.

2. For me, what is the best gameplan? I probably won't smith plates since they lose too much. So what's the best thing to smith? I was thinking addy bolts...[/hide]

1. Yes.

2. Bolts are ok. Addy plates break even i believe, or are close to it. They are quite fast as well.

[hide=Herby]1. I notice that Zamorak Brews are extremely cheap herby xp. How well to they sell? How well to the ingredients buy?

2. If they aren't a viable option, how much will 99 herby cost me using the most efficient method?[/hide]

Idk sry.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Hello, I was thinking of getting a 99 or two over the summer, and it's never too soon to plan. So I was looking through popular training methods and looking at which skills I liked. It's been a while since I've been a member, so I'm mainly asking for up-to-date information. Let's get started then.

My stats:

Zaaps1.png

For those who use efficiency in their calculations, I mine rune as my source of income, averaging 700k or so last time I was a member. I think prices have fallen since then, so I'd say it's about 600k-700k now. I mine at the Light Temple with a War Tortoise familiar.

I also have 85m, but will probably spend at least 25m of that on other stuff. So I have 60m to play with.

[hide=General Questions]1. At my stats, what is the general points/hour at SC? How many SC tools is that?

Joining a nokill clan, you're looking at ~4 tools/hr.

2. Can someone confirm/repute my income/hour at Light Temple rune mines?

Rune ore is going up in price.[/hide]

Gold amulets, they're very very slow.

Personally I would stay away from this.

3. How much would each of these cost, what is their xp/hour, and what price should I buy my equipment at?

String ammy is 4gp/xp, rock lobbies are about the same.

4. Is there anything I am overlooking?

Magic tends to be something to train with another stat. If you're planning to go for another 99, don't overlook some methods to get some potential mage xp. Superheating gold for example[/hide]

1. Am I right?

Calculate it at the time. Blue leather/hide can be cheaper xp, but tend to require a bit more cash and time to stock up on materials.

Pretty sure both are in the 300k+/hr range.

Last time I calculated, you only use SC needles if you value your time under 400k/hr.

4. Are there any methods I am overlooking?

Battlestaves are a popular method, a bit cheaper and a bit slower.[/hide]

Neither

2. Xp/hour of each?

Doesn't matter

Don't play SW

4. Is there anything I am overlooking?

Yes, if you plan on ever training other combat stats to 99, 99 hp will just happen by the time you get 3 other 99s. Don't bother training hp, it will just happen, and you're just wasting your time by training it.[/hide]

[hide=Range]1. Simply put, can I afford to chincompa to 99? That's the only method I am going to consider. I'd rather slay using ranged than any of the other methods.

You can afford it, its around 40m from 80-99 if i remember.[/hide]

Dragon bones.

2. I have my own Gilded Altar, should I go there using Slayer Ring (polly house) or house tabs? House tabs cost I think 600gp, while slayer rings are 20gp per tele.

House tabs or dust runes+ laws, don't bother with rings.[/hide]

Waterfiends are better.

2. How long would the entire process take, from charm gathering to making the last pouch? (In hours). How much would it cost?

You'll average in the neighborhood of 20k-30k/hr[/hide]

Pretty sure

300k xp/hr, don't know the cost.[/hide]

Yes, unless you value your time over 1.2m/hr, or arn't using hammers.

2. For me, what is the best gameplan? I probably won't smith plates since they lose too much. So what's the best thing to smith? I was thinking addy bolts...

Mithril plates, then addy plates. Or superheating gold.[/hide]

Market is unstable for them, they where recently dumped.

2. If they aren't a viable option, how much will 99 herby cost me using the most efficient method?

Pretty sure its in the 80-120m range.[/hide]

That's it for now. Thank you everyone who helps me ::'

Answered what I could. Don't yell at me if somethings wrong

Smobo.png

Got his first skill cape April 7th 2009, at lv 121+12 cb and 2000 total

Awesome guys, thanks a bunch. I will be taking into consideration all you guys have said.

Specific questions:

1. If I were to chincompa to 99, is it worth the trouble to get Void? I probably won't use it again. I am able to get into Vets PC boat.

2. Addy plates break even? How are you getting rid of them? If they break even I'm doing those, lol.

3. What's a good SC no kill clan chat?

Awesome guys, thanks a bunch. I will be taking into consideration all you guys have said.

Specific questions:

1. If I were to chincompa to 99, is it worth the trouble to get Void? I probably won't use it again. I am able to get into Vets PC boat.

2. Addy plates break even? How are you getting rid of them? If they break even I'm doing those, lol.

1. Void is great. The melee set also works great if you plan on camping for 99 att/str/def.

2. I think if you alch them you get some money back. Also since the new pvp you might be able to make runes kites and sell those.

3. Fastsc*, the * can be 1-8 i believe, just try one and you're bound to find an active one sooner or later.

[hide=Drops]Slayer:Draconic Visage x3, Abyssal Whip x23, Dark Bow x3, Dragon Platelegs x3, Dragon Boots x40, Dragon Plateskirt x4, Shield Left Half x3, Dragon Medium Helms x10

GWD:

CS: Zamorakian Spear x2, Zamorak Hilt x1, Bandos Chestplate x1, Sara Sword x1

DKs: Dragon Hatchet x3 Beserker Ring x1[/hide]

[hide=Completed Goals]99Attack.pngAchieved April 26, 200999Defence.pngAchieved Sept. 15, 200999Hitpoints.pngAchieved Nov. 21, 200999Strength.png Jan. 10, 2010

99Slayer.png Achieved Mar. 5, 2010[/hide]

[hide=Goals]c1dfeeb1d3.pngCptBaker.pngCptBaker.png[/hide]

Specific questions:

1. If I were to chincompa to 99, is it worth the trouble to get Void? I probably won't use it again. I am able to get into Vets PC boat. Some people say that its better to use Armadyl Armour because of the high Atk Bonus but most people way that Void is the best. If you dont want to buy Arma then definitly get Voil i think you need about 1050 Points to get full ranged Void.. You should avg about 84 - 92 points an hour depending on your clan.

Just sell them on the GE. They should sell rather fast becuase alot of people use it in F2P Pk.

3. What's a good SC no kill clan chat? Cant help here sorry.

demonic.png

comment-1.jpg

**Thanks to Boo_Boy666 for my amazing Singnature**

[hide=Slaytanicc's Achievments]|99Cooking achieved 24Dec 2008|99Strength achieved 17Feb 2009|99Hit Points achieved 8April 2009|

|99Defense achieved 29May 2009|99Attack achieved 2August 2009|99Ranged achieved 14August 2009|[/hide]

[hide=Guides by Slaytanicc]Aviansie Maging + Ranging Guide (Must Read!!)

Iron Mining + Banking Guide

Green Dragons Guide

Ankou Slaying Guide[/hide]

Specific questions:

1. Void is great. The melee set also works great if you plan on camping for 99 att/str/def.

2. I think if you alch them you get some money back. Also since the new pvp you might be able to make runes kites and sell those.

3. Fastsc*, the * can be 1-8 i believe, just try one and you're bound to find an active one sooner or later.

1. I don't think I'll use Void, in any shape or form, again after 99 ranged. I'm not a big monster hunting guy, and I'll probably slay to my 2 remaining melee 99s. Plus I'm only 4 levels from 99 attack and 9 from defense. Therefore if I were to get range void, I'd only use it for chincompas. Is it still worth it?

2. Ok I'll consider those options

3. Great, thanks.

EDIT: @ Gorgoroth

1. I'll just buy Armadyl then since I could always sell it back

2. If I sold that's still a pretty steep loss of 2k per plate, I'm starting to think that addy plates aren't worth it.

You mention zamorak brews for herblore. Those are not typically good... maybe the prices are good because they are being merchanted or something right now. More dependable potions are super defence, super attack, and serum 207s.

lalalasig2.png

I suggest getting 99 attack to raise your HP to near 99. Then range through whatever. You could also farm, can multi task with another skill and get a very respectable 99. I don't do the inside info about XP rates and such, so yeah. Good luck with whatever you choose.

PM me for fitocracy invite

Thank you for all of your replies, I'm still deciding and will take your replies into consideration. Thanks again.

I suggest getting 99 attack to raise your HP to near 99. Then range through whatever. You could also farm, can multi task with another skill and get a very respectable 99. I don't do the inside info about XP rates and such, so yeah. Good luck with whatever you choose.

I'm actually going for 99 attack right now (f2p).

2. Can someone confirm/repute my income/hour at Light Temple rune mines?[/hide]

1) As others have mentioned, games take about 12 or so minutes in a non-combat SC clan. With the 2 min waiting period it is 14 mins. So you get 4.29 games done an hour average 23 points a game, which is about 4.93 Morphic tools an hour.

2) Can't mine so can't help here, sorry.

1) Gold amulets are best and they can be sold to a NPC after Summers End. You will still incur a loss. Not too sure on the buying rate.

2) Enchanted sell quite easily, not too sure on unenchanted.

3) Have never tested, so I can't help you out on the experience rates at the moment. As for what price, try and buy as low as possible ::' . Although in most cases if you want to get them at all (Gold amulets) you will need to buy for max.

4) Superheating gold ore. Can be quite expensive but you get a fairly decent Magic and Smithing experience rate. It is about 95k Magic and 101.3k Smithing (trying to remember off the top of my head) experience per hour. It costs about 950k or so an hour. May or may not be worth depending on how you value the Smithing and Magic experience.

1. Am I right?

1) Generally yes you are right that Green Dragonhide bodies are best. But Blue ones might be better.

2) For Green; 260k experience per hour at a loss of 1.27Mil per hour (based on current GE prices).

For Blue; 294k experience per hour at a loss of 1.68Mil per hour (based on current GE prices).

At those rates and prices, it is more efficient to stick to Green (unless your Rune mining jumps to over 1.8mil profit per hour ;) )

3) The tool lasts for about 43,900 experience, a bonus of 21,950. It also halves the cost of the experience. At an hourly rate using the needles, you will gain 118,174 Crafting experience per hour at a loss of 288,447gp per hour. So if you can make over 527k an hour (which via Rune mining you can), it is more efficient to not use the needles.

4) Not that I can think of.

2. Xp/hour of each?

1) Soul Wars will get you the faster Hitpoints experience.

2) Not 100% sure on rates.

3) The only way to maximise the experience is to win every game and that during the game you do a lot of damage to gain additional experience.

4) Put simply, I would say do not do either. You are eventually going to get Attack/Strength/Range to 99 correct? In doing so Hitpoints will get to 99 anyway, so do not bother focusing on just Hitpoints. That is just my opinion though.

1) I am not too familiar with the methods for this. I would advise you look at the guide by Chenjs2 in the Archive of Wisdom. That will contain all the rates you will need.

1) Dragon Bones are most efficient.

2) You would have to weigh up whether the extra ~7 seconds and the saving of 580gp is worth the one extra bone. The extra effect of the one bone would be minimal really, and the money saved is also minimal. For nothing more than simple ease, I would stick to the house tabs.

Something you may not have seen is the way to speed up the training (works with cooking and other similar offer-all skills). After doing offer-all/5/10, wait until the second bone gets used and then use another bone on the altar and also offer-all/5/10. The first 2 get used much quicker than the rest. So for no extra cost, you can speed up the training. There is a guide in the General Guide section on it, it has been known about for a long time though.

1) Cannoning Black Demons is less efficient.

2) It depends entirely on your set up and your kill rates. The time for making the pouches is negligible in comparison to the collecting. I am unsure on the rate, but on Slayer I get about 60k Summoning experience per hour. It would be slightly less whilst not on Slayer, so you are looking at maybe 50k (assuming a 10% reduction in experience, and lowering the average experience per charm as my average is higher due to an already higher level). Since you need approximately 12mil experience, it would take about 240 hours to get the required charms and maybe 15 or so hours to use them. As for cost, I am not entirely sure. It will be subsidised slightly due to money made at Waterfiends however.

Although have said to Burst/Barrage Rock Lobsters, it is better that you do not. It is actually more efficient to get the charms from Waterfiends. I used to think the opposite, but upon testing and seeing that Waterfiends make 150k (or so I think it was) profit an hour compared to original comparison of break even, I have calculated Waterfiends more efficient.

1) Oak Dungeon Doors are indeed the fastest option (with Oak Planks). As for best, I am not entirely sure, but I would believe so.

2) It is possible to average about 290k experience per hour, which incurs a loss of 2.1mil an hour.

I won't bother re doing the calculations here, but using the Morphic Hammer is more efficient than not using one for Construction.

1) That is about right, however many say it may be best to stay at Ape Atoll until 85 before switching.

2) I think the Ape Atoll rate caps at about 52k experience per hour or so. The Dorgesh-Kaan goes up to about 58k or so.

3) You will use about 2k or a bit more Super Energies at the Dorgesh-Kaan course over the course of 85-99. Not sure about how many from 72-85 at Ape Atoll. All up I can guarantee it will be less then 3k.

1) Correct, assuming you are making things and not Superheating.

2) As mentioned with Magic, Superheating Gold Ores is one option as it will train both but with a large loss. If not, Addy Bolts up till 88 and then Adamant Plates is the about the best option.

1) Can't really help much here other than to say due to a recent patch they did become more valuable (can no longer accidentally kill you by taking away your last Hitpoint).

2) You can put herbs into vials at a rate of about 3,360 per hour and put seconds into that at a rate of about 2,290 per hour. An average of 2,825 potions per hour. You can probably work out the most efficient one from that.

Hope I helped.

ydrasil.png

I recommend Soul Wars for Hit, Range, and Mage. For summoning, you might be better off with the bursts but then again that would be Mage training. Soul Wars = Meleeing your Range/Mage up with no cost. Range/Mage tends to either take forever (Knives/Passive) or cost alot (Chinchompas/Ancients).

For maximum total exp potential, your role in Soul Wars is to learn how to leech or join a pro soul wars clan for maximum zeals. During game, you must constantly be fighting Pyrefiends with a whip. If you are bored, you can always go ruby speccing the Avatar but it's more expensive and less TOTAL exp in general. Don't bother with other players unless your bored or if the clan needs you.

Prayer...that Slayer ring idea sounds really good actually.

I won't comment on Herblore and Crafting.

SC hammers for construction. Oak dungeon doors are good. If your willing to spend tons, go for mahogany tables. Oak dungeon doors are good enough though.

Alot of people like SC hammers for smithing too. I haven't tried this. I'm just a BIG fan of goldsmith gloves which is probably the fastest (since you don't spend time in a minigame) but it can be quite the moneysink.

tomcatgt.png

tenta.png

Runescape, Funorb, "Mechscape" Videos

http://www.youtube.com/user/TOMCATLX

Thanks so much both of you!

Right now, I think I have my eyes set on ranged, smithing, crafting, magic, and agility. I still have to do more work though.

Smithing - do whatever has been suggested to 88.

After 88, addy plates are the only way to go. Buying bars just to smith plates is very expensive. However, if you use the blast furnace, you can smelt your own bars and smith them for profit. The key is getting there - your best option is to put your house in Taverly, use house teletabs and the nearby cart to travel to Keldagrim, and dueling rings to bank. You can also try using slayer rings to access the fairy ring outside the slaver dungeon in order to travel to right outside Keldagrim. This lets you use a BoB, but my tests of this method yield mixed results, even with a War Tortoise. The house method averages out to about 50k smithing XP and 200k of profit per hour, using super energy pots. Slow, sure, but if you turn those profits over into buying bars, you can break even and still level quickly. And you can use SC hammers when you smith the bars to really boost your XP rates.

After 88, addy plates are the only way to go. Buying bars just to smith plates is very expensive. However, if you use the blast furnace, you can smelt your own bars and smith them for profit. The key is getting there - your best option is to put your house in Taverly, use house teletabs and the nearby cart to travel to Keldagrim, and dueling rings to bank. You can also try using slayer rings to access the fairy ring outside the slaver dungeon in order to travel to right outside Keldagrim. This lets you use a BoB, but my tests of this method yield mixed results, even with a War Tortoise. The house method averages out to about 50k smithing XP and 200k of profit per hour, using super energy pots. Slow, sure, but if you turn those profits over into buying bars, you can break even and still level quickly. And you can use SC hammers when you smith the bars to really boost your XP rates.

Very interesting idea, thanks a bunch for bringing it up! I'll have to take a look at how much 99 smith would cost me other ways, and see how much I'd benefit, though. I tried the blast furnace before, and that door thing to the anvils really annoys the hell outta me #-o

For magic I'd really really suggest rock lobsters. I did them for 90-96 magic, and I still feel sorry I did diamond bolts for 96-99. Why? Cause I love summoning, but since I'm already 99 magic, I can't put myself to doing rock lobsters again, so I stick with the slower slayer way.

For magic I'd really really suggest rock lobsters. I did them for 90-96 magic, and I still feel sorry I did diamond bolts for 96-99. Why? Cause I love summoning, but since I'm already 99 magic, I can't put myself to doing rock lobsters again, so I stick with the slower slayer way.

Thanks bedman. I want to get it for the charms too, I think I might go that path, but I still don't know if I have the money to advance both skills so far.

For mage, plank make is more exp an hour then string amulet (5-10k or so more) and half the cost. This or bursting lobs is best way to 99 I suppose. I got 99 in like 2-3 weeks doing this its fast easy and cheap. Diamond bolts are slightly faster exp, have a max limit per day, flucuate in price, but at times can be better to do. If you ever plan to get 99 slayer, this will get your charms for 99 summoning so you may or may not want to burst.

For pray, you use an earth staff, stack of laws and airs in inventory. The 1 space you lose vs teletabs or slayer ring(slow) is definately worth it. use a mounted glory in room beside altar to bank in edge fast.

For ranging grey chins are more efficient as shown by chenjs2 ranging guide

ilovecardj.png

ilovecardj.png

Dragon Drops: 80+ boots, 7 med, 3 skirt, 2 left half, 2 Spear, 2 2h

Slayer: 30+ whips, 4 Bows, 1 Mask, 3 Granite Legs, 1 Visage (Wyverns)

Notable GWD Splits: Bandos Tassets: 12, Bandos Chest: 11, Bandos Hilt: 2

Proud Slayer of 99 Att/Str/Def/HP/Range/Summoning

For mage, plank make is more exp an hour then string amulet (5-10k or so more) and half the cost. This or bursting lobs is best way to 99 I suppose. I got 99 in like 2-3 weeks doing this its fast easy and cheap. Diamond bolts are slightly faster exp, have a max limit per day, flucuate in price, but at times can be better to do. If you ever plan to get 99 slayer, this will get your charms for 99 summoning so you may or may not want to burst.

For pray, you use an earth staff, stack of laws and airs in inventory. The 1 space you lose vs teletabs or slayer ring(slow) is definately worth it. use a mounted glory in room beside altar to bank in edge fast.

For ranging grey chins are more efficient as shown by chenjs2 ranging guide

Awesome, thanks, esp. on magic. I totally forgot about plank make. Is it still mahogany?

Very interesting idea, thanks a bunch for bringing it up! I'll have to take a look at how much 99 smith would cost me other ways, and see how much I'd benefit, though. I tried the blast furnace before, and that door thing to the anvils really annoys the hell outta me #-o

You won't actually smith the bars at the furnace. Just smelt, bank, and repeat. Then when you have a certain amount, go somewhere else to smith them. Then you don't have to deal with the gate, which I agree is quite annoying.