McDonalds Is Good For You!

Maze

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, no.

If you want to make your own food at home, you can generally make it healthier. You can make your own burgers. They'll be more filling and :shock: healthier.

So if I like to eat a deep fried processed chicken burger with full fat mayo and bacon with a fairly sweet bun, with a large portion of over salted fries and close to a litre of coke, I can make it healthier at home? Mate, just use your common sense and THINK about my statement. Some people LIKE eating food this way, so they CHOOSE to prepare it that way, using those ingredients. Again, if you will read my quote PROPERLY, you'll see that you have created an argument out of nothing.

I'm more than happy to agree that home cooked meals to tend to seem more filling.

SoLawny.png

Well, then you seriously need to look at your diet.

I knew a few guys who were actually pretty active in sport, and school has taught me something. Stick to eating stuff like pasta, the carbohydrates provide a good source of energy. Well, the stracthy carbohydrates, not the sugar ones. Red meats are a good source of protien too, and can be prepared to your liking. And hell, theres tons of delicious dishes that can be made that taste a lot [bleep]ing better than your overproccessed crap, and hell, it can actually work out to be pretty cheap. Better food for less of a cost. Sounds like a good deal to me. And seriously, you like the coke they serve there? Its watered down, go out and buy a few [bleep]ing bottles. Cheaper, and tastes better. Hell, you can even get some good deals on cans. My best was two 6 packs for £2.70, thats what? 22.5p per can? And its 330ml cans.

There is no reason to eat too much at McDonalds when you know even the basics about nutrition. Sure, I'm not the healthiest guy, but hell, when I cook burgers, its on one of the machines which has all the fat and grease draining out. Other times? Well, I mostly cook stuff thats quick to prepare, so soup, beans and the like. I just don't have the ingredients to make stuff myself. However, I do occasionally eat pizza now and again. The main thing I lack is my fruits/vegetables, plus I mostly drink stuff like coke, lemonade, irn bru, but thats just something I find hard to kick.

Eating [cabbage] like that, all the time is nowhere near good for you, no matter how much you exercise, and you'll be running out of energy quicker too.

swordfinalqr7.jpg

Denizen of Darkness| PSN= sworddude198

Well, then you seriously need to look at your diet.

I knew a few guys who were actually pretty active in sport, and school has taught me something. Stick to eating stuff like pasta, the carbohydrates provide a good source of energy. Well, the stracthy carbohydrates, not the sugar ones. Red meats are a good source of protien too, and can be prepared to your liking. And hell, theres tons of delicious dishes that can be made that taste a lot [bleep] better than your overproccessed crap, and hell, it can actually work out to be pretty cheap. Better food for less of a cost. Sounds like a good deal to me. And seriously, you like the coke they serve there? Its watered down, go out and buy a few [bleep] bottles. Cheaper, and tastes better. Hell, you can even get some good deals on cans. My best was two 6 packs for £2.70, thats what? 22.5p per can? And its 330ml cans.

There is no reason to eat too much at McDonalds when you know even the basics about nutrition. Sure, I'm not the healthiest guy, but hell, when I cook burgers, its on one of the machines which has all the fat and grease draining out. Other times? Well, I mostly cook stuff thats quick to prepare, so soup, beans and the like. I just don't have the ingredients to make stuff myself. However, I do occasionally eat pizza now and again. The main thing I lack is my fruits/vegetables, plus I mostly drink stuff like coke, lemonade, irn bru, but thats just something I find hard to kick.

Eating [cabbage] like that, all the time is nowhere near good for you, no matter how much you exercise, and you'll be running out of energy quicker too.

My last statement was rhetorical mate, I don't eat fried foods and I don't drink coke. I'm willing to bet I know at least as much about nutrition as you do, probably more because of what I'm required to know for work. I eat salads, grilled chicken wraps and water. The reason I eat McDonald's every day is because..

A) It's convenient

B) It's free.

C) I know EXACTLY what's in it, so I can work my supplements around it.

Eating at McDonald's rather than cooking at home saves me well over 15 hours a week, which is better used in the gym or on the field. The minute nutritional benefits of cooking healthier types of food instead of McDonalds + supplements is nothing compared to the extra time I have available working on my skills or studying opponents.

I never denied that you can make very healthy, tasty foods on a budget at home. I'm trying to point out to you that some people choose not to eat that way, or it doesn't suit their lifestyle.

I used to be just like you. I found it difficult to shake soft drinks, I loved cooking for myself and my family and I thought people were silly for eating take away on a daily basis. Life isn't the same for everyone and it won't always be the same for you, accept it.

SoLawny.png

I was so hoping somebody had done some research and found it healthy when o read the title of this, i would never leave there if it was good for me.

Am i the only one who only eats big macs from mcdonalds? There so hard to eat because once you get to the last half theres just too much filling and not enough bun to hold it all in and it goes everywere, but god they taste so good.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'm not sure how I used to eat McDonalds, ugh.

Burger King on the other hand? [bleep] yes please.

Burger King is twice as expensive but tastes two times better.

But it is twice as fattening(I read the food chart thingy during one of my breaks, and OMG!)

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Am i the only one who only eats big macs from mcdonalds? There so hard to eat because once you get to the last half theres just too much filling and not enough bun to hold it all in and it goes everywere, but god they taste so good.

I do but I never get filled up from them. Two happy meals is more filling than a big mac meal for some reason.

I was so hoping somebody had done some research and found it healthy when o read the title of this, i would never leave there if it was good for me.

there is a fine art of eating a big mac without all the filling coming out. i have pretty much mastered it although i do get the odd rogue big mac where the filling goes everywhere.

iteme3721.jpg

Story sounds pretty awesome, but because I didn't read all the posts, I don't know what should I hint you.

Oh, I know. Good luck, go for it! ;)

sizegf9.jpg

^ my book :^_^:

I don't play anymore, but I'm grateful I played through the best RS times!

Why is the majority of people here ashamed of saying they enjoy fast food. If you've eaten fast food chances are you like it, its created to be liked. So stop with all the [cabbage] about how "you get sick to your stomach after eating it", we know its not true. :mrgreen:

I eat McDonalds 4-6 times a day(4 during summer, 6 during winter), 7 days a week. Trust me, I'd admit it if I like it, but I'm not a fan. I've never quite understood why people would eat it if It makes them sick, or if they think it makes them fat. It honestly isn't worse for you than a lot of things you would cook at home if those are the kinds of foods you like to eat.

I'm technically overweight, but that's because

A) I play sport for a living. (I have a part time job to cover social expenses)

B) It's the off season.

C) I'm apparently an alcoholic.

It's perfectly reasonable to enjoy eating food that is cheap, tasty and convenient.

You're overweight because you eat McD 4 to 6 times a day. That's the reason you're overweight. Stop finding excuses for that. And oh, if that's how you cook at home you really should learn to cook better/other things/healthier.

Personally, I eat McD a few times a year. I have no need for it, at all. Don't see what I would be missing out on.

The McDonalds will help that, but on an average night out you'll consume twice to three times as much calories in beer than a standard McDonalds meal, a 500ml can of Budweiser has roughly 500 calories in it, more than a large chips from McDonalds.

Perhaps that's the food he likes? Heard of opinions lately? People have differing opinions / tastes / likes, if that's what he likes then let him eat it and stop being such a [puncture] about it.

Why post a thread if its a 'joke'? ¬_¬

Ask yourself the inverse of that.

Why not post a thread if its not a joke? too many negatives its confused me.

I haven't been to burger king in ages, its a shame there arent any around here, they actually look like the burgers are nicer.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Why is the majority of people here ashamed of saying they enjoy fast food. If you've eaten fast food chances are you like it, its created to be liked. So stop with all the [cabbage] about how "you get sick to your stomach after eating it", we know its not true. :mrgreen:

I eat McDonalds 4-6 times a day(4 during summer, 6 during winter), 7 days a week. Trust me, I'd admit it if I like it, but I'm not a fan. I've never quite understood why people would eat it if It makes them sick, or if they think it makes them fat. It honestly isn't worse for you than a lot of things you would cook at home if those are the kinds of foods you like to eat.

I'm technically overweight, but that's because

A) I play sport for a living. (I have a part time job to cover social expenses)

B) It's the off season.

C) I'm apparently an alcoholic.

It's perfectly reasonable to enjoy eating food that is cheap, tasty and convenient.

You're overweight because you eat McD 4 to 6 times a day. That's the reason you're overweight. Stop finding excuses for that. And oh, if that's how you cook at home you really should learn to cook better/other things/healthier.

Personally, I eat McD a few times a year. I have no need for it, at all. Don't see what I would be missing out on.

The McDonalds will help that, but on an average night out you'll consume twice to three times as much calories in beer than a standard McDonalds meal, a 500ml can of Budweiser has roughly 500 calories in it, more than a large chips from McDonalds.

Perhaps that's the food he likes? Heard of opinions lately? People have differing opinions / tastes / likes, if that's what he likes then let him eat it and stop being such a [puncture] about it.

4 to 6 times a day :shock: .. Your technically overweight because you play sports? That is like the reverse affect .. unless you don't actually take it serious and are participating in a sport just to please your parents. I think you should watch Super Size Me.

tFtfA.jpg

I only eat Mcdonald's uhhhhh at most once per week, and most of the time i eat the fries instead of getting a burger.

And by the way, I didn't find the skit funny at all. Is it supposed to be humorous?

4 to 6 times a day :shock: .. Your technically overweight because you play sports? That is like the reverse affect .. unless you don't actually take it serious and are participating in a sport just to please your parents. I think you should watch Super Size Me.

Steve, if you read my posts you will realise why. It's not the reverse at all. I'm required to have large amounts of muscle, and as such, my BMI is in the "overweight" range. If you'd like, I could rattle off a list of about 20 AFL players and god knows how many rugby players of a similar height and build to myself during the playing season, that are all exactly the same, and that's just off the top of my head! I take my sport VERY seriously. It pays for my house, my car, my phone and my future. So please, I'll ask you again, to read my posts before commenting on them.

I've seen super size me. I'm not an idiot. If you read my posts, you'd understand what I eat from there, why I eat from there and how it works out much better than the alternatives.

Kranked: That's why you drink pure blonde, it has about 1/5th the calories of most of the other popular beers around here!

SoLawny.png

Well, I did the skit.

It went very well, lots of students (even the teacher) laughed at the jokes. We added some new jokes in there and changed the ending around to make it awesome. :D So yeah, I got an A! =D>

Well, I did the skit.

It went very well, lots of students (even the teacher) laughed at the jokes. We added some new jokes in there and changed the ending around to make it awesome. :D So yeah, I got an A! =D>

Er, what did you add?

Well, I did the skit.

Er, what did you add?

Well, you know how McDonalds now has milk and apple slices for kids? The manager dies and Jimmy becomes the new manager, and he becomes the manager at this time. He has a heart attack because he is disgusted at the healthy items on the menu.

It doesn't sound good on paper, but when we acted it out, it was brilliant.

No, it sounds like it would be just as bad acted out.

I mean seriously, you need a very weak heart to get a heart attack from shock.

It happens....

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!