Graphics

ilovesilvia

im hoping that itll be like rs hd atleast. i also wouldnt mind being able to zoom in on your character

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

From what I remember, Jagex stated they will have DirectX compatibility too(instead of current OpenGL) which allows better graphics easier. I just hope there would be a bit lower detail version so I could play. :pray:

sigsig.png

Click the picture for my blog. \:D/

When they say one or two steps beyond Runescape HD they could just be saying this subjectively, or for how efficient the graphics are rendered, with minor graphical improvement.

They could even be saying this because we could be playing in first-person perspective and we'll be able to see the textures up close and be like "Oh wow, this is really good", but when you zoom out to third person, it really just looks similar to Runescape HD quality, just a tiny bit more filtering and a bit more textures on the models for the close-up perspectives.

If they're going to be using DirectX then they'll be able to take advantage of video cards,and if that is their aim, then we'll probably seen more human-like models (if there's humans), and not the squares that are the Runescape models. An example would be the characters skin, it won't just be one colour, but shades of the same colour, we'll actually have eyes in-game, hair will be more detailed, weapons won't be three colours with lighting on them, but may even shine and have texture on them that doesn't look like a repeating pattern.

I personally not expecting some major graphical improvement at all, just a lot more textures on objects and finer detail on models like eyes, hair, skin, clothing...etc.

Also how the game makes you view things is a huge factor as well.

Since it's probably built from scratch, it'll probably have better graphics than RSHD. It'll also have higher system requirements, probably. From a business point of view it seems the most viable to hop on the graphics bandwagon, even though some people might not be able to play the game.

Just speculation though.

Since it's probably built from scratch, it'll probably have better graphics than RSHD. It'll also have higher system requirements, probably. From a business point of view it seems the most viable to hop on the graphics bandwagon, even though some people might not be able to play the game.

Just speculation though.

I don't see how shutting people out of possibly playing is a viable business stand point =/

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Just speculation though.

I don't see how shutting people out of possibly playing is a viable business stand point =/

Its a selling point for hard core gamers, which is a good business decision.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

I highly doubt there will be just one graphics option, exclusively playable by those with up to date computers. While it is very likely that such a version may exist, it is also very UNlikely that a standard version would not appear in the game. Jagex is quite proud of the fact that RuneScape is playable by almost anyone with an internet connection and access to Java, and I highly doubt they would willingly shut out players of a new game.

The thing is, they know they can make a standard detail, it's a choice of if they WANT to make a standard detail. And my guess is yhey'll want to.

signature

Just speculation though.

Its a selling point for hard core gamers, which is a good business decision.

I don't see Jagex trying to target the hardcore gamers though. I really hope they don't start to either. We've got enough games for hard core gamers already -.-

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

Well, it would be nice if the vehicles and physics got as good as in the Mechwarior series- like Mechwarior 4. Or, at least as good as Mechcommander2. By choosing the name Mechscape, they make me think of the battle-tech universe. I know that's not what Mechscape will be, or else we would be hearing that they got permission to use their vehicles.

It would be really nice if there was a full screen version, with a high resolution so things don't look so grimy. Of course, I want to see physics and smoke, and all that good stuff. But, to me, gameplay is not all about graphics. Sound matters as well, and I hope that's way better than runescape's. Oh- and the game has to work well as a MMO, the economy if there is one needs to make sense (no broken crafting system that makes raw materials more valuable than the finished products), and combat should be allot better, preferably user controlled, not AI played like runescapes clumsy system where people take turns swinging swords at each other. The use of cover would be great, as would a first person combat system like in a shooter.

Clan Moderator from December 15th 2006- August 20th 2007

Founder of: Terran Gamers, formerly known as Militos Deci

• 4 weeks later...