Searching For a Truly Terrifying Horror Novel

Yes_Its_Ross

The Metamorphosis.

:lol:

I wouldnt consider that scary; its very weird but nothing about it is scary.

House of Leaves is like this, too; very weird, but at the same time horrifying. Especially if you wake up in the middle of the night and go all paranoid because the light is on. It can sare you with its strangeness.

But if Stephen King doesn't frighten you, it's a lost cause. I nearly crapped my pants when I read Pet Cemetary, though I was only in 6th grade at the time.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I'll recommend you a horror book just as soon as a novelization of Condemned: Criminal Origins is published.

Serious Answer: If Stephen King didn't really scare you, it's going to be hard. Tbh, I find it kind of difficult to be really scared by text. I think the closest you'll get is by reading a book that's just a total 100% mind [bleep].

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

The Washingtonians.

Not that scary, but freaky as hell. (It's about George Washington being a cannibal and forming a cult of cannibals that wear 1700s attire.)

I think the closest you'll get is by reading a book that's just a total 100% mind [bleep].

I think he should read 1984 if he's looking for something like that. It's scary in it's own right.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

I've been meaning to read some Stephen King this summer, I've sorta been looking for a scare.

I've heard H.P. Lovecraft is god?

Fix'd. But though he's pegged as a horror writer, it's not scary so much as "holy [bleep]" when it gets down to it. More chilling than frightening.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

angel2w.gif

The Washingtonians.

Not that scary, but freaky as hell. (It's about George Washington being a cannibal and forming a cult of cannibals that wear 1700s attire.)

I think the closest you'll get is by reading a book that's just a total 100% mind [bleep].

I think he should read 1984 if he's looking for something like that. It's scary in it's own right.

It'd be scarier if you read about something similar to Newspeak in the newspaper/internet/news :lol:

I've been meaning to read some Stephen King this summer, I've sorta been looking for a scare.

Fix'd. But though he's pegged as a horror writer, it's not scary so much as "holy [bleep]" when it gets down to it. More chilling than frightening.

Psychological Horror > Shock Horror.

Yea, but it's really the best you can get. Shock horror in print stops working well once you hit the teen years, really.

whalenuke.png

angel2w.gif

Yea, but it's really the best you can get. Shock horror in print stops working well once you hit the teen years, really.

I guess thats what happening to me. :(

]

The Washingtonians.

It'd be scarier if you read about something similar to Newspeak in the newspaper/internet/news :lol:

+1

The book is scary as in 'omg this could happen'. It has all the elements of fear into people, aswell as the parts of the book where you realize how manipulative the human mind is and how your fears are the greatest weapon.

Book question tho

[hide=]When he sent to room 101, they treated him like that because if they excuted him, he would've defeated Big Brother if he had a normal mind set. So they did all that stuff in room 101 to make sure Big Brother doesn't lose? Cause Big Brother never loses. Right?[/hide]

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I'm pretty sure there must be novels on the Blood Countess, you could look that up.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Book question tho

[hide=]When he sent to room 101, they treated him like that because if they excuted him, he would've defeated Big Brother if he had a normal mind set. So they did all that stuff in room 101 to make sure Big Brother doesn't lose? Cause Big Brother never loses. Right?[/hide]

[hide=]Yeah. They wanted to make him grow to love BB by giving him generous rations and liquor and by making his appearance look better and all of that stuff. Then they randomly took him down a long corridor and shot him in the head. That way, BB could never be psychologically defeated because in the end, Wilson lost because was manipulated into loving BB, his greatest enemy. Likewise, they tore his relationship with that women apart and they grew to no longer love each other. This way, Wilson (and the girl) both suffered a demise worse than death. By manipulating people like this, BB could never lose, and Oceania would be an eternal empire and eventually overthrow Eurasia and Southeast Asia (or possibly continue into eternal war in order to manipulate their citizens).[/hide]

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Book question tho

[hide=]Yeah. They wanted to make him grow to love BB by giving him generous rations and liquor and by making his appearance look better and all of that stuff. Then they randomly took him down a long corridor and shot him in the head. That way, BB could never be psychologically defeated because in the end, Wilson lost because was manipulated into loving BB, his greatest enemy. Likewise, they tore his relationship with that women apart and they grew to no longer love each other. This way, Wilson (and the girl) both suffered a demise worse than death. By manipulating people like this, BB could never lose, and Oceania would be an eternal empire and eventually overthrow Eurasia and Southeast Asia (or possibly continue into eternal war in order to manipulate their citizens).[/hide]

[hide=]What are you reading? They tourtured him in room 101 with the verge of his greatest fear of gettin his face grawled by the rats, they cracked his mind and changed it. They didn't win it over, remember 2+2=5? On the table? til he 5? Also the book ended with him playing chess agianst BB, he was going to be excuted after the book ended. I agree w/ the rest though, BB never loses. And the war, imo, is fake[/hide]

Also youtube got the entire movie, the actor that plays O'Brien was the last role he played before he died. He did AMAZING.

movie was beast

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

I just have one question: which King books have you read? It would probably help alot, seeing as to how there are NUMEROUS books out there, and you maybe didn't find the right one.

Me personally, I got creeped out by The Stand. I think that was mainly due to the fact that I was living in Old Orchard Beach, ME at the time that I read it, and just the description was too perfect.

For it to be terrifying, you have to be really into it. It's like going to a summer camp, if you don't forget how lame some of it is, you're not going to enjoy it at all.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

The Metamorphosis.

:lol:

I wouldnt consider that scary; its very weird but nothing about it is scary.

House of Leaves is like this, too; very weird, but at the same time horrifying. Especially if you wake up in the middle of the night and go all paranoid because the light is on. It can sare you with its strangeness.

Yes. House of Leaves

I love you Lenin. You are possibly the only person I know that has read and enjoyed this book.

I reccomend It, by Stephen King. Helluva' long read but well-worth it.