Nuclear Weapons

Dizzle229

Correct me if I'm wrong. The U.S. has enough nuc-u-lar weapons to destroy the world ten times over.

I say we just wipe out all modern warfare technology and start fighting like the olden days. Sword to shield. Like RuneScape without the magic.

You're wrong in response to the former.

Also go back to general based on the latter.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say we just wipe out all modern warfare technology and start fighting like the olden days. Sword to shield.

Do you even realize how many MORE people would die if we did that? Without nuclear weapons a full scale war between major superpowers would again be possible. The prospect of nukes is probably the biggest peacekeeper on earth.

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

I say we just wipe out all modern warfare technology and start fighting like the olden days. Sword to shield.

Do you even realize how many MORE people would die if we did that? Without nuclear weapons a full scale war between major superpowers would again be possible. The prospect of nukes is probably the biggest peacekeeper on earth.

You do realize he was being facetious. :roll:

I perfer a minimal deterrence and second strike stragety which a country keep a minimum nunber of nukes so that they are retaliate when being nuked but cannot effectively wipe out others if they decides to go on offensive

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

I perfer a minimal deterrence and second strike stragety which a country keep a minimum nunber of nukes so that they are retaliate when being nuked but cannot effectively wipe out others if they decides to go on offensive

I'd rather just bomb them using lots of small missiles and fighter jets, defence systems will be rather inefficient, due to the swarming of missiles, rather than a handful of large ones.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

It would be funny though, imagine what kind of tactics we would develop if we had to go back to pre gunpowder technology. On the bright side, reporters could actually film the entire battle for the historical record :lol:

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

It would be funny though, imagine what kind of tactics we would develop if we had to go back to pre gunpowder technology. On the bright side, reporters could actually film the entire battle for the historical record :lol:

But what happens when the zombies come?

But what happens when the zombies come?

Boat. :3

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Please take this to the appropriate thread. Although talking about zombies is entertaining, and even more so when morons argue over whether to use "22s" or ".303s" please do not defile innocent threads with your drivel. It's bad enough as it is. I swear half the people on the thread take it far too seriously.

Well then the first step would be to find Max Brooks.

Do you KNOW how hard that would be ? He is probably living several thousand miles away and you don't even have his contact details, or even his address. The prospect of finding Max Brooks is an impossible task to fulfill without the basic knowledge that neither you nor I posess.

I sooo wanted to create a nuclear weapon using music, but then I saw this:

vhvnu1.jpg

My life is ruined :(

Ahahahahaha that's funny. I think nuclear weapons are good but only if responsible countries have them, like:

Russia

UK

France

US

China

India

North Korea, Iran and Israel is not a good idea... unless they only destroy each other I guess.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

[bleep] nukes, man. EMP, that's the doomsday device. So much more dangerous. Sure, a nuclear weapon can annihilate everything in an area, but an EMP will wipe every electronic device in an area. Sounds like comparing a giant to an ant, except that ant has psychic mind [bleep] powers that won't kill you, but will render you completely helpless. A few EMPs over Wallstreet, bam! no economy. All records that haven't been backed up on paper, erased permanently. Over DC? Infrastructure is gone. Cars, planes, tanks, everything running on electric power will be rendered useless. Rioting would more than likely occur with no way to spread information about what the hell is going on. No defences active.

And because they don't destroy anything physically, a belligerent nation would be more likely to use EMPs than nukes. And there's no retaliation; all your launch sequences, missile data, targetting info, etc. is gone. I guess someone being EMP bombed would launch theirs early if they were being attacked like they would with nukes, so that might not be a big issue, but an EMP iss till more dangerous than a nuclear weapon. The attacked nation would pretty much tear itself apart, allowing the attacker to invade very easily with minimal losses and actually take over the land instead of making a big radiation dump.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

http://www.cracked.com/article_16477_5-famous-sci-fi-weapons-that-theyre-actually-building.html

Look at #2.

"The brute force of hundred-kilogram rods traveling over 7,000 MPH makes them ideal for penetrating underground bunkers, your mother, and hardened nuclear missile silos. You know, things you might find in a rogue state, in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Such treaties don't apply to hypervelocity rods, though they strike with the force of a tactical nuke, they produce no radioactive (and far less political) fallout. "

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

2Xeo5.png

http://www.cracked.com/article_16477_5-famous-sci-fi-weapons-that-theyre-actually-building.html

Look at #2.

"The brute force of hundred-kilogram rods traveling over 7,000 MPH makes them ideal for penetrating underground bunkers, your mother, and hardened nuclear missile silos. You know, things you might find in a rogue state, in violation of the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty.

Such treaties don't apply to hypervelocity rods, though they strike with the force of a tactical nuke, they produce no radioactive (and far less political) fallout. "

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

Nice idea but they said it comes from James Bond. I might agree with this, if I didn't read Extras, in which the idea was laid out for them.

Look at #2.

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

Nice idea but they said it comes from James Bond. I might agree with this, if I didn't read Extras, in which the idea was laid out for them.

they said jokingly that it was a combination of the death ray from james bond and a harpoon gun.

Im not sure about the exact payload capabilities but its certainly a fascinating/terrifying idea.

awteno.jpg

Look at #2.

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

they said jokingly that it was a combination of the death ray from james bond and a harpoon gun.

Im not sure about the exact payload capabilities but its certainly a fascinating/terrifying idea.

Note the name of the article. There are real plans in effect for these WMDs.

Railguns that can fire at mach 7, grenade launchers that fire 4000 shots per second, giant metal rods from space, lasers and death-causing frisbees.

Why, oh why, would anybody need weapons with this much destructive power?

Reminds me of this:

"Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy"

2Xeo5.png

• 2 weeks later...

WWIII nearly happened...stupid Cold War

Anyway, reduce Nukes, destroy the plans...maybe then itty bitty countries like Ireland won't get caught in the crossfire (I'm Irish)

Understanding.png

"Probably the worst thing I do is take bubble baths. But manly ones."

No matter what the avatar looks like, I'm male

Look at #2.

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

why dont they make the rods a bit heavier? a lil bit more weight will increase the damage done by alot....
I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Look at #2.

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

why dont they make the rods a bit heavier? a lil bit more weight will increase the damage done by alot....

probably so they would be practical as tactical weapons. If the damage is too widespread they wont be useable in anything but the most extreme circumstances. With smaller rods, you get some potential like flattening an enemy base or collapsing an entire cave without blowing the crap out of an entire state.

awteno.jpg

Look at #2.

Also, @ Lenin

EMP cannons are badass.

probably so they would be practical as tactical weapons. If the damage is too widespread they wont be useable in anything but the most extreme circumstances. With smaller rods, you get some potential like flattening an enemy base or collapsing an entire cave without blowing the crap out of an entire state.

well they could always make a few varieties, low, medium and high weight rods for different circumstances i guess

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come