poh house location

drixoman

hi

i was just considering where should my poh house portal be located....I have plan for 2 portal chamber and the glory amulet mounted... I designed it this way so I can somehow use the house as a transportation hub. As i want to save money and rune to travel, I would like that the house portal don't overlap with any other directly accessible transportation method..(fairy ring doesn't count as i need the staff). I am assuming i completed all the requirement to use any method here.

some additional example(I would proabably not have a lumby portal chamber as the glory teleport to al-kharid, which as of the run energy update should be easy to get to...)

btw..i am a f2p who's just planning poh..

you're welcome to share your reason for your poh location if you have one.

thanks..

I reccomend Relekka as there is already a teleport to yanille (watchtower) so you prob shouldnt waste it on that. Relekka is also very useful being near many locations needed for quests.

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

some stuff i considered:

first i eliminated many of the costly or awkward method such as

charter ship, fairy ring, hot air ballon etc...

having said that...the one i considered most contributing was the spirit tree as it seem to teleport to some of those hard-to-reach location....however..since you can farm you own tree...i also needed to decide where is my spirt tree located...

this i think added a another layer of complexity.

some location and reasoning....

yanille: probably dead-last..the house and watchtower coincide...

brimhaven: I think the glory can cover that so maybe not here...

pollni-one of my prime consideration..i am not much of a combat type but the desert is probably one of the hardest to reach place so perhaps...

relleka: also one of my prime consideration...if i don't have my spirit tree in miscelania...

rimmington: also a hard to reach location..although a bit useless....i guess i could alkharid jail "teleport" and run for a bit...

taverly: some distance to falador so maybe...burthrope is farther north so from falador maybe bit far

oh btw.....i think my primary spell book would probably be lunar so that also cover some other area..i just switch spell to tele to house....

i guess what i want here is maximum efficiency and coverage with the smallest or reasonable spending....

i am mostly not at combat or combat to collect resource, but since i am relative poor so i would prefer a location that would reach everywhere else immediately through the portal chamber or a jump to an secondary transportation method... although this need has somewhat decreased as of the run update....still i think it would economical and efficient to select a house location that can teleport to as many place as possible with ease...

when i first considered the locations i though i should place it in taverly since it's in the middle of the map...for example...

If you're just getting members, Taverly is a good place to start because it makes early summoning training much easier. After you get 57 summon (for kyatt), you can move it elsewhere.

yanille: redundant, since you can have a yanille portal inside the house

brimhaven: decent choice if you plan on farming (it's near a fruit tree patch), although ardy tele + boat will get you to the area reasonably fast anyways

pollnivneach: great if you need to get to the area often, such as for blackjacking, but only until you get the slayer ring, which can tele you there

relleka: redundant once you've unlocked lyres (forget which quest that is)

rimmington: near a bush patch, but not much else

taverly: good for summoning training and easy access to the Member's dungeon; also near a tree patch for farming and the place where you recharge glories

Currently, my house is in Pollivneach because it's a pain to get there otherwise and I stop by frequently for blackjack thieving training. However, once you get enough slayer points to learn how to make slayer rings (I haven't yet), this location becomes unnecessary.

Hope that was at least a bit helpful! I remember planning out my POH as f2p also, and construction was the first skill I trained in members.

ec713d33aa.pngstatsigright.gif

I know what you mean about a transportation hub. If you use the POH teleport spell and have set up two portal chambers and a mounted glory amulet, it probably doesn't matter too much where your house is located. It would be secondary, in my opinion.

I have my house in Yanille and now have a teleport to that city which saves on a law rune. My Spirit Tree is in Port Sarim so that I can have a relatively short run from a free cabbage patch teleport to the tree network which leads to the balloon transport system and and run up the Grand Tree to the gliders and with the Ring of slaying, quick access to the Rellekka Slayer Dungeon fairy ring.

I hadn't thought of moving the house to Rellekka, but really, for me, there is more going on in Yanille (with a daily visit to Pete for sand and the frequent Penguin sightings in the Yanille walls) and I usually use "C-I-P" to visit the Rellekka area, not to mention a free teleport with the Fremennik Sea Boots and a Lyre once-a-day.

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Depends what you're doing.

Exactly. No need to move it from Rimmington until you have a specific need to. Accessing your portals is much better done with house teleports/tabs than teleporting somewhere. Getting to Yanille for 1 less law for me isn't worth the time it takes for my house to load. There aren't really any locations that are outside an existing transportation system. Rellekka is probably the farthest useful "out there" location, because of the annoyances of the enchanted lyre and relative distance from the slayer ring teleport, and it allows for decent Moonclan access for switching to Lunar magick.

When Summoning came out, I switched to Taverley and haven't switched since. I love it because of easy access to the Taverley Dungeon and Heroes' Guild (for glories).

animsig.gif

[hide=Stats]I_B_Trolin_U.png[/hide]

"One death is a tragedy. A million deaths is a statistic."

-Joseph Stalin

When Summoning came out, I switched to Taverley and haven't switched since. I love it because of easy access to the Taverley Dungeon and Heroes' Guild (for glories).

I just use the Games necklace to get hear the HG and balloon transport from, say the Gnome Stronghold or Castle Wars to get to Taverly's dungeon area.

Yes, the house is closer, but those aren't high traffic areas for me...

295/303 Quest Points

For beginning members, Taverly. Teleport to house will get you close for training summoning.

Relekka also would be a fine choice for reasons said above.

Good luck.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

angel2w.gif Tip.It Website Crew Leader

[hide=Quotes]

I love it how Jafje comes outa nowhere and answers my questions

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Mine was in relakka until I got the fremmy boots 2 as its annoying having to recharge the lyre.

Its now in poli as its ideal for slaying and allows me to save the slayer ring teles for the more out of the way places.

If you want a PoH close to a bank add a glory, if you want a house closest to a tele choose poli (slayer ring ftw), if your training summoning Traverly as for Rimmington explorers ring, fairy rings and skills necklace teleports are all close.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Actually, I can recommend unlocking fairy rings (Fairy Tale pt 2 Quest, requires herb 57 among other things) for Relekka, in any case it depends on what you do really.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

Hehe now we know what real life does...drugs, drugs, more drugs. Thank god we are addicted to something that won't kill us.

[/hide]

Actually, I can recommend unlocking fairy rings (Fairy Tale pt 2 Quest, requires herb 57 among other things) for Relekka, in any case it depends on what you do really.

you actually dont need all the requirments, you need to have done fairy tale pt 1 and get as far as you will be instructed how to use the fairy rings

PurplSlayR.png

PurplSlayR.png

well first put it somewhere easy accesible so u can train construction very fast till 50+, after that put it in yanille since its the best place if u ever want to train in some more after 50.

next to yanile only relekka would be a good option also, but since you dont need to go there very often and after fairy rings there are faster ways to keep ur MTK aproval at 100% its of almost no use.

also for fairy tale part 2, it takes only about 10min in the quest before u can use the rings and since you want a spirit tree, you have to do part 1 for ur farming training (the blessed secateurs ftw)

claneurope.gif

exercitum-1.png

[hide]visage drop 11/01/09

goals:

all skills 70+ (completed)

all skills 80+

98% Of teenagers surround their minds with rap music, if you're part of the 2% that stayed with rock, put this in your signature, ROCK IS BETTER![/hide]

you actually dont need all the requirments, you need to have done fairy tale pt 1 and get as far as you will be instructed how to use the fairy rings

Fair enough, but it's never good to leave things unfinished. :wall:

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]

Fair enough, but it's never good to leave things unfinished. :wall:

It is if you can start the quest for access but don't have the herblore level needed to finish the quest, as was the case when I started the quest a long time ago. Those rings are life-savers!

295/303 Quest Points

Here's how I went about locating my poh. I stayed in rimmington in the early times up until lvl 52 construction, then at that point, with other things to train I didn't really even use it that much. When I did freminnik trials and took over miscellania, I was up their everyday to keep my approval up so I moved my house to relleka. Its also close to neitiznot and the slayer dungeons.

Recently I did smoking kills and adopted sumona as my slayer master so I immediately moved to pollniveach. As long as I'm focusing on slayer mainly that's where I'll be until something else comes along

Are you a member with a full bank and cancelling your subscription? Are you an F2P player that wants more bank space? Check out my guide on Going to F2P with a full bank

Once you get the ability to craft a Ring of slaying, that location is no longer necessary...don't forget.

295/303 Quest Points

I have mine in Yanille. It's simple for training construction and prayer as the bank is nearby, and it is one of my most frequently accessed areas. Do do have the watchtower teleport unlocked, but I just use House Teleport out of habbit. It's the easiest place to train construction and prayer.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.

Please do keep in mind that locations require a level as well.

ms_julie.png

jafjepediasig.jpg

[hide=Quotes]

[/hide]