Skillers

DoTa

hi everyone. i'm life of lv3 and if you havnt realised already, i'm a skiller.

Whats a skiller? you ask. well a pure skiller is a character who does not raise combat and focuses on only skills.

now, heres my question; what are you're thoughts on skillers? do you think they are fun? or maby you think they are pointless! tell me you're thoughts as i would like to know ::'

life_of_lv3.pngdyvmf7.jpg

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mind skillers, it's good that people like to challenge themselves, it brings more fun in to Runescape.

I do mind skillers who think they're better then anyone else because they are level 3.

Eejits.png

"Football is a simple game made complicated by people who should know better."

This thread comes up at least once a month. Honestly it doesn't matter what people think about skillers. Play the game for fun and shut up about it.

EDIT - Signature far exceeds our sig limits but since it's so colourful you can keep it.

thanks for taking you're time to reply :thumbup: the reason i skill is for challenge. after awhile, knowing that you can easily solo every monter in the game, go anywhere with virtualy no risk and spending all that time training gets boring, of course thats just my opinion.

edit:

in reply to Smackmypotatoe, honestly? i asked for you're opinions about skillers. you made it sound as if i asked you to do something much more difficult and tedious. if you'r going to post, please let it benefit the thread :shame:

edit:

in reply to Smackmypotatoe, honestly? i asked for you're opinions about skillers. you made it sound as if i asked you to do something much more difficult and tedious. if you'r going to post, please let it benefit the thread :shame:

He's right though.. this subject comes up in a new thread way too often.

Personally I don't mind them.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

This thread comes up at least once a month. Honestly it doesn't matter what people think about skillers. Play the game for fun and shut up about it.

This,

And putting players in specific groups is pointless and just creates divisions that lead to pointless arguing etc.

And I don't really see the point of level three skillers, but people can play the game how they want. Doesn't need to be analysed all the time.

I really like skillers, but it can be kinda borning to only train skills. I kinda wished if I was a level 3 skiller sometimes. But as of now, I consider my self a skiller, only combat skill Ive raised it the past 4 momths was a attack level.

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Being a Skiller does not mean that you have to be low leveled though. I am a level 136, but not many people would classify me as a warrior, seeing as I have 2300 total level and 11 non-combat 99's. Many skills can be trained much more efficiently if you took just a bit of time to get your combat up a little bit.

Skilling boosts that require some combat:

• Woodcutting - Summoning Familiar (Beaver), Lumberjack Outfit, Inferno Adze.

Fishing - Summoning Familiars (Granite Crab, Ibis, Granite Lobster), Monkfish, Shilo Village(possible at level 3), Barbarian Fishing.

Thieving - Pyramid Plunder, and just generally more hp for failures.

Mining - Summoning Familiars (Obsidian Golem, Obsidian Titan), Ability to mine in the wilderness much more safely, Access to Beasts of Burden for banking ores.

Farming - Access to more teleports, and more patches (especially My Arm's patch).

Agility - More hp for failures.

The biggest things that I think would be nice for a "Skiller" to have is high magic, and high summoning. With those two things you can effectively train any skill efficiently. Also with some combat you have much more access to different locations from quests, most of which can't be done at level 3.

***Your and You're :: They're different things***

OT: Skillers are cool, so long as they keep their arrogance to a minimum. I just don't understand why pkers have to have names like "1hitk0unubbye" yet skillers are "Silent Hammer". It's like people only want skillers to have creative names.

206mwr6.jpg

99 Fletching || 288/309 Quest Points || 99 Cooking ||

122 Combat || 99 Defence || 2000+ Total ||

16/25 80+'s || 99 Firemaking || 99 Woodcutting ||

2011 Goals : All skills 80+ | 99 Magic | 99 Farming | 99 Thieving | 99 Hunter | 99 Range

"The Unexamined Life is not worth living" - Socrates

I like challenges and if possible, I avoid fighting in games. So of course I have a skiller, in fact TWO, the difference being that with one I only train Mining and Smithing and with the other I train all non-combat skills.

My all-around skiller is called Luftballons (anagram: Blast of Null :D), and the miner guy is called Miner Tiigon (anagram: Mine Rioting :P). I still can't understand why I made that miner account, Mining and Smithing are my least favorite skills :wall:

Even simple quests such as The Knight's Sword are also much more fun with skillers, because of the added challenge. I will probably get membership for Luftballons someday, but her skills are really low at the moment (46 or 47? woodcutting being the highest...), so maybe a little more training, such as 60 woodcutting (which is really boring, as I've already done it twice) should be done first :)

(I still laugh at the "Blast of Null" anagram, though I realized it months ago...)

well i guess it could be the fact that pures intend to be thretening to their opponent, so they choose names indicating that they are strong or scary. whilst skillers avoid combat so the name's are normaly peiceful. I have noticed that their names seem to revolve around nature, such as the sun, whilst pure's names revolve around violence or 'fear factor'.

I would hate to be a pure skiller. Spending all that time training skills and not being able to fight anything would drive me crazy.

myarm2.png

2819th to reach 99 agility - June 30, 2009

Rare Drops: Champion Scrollx13, Shield Left Halfx2, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Spear

43rd Member of XV Champions Club - 2/07/11 http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=xvchampions

A recent rant came up about Level 3 skillers, which could be of help to you in answering your question on what people think about them.

Personally, I don't have a problem with them. I have one myself, I just don't ever play it anymore because the use of it is obsolete. (reason found in the topic).

But yeah, I say just play the game and enjoy it. That's what matters.

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

***Your and You're :: They're different things***

no their not ): YOU LIEEE

OT: Skillers are fine as long as they don't run around bragging in gold-trimmed mage stuff at lv3.

acctualy he's right. your means something belonging too, and you're means 'you are' basicaly. just realised that now, but i'll fix it later

OT: anyone running around wearing full wizzy (g) & boasting about it is annoying IMO -.-

runescape is no fun without the adrenaline rush of combat and the self-esteem boost of pwning noobs.

i'm not anti-skill in any way, but it gets tedious after you use a few thousand teletabs and use a monomental effort to do some quests (shilo, lost city, etc)

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

runescape is no fun without the adrenaline rush of combat and the self-esteem boost of pwning noobs.

i'm not anti-skill in any way, but it gets tedious after you use a few thousand teletabs and use a monomental effort to do some quests (shilo, lost city, etc)

skkillers dont do lost city... they have to kill a lvl 100 or something

plus zombies for the hatchet

OMG OMG SAILING IS COMING LOLOLOLOL!!!1111 b/c JAGEX GAMES STUDIO , ANAGRAM OF SAITO JUDGE X-GAMES

TAKASHI SAITO= RED SOX P1TCHER... RED SOX = BOSTON, BOSTON = PORT CITY!!!! PORT CITY = SAILING

Many skillers do Lost City and Shilo Village. Have you heard about Rings of Recoil?

acctualy we can do lost city, wit the aid of a friend with high hp.

basicaly it works like this. they kill the zombie, give me the hatchet, spirit appears, i use range on it (make the bow + arrows) untill i hit 1. the helper then casts confuse and finishes it with rings of recoils. the reason this works is because confuse hits nothing, and rings of recoil's dont count as player hits ::'

Here's how I've always viewed pures (not just skillers):

They handicap themselves to enjoy the game for themselves more. It doesn't bug me that they do it, and I'm most certainly willing to let them do it, so long as they don't complain about their own conscious choices and limitations.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.