FIXED, PLEASE LOCK

Hawks

Neither of their sites will load properly for me. I can log into DeviantART, but once I log in, stuff doesn't load and takes forever to load. I'm not sure if this is just on my end. My computer is also having issues loading images from the site (my avatar won't load on Tif) and I can't upload any of my art because it says a script required for the page to work correctly won't load. My gallery thumbnails load, but my favorites don't. Also the Daily Deviation thumbs don't load.

[hide=]daissues2.png[/hide][hide=]daissues.png[/hide][hide=]daissues3.png[/hide][hide=]daissues4.png[/hide]

Facebook just won't let me log in. It takes forever to load the front page, then the email/password boxes at the top don't show email and password inside the boxes like they usually do.

facebookissue.png

Does anyone know if they've updated something recently? I know Facebook was going to start overhauling the Security page, but I know other people can get into it (and I can get into it on my DSi). Facebook does not load on my Win2000 with IE6 or WinXP with IE8. DeviantART doesn't run properly on the Win2000/IE6, but I don't know about the XP. I assume it doesn't work properly either.

And now TinyPic won't load right either...

I suppose you'll want a speedtest... I'll get that in a minute.

509374674.png

509378795.png

Haven't tried that yet. Will do, I've been meaning to for a while.

Edit: Didn't work, now the pages don't load at all, there's just text and links and crap. I think it's IE6's CSS problems... Something wrong with how the sites render their images in relation to IE6.

Anybody have ANY idea as to what's going on here? It is doing this on a Windows 2000 with IE6 and an XP with IE8. The pages load phenomenally slowly, and some don't load at all (IE gives up). In IE8, it says there is an error loading a Java object on facebook.

[hide=facebook]facebookd.png[/hide]

[hide=deviantart]deviantart.png[/hide]

[hide=tinypic]tinypic.png[/hide]

Do other sites load reasonably well? I'm trying to rule out any issues with your Internet connection.

[edit]

Seems as if it's a connection issue. Your Internet speed is rather slow by today's standards. Just out of interest, is anyone doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as downloading large files via torrents? If not, I would restart your modem and router, and then call your ISP.

Are you on a wired or wireless connection?

Seems as if it's a connection issue. Your Internet speed is rather slow by today's standards. Just out of interest, is anyone doing bandwidth-intensive activities such as downloading large files via torrents? If not, I would restart your modem and router, and then call your ISP.

This is generally the cause of such parts of sites not loading (heavy torrenting etc.) for me and many others I guess. Just restart everything, or maybe try tomorrow...could be just one of those things.

That second set of pictures you posted looks like an error I've had before. It has to do with page style. Basically, for some reason your browser is removing all extraneous formatting and just leaving you with the text. Look at your view options and encoding to see if anything looks wired. Try playing around with the options.

1ekn0o.jpg

Thanks to Uno for the awsome sig <3

*most* other sites load okay, although there are odd ones every once in a while (I haven't found more other than da, fb, and tinypic, but our local news channel's site won't load) Google, Youtube and Amazon are good (although amazon's ended support for IE6 I think because it doesn't load right, but it's a CSS issue)

Errdoth, on IE6 I can't load either of them.

I'm on a wired connection to a wireless network (this computer (Win2000/IE6) doesn't have a network card). The XP/IE8 has a network card and is thus a wireless connection. As of yesterday, my Wii could not connect to any WiiConnect24 updates, although it could send small bits of data back and forth at normal speeds. My DSi connects to the network okay, but I haven't tried any system update or DSiWare downloads, I think they would probably fail. The DSi does load the mobile version of Facebook though.

My dad has had his work laptop constantly on in the past couple of days, but I don't think it's attached to the wireless right now and the internet is still sucking.

We've restarted both computers multiple times without success, I'm going to try resetting the router next.

Edit: I fiddled some with the encoding, it appears just to be loading slower. (switched from Unicode to Western European, just screwed up the accent things in the other language selections on fb) It may be of interest that images I attempt to download from DeviantART won't load on my computer (my avatar is hosted on DA, and all that shows for me is the lovely box with an x). My sig is currently hosted on ImageShack and it loads fine.

Edit: Reset the router and it didn't help.

Hawkxs, my Firefox had the same problem that you have, a while ago. The only way I could resolve it was re-downloading it. Make the most of the situation, and tell your father to get it. Or, be proactive and do it yourself. Heck, apply and IE Skin to Firefox and your dad won't know the difference other than the fact he doesn't get viruses any more and he will breeze through the internet.

Hope that helped, in some way.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg