08-July-2009 Mobilising Armies + patch notes

Toad

has anyone show a pic of the contents of the elite quest kit yet?

im curious

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

[hide=Viralaether's guide to Mac use]1) take your mac

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

• Replies 757
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody explain the quest kits to me.

Are they just storage boxes for general quest used items?

Do they come with the items in them?

Once you take an item out, is the kit used up, or do you keep it, with the rest of the items still in there?

If you take something out, can you put it back in?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Once you take an item out, is the kit used up, or do you keep it, with the rest of the items still in there?

My quest kit came with the items included. You can open it and check what is inside it.

When an item is removed from the kit its icon in the kit menu becomes faded.

You CANNOT store your own items in it, I tried.

It refills when you complete a game of Mobilising Armies, just like how the locators recharge after a game.

200000000.png

My quest kit came with the items included. You can open it and check what is inside it.

When an item is removed from the kit its icon in the kit menu becomes faded.

You CANNOT store your own items in it, I tried.

It refills when you complete a game of Mobilising Armies, just like how the locators recharge after a game.

Could you take more than one item out of it? if so, i'm guessng it just fully 'empties' when you've taken one of every item out, and then you would need to recharge it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Quest kit sounds ...useless.

I played 2 games on release day, i got angry with the horid controls (lag in commanding, no idle unit indicator, no mass selecting) I decided - oh screw this and logged.

2 days later I got bored. won 5 in a row with no special units but I was disspointed with the lack of tactics. but still satisifed

Next day I logged in, won 3 lost 2 and then decided to play AOE2 for some real tactics and spent quite a bit of time enjoying it

"Any people anywhere, being inclined and having the power, have the right to rise up, and shake off the existing government, and form a new one that suits them better. This is a most valuable - a most sacred right - a right, which we hope and believe, is to liberate the world."

Abraham Lincoln

The max for troops killed would probably be 39, since you can kill your own troops with special attacks. I'm not sure if they count as kills,however.

specials don't add to kill count (check my screenie, i have 6 units left but others kills only add up to 3 kills seeing as one kill was by a glider)

Umm... specials do add to kill count mate. If you have gotten 150 rank like you said you have, you should know that :roll: . I can assure you that cannons do.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

The max for troops killed would probably be 39, since you can kill your own troops with special attacks. I'm not sure if they count as kills,however.

specials don't add to kill count (check my screenie, i have 6 units left but others kills only add up to 3 kills seeing as one kill was by a glider)

Umm... specials do add to kill count mate. If you have gotten 150 rank like you said you have, you should know that :roll: . I can assure you that cannons do.

o dang lol, guess 1 of my guys got killed by the castle or something

how was i to know i suicided to 150 rank :thumbsup:

29bc22o.png

[hide=drops]10 black masks, 39 dragon boots, 21 whip, 9 dark bow, 7 dragon legs, 8 mauls, 3 dragon left half, 2 dragon spear, 2 hexcrest, 1 kbd heads, 10 dragon med, 2 R ammy, 2 granite legs, 1 bandos boots , 1 bandos hilt , 1 bandos chestplate, 1 saradomin sword(ls), 2 dragon claws(ls)(solo)[/hide]

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

4) Profit![/hide]1/7/9 quest cape ||| 5/6/9 all diaries ||| 7/14/9 300 rank MA ||| 4998th to 99 summoning on 2/27/10

;) So, I stand by my declaration, theoretically if when you kill your own guy you get a "kill" then 39 kills are possible.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Oh, you got 30 kills on siege. Well, mine came from conflict, where everyone's only objective is to kill ;)

myarm2.png

2819th to reach 99 agility - June 30, 2009

Rare Drops: Champion Scrollx13, Shield Left Halfx2, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Spear

43rd Member of XV Champions Club - 2/07/11 http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=xvchampions

There is no point in killing. You don't get anything for it, except prolong getting the quick rank point.

Everyone just afk's and gets the free rank point for doing nothing.

Another fail game jagex.... like stealing creation, which they should have named, STEALING XP!

You shouldn't get anything if you don't win. That would make the game worthwhile to play, instead of trying to please all the little kiddies into giving them something for failing. Way to go your 10th place, good job....etc...see my point.

There is no point in killing. You don't get anything for it, except prolong getting the quick rank point.

Everyone just afk's and gets the free rank point for doing nothing.

Another fail game jagex.... like stealing creation, which they should have named, STEALING XP!

You shouldn't get anything if you don't win. That would make the game worthwhile to play, instead of trying to please all the little kiddies into giving them something for failing. Way to go your 10th place, good job....etc...see my point.

Stealing Creation is very popular and a very good game. Your reward is based on you're score, not the team, so it is very fair. It'd be more unfair it you score 80,000 points and you team does nothing and loses and then you get nothing for it.

As for this game yes conflict is afkable, but Siege, Horde and Rescue are not so much and Jagex have said if there is still alot of afking in conflict after this week or so they will look at retweaking it slightly

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Why couldn't they just use Armies of Geilinor (AOG) over on FunOrb for this?

They just make a special runescape member version where you can transfer points between games.

AOG is ahellavua lot better than this. #-o

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

They just make a special runescape member version where you can transfer points between games.

Becuase they are totally different games.

That is a turn based strategy game where you can make units and such.

This is a real time scenario strategy game.

zqXeV.jpg

AOG > MA tbh.

2v8sgvs.png

AOG > MA tbh.

:thumbsup: Totally agree with you though I still think MA is fun.

2qa8g36.png

2/3 done, so bored!!!!

(still need cut/uncut/onyx ring, pm me to sell pl0x!)

29bc22o.png

2) drop it off your roof

3) ??????

I am most dissatisfied. True, I've but played the tutorial and one game of conflict, but the annoyances are myriad.

First, the controls. Having to use the arrow keys is a pain in the arsenal. Only being able to select a single squad even more so. Zoom is slow and laggy as well.

Next, the game itself. Why the hell does it take so long for my squads to load? Shouldn't it instantaneous instead of several seconds? By this I mean that when I go over the map, any squads in the area take several seconds to load greatly reducing efficiency. Also, why the new combat triangle? Why not just have the old system of mage, range, and melee? Additionally, the whole twenty people required to start a game is ludicrous- ten or so is much more reasonable. As it is, it just boosts waiting time. Another issue I have is calling this a strategy game- MA is to strategy what a McDonalds hamburger is to fine dining, only people who are starved will ever make a connection between the twain.

And loragically, this game makes little sense. Sure, the whole "make an honorable living" sounds good on paper, but it breaks down in practice- who wants the chance to be killed for soldier's wages without the cause? It would have made far more sense simply to have them be mercenaries whom people hire for various tasks that you lead. And elves? Why? This game, with a tele of ten, is for everyone so why have elves in it at all? You need to have at least started Regecide or done Making History to get your first glimpse of one. Now we're expected to believe that elves have left Isfador to fight?

I haven't even touched on the sickening number of issues, bugs, and glitches on release... For a game in development well over a year this is a complete and utter train wreck. On fire. Containing copious amounts of dynamite, orphans, and cute critters.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

I am most dissatisfied. True, I've but played the tutorial and one game of conflict, but the annoyances are myriad.

First, the controls. Having to use the arrow keys is a pain in the arsenal. Only being able to select a single squad even more so. Zoom is slow and laggy as well.

Next, the game itself. Why the hell does it take so long for my squads to load? Shouldn't it instantaneous instead of several seconds? By this I mean that when I go over the map, any squads in the area take several seconds to load greatly reducing efficiency. Also, why the new combat triangle? Why not just have the old system of mage, range, and melee? Additionally, the whole twenty people required to start a game is ludicrous- ten or so is much more reasonable. As it is, it just boosts waiting time. Another issue I have is calling this a strategy game- MA is to strategy what a McDonalds hamburger is to fine dining, only people who are starved will ever make a connection between the twain.

And loragically, this game makes little sense. Sure, the whole "make an honorable living" sounds good on paper, but it breaks down in practice- who wants the chance to be killed for soldier's wages without the cause? It would have made far more sense simply to have them be mercenaries whom people hire for various tasks that you lead. And elves? Why? This game, with a tele of ten, is for everyone so why have elves in it at all? You need to have at least started Regecide or done Making History to get your first glimpse of one. Now we're expected to believe that elves have left Isfador to fight?

I haven't even touched on the sickening number of issues, bugs, and glitches on release... For a game in development well over a year this is a complete and utter train wreck. On fire. Containing copious amounts of dynamite, orphans, and cute critters.

I'm not going to argue over most of your points as they are well-founded however, the weapon triangle is the same. Dwarfs use melee, elves magic, and goblins range.

myarm2.png

Rare Drops: Champion Scrollx13, Shield Left Halfx2, Dragon Plateskirt, Dragon Spear

43rd Member of XV Champions Club - 2/07/11 http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=xvchampions

I'm not going to argue over most of your points as they are well-founded however, the weapon triangle is the same. Dwarfs use melee, elves magic, and goblins range.

i have never once seen a elf use mage or a goblin use range ingame

Y_Z.png

i have never once seen a elf use mage or a goblin use range ingame

For that matter, I've yet to see a single soldier move independently of the group or do anything but jog in place while inexplicably moving over the field via an invisible device, I'm assuming a disk of transferring.
If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

heavy

090711232846.png

090711232834.png

090711232821.png

Look in the above pictures. It shows the goblins wielding crossbows, dwarves with axes, and elves with staves.

myarm2.png

heavy

090711232846.png

090711232834.png

090711232821.png

Look in the above pictures. It shows the goblins wielding crossbows, dwarves with axes, and elves with staves.

But they all attack in melee range which devolves the whole system into racial advantages instead of the combat triangle. And why do Gobbos have crossbows anyway?

Well the Dorgshuun have crossbows and they're goblins, so other goblin races may very well have crossbows. Plus the goblin champion uses ranged, if I'm not mistaken.

Well the Dorgshuun have crossbows and they're goblins, so other goblin races may very well have crossbows. Plus the goblin champion uses ranged, if I'm not mistaken.

Goblin champ uses magic, I killed him out of boredom some days ago.