15th July 2009 - PvP Changes

Xecer

sorry about the previous flamming :wall: :wall: :oops: :cry:

On-Topic: by this update, team pking should be easier, but i doubt seeing much of rusher/pjer by himself. They would probably all join up and make one big pjers/rusher team with loot share on and roam around in pvp for days or even months, who knows maybe years. Only way the prices of d claws and ags would come is if we see teams of rusher/pjers.

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Constant splashing of any splash (10 splashes or so in a row) = attackable to anybody.

Raise it to 200k in PvP and the gp risked to be determined by your defence level,so that way, so pures arent hard done by or better yet, calculate it by what your opponent loses, instead of 75k gp..

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Constant splashing of any splash (10 splashes or so in a row) = attackable to anybody.

Raise it to 200k in PvP and the gp risked to be determined by your defence level,so that way, so pures arent hard done by or better yet, calculate it by what your opponent loses, instead of 75k gp..

How about make it based on cb level?

20-25k

40-45k

60-55k

80-75k

100-85k

110-100k

120-150k

138-200k

Something like that would be fair to all. Splashing over 10 times sounds reasonable so I hope Jagex reads this :|

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

is it me or the prices just went up

ags 85mill+ (i sold mine for 82.1mill)

d claws 35mill+ (i sold mine for 34.3something mill)

bandos chestplate did go up by i think 1-2mill

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

those prices were before the update, genius.

Well, I'm happy those damn ags/d claw rushers are gone. 76king's now more risky, at least it'll weed out the wimps.

Is the profit from 75king worth it anymore?

yes, but like he said, its more risky so many other people will not chose to 76k.

Well, I'm happy those damn ags/d claw rushers are gone. 76king's now more risky, at least it'll weed out the wimps.

people have been saying its 200k less profit for the time spent, but getting your ep is even harder beacuse of the constant fear of getting piled in multi zone

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

people have been saying its 200k less profit for the time spent, but getting your ep is even harder beacuse of the constant fear of getting piled in multi zone

Sweet :thumbsup:

Winters Omen.png

5,693rd to 99 Slayer on 10/08/2009

those prices were before the update, genius.

oh sorry i must have miss noticed it my bad

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Sweet :thumbsup:

Bolters who yield the most gp don't even step foot in the multi areas?

The GE updated before today's update for pvp.

Tomorrow lots of things like the whip for example, will crash and become less expensive.

I, for one, bought lots of range stuff on the GE

Range is now the pvp master since the meleers are using their nub dscims :D

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

The GE updated before today's update for pvp.

Tomorrow lots of things like the whip for example, will crash and become less expensive.

I, for one, bought lots of range stuff on the GE

Range is now the pvp master since the meleers are using their nub dscims :D

magers should be good as well now, specially ancients. I think if you can combine ancients with lunar, it will make one heck of a combination. Ancients rip your apponenet apart in one place with barrage and stuff while lunar can heal friends

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

Yeah, there are a bunch of merchants buying out black d'hide sets because they'll most likely go up from the update. Welfarers and normal rangers will use black dhide, melee hybrids will use it, and it's very cheap for its decent defense bonuses from both melee and mage. Maybe i should invest...

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Yeah, there are a bunch of merchants buying out black d'hide sets because they'll most likely go up from the update. Welfarers and normal rangers will use black dhide, melee hybrids will use it, and it's very cheap for its decent defense bonuses from both melee and mage. Maybe i should invest...

Bought like 50 black dhide sets

1k drag bolts (e)

10k rune arrows

and range pots

i can expect them to go up soon :D

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

1k drag bolts (e)

10k rune arrows

and range pots

D'hide sets, barely a rise, drag bolts maybe, but they come in via pvp drops, arrows also come in via drops, and arent favoured over cbow, pots maybe good chance of rising :)

1k drag bolts (e)

10k rune arrows

and range pots

D'hide sets, barely a rise, drag bolts maybe, but they come in via pvp drops, arrows also come in via drops, and arent favoured over cbow, pots maybe good chance of rising :)

The GE hasn't updated after the pvp changes.

When it does, my stuff will go up :D

arcane_stew.png

1k drag bolts (e)

10k rune arrows

and range pots

The GE hasn't updated after the pvp changes.

When it does, my stuff will go up :D

Naw i'm saying thats my bet on those items, I know it updated before it but D'hide is in such vast supply the rise will be insignificant, rune arrows been piling up in people banks for years, I see the Dragon Bolts and Range pots going up slightly though

D'hide sets, barely a rise, drag bolts maybe, but they come in via pvp drops, arrows also come in via drops, and arent favoured over cbow, pots maybe good chance of rising :) (Just my bets probably wrong hehe)

I like this update actually; I'll own even harder with no added risk when I use Vesta's/whip. :thumbup:

R.I.P Shiva and The Old Nite

Visit My Huge Goals!!! <---- Click This

My Pk Gallery

supdefnubew6.png

GWD: 3x Saradomin Sword, 2x Saradomin Hilt, 2X B Boots, 1x Tasset, 2X B Plate, 2X Shard, 1X D Med

TDs: 3x Solo Claws, 1x Solo Armour Piece

99 Untrimmed HP, 0% Pc'd and before Soul Wars -- Trimmed July 1, 2009

First Untrimmed HP Cape to 96 summon, top 300 to 96 summon

Proud owner of the strength, magic, range, and hitpoints capes.

Spa_Ins/LOLCANADA on IRC.

This is one of the most idiotic updates I've ever seen Jagex implement. Jagex say they want to get us more involved with how the game will be going forward and yet they introduce updates like this without even asking what we think. Not only that but they don't even have the courtesy to explain why they have made this update.

First of all, to all those who think that this update has nerfed pvp tricking, you're all very wrong. All you need do is stand in level 1 wilderness in a bounty hunter world with your 75k and you're set, there aren't even going to be the dclaw rushers about to attack you. When it comes to using your ep, alot of people already did 76k tricks rather than 26k and even if they didn't, the money gained from tricking more than compensates the extra 50k you have to use per trick.

Also, multi pking is now going to be far less interesting than it was before because nobody will be bringing claws/godswords or even whips anymore because other clans will call a pile on you the second they see you're risking alot. Although I can live with this (the only thing I'll change in my personal multi setup is to downgrade from a dragon square shield to a rune kite) wars will be much less interesting and people will stop attending and potentially quit.

Single pking is also going to change for the worse. The vast majority of people will stop bringing godswords/claws/full dharok into battle and alot more will stop bringing cheaper items like the whip/statius warhammer/vesta longsword because each death will cost so much. This is just going to lead to alot of people running around with their dragon daggers and scimitars which is going to take the thrill out of pking.

Although alot of people are saying that PVP worlds are supposed to be dangerous and that it's sensible that you risk all your items, you're not realising that people play runescape for fun, and without taking decent weapons with them, pking will not be fun and people will stop playing altogether. Look at it this way, if the average value of a drop is around 1.5m and you're taking your AGS to pk with, taking the value of an AGS to be 80m, you would have to kill more than 50 people per death just in order to break even.

I like the autoskull feature but the removal of the protect item prayer is like not allowing people to protect from range when they go to armadyl godwars or use an antifire shield when fighting the KBD.

ichigosig2da4.jpg

I like the autoskull feature but the removal of the protect item prayer is like not allowing people to protect from range when they go to armadyl godwars or use an antifire shield when fighting the KBD.

shouldnt you be doing this in non-pvp/bh worlds?? makes more sense that way

EDIT: sorry i made a post mistake dont read this, its stupid

Iyaari.png

comp-regular.png

I wish the majority of your post contained more then 1 line, and you missed the point. Please quit posting at every opportunity

w4M8t.png

I wish the majority of your post contained more then 1 line, and you missed the point. Please quit posting at every opportunity

I'd say stop e-bullying him, but he isn't really getting the point lol

77yLQy8.png