• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not all brawlers are useless, but the following are:

thieving

fishing

(add to list if you can give a good reason why)

Why are those 2 useless?

the only fishing spot in wild is above 20 wild(way above..more like 40 wild)...

chances of you surviving=~1% if you bank your fish.

You could still powerfish there, but is that really in the spirit of the game?/sarcasm

thieving were practically useless before...bad xp, and now you can't protect(50 wild + multi)

But brawlers give 2x if in a PvP world and 4x if in the wild on a PvP world. So no brawlers are useless. You don't have to take the 4x xp when the 2x is much safer.

I thought it was 1.5x and 4x?

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

It might be, but that's besides the point.

thieving

fishing

Why are those 2 useless?

the only fishing spot in wild is above 20 wild(way above..more like 40 wild)...

chances of you surviving=~1% if you bank your fish.

You could still powerfish there, but is that really in the spirit of the game?/sarcasm

thieving were practically useless before...bad xp, and now you can't protect(50 wild + multi)

It's more effective to use your thieving brawlers in pyramid plunder.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

How does it stop 26kers, it takes 2 word's to answer.

It doesen't.

Grab another 50k, and low and behold, were 26king, but with 76kgp.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Based on most peoples numbers that I have heard, and some personal experience, a normal load of 100% EP with your target risking the neccessary amount will give you an average loot of 1.8-2.5M this means it takes 2 hours to make 1.5-2.2M, or 750k-1.1M per hour. Then you take away the previous 26k value for about 6 kills and it is 600k-950k per hour. This is all assuming you just get standard drops and don't get overly lucky. With the new 76k needed that rate drops to 300k-650k per hour which actually puts it back into a semi-realistic range. I know there are still some people who get lucky and will end up getting like 1M an hour still just because they have that PvP luck in artifacts, but I think it is a step in the right direction, once bolting is taken away the problem will be near fixed.

Why would you assume its ment to stop 26kers when the update obviously does nothing to combat it (oh wow, it costs 50k more! spooky :o ). What about 1 iteming, especialy people who do it so they can pj with d claws. People hate them so much that they risk being mobbed if someone notices what they are doing.

It's that it's a giant risk now because you always lose your items.

jQo2G.png

Signature by Unoalexi.

Tip.it's official signature picture of the quest-cape emote is me.

Fire cape owner since May 17, 2011

Based on most peoples numbers that I have heard, and some personal experience, a normal load of 100% EP with your target risking the neccessary amount will give you an average loot of 1.8-2.5M this means it takes 2 hours to make 1.5-2.2M, or 750k-1.1M per hour. Then you take away the previous 26k value for about 6 kills and it is 600k-950k per hour. This is all assuming you just get standard drops and don't get overly lucky. With the new 76k needed that rate drops to 300k-650k per hour which actually puts it back into a semi-realistic range. I know there are still some people who get lucky and will end up getting like 1M an hour still just because they have that PvP luck in artifacts, but I think it is a step in the right direction, once bolting is taken away the problem will be near fixed.

Math fail?

1.5m every 2 hours(on the low end) gained,

450k loss from 75king(75k*6)

that's now 1.15m every 2 hours

or 525k an hour

or high end

2.2m every 2 hours gained,

450k loss from 75king

1.75m every 2 hours

875k an hour

525k-875k an hour now...gee..ruin pking, but 26king continues to be around

w4M8t.png

Math fail?

or 525k an hour

or high end

450k loss from 75king

1.75m every 2 hours

875k an hour

You forgot the cost of chaos runes, approx 2400 chaos for 100% Ep @ 138 gp each that is 331k more loss.

Let people pvp if it gets further nerfed great.

Majority of pvpers dont have money making skills, so they're just delaying doing real skilling, 99 in rc and 200m more respected than 200m and crappy unbuyables IMO.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Math fail?

or 525k an hour

or high end

450k loss from 75king

1.75m every 2 hours

875k an hour

You forgot the cost of chaos runes, approx 2400 chaos for 100% Ep @ 138 gp each that is 331k more loss.

Ic...I never bolted when I gained my ep. However, that doesn't change anything as I used the values that you must have already subtracted bolting cost from(1.8-2.5m in loot, and 331k less)...so either way..still epic math fail...76king is still great money, and this update didn't help curve it at all.(except for the people who have no direction and believe what is said on the forums)

w4M8t.png

thieving

fishing

agility

Can be used feasibly in the wild:

Theiving-Not many people pk rouges and you can log easily if they do come.

Firemaking-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Cooking-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Magic-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Fishing-Only if you use in lava maze and possinly Bandit Camp.

Prayer-Mainly used in POH on gilded altar so this is an exception.

Woodcutting-Can we used in low level wild easy to escape/tele.

Can not be used feasibly in the wild:

Agility-They were already tough to use now they will last maybe an hour before you get pk'd.

Range-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Melee-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Hunter-Only spot is in multi by clan wars gl there.

Smithing-MB or anvil in multi with ancient teleport. Second option can be done but it's multi and if a clan appears your toast.

Mining-Would be very hard to use without being pk'd unless you did iron in edge which is kind of a waste.

They can all be used relatively safely outside of the wild.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Just to say, they haven't fixed this. just made it so less people would be likely to do it. They failed <3 Got this 20 mins ago.

pvpisntdead.png

Nice try Jagex <3

Looks like 76king isnt even profitable anymore, gg nerf.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

thieving

fishing

agility

Agility-They were already tough to use now they will last maybe an hour before you get pk'd.

Range-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Melee-Not many good spots besides lesser in the lava maze but more people pk there now.

Smithing-MB or anvil in multi with ancient teleport. Second option can be done but it's multi and if a clan appears your toast.

Mining-Would be very hard to use without being pk'd unless you did iron in edge which is kind of a waste.

You could use all the combat ones at Earth Warriors.

not all brawlers are useless' date=' but the following are:

thieving

fishing

agility

(add to list if you can give a good reason why)[/quote']

You could use all the combat ones at Earth Warriors.

Hmm true :-k but as they become more popular, more and more pkers will come.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Ha, if anything this trick makes 26king (or its newer variant: 76king) even better. Virtually no risk considering the PJ'ers have almost withered away and with your friend losing 76k, you only get better items. I did it today from 100%, made 5M. :thumbup:

And before you judge me on my tricking, I do it together with getting 100K RC xp a day. I just do it for fun.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

It helps them. Less people are willing to risk items on PvP, so less people are there to hunt the wildlife population (trickers).

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

It helps them. Less people are willing to risk items on PvP, so less people are there to hunt the wildlife population (trickers).

All hail the mighty dragon dagger super poisoned and it's 40k price tag!

All hail the mighty dragon dagger super poisoned and it's 40k price tag!

All hail not risking enough to get drops.. Everyone likes not getting drops, right?

0neJudgement.png

Goals:

94 magic

94 ranged

55 slayer

Addy gloves-done

they may have actually tweaked the bolt spells so u cant afk for long periods of time...

i was bolting with a friend (we only usualy do it before w go to bed......) yes i no afking for 2 hours while sleeping is extreme....but not all of us have a fast conection for other profitable ways.....

anyways he logged after like 10 mins while i was reading WoW updates.....mabye they made it so u splash enough without talking or moving u log?

they may have nerfed AFK bolting......not bolting itself but the afk aspect (doesnt stop someone from playing another game while bolting tho)

James_scholl.gif