Immersion.

dominator194

We play runescape for a variety of reasons, but I believe that one major reason is to be immersed in the environment. We play this game to set a story for ourselves, escape reality,to discover new places, lots of other reasons based on the environment.

In real life, you hardly have a story, you're another person without a role, but in runescape, you're character is part of history. For example, in real life, you are just you. Runescape allows you to set a story about yourself, first he was born in year 2006. Then he died in the wilderness, one day, he decided to get better, so he trained on moss giants. Eventually, he met a new friend, named "immersion". The story goes on and on. This is one major reason we play, to be a part of the runescape world.

We also have to consider the history of runescape, it's part of this immersion concept. We're part of the history of runescape, you read more about runescape to learn more about it, the runescape gods, the quests, etc. We wouldn't be as immersed without runescape having it's own history.

Quests are a huge part of this immersion concept, when completing quests, you feel like a part of history. It's all based on a story line, you are the hero, you are a part of history. Once again, you are immersed in runescape.

All players in runescape affect another runescape player in a way, we all buy things in the game, meaning, we buy the goods of other players, they buy ours, we are part of the game, immersion. We affect the outcome of what happens to other players.

Some players play runescape to venture, just to look for new places! This is part of that immersion concept. Finding new monsters in dungeons, new towns, etc.

Finally, we play to discover, to learn new things about runescape, this is another part of that immersion concept.

Now, I would like to know, how are you immersed in the runescape environment, no spamming, hi jacking, or flaming, thanks.

I am immersed in the RS environment by fishing my bum off hours on end while having to switch world every hour or two or else my character will either poop his runecrafting robes or die due to the horrible fish stench.

:? Powerfishing ftw.

zBSYE.png

^ Blog.

Zh0c4.gif

I play runescape for the hot girls.

You called? ;)

Amg gurl! let cyb0r! (Dont hit me :ohnoes: )

Lets interject here:

We play runescape for a variety of reasons, but I believe that one major reason is to be immersed in the environment. We play this game to set a story for ourselves, escape reality,to discover new places, lots of other reasons based on the environment.Not always, others like myself find it more of a 3d version to MSN, with a few "Extra Features" tossed in.

In real life, you hardly have a story, you're another person without a role, but in runescape, you're character is part of history. For example, in real life, you are just you. Runescape allows you to set a story about yourself, first he was born in year 2006. Then he died in the wilderness, one day, he decided to get better, so he trained on moss giants. Eventually, he met a new friend, named "immersion". The story goes on and on. This is one major reason we play, to be a part of the runescape world.Not true. In life we ARE our own story, we craft our story from the decisions we choose, goals we acheive and the outcomes of events weather it leads to poverty, or fame. If we couldn't have a story, such famous people such as Ned Kelly, George Washington, Queen Elizabeth (1&2) Would never be recorded or remembered.

We also have to consider the history of runescape, it's part of this immersion concept. We're part of the history of runescape, you read more about runescape to learn more about it, the runescape gods, the quests, etc. We wouldn't be as immersed without runescape having it's own history. Sadly the history never seems to move. sure we find out bits and peice but so far only 2 quests have actully given us a scrap of evidence ot the "Beginning" (WGS and Meeting History)

Quests are a huge part of this immersion concept, when completing quests, you feel like a part of history. It's all based on a story line, you are the hero, you are a part of history. Once again, you are immersed in runescape.Mood Killer: Some quests involve us to do Evil things. (Starting to sound like Fable, isn't it?)

All players in runescape affect another runescape player in a way, we all buy things in the game, meaning, we buy the goods of other players, they buy ours, we are part of the game, immersion. We affect the outcome of what happens to other players.Which sadly has taken upon some people to steal from the poor and give to the rich, yes you my dear manipulating clans.

Some players play runescape to venture, just to look for new places! This is part of that immersion concept. Finding new monsters in dungeons, new towns, etc.I'll agree here, I do play to "venture" around but lately its becoming a bit bland...since we havent realy had a big peice of landscape fall onto the map in some time.

Finally, we play to discover, to learn new things about runescape, this is another part of that immersion concept....You just said that

Now, I would like to know, how are you immersed in the runescape environment, no spamming, hi jacking, or flaming, thanks.See the orange text. This service costs 1 cookie.

Popoto.~<3

If Runescape didn't have the depth and originality (Unlike, say, WoW where 99% of quests are Kill _ to get _ then bring _ back), I can't say I would've stuck with Runescape as long as I have. The skills are very indepth, but at the end of the day, grinding is grinding.

I am a huge follower on Runescape's lore, just because they've built this massive world with a rich history and a great story. Take the Barrows Brothers for instance; people thought that they were just a pointless addition of equipment sets; and suddenly we see a huge addition to the lores and histories, a new Mahjarrat, more history on the Sanguinesti region.

As for immersion, I'll be one of the many to say I shat bricks during the battle scene in While Guthix Sleeps and, every time I cast NPC contact and see Cyrisius' grayed out face and contact Laplok for my slayer task, I'm ready to murder that scumbag Lucien.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Well, I'm left to say: Of course. That's how all games are.

I play runescape for the hot girls.

You called? ;)

I really don't think he did.. :lol: Edit: and neither did I...

OT: I play Runescape just to get away from real life issues for a bit.. I don't really "immerse" myself into the game. I just play. Sure it's fun pretending to be some noble hero but in the end you have to go back to real life..

erasig.jpg

pseudo-intellectual topic making at it's best (worst?).

Pseudo-intellectual post making at its best (grammatical error).

Immersion -> obsession -> addiction.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

When I first played I was immersed due to what seemed like a huge world to be explored, but when I'd really gotten into playing, it was entirely the friends I'd made on there that I couldn't talk to in any other way .

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113