Where do you hope you're going to University?

Gin_and_Tonic

I recently got my confirmation letter from Cardiff University stating i has officially been accepted into Cardiffy University Business School to study Business Management - which is just as well as i purchased a brand new flat, got two jobs and a new car in Cardiff :P

I studied a BTEC National Diploma with grades triple distinction (equivilant to three level A, A levels)

I'm uber exicted and am just curious as to whether anyone else has already been accepted (if they did a btec) or where you are all hoping to go.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a letter about 2 months ago saying I was going to Concord University, in West Virginia.

Very happy to see that, school starts on the 17th for me 8-)

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Oh, sweet. I guess it works alot differently in the States. Most students who do A levels don't even get their results till end of August. And if they don't get into their confirmed choice of university they have literally two weeks to find a new one... Which is a massive pain in the backside :P

Im hoping to get a PhD in business management however lately i've been thinking about going into business and contract law... I'd love to work in the law department of a retail giant.

Gratz to everyone whos got into where they wanted :D

Oh boy. I'm actually interested in a few schools, and I know a few that would be great "safety" schools. I'm really interested in communications, which would mean Radio-Televison-Film, or just a plain film program - which isn't offered at many regular colleges or universities, so I'd probably have to go to a dedicated film school and major in something else, like Journalism.

1. University of Texas - Austin. I'm a Texas boy, but Austin is known as the least Texan city in the state. It will be a good transition for me, I think. A fairly large city (metro population is 1.1 million I think), Live Music Capital of the world, and a school with more than 50,000 students. On top of that, one of the best communications departments in the nation, particularly Journalism and Radio-Television-Film.

2. University of Washington - Seattle. I loved Seattle. Spent more than a week there, but I could barely dig the surface. A huge metro area connects Olympia, Seattle, Tacoma, Vancouver and Victoria. I come from a place where there's about 17 inches of rain a year, all of that in thunderstorms and blizzards, so the weather would in fact be a blessing for me. No film or journalism program, but I'm still interested, as the Seattle Film School is right there. Plus, due to tuition issues, I'd get to live a year in Seattle to become a resident. How cool is that?

3. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill. I think I would like North Carolina. Still got some southern flavor, but plenty of modern ideas. I don't know a ton about this school, but tuition would cost the same as a non-resident as at UT. If I became a resident, tuition could be payed by a part-time job! Their communications program is also very respected ranking near or even above the University of Texas.

4. New York University. A very impressive film program lies within the Tisch School of the Arts. I still have to research this school more, but it's in NEW YORK [bleep]ING CITY. How cool is that?

5. San Francisco State University - I love San Francisco as well. The fog might get annoying. But the city is vibrant and alive. The University has a great film program.

6. University of California, San Diego - Man, San Diego is great. Beautiful weather, beautiful people, and a beautiful city. Film school built-in.

I'm only a sophomore in high school, but this is generally my list. I didn't feel like posting any safety schools because I'd get depressed :/

I plan on going to Texas A&M @ Corpus Cristi. I want to get a PhD in Marine Biology.

And if I graduate in the top 10% of my class my ACT/SAT scores won't matter! \'

HAHA NOPE. Rick Perry gave us a great big middle finger on that one! Starting in (I believe) 2011, Texas schools get to say [bleep] 10% HAHAHAHAHAHA. [bleep]ing Perry. Although to be honest, if you're in the top 10% you have a high chance of getting in anyways :P Corpus Christi will be a good place to go. And I somewhat forgive you for wanting any branch of A&M.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I was considering Berklee, but then I realized the ratio of guitar players to non guitar players there. So now I'm considering the University of Central Florida. The only problem I'm worried about is the price and them not letting me in. Back when I lived near it, it wasn't that big of a school and was pretty easy to get into. It's a different story today though. :(

wl7w9j.png

HAHA NOPE. Rick Perry gave us a great big middle finger on that one! Starting in (I believe) 2011, Texas schools get to say [bleep] 10% HAHAHAHAHAHA. [bleep] Perry. Although to be honest, if you're in the top 10% you have a high chance of getting in anyways Corpus Christi will be a good place to go. And I somewhat forgive you for wanting any branch of A&M.

[bleep] that! They're going to wait until after I graduate before that rule ever comes into play. I'll make sure that happens! I don't even know who this Rick Perry guy is but I hate him already.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

^Keeping your options open i see :P

I picked five choices, Southampton, Reading (where im from), Bournemouth (as a back-up, the grades were really low by comparison), Manchester and Cardiff - all to study busines

Unfortunately my teacher gave me a poor reference and despite i got max Ucas points (basically lets me get into almost every Uni) i was refused my three of them as they went by what my teacher had written. But i made the best choice. It gave me the opportunity to move out with my wife-to-be, buy a flat and gain some independance. Plus, Cardiff is one of the best Business Universities in England :D

He's our governor, riku. I got informed by my district's representative at UT about that. Real buzz kill. But with top 10%, SAT/ACT won't be bad - you'd still get into A&M.

Man, that sucks Gin. But, hey, that's really good that you got in there.

He's our governor, riku. I got informed by my district's representative at UT about that. Real buzz kill. But with top 10%, SAT/ACT won't be bad - you'd still get into A&M.

Man, that sucks Gin. But, hey, that's really good that you got in there.

Yeah, its pretty sweet. Problem is, i got one really terrible job but i can't afford to quit - mortgage, tv, rip off contract phones... I work like 75 hours a week, but to be honest, i dont think i'd trade it for the world :P

well i already a sophomore at the uni i wanna go to atleast for my undergrad :lol: after undergrad i plan on going to a medical school out in Utah, Idaho, Colorado solely for the skiing :lol: maybe U Utah

legends2.jpg

WSU, OSU, or Washington (Just for seattle, [bleep] the huskies.)

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

University of Auckland. Supposed to be the 46th best university in the world. It doesn't sound good, but when you take into all the thousands of universities, it seems pretty good. I want to study history.

Unitec, as well. No one will know it though. Do a double major in Design/History, probably.

lampost_sig_stark.png

University of Montevallo. It's a small liberal arts college in Alabama... studying English. And I'm going completely for free. I could have probably gone to better schools (like, Ivy League, haha) with my grades and ACT... but Montevallo's like thirty minutes from my home and I kinda wanted to stick close. I'm a homebody. ::'

neraftdfw1.jpg

Sig credit goes to ThruItAll. :D

simpleholyhandgrenade.gif

Otago to study med. But maybe I should try to get into University of Auckland. I really wanted to go to Otago because it snows in Dunedin.. :D Nothing more.

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

At this point, I have no idea.

An Ohio man. High five.

I went to school out of state. Stupid Ohio and it's non Ivyleagueness.

[broadcast]

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

WSU, OSU, or Washington (Just for seattle, [bleep] the huskies.)

Amen, go cougs.

Lent, UW is a good school, but you'd have to be a [bleep] huskey. :notalk:

I know how people feel when we talk about A&M now.

Somewhere in the Northwest US, hopefully around Seattle.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

I ended up waitlisted at my Ivey of choice(Princeton) when I applied for class of 2012, but ended up at a so called "new ivey," where I've met people and done things I can't imagine I would have done had I gone to Princeton, and don't regret a moment of it. Plus I didn't really try too hard on the Princeton application, which makes me feel like I could have gotten in if I had really tried.

Flyingjj.png