IRL Celebs on RS...

RsArrow

I'm betting that some "famous" people do play runescape, as a place they can get away from the real world where noone knows who they really are.. right now we could be playing with celebs and have no idea.. who knows.. maybe im a celeb.. not that anyone would believe me if i said i was anyway ;D

You´re Angelina Jolie, i knew it was you :ugeek: :geek:

attack_npc.png

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting that some "famous" people do play runescape, as a place they can get away from the real world where noone knows who they really are.. right now we could be playing with celebs and have no idea.. who knows.. maybe im a celeb.. not that anyone would believe me if i said i was anyway ;D

You´re Angelina Jolie, i knew it was you :ugeek: :geek:

Duh, everyone knows that Jolie is a skiller and doesn't PK. Noob. :geek:

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

Not without getting a fat check from Jagex first...

But tbh, WoW has become "mainstream" through lots of celebrity endorsements liek Mr. T, Ozzie, and some others previously mentioned here...

We too can make RuneScape mainstream... The total playerbase of RuneScape is at least three times that of WoW (this includes all F2P people), so if anyone is up to make RS also a mainstream thing, its up to us to talk about it at school and parties and work and what not...

Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and the internet roots are already there...

Kind of makes you wonder why people are shy to talk about it...

And if people ask "What is runescape?"... Just refer them to those celeb endorsed WoW commercials "but then more diverse, more popular, costs less, and generally better"...

I might consider doing an editorial about RS as mainstream later this year

I have never played WOW--even try it but it doesn't take a genious to figure out that WOW is generally considered to be a better game. That is why it is mainstream and RS is not. I am not talking about just graphics either. Whether it be the way they treat their customers, their general attitude, the effort that is put in the updates--it is better than RS. The sad thing is, RS has so much potention but it is wasted. For instance, we haven't had one major update this whole year. Only thing MMG has done is talk the talk, he has yet to walk it. The current state of updates is "We want to surprise the fans, we like to keep them on their toes, which basically means we won't tell you anything about anything--which means no BTS and we will just throw some random updates along the way". There is very little to look forward. Seriously, I don't get upset over why WOW is mainstream, and you shouldn't either, the reasons are clear. I don't expect RS to be mainstream anytime soon, not until there is a REAL change in the attitude of the administration and they get serious about RS.

I have never played WOW--even try it but it doesn't take a genious to figure out that WOW is generally considered to be a better game. That is why it is mainstream and RS is not. I am not talking about just graphics either. Whether it be the way they treat their customers, their general attitude, the effort that is put in the updates--it is better than RS. The sad thing is, RS has so much potention but it is wasted. For instance, we haven't had one major update this whole year. Only thing MMG has done is talk the talk, he has yet to walk it. The current state of updates is "We want to surprise the fans, we like to keep them on their toes, which basically means we won't tell you anything about anything--which means no BTS and we will just throw some random updates along the way". There is very little to look forward. Seriously, I don't get upset over why WOW is mainstream, and you shouldn't either, the reasons are clear. I don't expect RS to be mainstream anytime soon, not until there is a REAL change in the attitude of the administration and they get serious about RS.

The only reason you say Jagex hasn't come out with a major update this year is because the majority of the RS population didn't like them. I'm willing to bet most would categorize the Godwars dungeon as a major update; when in reality all it was, was new land, items and high leveled monsters. Something like MA took way longer to code/test; making it more of a major update than GW.

I wouldn't say there hasn't been a major update this year; nor would I say quality has been lost either. We're only 8 months into the year, just wait.

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

The MJ jokes are becoming tiresome... :roll:

Really though, I know for a fact that celebs play RS, like many above me have said, It's a game, it's a way to get away from things, It can be a simple hobby. It's not like they are immune to doing normal things. Runescape happens to be a normal thing; which they could quite possibly do. ;)

farmpixel.pngfishpixel.pngwcpixel.pngtheivepixel.png

Click the pictures for my Blog

The only reason you say Jagex hasn't come out with a major update this year is because the majority of the RS population didn't like them.

That is not a valid excuse--they haven't even tried. And that is a pretty presumptuous to start out with. How about something like God Wars? People loved that. How about some high end additions to skills? People love that. How about the Deepstone keep which is a combination of both things? People love it and all the ideas are already brainstormed--all that needs to be done is the coding(I would be willing to wait).

I'm willing to bet most would categorize the Godwars dungeon as a major update; when in reality all it was, was new land, items and high leveled monsters. Something like MA took way longer to code/test; making it more of a major update than GW.

I don't think myself or others when they express frustration due to lack of updates give a damn about the coding involved. What is of concern is the quality of the update(s), not the coding quality but the game play aspect. It isn't to say that we don't care about the hard work that coding involves but if it takes Jagex months to develop an update that requires strenuous coding and it turns out to be heavily unpopular--well that doesn't do us any good--Oh, and wait, that is Mobilizing Armies that I just described didn't I? People would have enjoyed any of the aforementioned updates(Deepstone Keep, high end skilling updates etc.)--which would require according to you less coding, so what is the hold up? If people clearly want it and it requires less work then why would Jagex hold back?

I wouldn't say there hasn't been a major update this year; nor would I say quality has been lost either.

This year can't compare with even 2008 where we had a Slayer update, Corp Beast, Summoning, While Guthix Sleeps and other updates. Quality and quantity have definitely been lost.

We're only 8 months into the year, just wait.

8 Months is 66% of the year, which is very significant. In a game where you pay monthly fees, there should be some monthly incentive to renew your membership. I am not expecting something major every month--that is insane but something decent would be nice. The fact that they don't tell us ANYTHING except "We like to keep you on your toes etc." which to me translates to "We don't have anything and we will throw you something once in a while when we feel like it.", it gives absolutely nothing to look forward to which is... The only major thing in my opinion anyone on the Jagex Mod team did this year was Mod Mark H who came up with that wonderful idea of the Deepstone keep--which turned out to be only a 'suggestion'. They spent more time in thinking of some concrete update most people will enjoy but one that will remain only a 'suggestion' just to give us false hopes.

Celebrities, at least most of them, don't get where they are playing video/computer games. They either work hard, act snobby doing some activity, or are too busy with their job.

What job :|

Acting? :|

How about getting smashed at parties and causing 20-car pile-ups?

disturbeda.png

My response is in red.

The only reason you say Jagex hasn't come out with a major update this year is because the majority of the RS population didn't like them.

That is not a valid excuse--they haven't even tried. And that is a pretty presumptuous to start out with. How about something like God Wars? People loved that. How about some high end additions to skills? People love that. How about the Deepstone keep which is a combination of both things? People love it and all the ideas are already brainstormed--all that needs to be done is the coding(I would be willing to wait).

Haven't tried? Weather you thought it was a failure or not, Jagex came out with a real-time strategy game which evolved RS's game engine and will bring us new amazing updates with totally different control/graphics.

The only reason GW was a success was because it came out with extremely high leveled bosses and a sword with stats RS had never seen before. Now yes, we all love that; I love that, and I visit often. But if Jagex came out with updates like that often, it would kill the game. Which brings me back to my previous point, the general population just didn't like the updates. I was in fact major.

I'm willing to bet most would categorize the Godwars dungeon as a major update; when in reality all it was, was new land, items and high leveled monsters. Something like MA took way longer to code/test; making it more of a major update than GW.

I don't think myself or others when they express frustration due to lack of updates give a damn about the coding involved. What is of concern is the quality of the update(s), not the coding quality but the game play aspect. It isn't to say that we don't care about the hard work that coding involves but if it takes Jagex months to develop an update that requires strenuous coding and it turns out to be heavily unpopular--well that doesn't do us any good--Oh, and wait, that is Mobilizing Armies that I just described didn't I? People would have enjoyed any of the aforementioned updates(Deepstone Keep, high end skilling updates etc.)--which would require according to you less coding, so what is the hold up? If people clearly want it and it requires less work then why would Jagex hold back?

The point of me stressing coding was because I'm stressing the point of Jagex releasing a major update; massive amount of coding (compared to other updates) should be considered major.

I have no idea why Jagex doesn't come out with skill addition updates; I would like an update like that too, trust me.

I wouldn't say there hasn't been a major update this year; nor would I say quality has been lost either.

This year can't compare with even 2008 where we had a Slayer update, Corp Beast, Summoning, While Guthix Sleeps and other updates. Quality and quantity have definitely been lost.

This one made me laugh because of the argument you made below.

The Corporal Beast, While Guthix Sleeps and Stealing Creation all came out AFTER August 2008.

Although you're right, 2009 doesn't compare to 2008; but we should have exspected that considering Jagex warned us.

We're only 8 months into the year, just wait.

8 Months is 66% of the year, which is very significant. In a game where you pay monthly fees, there should be some monthly incentive to renew your membership. I am not expecting something major every month--that is insane but something decent would be nice. The fact that they don't tell us ANYTHING except "We like to keep you on your toes etc." which to me translates to "We don't have anything and we will throw you something once in a while when we feel like it.", it gives absolutely nothing to look forward to which is... The only major thing in my opinion anyone on the Jagex Mod team did this year was Mod Mark H who came up with that wonderful idea of the Deepstone keep--which turned out to be only a 'suggestion'. They spent more time in thinking of some concrete update most people will enjoy but one that will remain only a 'suggestion' just to give us false hopes.

All I have to say is 2/3's isn't close to 1.

We still have a lot of 2009 left.

Don't expect major monthly updates...

bike.png

Suggest a poll for Tip.it - Here!

• 2 weeks later...
Well Mr. T plays WOW so it's possible :lol: :D

QUIT YO JIBBA JABBA.

as do vin diesel and jonathon ross

And William Shatner!

I thought William Shatner was dead :S

Well my half-brother is in a band and he plays RS, its just a garage band thing though so he is like ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ list though.

Not without getting a fat check from Jagex first...

But tbh, WoW has become "mainstream" through lots of celebrity endorsements liek Mr. T, Ozzie, and some others previously mentioned here...

We too can make RuneScape mainstream... The total playerbase of RuneScape is at least three times that of WoW (this includes all F2P people), so if anyone is up to make RS also a mainstream thing, its up to us to talk about it at school and parties and work and what not...

Word of mouth is a powerful thing, and the internet roots are already there...

Kind of makes you wonder why people are shy to talk about it...

And if people ask "What is runescape?"... Just refer them to those celeb endorsed WoW commercials "but then more diverse, more popular, costs less, and generally better"...

I might consider doing an editorial about RS as mainstream later this year

WoW is only "mainstream" for 3 reasons.

1) It's American. Runescape is British. It's much bigger in America than anywhere else.

2) They advertise. Runescape doesn't. They don't need to. Plus, I like playing Runescape because my life won't revolve around it, like it does for most WoW players.

3) Southpark. They did an episode. They did WoW only because the graphics translated better onto TV than what RS was at the time.

Other than that, they aren't mainstream. They're just loud. Runescape is low key.

This website and its contents are copyright © 1999 - 2010 Jagex Ltd.

I could name a list of over 60 band members signed to respectable labels here in Australia that have RS and CS:S installed on their laptops. I could name about a hundred AFL/VFL players who also play RS & CS:S/TF2/L4D/COD4 on a daily basis and I'm sure there is more that I don't know.

It all depends on what you term to be celebrity.

SoLawny.png