What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

anyways has anyone seen Jarhead yet? and if so can you please in a simple paragraph describe how it was?

I saw it, so I guess I'll try to give it to you how I felt(mixed feelings).

Since it's based during Desert Storm the action in it is kept very minimal(>_>). But the way they put together what they actually did there and didn't cut it short helped make it funny(which I thought it was)

I'd recommend seeing it, but it's the exact opposite type of war movie than saving private ryan

edit-I also saw chicken little recently( :roll: )

I watched Traffic yesterday. It was good, top 100 material. It had amazing acting (Don Cheadle and Bencio Del Toro is particularly good in this, and Hotel Rwanda, which I'm currently watching in English class). What I don't get though, is if Benicio Del Toro won an Oscar for best supporting actor, whose the main actor? Michael Douglas?

The camera colours and constant waving were cool and excellent, if occasionally disorienting. Well written throughout, but here's the snag: I was interupted atleast 7 times, my eyes were in extreme pain, the volume wasn't working, and we're getting a new couch, so I had to sit in an uncomfortable and LOUD chair.

So here's my wee tale: I started watching and get everything ready. I watch for the first five minutes with almost no volume (it was Spanish subtitles anyway, so it didn't really matter). Then I realised that the rest of the movie was low volume too (I figured that the low volume in Mexico was purposeful, for some reason. Then I was sitting and my back hurt a lot, so I couldn't really consentrate on the movie. Then about an hour into the movie, my eyes had been bothering me SO much, they were all red and itchy becuase I had had my contacts in all day (even though I took them out before the movie). So I had to get up to get eye drops. Then 20 minutes later, the couch people show up so I have to move my big heavy chair, and get all my pillows and blanket and stuff out of the way. Then it turns out someone screwed up our couch order, so they sit around and scratch there heads for half-hour, and then drive off. And so I'm now considering I'll finish it the next day because I was so mad. But I move my chair back into place and watch for half-hour, then my mom calls for dinner...GRRRR...Then I had to move rooms after dinner to my other room. And I had to plug my headphones in (bad, box-like sound) but I was more comfortable, and I watched for the remainder of the movie and enjoyed it. So how bout that. And there were atlest 5 other annoyances...Such as my bro watching the TV really loud in the other room, and I go turn it down, and 10 mins later its back up. And there's almost no music and stuff in Traffic so my mind keeps drifting to what he's watching...And I get mad...I'm gonna watch it again since I own it...But not any time soon. Maybe it's cursed.

But from how I did enjoy it, I'd say 7.5-8/10. It was good writting and acting, and suitable directing. I'm watching Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith tommorow, and probably American Beauty the next day.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Putter, cheap own DVD player + bed + big pillows = no more uncomfortable movie watching. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

I finally saw L.A. Confidential - It was really, really good. I really liked how they didn't really go for that homage to the 50's thing, but they just took a few elements of the 50's and pushed them really to the background, it was quite refreshing. When I was watching the movie I thought they had done that because the movie itself plays in Hollywood and a lot of things are a bit fake there. Later when I was watching the extra's I discovered they did it so people would pay more attention to the story and it's characters, which I found pretty weird, since it made *me* think more of the background. Story was really good and nicely influenced by things that really happened, for example "Bloody Christmas". The music was really great aswell, which was nicely adjusted to each character and each situation. I really liked the roles of Spacey, which was hilarious, he really made me laugh out loud a lot (and I was alone!) and Crowe as the 'mean machine' type of thing which he did really great. Crowe's role reminded me a lot of "Marv" from Sin City, I don't know who stole from who, since L.A. Confidential is based on a novel and Sin City is based on a graphic novel and I don't know which one was first. Oh, and: Veronica Lake > Kim Basinger half dressed up as Veronica Lake. :P

Anyway, I had a really good night with this movie, what should I do? 8.5/10 or 9/10?

Oh, and I want to burst out in happyness for a movie and music forum! YAAAAAAY! :D :D :D :D :D oohyeah.gif

21o4pav.jpg

Final Destination 2

Not as good as the first time I saw it, but still pretty darn shocking.

The Naked Gun: From The Files Of Police Squad!

Frank Drebin>everything

Just got back from the movies.

"Into the Blue", nice movie! About 4 divers findind a planewreck in the ocean filled with 800kg of Coke. Some nice acting performance and wonderful filming! If u like tension and fish, loads of fish :) Check it!

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Just got back from the movies.

"Into the Blue", nice movie! About 4 divers findind a planewreck in the ocean filled with 800kg of Coke. Some nice acting performance and wonderful filming! If u like tension and fish, loads of fish :) Check it!

reality check, changing the color of your post SUCKS. half the people cant read them. and im going to have to disagree with your post too, nice acting, wonderful filming, and tension was lacking in this movie. not entirely missing, just lacking. and you didnt even mention the best part: jessica alba.

i watched "slackers" on comedy central yesterday, and it was pretty good for its genre of movies. compared to other movies... well it was good for the kind it was. after that i watched napolean dynamite, which i for one did like. but im sure everyone has heard enough about that...

ill get to watching movies off the imdb eventually :lol:

OFF TOPIC:

new board??? when did this happen? why wasnt i informed? my link goes straight to the OT forum since thats the only one i look at. so i didnt see the announcement, i think someone should put a sticky at the top of the page. i started thinking i was going crazy, i didnt see the two movie topics on the page anymore, at first i thought they were deleted. i then did a search (went and picked the OT option, since i didnt want results from runescape stuff), and i didnt find it. i about went crazy :shock: . its still really wierd... and i dont know what to do now, should i have two links on my bookmark toolbar? should i just choose OT or m&m for the link, and have to "jump to" the other one :? . its a cool idea, just inconvienient for me. oh well, ill survive...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Duck Soup - What a pleasure to rewatch this movie, great comedy. It has got the insults, the physical homor, language/speaking jokes, of course somel the jokes are too obvious and most are forced, but that just adds to the nostalgia. The movie doesn't make you roll over the floor laughing your rear end off, but when you're open for it it does make you laugh and gives you that great smile on your face and for 65 minutes you find yourself in a different world, pure magic. 8.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

i watched all these yesterday, since i didnt have to go to work (dont have to go today either :( . stupid rain :evil: ).

Casablanca - very good movie, even if you dont like old movies you would probably like this one. theres a reason its so high on the imdb top 250 (#7)

Coyote Ugly - flipping through the channels, and then there is a girl dancing on a bar :lol: . i missed the first 45 minutes, but i ended up watching the rest. its like your normal chick flick and instead of being aimed at females, they put a lot of kinda hot women in it and aim it at men. dont think it really does anything good. it would have been ok if the girls were hotter :P .

Lord of War - im a nick cage fan, and i didnt really care for the weatherman, so walking into this movie i was skeptical. it was good though, there werent any big plot twists, no crazy idea to think about, it was just an action movie. and it pulled that off fairly well.

line up for today: usual suspects, city of god (if i can get the stupid subtitles to work :x ), and then batman begins time permitting.

EDIT:

****SPOILERS****

The Usual Suspects - great, great movie. i really didnt know what was going to happen at the end, although i did have the idea the cripple wasnt a cripple. i didnt guess the end until after he left, and the camera stayed on the guy. then i started thinking about it, and i had it by the time he dropped the cup. great story, great ending****SPOILERS****

non spoiler version: great movie, great ending.

EDIT2:

City of God - trying to figure out why this is so high on the imdb top 250. its number 18, and i just dont understand. maybe i missed the point or something. i know its supposed to be a true story, maybe thats why its very well thought of. didnt really care for it, but many others disagree so i wouldnt take my word for it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

EDIT2:

City of God - trying to figure out why this is so high on the imdb top 250. its number 18, and i just dont understand. maybe i missed the point or something. i know its supposed to be a true story, maybe thats why its very well thought of. didnt really care for it, but many others disagree so i wouldnt take my word for it.

It's based on a true story, it has stunning camerawork, and did you notice the use of colors in the movie? Really great. It does a good job in portraying the Brazillian slums, and shows the close resemblance between the power of the press and violance. And of course the story is brought in a great way itself too. Atleast, that's what I got out of it after watching it a few times more than one time. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Saw II - Been there, done that. And that was the case with the first movie. Continues in the same style, too bad no own initiative of the new director, even the make-up effects still weren't good. A lot of gore is good, but a lot of gore doesn't make a good movie. It did it's job but I'm not really impressed. The inevitable plot twist was horrible btw.

5.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

It's based on a true story, it has stunning camerawork, and did you notice the use of colors in the movie? Really great. It does a good job in portraying the Brazillian slums, and shows the close resemblance between the power of the press and violance. And of course the story is brought in a great way itself too. Atleast, that's what I got out of it after watching it a few times more than one time. :)

i did think it was filmed very well, and actually the acting in it was pretty good too. the story didnt interest me, i think that was the problem. i know they have it hard down there, but they kinda bring it upon themselves. the stealing, drugs and killing really puts off many people. it seemed like the movie made you supposed to feel sorry for them, and i just didnt feel that.

12 Angry Men - good/great movie

****SPOILERS****

10 minutes into it, you could tell that he was going to be innocent in the end. that didnt bother me too much, just watching how the guy slowly conviced everyone, and how "facts" turned out not to be facts at all, it was really interesting. i did also think around that same time, that the guy who first said he was innocent, was in fact the one who commited the crime. i really didnt have any reason for this, the only thing i was thinking was if its 21st on the top 250, there has to be something really twisted with this. i was wrong, but the movie was good with out the twist.

****SPOILERS****

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

L'ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ge d'or - The third, and first feature length, movie of director Luis BuÃÆÃâÃâñuel. I don't really know what to say. It was really, really weird. It had something special, but it wasn't really great or something. I guess I will rewatch it tomorrow or something.

21o4pav.jpg

I just finished watching American Beauty. It was an amazing movie, very well directed, amazingly well written, and some of the best acting I've ever seen (especially Spacey, but he's always awesome). It was funny, it was deep, it was clever and above all very entertaining. Definately somewhere in my top 20 movies.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I just finished watching American Beauty. It was an amazing movie, very well directed, amazingly well written, and some of the best acting I've ever seen (especially Spacey, but he's always awesome). It was funny, it was deep, it was clever and above all very entertaining. Definately somewhere in my top 20 movies.

american beauty is pretty good, and so is kevin spacey. you have to see the usual suspects (if you havent already), he is really good in that.

Once Upon a Time in the West - in my favorite genre post i said westerns were my least favorite type of movie, so i went into this not expecting much. it was a pretty good movie, which means it must have been one of the best westerns ever. you can definently tell it had the same composer as in the kill bill movies, and after looking at the list, about 20 billion other movies. it really works well in this movie. plus, the main girl in it actually looks hot in the old west clothes, that i have never seen before.

Batman Begins - i havent seen the other batman movies in so long its not even funny. i couldnt even tell you the story line of them. i started this movie thinking that if the story lines of the last movies were so unremarkable, this one probably isnt any better. i was wrong. not that it had an awe insipiring story line, just it was interesting (and i watched the others a long, long time ago in a galaxy far far away). the movie was great, a lot more than expected out of it. it was kinda weird seeing the american psycho be a superhero, but i liked it a lot. just checked to see if it was by the same director as the other ones (it is not), and i noticed it was by the same guy who did memento. that explains things.

Serenity - never even heard of this movie until the ctrl-alt-del webcomic guy posted about it on his website. he said something about a tv show, and this movie, but i never heard of any of it so i didnt pay attention. i started watching it, and it seemed like it was taking some things for granted that you were supposed to know, but mostly it was made for anyone. i dont know if the tv series is supposed to take place after the movie, or before the movie, or independant of the movie, so if anyone has any info that would be cool. anyways, the movie. it was great. its an action/sci fi type, not really anything else. i like action/ sci fi movies so i was perfectly happy the whole time. river is nice looking, and that helped out a bit. the acting wasnt anything special but it wasnt bad, not something from a movie on the sci fi channel. im going to go see about getting the tv series, which i think is called firefly. i dont know if they are still doing new ones or not, but ill check it out.

anyways, lost is on tonight, followed by southpark, dont anyone forget :P

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg