What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Die Unendliche Geschichte (The Neverending Story) - heart.gif This movie is so cute. 7/10.
Urgh Daan! lol. Actually its not that bad a film its just been at least 10 years since i last saw it ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Urgh Daan! lol. Actually its not that bad a film its just been at least 10 years since i last saw it ^_^

Ah, c'mon, what's cuter then a flufflable plush luckdragon that can talk and is named Falkor? Now don't say two fluffable plush luckdragons that can talk and are named Falkor. :P

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

A pet rock > Falkor

Actually... pocket lint > Falkor

I hate hte never ending story btw :P

A pet rock > Falkor

Actually... pocket lint > Falkor

I hate hte never ending story btw :P

Pet rocks are overrated. What is it again that came with pet rocks? I forgot it. And what's wrong with the neverending story? :P

21o4pav.jpg

You shoudlnt really ocmpare it to the book. It contains the characters and title from it but thats about it really. the original author even tried suing the movies studios to get his name taken out the credits because he said is was too different to be called his work.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

just... sucks really. In comparison to the book.

And the ones after it never should've been made at all.

They just got progressively worse.

I haven't got the other two. I've got the 395/396 minute mini-serie though. :) The movie is just very cute, of course it isn't very much quality, but it is fun! And I never read the books, so. 8)

21o4pav.jpg

Watched L̮̩̉̉on last night cus i couldnt sleep. Really good film though it never really gets a lot of prase in the newspaper which is a strange considering its in the top 50 movies on IMDb. Starring a very young Natalie Portman and Jean Reno as the "cleaner" it really breaks the usual "hollywood clicḫ̩̉̉s" which is one of the reasons i really enjoy this film. If you havnt seen it, get it! Its only about a fiver from play.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/

did you see my desktop for this month 8)

anyways, yesterday i recieved the ten dvd ultimate matrix box set with a bust of neo, and its pretty awesome. i also got the first season of lost. today i got robert rodriguez's mexico trilogy, and the man with no name trilogy. ive spent some of yesterday and all of today watching the first season of lost, which is awesome the second time through. then ill get to the other movies.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Memoirs of an Invisible Man

Pretty cool Carpenter movie, one of my faves. Never really gets good ratings but I like it. ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

The Weather Man - I thought it was pretty good. It was really funny in a kind of sad way. The movie started out very strong, it went a bit downhill at some point, but it didn't turned out bad. Cage played a great role and he was greatly supported by Caine. Also the visuals of the movie were pretty neat, for example the scene where they are capturing the ice on a great lake (don't ask me what lake), the surrealistic dream with Spongebob and of course of the archery scenes were amazing as well. The characters were nice and detailed like they should be. And the soundtrack was very good aswell. Don't really know what more to say about it. Cage is on a roll, let's hope he choses for variety so his thing doesn't get old too soon. 7.8/10.

21o4pav.jpg

Round Up: Deposing 'The Usual Suspects' - Documentary about the Usual suspects with a lot of interviews with cast, director and other crew of the movie. It gave a pretty nice insight, educationel and fun at the same time. I really enjoyed it. Stephen Baldwin and Kevin Pollak were a bit annoying though. There was this awesome quote by Gabriel Byrne, I'll look it up at the DVD later so I can share it with you guys.

The Untouchables: Re-Inventing the Genre - Among with the other featurettes on the collectors edition DVD. Also really informative about the gangster genre, set-up changes etc. I'm not a great fan of DePalma and his way of directing (it looks good, but a lot of it is stolen), so he annoyed me a bit during the featurette, but the Untouchables is a good movie and so were the extras I could see.

A found links to the rest of the featurettes of The Untouchables:

The Untouchables: Production Stories

The Untouchables: The Classic

The Untouchables: The Script, the Cast

There was one more, which I can't find. :)

21o4pav.jpg

The Chronicles Of Narnia - The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe.

A jolly good thoroughly British movie and whatnot :) Very enjoyable, when i went into it a thought i might be disappointed with Aslan being a CGI character but there can't of been any other way, and you soon got used to the whole CGI thing since half the other characters were. The acting was good, the children could have been taken straight out of 1940's war time Britain, and they all looked remarkably alike. Lucy began to slightly bug me with her eternal innocence and i felt almost that she kind of held everything back from being just a bit more sinister. But i guess it was very much true to the book. The fight scene was slightly disappointing, whichever critic said it rivalled some of LOTR ones was wrong, but it was very good for a PG.

8/10, although I couldn't help thinking throughout about King Kong, it really does look AWESOME, i'm going to see it next weekend with some friends, i can't wait. :D

Favourite quote? "We're not heroes, we're from Finchley" :P

"Da mihi castitatem et continentam, sed noli modo"

El Mariachi - great movie, first one in robert rodriguez's mexico trilogy. tied with the third one for how good it is, good story line, the actors were good, kinda wished they kept the same mariachi for the next two movies. one of the first movies robert did, so you can tell the budget wasnt too high. but everything was pulled off very well, definently liked this movie.

Desperado - robert rodriguez is a good director/writer/producer, but for some reason this movie seemed like he wasnt trying all that hard, just trying to ride the back of the first one. it was good, but it seems like he held back and didnt try too much on this one.

Once Upon a Time in Mexico - i saw this one before, but i had to watch it after i finished the first two. i like johnny depp, and he played his charachter well. expecially near end after something happens to him. good movie, i liked the story.

i have a few more, have to edit them in later.

EDIT: the rest

Bewitched - will farrell is funny, and i like nicole kidman, and i liked the old tv show bewitched, so i enjoyed this movie. there could have been a little more comedy to it though, it seemed lacking.

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe - its a kids movie, only rated pg, and you can definently tell. its also a disney movie, so it keeps it kind of nice. all the good charachters ended up being fine, all the bad charachters died. i never read the books, so i had no idea what to expect. the story was good, i like fantasy, but i think somebody other than disney could have made it better. maybe it was exactly like the book, in which case i probably just wouldnt enjoy it all that much nomatter who does it. i dont mind kids movies, in fact i enjoy some of them, but if it has a war in it, you cant keep it nice for the kids and make it work well. the big battle was very, very disapointing, you dont get that "all is lost" and "we are all going to die" feeling, it looks easily winable. anyways, if i was younger, i would have loved this movie. now, its just ok.

Aeon Flux - i kinda liked the story, and the action was ok, but nothing really special about this movie. just your run of the mill comic book movie.

Fantastic Four - probably nothing special about this movie either, but i liked it a lot. they did all the special effects very well, and jessica alba was hot. thats pretty much sums everything up.

Hero - at a friends house and we just finished fantastic four, but had time for another movie. i had hero with me, so we watched it. my review stays the same as last time, just it seemed a little longer this time. i dont watch movies twice within one month period very often, i cant watch any movie too often and enjoy it as much everytime.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Mr. and Mrs. Smith - a decently exciting action flick, if absurdly stupid action. They had about 50 like SWAT-ish guys shooting at them from 3 different levels, and they were in the middle, just spinning and shooting for like 5 mins and they didn't get hit in the head. They got about 25 torso hits each, but they were wearing vests, but it was absurdly stupid. But it wasn't trying to be realistic, but it wasn't particularly great action in that scene either. It had a sorta exciting feel, and decent comedy...Not the best movie ever but worth a watch if you happen to rent it.

Cinderella Man - This one was great :)! Ron Howard+Russel Crowe=good :). Excellent directing, good score, also very good acting (I think Paul Giamatti deserves ATLEAST a supporting actor Oscar nomination, hopefully a win, Renee Zelweggar was pretty good to.) Russel Crowe was excellent, but not like as good as he was in A Beatiful Mind...But this was definately a pretty good movie. Oscar nomination... perhaps, I wouldn't be to surprised. Ron Howard might get directing too.

Oh, and I plan to watch Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, and The Maltese Falcon both on Wednesday.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Bah, couldn't watch anything this weekend. Had birthday of my friends father who became 50 yesterday, and my grandfathers birthday who became 75 today.

Up for tomorrow:

Andrei Tarkovsky's Nostalghia (new)

Luchino Visconti's Rocco e i suoi fratelli (rewatch)

And, Mr. Putter, I don't hope Howard will get an Oscar nomination since the movie was for from great. Also Zelwegger was absolute rubbish in this movie. Overall the movie was okay but it relied a lot on cheap sentiment. I agree on Paul Giamatti though, one of Hollywoods most underrated actors.

21o4pav.jpg

Jurassic Park is coolies.

Read Lost World some time ago and the movie just kills it. 3 was ok I guess

I saw Scorpion King just a few days ago on network TV,

Limewired Godsmack - I Stand Alone as the credits rolled...hehehe

<~[ FLAME_ON!! ]~>

on/off RSplayer since 2000

Awaiting Jurassic Park 4 ^_^

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0369610/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

Nostalghia - It's a Tarkovsky so you know it's not going to be fun, since the man didn't see cinema as a form of entertainment. It's a tough movie which requieres a lot of attention and concentration. Just like all Tarkovskies you can't just go in, you need to find the right moment and be in the right mood, otherwise you just won't make it till the end.

The movie is about a poet traveling trough Itally with his Itallian female translater. He is there to research the life of a Russian composer who died in Italy. While he is in Itally he has strong feelings of nostalghia for Russia and his wife and children. In Itally he meets a man who has gone mad, he locked up his family for seven years and is known as a lunatic. In his dreams we can see his nostalghia, facination for the towns lunatic and his passion for his female translater join together as the Russian poet is going mad. Water is the central point in this movie.

This is as I expected yet another beautiful Tarkovsky, it is so wonderfully shot, the zooms and still shots are amazing. And in combination with the sometimes hypnotizing sound effects you are really dragged into another world. Which is another thing that is so special about this movie. It isn't Italy as we know it form cinema, it's not shiny and nicely coloured, it's not happy and romantic. It's a harsh gray view, a lot of mist and muddy scenes.

It's a slow yet beautiful movie that requieres a lot of attention and concentration from the viewer. And even if you paid a lot of attention and given yourself completely it is worth it to see it another time, so you can see more and understand this movie better. You will be tired during and after this movie. and I wouldn't recommend it to anybody else than the more 'experienced' watchers. However you should try it of course if you are curious.

I rate it 8.5/10

Hopefully Le Charme discret de la bourgeoisie tonight. :)

21o4pav.jpg