What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Jarhead - very high hopes for this movie, directed by sam mendes, jake gyllenhaal as the main actor, it all added up to be a great movie. it wasnt really all that great. didnt really portray serving in the marines as anything different than i saw in other movies. im going to call this "the movie that could have been".

i bought this a while ago, i thought *ten alfred hitchcock movies for 12 bucks, even if only two of them are good then that still only 6 bucks a movie*. i didnt expect anything out of these, (sans lady vanishes and the man who knew to much, both of which i liked and are the only two i had previously watched until now) so i am fairly happy after seeing the first on the list:

Young and Innocent - alfred hitchcock writes lots of movies, not all of them are going to be like psycho or the birds. you can definently tell this is a ah movie, it kept you interested the whole time. fairly easy to guess whats going but it is a 1937 movie. not really all that much around this time, so you have to give him props for that. after the movie they give you a bonus "short" that lasts about 20 minutes, called the sorcerers apprentice. i thought this was as good as the movie was, and they just kinda throw it in there at the end.

if you ever happen to see this dvd set anywhere (cheaper than $20, i got it on sale at $12) you should pick it up. theres at least three good movies on there, and im going to watch the other 7 tommorow. onyl problem is they are all pretty short, longest is 98 minutes. i can dont find it a problem, but it might seem kind of short.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Shaun Of The Dead

(Again) Great movie, scarier I thought than the remake of Dawn Of The Dead. Hang on. No. But good nonetheless. Not to over the top with too much swearing like many zombie flicks.

Funny as hell, the punchlines delivered with great timing.

War Of The Worlds (Remake)

I don't know if I'm easily pleased or not, but I thought it was okay. Great special effects and musical score. I have more respect for the original(thoughI havent seen it) but can now understand more of the impact it would have had.

It's better to burn out, than to fade away

The king is gone, but he's not forgotten

- Neil Young

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban - It was a dark and rainy night, and in combination with the upcomming movie I figured it was the ultimate moment to explore the wonderful world of magic at Hogwarts once more. Still a quality movie, it's a lot more mature than the earlier movies, but that's only logical, since the characters are a year older now. It has got a great deal of comedy, some 'dark' moments and some drama. I really liked the short (funny) shots that were a sort of intermission between some scenes, for example: the part where the bird flies away and suddendly gets caught by the big tree. Again they managed to capture the right atmosphere of the castle and everything and around it. They go a little deeper into the Hogwarts culture, for example the scene were Harry and his friends (not only Hermione and Ron) are trying the candy that makes you growl like an animal, and in this movie they bring some puber-problems to the attention, quite nice, because after all Harry and his palls are still teenagers. And of course a great score. I don't really see a lot of bad things, other than Daniel's acting at some points. I really enjoyed it, but not as much as the first time. 8/10?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Can't really remember, it may have been Notting Hill, I just watched the first half hour of Ghostbusters though.

Notting Hill is one of those movies where I'll be say sitting in class and think, man, I realy want to watch that movie right now and then it bugs me because I have to wait until I get home lol. :roll:

well, i continued watching my 10 movie alfred hitchcock collection, watched 3 this time. didnt quite have the time to watch them all, but ill get there eventually. keeping these short since theres not much to say about them

Blackmail - interesting story line and he did it as good as you would expect from him. the ending is kind of odd, but i cant really say anything else because it would ruin it.

Juno and the Paycock - this one moved very slow, i watched about 75% of it, but only about 25% i was actually sitting down and paying all my attention to it. after a while i just started doing something else, and i kept on looking over at it but nothing was happening. eventually i just shut it off. i just read, while getting the imdb link for it, that alfred hitchcock was contractly obligated to make it, and he really didnt want to. it actually showed that he didnt really like it.

Rich and Strange - just finished watching it, and it was pretty good. basically a romance movie, nothing else really to it. if you like romance movies, youd like this one pretty well. they arent my favorite, but i dont mind watching them. this one was a good one. funny the description of the movie on the dvd case is about the last 5 or 10 minutes of the show. imdb plot out line is a good one.

going to watch 3 more tommorow, then i might watch the rest later. i was going to skip "the man who knew too much" and "lady vanishes" because ive seen them before, but i think im going to watch them now.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw Harry Potter at 12:00 AM this morning. (Midnight of thursday) (Dit quoi? Harry Potter came out at Midnight on thursday?)

I wrote a physics final exam at 8:00 AM this morning

The exam did nooooot go so well heh.

Thirteen conversations about one thing - Had it for a while now, and finally decided to watch it. I thought it was a pretty good drama, it's kind of different to normal drama movies, thanks to various things such as the use of the music in the movie and the way of storytelling. Couldn't find much things that were wrong or somethin, but it wasn't perfect either. 7.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

Got Spider-Man 2, One Perfect Day, X-Men 2, Maverick and The Lion The Witch And The Wardrobe out today.

Spider-Man 2 first up. Fairly decent. I always knew MJ knew Peter was spider man, you can tell from the end of the first one so the ending was pretty much predictable :P

Interesting how Osborne found his dad's stash of Goblin stuff at the end aswell, always interesting to see people wanting revenge :P

I watched Panic Room, which apparently I own. I remember I got it for 6$ like atleast 4 months ago without ever having seen it. It was a decent thriller, and though it used lots of thrill tactics and close-calls, it was exciting. Pretty neat directing, but Jodie Foster's acting was not really very good. Otherwise good acting though. I'd say it was good, but the ending was to predictable and too perfect. Spoiler...skip to end if you haven't seen this.-

IMO they should have let the black guy get away, since he was the only moral criminal, and he saved them. And he should have gotten like 1 of the deeds or something. I would have enjoyed that much more.

Overall it was pretty good, if forgetable.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I watched Panic Room, which apparently I own. I remember I got it for 6$ like atleast 4 months ago without ever having seen it. It was a decent thriller, and though it used lots of thrill tactics and close-calls, it was exciting. Pretty neat directing, but Jodie Foster's acting was not really very good. Otherwise good acting though. I'd say it was good, but the ending was to predictable and too perfect. Spoiler -IMO they should have let the black guy get away, since he was the only moral criminal, and he saved them. And he should have gotten like 1 of the deeds or something. I would have enjoyed that much more. Overall it was pretty good, if forgetable.

untitled0jp1.jpg

thats why you dont change colors to post spoilers, it just doesnt work for everyone :wink: (didnt bother me any, i noticed the different color and assumed it was a spoiler, so i didnt see it :P )

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched Panic Room, which apparently I own. I remember I got it for 6$ like atleast 4 months ago without ever having seen it. It was a decent thriller, and though it used lots of thrill tactics and close-calls, it was exciting. Pretty neat directing, but Jodie Foster's acting was not really very good. Otherwise good acting though. I'd say it was good, but the ending was to predictable and too perfect. Spoiler -IMO they should have let the black guy get away, since he was the only moral criminal, and he saved them. And he should have gotten like 1 of the deeds or something. I would have enjoyed that much more. Overall it was pretty good, if forgetable.

untitled0jp1.jpg

thats why you dont change colors to post spoilers, it just doesnt work for everyone :wink: (didnt bother me any, i noticed the different color and assumed it was a spoiler, so i didnt see it :P )

*grumbles*

Blasted...multi-template...Grr...Whatever.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Ronin - Nice thriller, 7/10

Dracula - Great fun. 7/10

And a more obscure movie made by the belgians...it's not a "dirty" movie, but I don't think it's meant to be openly shared on the forums. If you're interested, PM or MSN. :)

21o4pav.jpg

I saw The French Connection. It was a bit slow, but I think it was alright. It was kindy gritty/noir influenced, but only a hint of such. It was pretty interesting, pretty thrilling, but I wouldn't say it's a classic. It did the job, and it had the best car-to-train chase I've ever seen. I have The French Connection on tape, but I donno if I am gonna watch it. 7/10.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Now I remember why I hate going to the normal cinema for Hollywood productions. We left at 18:30, we arrived at 18:45. We picked up the tickets that afternoon, so we didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to wait and could get great seats right away. We went in and the hall was half full, and the places I aimed for (my fav. ones) were still unoccupied. The nasty part was that we had to wait for another 45 minutes for the movie to begin, while we were in a hall with screaming kids, pop-corn throwing (not at certain people or something) teenagers. This was all guided with the wonderful music of Sisqo (Where the HELL did they dig this guy up??) and a few dance tunes from the 80ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s. Anyway, after 45 minutes of pop-corn eating my bucket of pop-corn was half empty and finally the movie started.

The movie really starts with a thrill; they slightly adjusted the music for the intro, made it sound a bit darker, a little bit more mature and spooky. WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in HarryÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s dream and weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re experiencing the nightmare he is having, we see it all happening, and when the famous spell Avada Kedavra is casted we see him wake-up, soaking in sweat. Hermione comes rushing in, telling them (Ron and Harry) to hurry up because they have to leave, they donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t know where. Five minutes later we discover that they (the Weasley family) meet up with Cedric and his father; they are going to the Quidditch world cup. When we arrive we can see all the supporting wizards and witches partying on one big campsite, this was a really nice scene, all that joy people flying on the brooms almost hitting other people, and then we arrive at the tent Harry and the WeasleyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s sleep in. We see a small tent, and they all hop in, Harry looks surprised and enters the tent as well to discover there is this huge house inside the tent. I really liked how they done this since this was how I imagined it when I was reading the book. After that weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re at the stadium where the Quidditch final is played between Ireland and Bulgaria (It was Bulgaria, right?:P), before everyone is at their seats we see a small confrontation between the Malfoy family (Draco and Lucius) and the Weasley family and Harry, which is very nice as well; you could really feel the hatred and disgust from both sides. When everybody is at their seats we get introduced to both teams and we can see everybody cheering. I really enjoyed this small part of it because it really portrayed the atmosphere at such a big match; we muggles have that as well with world cup football matches. I was getting really into it, getting the right atmosphere, almost cheering in the cinema for the Irishmen, and then the game started. Not. They start the game and suddenly we are at the end of the match, partying in the tent. What a big disappointment. WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re in the tent, and suddenly there is panic, Arthur runs outside to see whatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s happening and comes back in panic saying they should all leave right away; the death eaters arrived. In all chaos Harry loses his friends and gets knocked out accidentally by the crowd thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s running around in panic because the death eaters are attacking their tents and killing them. When we see Harry wake up again every single tent in the entire area is burned down to the ground and we can see a dark wizard approaching, yelling for Harry, but he never reaches him because the people from the ministry of magic are earlier.

If you donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t mind IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll skip the train part, since I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t think it was that interesting to share. We arrive at Hogwarts, but Harry and his friends arenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t the only ones arriving to Hogwarts; there is a large ride powered by hippogriffs (I think they were hippogriffs), and a big boat-submarine combination getting out of the water. Then we ware at the dinner table, everything is settled and sorted and Dumbledore starts introducing everybody to the Tri-Wizard-Tournament. WeÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re introduced first with the team of the beautiful Beauxbattons (beautiful wands), we can see them coming in their beautiful blue suits and when they do their moves with the flowers coming up you can almost smell their perfume, wonderfully done. Then we get introduced to the men from Durmstrang, we see them enter with an almost scary precision and tight moves, you can see they are more the physical types (just as Hermione later describes Krum in the movie), and they are really serious, again, a very well done introduction of a new school. I liked how the scenes for this werenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t too long, since it can get a bit boring then, but the really captured them briefly but managed to get their basic emotions over to the audience. Dumbledore starts talking about the ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ãâ¹ÃâGoblet of FireÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢, itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the goblet where you need to put your name in when you want to compete with the tournament, but you can only put your name in when you are over the age of 17. During dinner you can start with putting your names in. After dinner weÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re going back to the normal school life, although we donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really get a proper insight of their classes and teachers. We get to see one class, and thatÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s the class of defence against the dark arts, with, yet again, a brand new teacher; Mad Eye Moody, who is more than greatly played by Brendan Gleeson (who was a teacher before he started his acting career!). I really like how they chose to do his make-up. I also really liked the character of Mad Eye Moody; he was funny, honest, smart and helpful. Then we go to the selection of the students who are going to attend the Tri-Wizard Tournament. The cup spits out a few names (Spoiler of the names that are spit out Krum, Fleur and Cedric) and when we think we are all done the cup suddenly spits out another name, I think we can all guess whoÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s name that is. Then there is some panic, Dumbledore loses his temper, which I think is quite good, so we can see heÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s not a synonym of the word calm, and adds some emotion to the scene. Harry attending the tournament creates some frustration and anger with Ron. I think their arguing, especially RonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s behaviour, is a bit weird and overdone, I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really liked how they worked out that part.

After that what we get to see the three assignments they have to do and the ball-scene. I wonÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t go on about how they worked out the assignments in dept, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ll just say they were very good, the dragon-chase with the first assignment was just breathtaking, and the underwater scene was amazingly real and exciting, very, very well done. The last assignment in the maze was amazingly done as well; you could really feel the claustrophobia and the tension of the people entering the maze, again very, very well done. I thought the ball-scene was really good as well. When everybody was entering the ball-room it was exactly how I imagined it to be, it had so much atmosphere and the dance scenes captured so much humour, and the big rock nÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ roll part was really good, I really liked it!

Overall, IÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢d say it was a really good movie. Visually it was really brilliant, such great camerawork and of course stunning special effects. And where the first two movies werenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really scary or something, the third one had some pretty good moments that definitely werenÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t for children, and this movie goes a little bit further in that. Also Harry and his friends really lose their innocence; theyÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re making sometimes pervert jokes, they are a bit more aggressive and the humour sometimes is a bit darker. The only thing I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really like was how they had done the inevitable duel-scene, it seemed to be floating around in nowhere, it had no real connection to the story and just seemed like it was placed there in the end just because every Harry Potter movie has to end with a duel scene, that was where the adaptation lacked a bit. The movie was strongly focused on the tournament and therefore kind of lost the sub-plots of the books and some characters. All in all this was by far the best Harry Potter movie, and thanks to itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s humour, thrilling moments, sometimes touching scenes, great camerawork, special effects and overall pretty good acting, I didnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t really mind the parts that got lost in the adaptation, though it would be better if they paid more attention to that. I had a great night and was entertained from the first to the last second of the movie. Be sure to see this in cinema.

8/10

21o4pav.jpg

Cannibal: The Musical - haha, this is one hilarious movie. just freaking hilarious. put it on in the backround during the lan party i hosted yesterday, and ended up everyone sitting down and watching it for a while. you can pick it up for about $5, so if you see it, get it. :D

Superstar - SNL skit turned into a movie, but not very well. my friend lent me this (and the next movie i review), so i felt i had to watch it. i made him watch being john malcovich, and american beauty, and he didnt like either. now i know why. oh well, different tastes. if youve seen the skit with the main charachter from this movie in it, you might have a reason to watch it. i didnt find it funny, and thats not good when its supposed to be a comedy. i ended up paying attention to stupid stuff, i noticed all the cars are lime green bugs in this one scene, and all through out the rest of the movie. could be through the whole movie, i didnt bother going back to check.

The Forgotten - the other movie my friend lent me, that he thinks is the best movie ever. first off, juliane moore. not cool. i dont like her at all, she just annoys the crap out of me. as for the movie, slighty interesting story, but it was pulled off very poorly. i watched the extended version with alternate ending, and the ending sucked. didnt even bother to watch the regular ending because i just didnt care.

Run Lola Run - seen this one before, and i liked it a lot. i felt like watching soemthing good after seeing two crappy movies in a row, and i remembered this being good. its even better the second time. you have to really pay attention to catch all of the flashback, and i was ready this time. great movie.

****SPOILERS****

third times a charm, that worked pretty well with the movie. i really liked the end. and after the second time, it looks like everythings going to be ok, and then SMACK, the same emergency vehicle that crashed through the glass after not giving her a lift, comes along and runs him over. spetacular :D

****SPOILERS****

my from dusk till dawn box set should be here tommorow, so im going to watch those then. i kinda bought them blind, i was just browsing the website, recognized the name, and ordered them. i still have no idea what they are, just that i recognized the name :lol: . i hope they are good.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg