What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

youll be happy with war of the worlds, its a little more like the book than the other older movie, but its set in modern times of course. neither of them really follow the story exactly, but thats probably a good thing, its not all that exciting sometimes. this one also has something from the older movie too, spielberg pretty much keeps you happy wether or not you seen the old one and/or read the book.

Kicking and Screaming - will farrell is funny as usual, and there are a lot of other funny people in it too. its your basic story line for these kids sports movies *crappy team, finds a few good people to play, do better than expected, people start to lose site of the point of the game, last game everyone figures it out*. but it is funny none the less, will farrell does a great job in it.

Hero - stunning camera work, and the colors were spectacular. the use of colors was prominent throughout the whole movie, just awesome. the fighting was aweome, the plot was awesome, how they keep on changing the story. wont say anymore to ruin it. great movie.

Terminal - ive been wanting to see this ever since i first saw the previews for it, and i just now get to see it. anyways, it was a pretty funny movie, i dont care for tom hanks or catherine zeta jones, but tom hanks was ok in this movie. the only part i thought was less than it could have been was the end, it seemed like it ended about 10 or 15 minutes before it actually did, and kind of just dragged on. but other than that it was a good movie.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Irr̮̩̉̉versible - Saw this one yesterday night. Famous for it's two controversial scenes; the 10 minute long, very detailed and realistic r@pe scene. Which goes down as one of the most brute r@pe scenes in cinematic history. And the scene with the fire-stop thing. It's a vengeance movie, but thanks to it's exccesive violance that does serve a purpose, its interesting camerawork, use of colors and musical guidence it pulls things to another level. Not a fun movie, but a must see. 8.5/10

Why the hell is the word R@pe censored? :?

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Irr̮̩̉̉versible - Saw this one yesterday night. Famous for it's two controversial scenes; the 10 minute long, very detailed and realistic r@pe scene. Which goes down as one of the most brute r@pe scenes in cinematic history. And the scene with the fire-stop thing. It's a vengeance movie, but thanks to it's exccesive violance that does serve a purpose, its interesting camerawork, use of colors and musical guidence it pulls things to another level. Not a fun movie, but a must see. 8.5/10

Why the hell is the word R@pe censored? :?

i dont know why its censored :?

sounds like a good movie, ill have to see it eventually (so many movies... so little time...). does it show the r@pe scene extensivly? because i remember watching american psycho, which wass supposed to be really bad, but you never really saw anything. at least when im reading the book i was able to picture it how i thought he was explaining it, but in movies its supposed to show you. i just didnt think it did a good job, and i was wondering if this one does better.

anyways, i forgot to put a movie in before the last set (saw it at the theater, forgot about it), and then i have a few more to add.

Ice Harvest - ive liked john cusack in every movie that he has been in, and this movie looked funny from the previews. figured a comedy would be good for all my friends to see, and this one had john and randy quaid in it, so i picked this one. its definently a funny movie, not too bad of a story line, and everyone acted well. if you like a good laugh, its pretty funny.

National Lampoon's Gold Diggers - national lampoons, a hot girl on the front, the only funny charachter in the tv show "boy meets world", i figured a funny and enertaining movie. sadly, i was dissapointed. story wasnt anything great, acting was ok, way too many annoyances though. like the two old ladys and the co-star with the red hair. that makes 3 of the main 4 charachters annoying, which doesnt make for a good movie. and the hot girl only was in there for about 10 minutes all together, and wasnt as hot as she looked on the cover :(

Swordfish - my sunday started with hero, followed by the terminal, then i went to work, and watched gold diggers. i couldnt let such a great day of movies be ruined at the end, so i decided to watch one more. swordfish i always heard was a good movie, and that is right. enertaining the whole time, lots of action fairly decent story line, pretty good acting, and interesting ending. definently worth a watch. it can get pretty loud though, make sure you dont have it blaring on your surround sound system at 12:30 at night when your parents are sleeping, because it might wake them. :lol: *cough*. what are you looking at me for.

National Lampoon's Blackball - after seeing gold diggers i wasnt expecting anything from this one. i think since my expectations were so low, i liked it a bit more than i normally would have. it has its funny moments, funny people, funny situations. generic sports movie plot, but its worth a watch if you have a the time too. dont put it at the top of the list though.

Ned Kelly - i have seen this movie before, but i wanted to watch it by myself so i could catch everything. they kind of talk weird and kind of mumble sometimes, so its hard to catch everything. i think its because they were all having to fake their accents. interesting movie, i liked it. based on a true story, so if thats the kind of thing that floats your boat, there you go. dont know how true the end was though, seems kind of far fetched.

well my from dusk till dawn dvd set that was supposed to arrive last thursday still hasnt arrived yet (5 to 10 days, normally get it 5 days afterward. now its the tenth day). i guess thanksgiving they didnt work, and its the holiday season. i should have it tommorow i would hope...

EDIT: fixed stupid bbcode...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

sounds like a good movie, ill have to see it eventually (so many movies... so little time...). does it show the r@pe scene extensivly? because i remember watching american psycho, which wass supposed to be really bad, but you never really saw anything. at least when im reading the book i was able to picture it how i thought he was explaining it, but in movies its supposed to show you. i just didnt think it did a good job, and i was wondering if this one does better.

This scene is very, very extensively. It takes ten minutes, the camera doesn't move, it is on the floor and constantly aimed on the r@pist and his victim. After the r@pe the woman is beat up, which is also brought in detail. It's a rough and unpleasent scene.

Joyeux NoÃÆÃâÃâël - Saw this yesterday at the Film By the Sea troughout the year thing. It was pretty good. It's about 24th of december 1914. The night in WWI where the Germans, French and Scottish soldiers celebrate christmas together etc. It had a lot of humor in it as well, which was a good thing. Sometimes things did got a bit too sentimental. All in all it was pretty good. I'll go with IMDB today; 7.5/10.

Just read the French want to send in this movie for best foreign movie at the oscars. Might want to add that this would be a nice film to check out if you want to start with foreign films. :)

21o4pav.jpg

From Dusk Till Dawn - good

From Dusk Till Dawn 2: Texas Blood Money - ok

From Dusk Till Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter - in between first and second

****SPOILERS****

the first one started off good, i still had no idea what the story line was when i started watching it, it said from robert rodriguez and quentin tarantino of the cover, so i was expecting it to be pretty good. started off good, robbers want to get accross the border, take a family hostage to do so. suprisingly, they make it to their destination with no problems. up until this point i thought this was the main point of the movie, and it would just continue like this. then, all of the sudden, while they are watching a lady "perform", she turns into a freaking vampire. i had no idea this movie was about vampires, so i literaly said out loud "what the %&*$". i dont really care for these types of movies with vampires and the like, but it was pulled off fairly well. it definently gets a lot of bonus points for being so normal at the begining and leading you on, only to change abruptdly.

second one was a vampire flick from the begining. as said above i dont care for these types of movies, but i watched it. i read the back of the third movie though, and i thought i read the second one, so i was confused for a while. didnt really care for this one. and i cant find robert rodriguez or quentin tarantino in the credits, i think they just put their names on it so people might actually buy it. you could tell the quality fell a bit though.

third one was a little better than the second one, but it was completely riding on the back of the first one. first part of the movie, nothing with vampires. they go to the place, bam! vampires. they have to keep alive till they can escape, and it turns out only two escape. just like in number 1. of course theres differences, and it was made to be like the first one so that fans of the first one who were let down like the third one more. im glad they stopped it here though, they finally found out it just doesnt have anything left for a good story to come out of it.

****SPOILERS****

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

War of the Worlds - I could it borrow it from work (I work at a record/dvd store, and you can borrow stuff if you bring it back the next morning). Well. I wish I took something else. Really, I put on this DVD with no expectations, and I really tried to like it. But this was just cack. The first 25 minutes where promosing, but after that it went downhill. I can't really explain why, I mean it looked good and all. Maybe it was because they casted the worst acting duo that you can think of; Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning. With exception of the first 25 minutes this was two hours of complete boredom and annoyance. 4/10.

21o4pav.jpg

Total of november:

1. The Goonies

2. Cidade de Deus

3. LÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢Enfant

4. I Kina Spiser de Hunde

5. Gremlins

6. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

7. Hook

8. Batman Begins

9. Manderlay

10. As it is in Heaven

11. Koyaanisqatsi

12. Bill and TedÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s Excellent Adventure

13. Life of Brian

14. Enduring Love

15. The Wolf Man

16. Werewolf of London

17. Una Giornata Particolare

18. Casshern

19. L.A. Confidential

20. Duck Soup

21. Saw II

22. L'ÃÆÃââââ¬Ã¡ge d'or

23. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

24. Thirteen Conversations about one Thing

25. Ronin

26. Dracula

27. Evil Dead II

28. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

29. Guernesy

30. Birth

31. Irr̮̩̉̉versible

32. Joyeux NoÃÆÃâÃâël

33. War of the Worlds

34. Kalamari Wrestler

35. Vase de noces (donÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t ask)

36. I Spit on your Grave

37. Angels with Dirty Faces

38. La Passion de Jean DÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢arc

39. Bronenosets Potyomkin

MightÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢ve forgotten to put one or two up there. Put your total month lists up here!

21o4pav.jpg

cant believe you didnt like war of the worlds, daan. i liked it a lot, but i am a tom cruise fan, and an h.g. wells fan, and i liked the first movie, so it pretty much had everything going for it (for me).

Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo - i found the first movie slightly funny, so i though this one would be kinda funny too. i was wrong, it was boring as hell. story line was stupid (wasnt much in the first one either, this one was stupider though), the jokes were stupid, everythign just sucked. not recommended.

The Godfather - just bought the trilogy, and it was in the gretest movie ever competition, so i figured id watch it again. you all know about this one, my personal rating was very good.

Traffic - i remember watching this in theatres when it came out, but i was more intersted in them saying the "f word" than the movie. hadnt seen a lot of movies that ive seen now at that point, so it was suprising. i remember not being able to follow what was going on, and not knowing what the point of the movie was. i dont know why i couldnt figure it out, having just watched it yesterday, there wasnt anything tricky about it at all. the movie was great, the acting was good, the use of colors is once again portrayed very well, and i kind of like the way it was filmed. its like someone with a hand held camera was recording it, it shook around slightly. i guess they did that to give it more of a documentary feel, i dont know. anyways, good movie, definently worth a watch.

novembers movies:

1. weatherman

2. heartbreakers

3. slackers

4. casablanca

5. coyote ugly

6. lord of war

7. usual suspects

8. city of god

9. 12 angry men

10. once upon a time in the west

11. batman begins

12. serenity

13. jarhead

14. young and innocent

15. blackmail

16. juno and the paycock

17. rich and strange

18. cannibal: the musical

19. superstar

20. the forgotten

21. run lola run

22. kicking and screaming

23. hero

24. terminal

25. ice harvest

26. national lampoons gold diggers

27. swordfish

28. national lampoons black ball

29. ned kelly

30. from dusk till dawn

31. from dusk till dawn 2

32. from dusk till dawn 3

you can definently tell i stopped working full time :lol:

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

you can definently tell i stopped working full time :lol:

And that I started working full time. :P I borrowed two movies from work today; The Truman Show and My Own Private Idaho, which I am going to watch in half an hour or so, just got back from work. Good I only have to work three hours tomorrow. But we have got ticket sale for the rolling stones concert, so it's going to be very bussy three hours.

21o4pav.jpg

Just got back from America so here is a list of the film i watched on my various flights accross the country and on HBO before bed time ^_^

Serving Sara

Elf

Fantastic Four

Surviving Christmas

Racing Stripes

Flight of the Intruder

Secret Window

Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed

Flight of the Phoenix (remake)

Batman Begins

Rebound

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Madagascar.

Meh, it had a few good gags, but too me it was basically a movie built around the penguins and their hilarious antics. But they needed a base story, so they made another story sans pengins.

A few laughers, lots of allusion to grow'd-up movies (American Beauty of note), and it was a fair animated pic (better than Shrek 2, Nemo, Monsters Inc., not as good as Toy Story, Incredibles IMO).

Next time, more pengins plz.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

out of all of those ive only seen one :lol: (batman begins)

Domino - written by richard kelly (wrote donnie darko), directed by tony scott (true romance), so i figured you couldnt really go wrong. it was pretty much an awesome movie, except for keira knightly. i hate her almost as much as i hate kirsten dunst. she almost ruined this movie for me, she definently did not fill the part very well. but the story line and plot were all pretty good, so it was a good movie.

"Firefly" TV Series - i know its not a movie, but i spent 12 hours yesterday watching it (not counting breaks for eating and stuff inbetween), so i figured it deserved a spot. i remember watching the movie "serenity", but i kept on feeling like i was missing something, since it takes place after the firefly series. this series is good, i dont usually care for the sci-fi channel type tv shows, but this one for some reason made me like it. i think its because of the lack of any real alien type things, the reavers kind of are, but you never see those (till the movie). basically it was just humans, with advanced technology, and living in a different solar system. good amount of action, some of its not believable (the crew rountinely gets shot, never life threatening. enemies routinely get kicked in the stomach, and die. power rangers, anyone? :lol: ) all in all, a good tv series, worth wasting an entire day on. (literaly, it took up the whole day, and i did watch the first two episodes the night before)

Serenity - first, and hopefully only movie ive watched twice since this thread started. i just finished the tv series last night, so i had to watch the movie to re-evaluate it. turns out, i didnt really miss all that much by not watching the tv series. they provide you with enough info during the course of the movie to understand everything. watching the series helps you understand some things that you might not of before, like who shepperd book at haven was, and who annoura was, but nothing important to the story was left out. i liked it the first time and was suprised, i liked it this time even more. definently cant wait for them to make a sequel, if they are going to.

EDIT: for those interested, a cliff note version of serenity, posted on fark today :D : Serenity

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I saw Walk the Line. It was quite good, Joaquin Pheonix and Reese Witherspoon are surprisingly excellent singers, as they did all the singing for their own parts. Excellent acting aswell.

The story was not unlike Ray, in fact it was scary close. It was pretty much the same movie with a different star.

Quite a good film, I can sense some Oscar nominations, and perhaps wins for acting. It's hard to say what will win best movie, but I hope to see Munich soon which looks rad.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Lord of War - "I believe it's "warlord.", "Thank you, but I prefer it my way.". :)

I went to see this yesterdaynight with three friends. Two of them participated at the trivia of this years film by the sea festival (only one knows everything, the other one was a girlfriend of his who entered with him purely for the price. :P ), and they won, of course. The prize was two passes which allow you to go to the cinema for free whenever you want for an entire year, and you can take somebody with you. So they asked if I wanted to see Lord of War, and of course I said yes.

The movie has kind of mixed up reviews, the public seems to think it's good, a lot of critics tend to say it wasn't good or even horrible, so I didn't have much expectations, no bad, no good. And to be honest, I must say I was pretty impressed. The movie had a good cast. There are a few actors in Hollywood who have got the skill to play the role of Yuri: Nicholas Cage, Edward Norton and Kevin Spacey. They picked Cage. It's a hard role to play, but you don't see Cage having much trouble playing it, he did a very good job, I think. Also the supporting cast delivered a great job.

The scene at the start of the movie, where we follow the bullet all over the world, is also very well done and gives us a short insight on the rest of the movie. The first hour (maybe some more, didn't really time it, this is more on feeling) is really good, has got a lot of humor, and of course it's serious points as well. At some points some things do get a little bit predictive, but that's not that bad. Structure wise it isn't very new. But the great mix of politics, satire and some action is really well done. I also thought it was pretty skillfull of the low ammount of violence they used for this movie. Which is kind of nice for a change. The second hour is more about his 'downfall' which we kind of know from the famous gangster flicks. But this one is a bit different, and better. Maybe they could've cut some stuff out of the movie and shortened it for a minute or 15.

I don't really know what more to say, lol. I thought it was pretty freaking good. 8.5/10

And I've seen trailers of Narnia and Jarhead. Now I'm not too much of a fantasy fan, but Narnia looked freaking sweet! And Jarhead looked amazing aswell. Can't wait to see them. And I'm going to see Weatherman tomorrow. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Watched L̮̩̉̉on last night cus i couldnt sleep. Really good film though it never really gets a lot of prase in the newspaper which is a strange considering its in the top 50 movies on IMDb. Starring a very young Natalie Portman and Jean Reno as the "cleaner" it really breaks the usual "hollywood clicḫ̩̉̉s" which is one of the reasons i really enjoy this film. If you havnt seen it, get it! Its only about a fiver from play.com

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110413/

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12