What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

The Man Who Knew Too Much - 1934 version, not the 1956 version, but its the same story. i actually like the original version a little better, even if the remake was filmed better. like all hitchcock movies, its exciting, and the plot is pretty good. this is a good one, but he has so many good ones, it isnt at the top of his.

Sabotage - this is based off of "secret agent" by joseph conrad (he wrote "heart of darkness"), and its a pretty good story. about terrorists in london, trying to keep the people in fear. when one sabatoge attempt happens and everyone laughs about it (power shut off to the entire city for a few hours), the sabatoger has to bomb something else. the sabatoger is an average joe with a family, and a secret agent is onto him. the end part of this movie is really good, although it did seem to carry on a bit.

that finishes off my 10 movie alfred hitchcock collection, except for those two silent ones. someday... but not soon :D

Spanglish - it was alright, adam sandler played a good serious role in this one. turns out he can act in something other than comedies (has a few now). the storyline was ok, it kept you into it for the most part, and there were some enertaining parts. not a bad movie, would be a good one if you are interested in it a little more than i was.

The Bourne Identity - this one is full of action, and it has a fairly interesting story. i wasnt planning on watching it (got 3.5 hours of sleep last night, woke up 17 hours ago), i was just going to watch a bit the hit the hay. ended up watching it all, and woke me up enough to write these reviews :D . one thing i did notice, it has mr. eko from the tv show "lost" in it. i didnt realize he has been in other things before lost. turns out he was also in ace ventura:when nature calls, and in mummy returns. going to look at him differently now when i watch lost (next episode is his backstory too!)

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The second movie (out of the three) this year that starts with a factory scene, must be somekind of new trend. Anyway, Burton is going back to his roots, especially using the forms and figures he used in his early shorts/movies, but it's all a bit more colourful and of course the humor is still black as death. The music is, yet again, taken to another level by the wonderful Danny Elfman. The acting is very well done, especially Highmore gives an excelent preformance and is one of the few kiddie stars that doesn't make me throw up. The story is wonderful and stuffed with all kind of different emotions that aren't forced but honest for once. You don't see many movies that reflect the director's love anymore, but with this movie (and most of Burton's other movies) they really reflect the love that it is made with. Yes, I really loved this amazing tour trough the mysterious Wonka factory. And I can't imagine why somebody doesn't like this movie. 8.5/10

King Kong - The new version, obviously. Went to the cinema last night and it was quite an experience. It was really, really well done. There is taken a lot of time to give us some insight on the characters and what drives them, it is after about 1,5 hour that we get to see the big ape! And the big ape is beautiful. He is so skillfully designed, with so much eye for detail; you can almost count his hairs, and not only his outside is beautiful, once you get to know the ape you get to see his inside is good as well. But allthough you get all these great graphics and all that action the movie still feels very authentic, and no, that's not just because of the intermission and 'old' intro and credit. It's really weird, I can't describe it. All in all I had a great night out and this really is a film that you should see in cinema! 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The second movie (out of the three) this year that starts with a factory scene, must be somekind of new trend.

just out of curiosity, what are the other two?

Broken Flowers and Lord of War. :P

In Broken Flowers we follow a pink letter, and in Lord of War we follow the bullet.

21o4pav.jpg

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - The second movie (out of the three) this year that starts with a factory scene, must be somekind of new trend.

just out of curiosity, what are the other two?

Broken Flowers and Lord of War. :P

In Broken Flowers we follow a pink letter, and in Lord of War we follow the bullet.

Broken Flowers come out on DVD this week :). I proclaim I will watch it. Wedding Crashers too (again).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I really liked Broken Flowers, it's deff. worth seeing it!

Banshun (Late Spring) - :worship: A typical Ozu movie, absolutely amazing. You got to like it though. 9/10

21o4pav.jpg

The new Harry Potter movie and The Green Mile! :)

The Green Mile is a very good movie I liked it,and about Harry Potter: the acting wasn't really good I expected it a bit else but overall it was a good movie

The other night I also saw Clerks. I didn't like it at first because it was monochrome, but for a film shot on a budget of less than $30, 000, it's damn good. Dozens of usable one-liners, non-stop hilarity throughout the entire thing. 'twas great.

I also found out that the sequel is currently in post-production. Kick-wagon.

you have seen the other kevin smith movies, havent you?

first one he made was clerks, then mallrats, chasing amy, dogma, jay and silent bob strike back, and jersey girl. jersey girl is the only one that doesnt have jay and silent bob in it, kevin smith (silent bob) was trying to get away from that, so that it didnt seem like his movies were riding on the backs of them (if you watch chasing amy, you know he can make a great hilarious movie with them only in it for a minute). didnt quite work out as he expected, lets just hope passion of the clerks is good.

I've seen J&SB Strike Back, but not the others. I'll get around to watching them eventually though, I promise!

Kung Fu Hustle - The latest Stephen Chow film. Pretty nice, same style as Shoalin Soccer, over the top action and humor, and a funny story. Of course this movie doesn't lack the obvious references either. I enjoyed it a lot. 7/10

Blade Runner - In my opinion the best movie of the 80's. 8.5/10

21o4pav.jpg

I've seen J&SB Strike Back, but not the others. I'll get around to watching them eventually though, I promise!

you better!look>

Bourne Supremacy - better than the first one? quite possibly so, but they are both really good either way. this one didnt really have a lead lady in it, it was pretty much all focused on bourne. he gets set up as killing a few people, of course he didnt, but the government thinks he did. great movie, cant wait for the third one and if they do a fourth one for them all to come out.

Fantastic Four - jessica alba is hot. ive already reviewed this one, my family watched it again and i kinda watched most of it. jessica alba is hot.

only two, and they were on monday :D no time :(

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Layer Cake - Pretty good, but we kind of know these things already. Craig did a good job and it was okay for it's genre. Nothing too special thougn. 7?/10

21o4pav.jpg

Kung Fu Hustle - The latest Stephen Chow film. Pretty nice, same style as Shoalin Soccer, over the top action and humor, and a funny story. Of course this movie doesn't lack the obvious references either. I enjoyed it a lot. 7/10

Aargh i liked it too! But im a serious Kung-Fu-movies fan and couldnt stop thinking that this movie should never been made. They said here in Finland before the film was released, that the movie makes honour for the oldskool k-f-movies, but it was a lie! Mothaf***! I hated the part where they ran like Speedys at the highway.. argh so awfull!.. and not so "old-skool-kung-fu"..

But hey, pretty cool movie.

The movie actually does makes an homage to the 'oldschool' Kung-Fu scene (movie-wise). The reason you and I don't know the references is that they are mainly based on 'real' old-school kung fu movies that never got spread worldwide and are kept in Asia. And because a director takes his own style doesn't mean his movie can't be an homage to older movies. :)

12 Angry Men - Damn, why is this movie so good. I watched it again tonight and I had the same feeling as the first time I watched it, I was again overwhelmed. Deff. one of the best movies ever made in my opinion.

21o4pav.jpg

I watched The Cave. It wasn't really THAT bad at all. I mean, it was terribly predictable, had questionable acting, wasn't scary and we've seen it before. But I suppose it was kinda fun to watch. The ending was pretty good, at least for that kind of movie.

I think it would be fun the next time I rent one of these movies and get a group together, and right after all the character's are introduced, you vote on who dies, and in what order. You can pretty much guess it.

And this movie had the perfect cliched characters (the leader, the younger brother, the love attraction, the tomboy, the black guy, the Chinese guy, the...Country music star (if you get what I mean), the guy who opposes the leader, and the old scientist. I don't normally put people into classes, but you can tell the directors thought "we are seriously lacking [such and such type of character]. Let's put in a character with this characteristic and have them completely predictable. Hey, we can kill them off too!

So yea, it wasn't great, but it wasn't as bad as it looks, or as critics say it is.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

And we arrived at my 10th movie of the year yesterdaynight. :P

La Seconda Volta (1996) - I didn't really know what to expect since I'm not really familliar wit Mimmo Calopresti's work. But it was quite nice. The story is really powerful and it's not brought to you like you are used, it's really done normally nowhere things are blown up, and that's really great and the succes of this movie. The lack of dialogue is perfectly backed up with a great score and at some points beautiful photography. If you can get your hands on it, watch it.

[story] *may contain spoilers* [story]

La seconda volta speaks about a woman who after shooting a professor in the head and spending 10 years in prison comes out, tries to get back to having a normal life again, gets a new job and starts living in her own apartment. Her attempts to forget about her past are not as satisfactory as she wished they would be after she meets the person she had shot 10 years ago.

Taken from taken from TheKills' user comments.

21o4pav.jpg

Shaolin kung-fu master shall get his revange!

Mayby 1 of the best "Jacky" Chan kung-f movies. Absolutely beatiful fightingscenes, extrem-english-dubs over Chinese-talk, MAYBY 1 OF THE BEST KUNG-FU MOVIE THEMES, and THE Ultimate Tegnique. Haha.. A must see movie. Trust me.

cant get pic working ;s

Anyway, the name of the movie is: Shaolin Wooden Men.

American Pie: Band Camp - it was definently funny, and you could definently tell it was an american pie movie. only thing that it was lacking was more of the original cast. it just wasnt the same. it went from being a hilarious movie that you can get into and watch the people progress from movie to movie; into just a hilarious movie.

Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - my favorite of the two if i had to pick one, just because of the house of blue leaves. that is just freaking sweet. watched it with my dad, that was definently kind of akward during some places. its a great movie, filmed magnificently, fairly decent acting, good story. definently a top movie (probably in my top 15)

Syriana - expecting a lot out of this movie, and i got it. awesome movie, good storyline, its basically a political movie about oil in the mideast. didnt agree with some of it politically, but movie wise i loved it. filmed in the same sort of free-cam style that traffic was filmed in. great movie, definently worth seeing.

Wedding Crashers - friends wanted to watch it, but i just watched it not to long ago. think the same as before, a funny movie.

American Pie: Band Camp - less than two days since i first watched it, my friends wanted to watch it again. wasnt paying as much attention, but enough to still catch the jokes and laugh.

The Ringer - looked pretty funny on the comercials, but its just a so-so comedy. there are a lot of kinda funny parts, but i just dont think it was pulled off very well. knoxville did ok, nothing special though. after i watched it my friend told me that most of the "main" mentally handicapped people in the movie were actually mentally handicapped in real life. dont know if its true or not, but it makes you admire the movie more. they did pretty good in it.

Dirty Deeds - i thought this was a pretty freaking funny movie. but i just read the main user review on imdb which basically says all the flaws and how bad the movie was. i agree with pretty much all of them, but i didnt find them all that important. i was enjoying the movie very thoroughly. definently a good one for you and your friends to watch. its kind of wierd i reminisce about highschool was, time flies. one thing i did notice about this was the girl at the party was the lead girl from american pie band camp. i thought she looked pretty hot in both of them. just a heads up for all you guys out there :D

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Batman (1989) - I kind of liked it, didn't pay too much attention because I was kind of tired from work. I also fell asleep about 10 minutes to the end. :oops:

Oldboy (2003) - Same story as that post I wrote in which nobody replied, I think. Quality movie and deff. worth seeing.

Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981) - The first Indy (Indiana Jones) movie from the trilogy. I guess you all know the story. It's funny, exciting, very, very good looking and of course Ford in a typical Ford role. One of the better, if not the best, adventure movies out there.

21o4pav.jpg