What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

Hah. :) i think i got hÃÆÃâÃâämmered, but hey. still cant stand the movie. ;P

That's up to you of course. But I hope you see that it's not a terrible movie. :)

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

"Jarhead" at the cinemas,wasnt too good.I dont reccomend it :\

What didnt you like about it? I mean most of the people ive spoken too have said its really good.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I watched Wedding Crashers last night (i was in the mood for something light-hearted). Not a bad movie, but it was certainly not as good as i expected it to be. I've seen Vince Vaughn in a few films and i'd say this is probably the worst (Old School and Swingers are far better).

The last 15-20 minutes or so were pretty awful, the typical 'romantic' ending really offered nothing new. I'd probably give this film 5/10, and i doubt i'd watch it again.

Kirk and Lars I could handle. At the same time.

"Jarhead" at the cinemas,wasnt too good.I dont reccomend it :\

What didnt you like about it? I mean most of the people ive spoken too have said its really good.

Well it was all about a soldier wanting to shoot his rifle,in the end he gets 2 seconds from shooting it then he has to go back to the camp near the oil wells because they was getting shipped out. Not much action in it really.

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

Oh, Lord. Where is world going to. :cry:

Anyway.

The Bourne Identity - Seen it one time, kind of forgot about it so had to see it again. Pretty decent action-thriller. Sometimes it's a bit childish (as in acting). Car chase is pretty good and also the shootout in that big field is well done, action-scenes are choreographed very nice too. Music could've been better though. All in all a 7 out of 10 will do.

21o4pav.jpg

Yeah, actually that was the last film I saw too. I agree with How2PK's score: it was fun, but it could have been better in some respects (e.g. removing the constant rude words in German; it's not clever or cosmopolitan to swear in other languages -- they might have said something moving in place of that).

Yeah, actually that was the last film I saw too. I agree with How2PK's score: it was fun, but it could have been better in some respects (e.g. removing the constant rude words in German; it's not clever or cosmopolitan to swear in other languages -- they might have said something moving in place of that).

actually the first time i saw the movie i wondered why she was cursing in german, i never really noticed she was german (before i watched or even knew about run lola run). i guess she had an accent, but it wasnt very much.

Well it was all about a soldier wanting to shoot his rifle,in the end he gets 2 seconds from shooting it then he has to go back to the camp near the oil wells because they was getting shipped out. Not much action in it really.

that was the point of the movie...

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

actually the first time i saw the movie i wondered why she was cursing in german, i never really noticed she was german (before i watched or even knew about run lola run). i guess she had an accent, but it wasnt very much.

that was the point of the movie...

Yep,thats why i said it wasnt as good as the adverts made me belive :'(

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

The Constant Gardener (2005 - Fernando Meirelles) - A-MAZ-ING. What a superb movie. It's from the director of "Cidade de Deus", and you can see that as well, in his use of colours and filming (there even is a small reference to Cidade). A perfect combination of zoom and distance shots, very strong acting, and of course the again a strong matter of discussion in this movie. I'd almost say: Perfect. But since nothing is perfect. A real recommendation. If you still got the chance to see this in a small cinema or something (it's out of the big ones, had the last viewing yesterday in a small one: don't think just go. 9/10

I think there's two users who specially need to see this: Bubsa and Matt. I hope they'll get a change to get around.

The Boondock Saints (1999 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Troy Duffy) ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Seen it before, but itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s deff. woth seeing a few times. First time it's just all fun and good entertainment. The second time things are still entertaining, but you pay more attention to the real big question of the movie. I really liked it the first time, and I liked it better the second time. Willem Dafoe is the best btw. :P 8/10

21o4pav.jpg

32. Nuovo Cinema Paradiso (1989 - Guiseppe Tornatore) second viewing - Very good. 8.5.

33. The Bourne Supremacy (2004 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Paul Greengrass) second viewing - Mediocore/bad 5.

34. Munich (2006 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Steven Spielberg) first viewing - Above average/good 7.5.

35. Rocky IV (1985 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Sylvester Stalone) second viewing - Good fun. 6.5.

36. The Birds (1963 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Alfred Hitchcock) second viewing - Very good. 8.5

37. Reform School Girl (1957 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Edward Bernds) first viewing - Okay. 6.5.

21o4pav.jpg

|\

|

|

i want to hear more about munich and underworld evolution, if you guys dont mind :P

since the last time i posted movies the only thing ive managed to watch is the first half of seven samurai. maybe it being number 5 on imdb's list made me think it was going to be a spectacular movie, because so far ive been very let down. style wise and film wise it seems pretty good (for the time), but i dont think the actors are any good in it. the seven are ok, but the villagers absolutely suck. didnt seem like they were in horrible peril at all, looked just like they were complaining. oh well, once i get around to watching the second half (3 hour long movie, i dont have that much time anymore), ill edit it in to this.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

38. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigolo (2005 - Mike Bigelow) - Brr, pure crap. Lucky for me my brother has got an infectious laugh to compensate the 80 minutes of sitting. 3.

39. Wedding Crashers (2005 - David Dobkin) - Awww, what a nice movie! Isla Fisher! :drool: 7.5.

21o4pav.jpg

Stealth - I found the trailer to be misleading, the plane didnt go on a rampage but the trailer showed images of that :? 6/10

John carpenters ghost of mars - Well when its got ice cube in it you know its gona be crap :P Action packed, ending kind of got rushed, 5 people died in about 2 minutes :? 6/10

Yesterday I watched the superb "Brokeback Mountain". I probably could have enjoyed it even more if it hadn't been for immature, annoying 13 year olds talking loudly and laughing (at inappropriate times) throughout the course of the film.

Every aspect of the film is done exceptionally, the only slight criticism I have would be the simple and repetitive score, but this is a contribution to the mood and does work beautifully with the Brokback mountain backdrop.

Another great film directed by Ang Lee - I already want to see it again!

I watched a few movies this week...

The Shining - didn't get to see it all, plus wasn't really paying attention. Looks to be good though, it's another one of those movie's I never end up watching...But I saw much of it, it was interesting.

Two For the Money - Well, this couldn't have been much better, considering it's a movie about people who tell other people what to bet...Pacino made it worth seeing through to the end.

Vertigo - I haven't seen a movie that was this unusual and at the same time this intruiging in one. It played out like no other movie I've ever seen. EXCELLENT directing, I can hardly believe it looked this good considering it's age (though it was obviously re-mastered or what have you). It looked amazing, at you can't complain about the acting. Story was pretty good to. Can't decide whether I like this or Rear Window (which I watched last week) better.

Now, I'm going to re-watch Lord of War (seen in theatre), and then for this week: Memento, The Professional, and then hopefully North by Northwest.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

Now, I'm going to re-watch Lord of War (seen in theatre), and then for this week: Memento, The Professional, and then hopefully North by Northwest.

*the professional is my second favorite movie*

vertigo was pretty good, and so is north by northwest. but if you like hitchcock movies, you definently have to watch the lady vanishes. that is easily his best.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Just saw Underworld: Evolution.

Learnt the history of the bloodlines and witnessed the creation of 2 new breeds, excelent entertainment :)

It's alot more violent then the first one and anyone who says Kate Beckinsale isn't HOT is crazy! :wink:

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

21 Grams - if you really pay attention then you can figure it all out fairly early in the movie, i figured it out around 1/3rd of the way through. i watched it with a friend who gets confused if the plots thicker than fantastic four or spiderman, so he was complaining the whole time, kind of ruined the movie a bit. but i still really enjoyed the movie a lot, and its cool how everything kind of comes together in the end.

Seven Samurai - ranked number 5 of all time on imdb, and its number two in the criterion collection. basis for ever magnificent seven movie/tv show (there are a few i know of at least). so the question is, why does this movie suck? the acting i would say was horrendous by everyone except for the seven samurai, and theirs would be really bad at times even. the storyline is ok, nothing really special about it. it did seem like it was filmed fairly well, different shots for different purposes, pretty good. the fighting was horrendous too though, and thats what the majority of the last half of the movie was. so many stupid things going on in the big battle (the bandits running into town the same way three times, everytime 1 or two make it in and then get slaughtered, yet they keep on trying it). then at the final batlle, only 13 bandits left, and it looks like only a few villagers and one or two samurai are dead. no bandits in their right mind would have kept on trying, they would have just looted someplace easier. and why was the movie 3 hours and 20 minutes long? kept on dragging on, and on, and on... i bought it in a 4 movie criterion collection box set, with three of his other movies (hidden fortress, yojimbo, and sanjuro are the others) and i know those are on the top 250 on imdb also, so hopefully those are slightly enertaining. one good thing about seven samurai was it was kind of funny at places, normally when it wasnt supposed to be. when they were trying to be funny it was about half the time, but never during the whole movie would you laugh out loud. i suggest watching it, it gets so many good reviews and everything, but i didnt like it at all.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Phantom of the Opera (2004) - Andrew Lloyd Webber. Probably the 10th time i've watched it :P. What can I say? I'm a sucker for love stories and musicals... put 'em together and i'm guaranteed to love it ;) (yes, I love Moulin Rouge too :o). Love the music and think, although an odd role for Gerard Butler, he did a great job.

I'm in the middle of my exams so every night I watch a movie, mostly movies where my poor brain can relax :)

Yesterday: Tomb Raider: Angelina Jolie did some good and cool performed acting, apart from her knocke-knocking performance the movie wasn't that great but I enjoyed it; the feeling you get while playing TR isn't really there, but hey, I didn't care as long as Angelina was on the screen :D

Bill Hicks[/url]":dhj2kan9]Since the one thing we can say about fundamental matter is, that it is vibrating. And since all vibrations are theoretically sound, then it is not unreasonable to suggest that the universe is music and should be perceived as such.

heinzny2.jpg

Too bad you didn't like Seven Samurai, Indy. I loved it, ranked #2 on my list. :oops: The plot was really great, it may be simple now, but it was revolutionary at it's time. It set the standard for a lot of action movies made after it.

21o4pav.jpg