What movie(s) did you last see?

How2PK

White Noise - Not very good. At some moments it was kind of 'freaky' and tension nicely brought. The characters weren't very good, we hardly get any insight on Keaton's reaction to the death of his wife, so we can't really understand why he's doing what he's doing. Of course, we know why he's doing it, but we can't really go along with him. And there are more little things that make no sense in the movie, but the end did it. It was really horrible, it really made a rather 'decent' movie a bad movie. Too bad, it could've been a lot better. 4/10

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

Saw 'Jarhead' last night.....dont go see it if your looking forward to gun battles and excitement :roll:

Basically all about 'What it is to be a marine' and how war is not good......

I got bored.....

NumaNuma Fan | WoW > Rs

@Daan: How can you still find Twelve Monkeys confusing. First time I got it :P

Now Donnie Darko, that's a bich to understand sometimes ;)

In regards to 2001: A Space Odyssey, it is the only movie that has actually bored me within 5 minutes of getting started. I dunno what it is about it, but the start is just too slow to keep my interested.

@Daan: How can you still find Twelve Monkeys confusing. First time I got it :P

Now Donnie Darko, that's a bich to understand sometimes ;)

In regards to 2001: A Space Odyssey, it is the only movie that has actually bored me within 5 minutes of getting started. I dunno what it is about it, but the start is just too slow to keep my interested.

Heh, I was a bit younger when I saw that first. Hence me being confused a bit. :P

I can see why the the first five minutes of 2001: ASO bored you, Rick. The first five minutes is black screen with music. :P i admitt, it's a bit slow, but when you take your time to watch it. It's so great.

21o4pav.jpg

So was I :P

And the first time I saw anything of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I actually came in about 40minutes in. Felt a bit slow - figured it might just be a lul in the movie (as you get with most) but no. Watching it from the start I was just 'nah' and just had it on in the background while I did some other stuff online :P

2001 a space odyesee is really slow, and if you look at my other posts a movie being slow and 3 hours long usually kills all of my respect for it. but not that one, i still liked it. i read the books before i saw the movie, it could get kind of confusing if you didnt. how would you know whats going on at the end with his aging and the baby in space? those actually are explained in the book, but not really in the movie. oh well, the movie is good too.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

So was I :P

And the first time I saw anything of 2001: A Space Odyssey, I actually came in about 40minutes in. Felt a bit slow - figured it might just be a lul in the movie (as you get with most) but no. Watching it from the start I was just 'nah' and just had it on in the background while I did some other stuff online :P

That's why watching movies on the computer sucks. You're disctracted all the time, getting in at 40 minutes isn't really a thing you should do with 2001:ASO either. Just take your time, watch the movie from start till end. It's really worth it.

21o4pav.jpg

2001 a space odyesee is really slow, and if you look at my other posts a movie being slow and 3 hours long usually kills all of my respect for it. but not that one, i still liked it. i read the books before i saw the movie, it could get kind of confusing if you didnt. how would you know whats going on at the end with his aging and the baby in space? those actually are explained in the book, but not really in the movie. oh well, the movie is good too.
What are the names of these books? I might seek them out.

Oh yea, and my local Blockbuster is really starting to get annoying; these are the movie's I've gone to get and they didn't have:

Spartacus

Taxi Driver

Magnolia (they actually have this on VHS)

The Third Man

and the last 3 I've tried to get in the last few weeks...

But I did get American History X for this week. :)

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

2001: a space odysee. arthur c clark and stanely kubrick co-wrote this one, kubrick had them sent to jupiter in the movie, it was saturn in the book.

2010: odysee two. due to the movies popularity, clark took it in stride and wrote it like the sequel to the movie. i think the only difference between book and movie was the jupiter/saturn thing, so it wasnt a big deal

2061: odysee three.

3001: final odysee.

all written by arthur c clark, and all are great sci fi novels.

The Fifth Element - i remember when this first came out i thought it looked stupid, but i saw it so i got it. the intro credits totally killed me, luc besson wrote, directed, and produced it, and he holds those same titles for my second favorite film of all time (leon: the professional). i knew bruce willis was in it, but milla jovovich, ian holm, chris tucker and gary oldman all hit me out of the blue. anyways, its a good scifi movie, even with the horrible costumes. i think that almost added to it. they do have the generic evil rich guy (having money means you are automatically evil), but i just take note of it and dont let it bother me. its an exciting, and funny at some points. acting was all ok, definently good enough for a scifi flick. plus milla isnt shy about taking off her shirt, always a plus.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I watched War of the Worlds for the first time. It looked great, there was awesome effects, and lots of style. You could tell it was a big-budget pic, and there was amazing special effects. There was also a few cool scenes. But deep down this is a bad movie. So many questions unanswered even at the end (that they seemed to tip-toe around), and every now and again someone would come along who would seemingly have all the answers, but with no apparent way of having found them out. The acting was lame (Tim Robbins was alright I guess), Dakota Fanning was very annoying, it dragged on, and then ended so abruptly...There was no feeling at all. I donno, maybe it's the fact I have been watching all classic dramas lately, but this seemed even more shallow than other pop-corn type alien flicks...Signs was far superior to this, Independance Day also I'd say.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I watched War of the Worlds for the first time. It looked great, there was awesome effects, and lots of style. You could tell it was a big-budget pic, and there was amazing special effects. There was also a few cool scenes. But deep down this is a bad movie. So many questions unanswered even at the end (that they seemed to tip-toe around), and every now and again someone would come along who would seemingly have all the answers, but with no apparent way of having found them out. The acting was lame (Tim Robbins was alright I guess), Dakota Fanning was very annoying, it dragged on, and then ended so abruptly...There was no feeling at all. I donno, maybe it's the fact I have been watching all classic dramas lately, but this seemed even more shallow than other pop-corn type alien flicks...Signs was far superior to this, Independance Day also I'd say.

I seen war of the worlds,Yep very good filem.

23 whip pks,3 dhorka,2 ahrims lvl 119 attack 99 strength 99 and defence 92 plus 94 mage

I seen war of the worlds,Yep very good filem.

Errr...Hmmm...That wasn't my point at all.
bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I watched Flightplan. Man was this slow...The first half was supposed to be about building tension and confusion...And I never felt the least bit tense at all (atleast in most bad thrillers you get some feeling of tension -not here)...The second half was the standard action bit: the victim becomes almost superhuman in being able to plan out the perfect order of actions, and then commit them unimpeded by the villain (who is obvious from the very beginning, btw)...This movie was only 98 minutes long, but it felt far longer. Also, they didn't fully explain a few key elements, and it felt as if there were some racist undertones (the director ever has you believe that Arab terrorists are on the plane and they are trying to hijack it).

This really made me wonder why 10 days after it's release there was a huge line-up to reserve a copy of it on DVD, (so I actually ended up getting it the following weekend [this weekend]) and that a few less mainstream movie sit on the shelves (and as I've already stated, they lack many of the classics).

I'd definately not suggest this. However, the movie Red Eye is alarmingly similar (with Rachel McAdams being much easier on the eyes, and actual feelings of tension) and it does what it should far better than this. Red Eye was pretty good popcorn entertainment :).

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

flight plan has jodie foster in it, it automatically loses 3 points because of that. but it is supposedly a remake of "the lady vanishes", which is definenetly my favorite hitchcock and probably my favorite pre-1960s movie, but looking at the plot outline i dont see a big connection, maybe a small connection.

The Third Man - people who dont like to watch black and white films dont know what they are missing. this one is a great movie, its suspenseful, has action and a cool storyline. i did guess the ending five to ten minutes into the movie, which i thought was cool. i dont know how i guessed it, since you know more or less nothing at that point. didnt detract from the movie at all since you really dont know for sure until closer towards the end. anyways, great movie.

Hostel - quentin tarantino presented this, whatever that means. i guess you could consider this a good movie, but i have two big biases to making me dislike it. first is the beginning when they are in amersterdam. yes, you can buy weed in amersterdam, yes americans go there to do this. this is not new, it does not have to be in every dam american movie where they are in europe. that annoyes the crap out of me, we get the idea already. secondly, its a horror movie, and im just not a fan. 90% of them are too stupid to be scary (like this one), and the other 10% scare the hell out of me and im uncomfortable for weeks :lol: . im a scaredy cat, i know. well, if you like horror go for it, but dont expect anything special. its not even really all gross either.

Logan's Run - in a desparate attempt to put off doing my paper as long as possible, i decided to rewatch this classic. this is a great 1970s scifi movie, everything you would want from it. interesting story, hot co-star, funny looking special effects, and of course nudity. i think ive already reviewed this one, so ill just leave it at a really good movie. definently need to see it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

The Third Man - people who dont like to watch black and white films dont know what they are missing. this one is a great movie, its suspenseful, has action and a cool storyline. i did guess the ending five to ten minutes into the movie, which i thought was cool. i dont know how i guessed it, since you know more or less nothing at that point. didnt detract from the movie at all since you really dont know for sure until closer towards the end. anyways, great movie.

Grrrr. They didn't have it at Blockbuster last week :evil:

I really wanted to see it too. I might just go ahead and buy it, since I do want to see it.

bestsiggycopy5bo.jpg

I really wanted to see it too. I might just go ahead and buy it, since I do want to see it.

Just buy it. :P You can't go wrong with it and it's not that surprising that they don't have late 40's noir at blockbuster. :P

Anyway,

Raging Bull - Recentely saw it, but friends droped by and they wanted to see it. So I had to see it. Still my favorite Scorsese picture. Just great. 9/10

Casablanca - We'll always have Paris. <3. 9/10

And a part of Kohayagawa-ke no aki which I'm going to finish later today.

21o4pav.jpg

Watched Fight Club on DVD in the afternoon and then Green Mile on TV last night ^_^

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12